Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How to grow a Sims YouTube channel?

2...Next

Comments

• RowinnRowinn Posts: 3 New Member
    JessPlays, we have very similar names in our YouTube channels. That is kind of neat. I am also doing Sims 4 videos. I am currently working on the Tiny Living Challenge. My son and I also do joint Guild Wars 2 videos on the channel. Since this is my first Sims 4 YouTube series I would love some feedback. I haven't gotten any yet, so I am kind of working blind. Thanks for you time guys. :)

My YouTube channel is under the name RowinnPlays. I can't post links yet sadly.
  • Lady_LuSsh01Lady_LuSsh01 Posts: 328 Member
    > @TMBrandon said:
    > The best way to do it is to interact with the lp community via comments, subscriptions and twitter. And also just comment on your favorite regular youtuber's videos, it'll get your channel out there and someone will be bound to click on your channel. And when you start subscribing to other simmers they usually subscribe back and want to make collabs!

i need help myself would love if you could check out my channel and give me some feed back thanks
  • meubanksmeubanks Posts: 445 Member
    I'm neither a youtuber, nor an expert on the subject. My feedback should be taken in that light.

The name of your channel, "Thomas TV," won't help until you gain a following. People don't know who you are, and the channel name has no obvious connection to your content. I'm not saying that it's a bad name, just that it doesn't draw any attention for a small/new channel.

Your content is good in terms of quality/ variety. I didn't dig into it exhaustively, but I checked out a few videos. I'm getting a "more of the same" impression, meaning that there is nothing that really distinguishes your content from the vast amount of Sims 4 content already on Youtube. I think people will enjoy what you have, but not necessarily come looking for it specifically. If you can find a niche that differentiates your content it might help draw more views.

Keep doing what you're doing, and self-promote at every opportunity. Do collabs on other people's channels, and if you can do livestreams with more established youtubers, that will help you gain some recognition. I don't quite know how youtube algorithms work, but I'm fairly certain that more views make it more likely that you'll show up on the front page of a search. Very few people look beyond that. If you can figure out how to use keywords in your titles and descriptions, you might be able to use that to your advantage. I don't really know enough to give any suggestions, but its a topic for research. Talk to other youtubers to see what worked for them.

I'd also suggest remaining active here in the forums. By linking and promoting your videos here you can gain some cross traffic.

• Lady_LuSsh01Lady_LuSsh01 Posts: 328 Member
    > @Rowinn said:
    > JessPlays, we have very similar names in our YouTube channels. That is kind of neat. I am also doing Sims 4 videos. I am currently working on the Tiny Living Challenge. My son and I also do joint Guild Wars 2 videos on the channel. Since this is my first Sims 4 YouTube series I would love some feedback. I haven't gotten any yet, so I am kind of working blind. Thanks for you time guys. :)
    >
    > My YouTube channel is under the name RowinnPlays. I can't post links yet sadly.
    >
    >

hi i'm in the same position im a new youtube trying to make regular videos, but too would like feedback on my content, would love if you could checkout my channel, "Lady LuSsh" as i cant post yet, i will defo go and have a look at your channel.
  • J_Morris97J_Morris97 Posts: 38 Member
    All these comments and I think I need to start following some of this advice (thanks for starting this post). I have had a channel for years and I've been pretty rubbish at keeping up with it but since late last year I've decided to try and find time and get back into it all.
  • RyttiamRyttiam Posts: 6 New Member
    Just re-started my channel a couple weeks ago, and all this advice is amazing! Also OP I see you over there with 4k subs now. Congrats!!

If anyone is interested in my channel, I mostly focus on challenges with storylines (least that's the goal lol):
    www.youtube. com/user/RhetoRytt/featured
  • Jasmine22Jasmine22 Posts: 4 New Member
    Hey guys I know this discussion is really old but I also wanted to know what I could do better to get my YouTube channel noticed more. I’ve recently just started uploading videos but I just feel like it’s getting no where, views are dropping and barely any people subscribed, I post my new uploads on both Instagram and Facebook. I try to make funny content to keep people watching but I don’t think it’s enough. I’ve even changed my thumbnails to make them better. If you guys don’t mind could you check them out. Thanks so much and I’ll gladly return the favor ❤️ My YouTube channel is Gaming With Jas (Says I cant post links just yet)