July 1st- It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
The Sims 4: High School Years EP launches July 28th! Click here to find out more!

Murphy bed death

How long before the risk of death gets nerfed by EA?

Murphy bed death 162 votes

In the next update
57%
CK213bshag4lvGRIMMYIcewolfalexspoom13UnDutchableTWSimGamer82CamkatPlayerSinger2010AlrynnelanorbretonfreindlylolMoon_Willowfruitsbasket101Nivyxmock68BluelleMindofyldmarkomarcel21 93 votes
It may be a while...
23%
aelias24xoJessiBloosmooFoxybabyhg3alanmichael1goodcakebaker62KaeChan2089ladybreidRaevynLustianiciacyberlucy1965MarvinKoshtaydevInsaneStarRavager619drakharisfiercephoenix91DoloresGreyBMSOOldeseadogge 38 votes
Never
19%
Bluegaylesims2freak737SageRainWillowPipersfun2simgirl1010Paigeisin5IObelleciviemorrigunfunthecatsredKLAlexisAnthonydyerphantasmkissMistress_LuxaFinvolaTenchi2aSindocatfreakyteen721gnelso1239Scobre 31 votes

Comments

• SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,732 Member
    Hopefully soon. I'm to scared to use it now. I love my sims and don't want them to die early, sorry. :D
  • Stina1701AStina1701A Posts: 1,110 Member
    In the next update
    Yebb. Murphy's law; if it is fun, it gets the nerf bat of oblivion :disappointed:
  • Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 2,803 Member
    Never
    If enough people complain, which I'm sure already have, they'll patch it. Otherwise modders will. ;)
    Reticulating Splines...
    RxGqIAC.png
  • NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    Maybe dying doesn't have to happen every time they get smacked by the bed. Otherwise it looks like one of the quickest ways to kill a Sim unintentionally :|

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,582 Member
    In the next update
    I hope they do because it seems pretty risky to use the Murphy Bed!
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,039 Member
    It may be a while...
    Admiral8Q wrote: »
    If enough people complain, which I'm sure already have, they'll patch it. Otherwise modders will. ;)

modders already have

https://icemunmun.blogspot.com/2020/01/no-death-murphy-bed.html
  • rainbowwithfangsrainbowwithfangs Posts: 72 Member
    edited January 2020
    It may be a while...
    Sharonia wrote: »
    Hopefully soon. I'm to scared to use it now. I love my sims and don't want them to die early, sorry. :D

Exactly! It's a really cool concept, and the ghost you get from it is really cool. But, I'm with you. I'm scared to loose one of my Sims!
    Origin ID: mickimagnum
    My Sims Blog

Never
    DaWaterRat wrote: »

modders already have

Haha! I'm not surprised.
    Reticulating Splines...
    RxGqIAC.png
  • LquinnLquinn Posts: 385 Member
    In the next update
    Hopefully soon. I don't think it needs to be completely removed, but shouldn't happen very often, less than one percent for a death.
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,936 Member
    edited January 2020
    It may be a while...
    Hopefully soon, but I doubt it. I want my sims to be comfortable going to bed at night when I get ahold of Murphy Beds! Maybe a 10% chance of death? While broken?
    funny-gifs20.gif

• PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,087 Member
    In the next update
    DaWaterRat wrote: »

modders already have

https://icemunmun.blogspot.com/2020/01/no-death-murphy-bed.html

Great, problem solved then!
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,060 Member
    edited January 2020
    It may be a while...
    Lol, I made my Sim fully upgrade Murphy bed and I'm still afraid to let her sleep in it. I have to remember to save the game every night before she's going to sleep.
    Never
    Those things are dangerous in real life though. But hey, it's a game. ;)
    I do like the early to mid 1900's style of the stuff. Very 'retro'. (Minus the flat-screen TV's of course.)
    Reticulating Splines...
    RxGqIAC.png
  • ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,086 Member
    In the next update
    I already have a mod to stop it.
    p8L4V6v.png
  • IcewolfIcewolf Posts: 674 Member
    In the next update
    They will probably nerf it good in the next patch. I really do not hope they will though.

You knew the risks of this bed. Just save the game before you send your sim to interact with the bed. It doesn't have to be that much harder. Why even complain when you can upgrade the bed so it will never kill your sim?
  • BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,234 Member
    It may be a while...
    I find it funny when they get pumbled by the bed but I don't think they would nerf it persay, I think they would probably tone it down so the deaths are less frequent.
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

• Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,503 Member
    In the next update
    BMSO wrote: »
    I find it funny when they get pumbled by the bed but I don't think they would nerf it persay, I think they would probably tone it down so the deaths are less frequent.

Less frequent usually ends up being pretty much never.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,732 Member
    I honestly don't care if it's nerfed now that there is a mod to stop it. Let others have their fun.
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,069 Member
    Dianesims wrote: »
    Dianesims wrote: »

theres actually already a mod to stop it. its listed in the most recent broken mods thread.
  • KhrisstyneKhrisstyne Posts: 363 Member
    In the next update
    I am afraid they will tone it down. I love this new death. It's so much fun.
    AviaWinters.tumblr.com
    AviaTheDramaFiend.wordpress.com
    (not always sims related but I review and discuss television shows and movies. Foreign or not.)

I play on console and PC now! YAY!
  • phantasmkissphantasmkiss Posts: 1,405 Member
    Never
    So... they just die?

They don't get crushed, then have to get crushed again within 4 hours? Well. This is a first for Sims 4.
    4TJdLHA.png
    Tumblr | Sims 4 Gallery | Sims 3 Page
    Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
    Give Me a Story, I'll Give You a Build | The Bunker Challenge | CowplantSports
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,503 Member
    In the next update
    So... they just die?

They don't get crushed, then have to get crushed again within 4 hours? Well. This is a first for Sims 4.

Sometimes it happens after a second crushing when there’s still a buff from the first incident but sometimes it happens the first time. 😈 It’s like bedtime Russian roulette! It’s great!