Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

More Star Wars Stuff Please

AmavariAmavari Posts: 167 Member
edited November 2019 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
Watching The Mandalorian and how huge that is and all the star wars stuff in general going on right now just makes me crave the ability to make a couple more households to go with my Mandalorian compound..

Costumes:
7l9oKov.png
Rebels era Ahsoka, there is an absolutely amazing mod for this for the pc version, honestly I'd love to see an equally done outfit on ps4

1SpaEJ4.png
Stormtroopers: honestly I'm still kind of in shock that this wasn't put in when Vader was

io4g1S3.jpg

aoLlXHZ.png

DO9Zm3A.jpg

More Mandalorian gear like Sabine Wren or the Nightowls and Deathwatch, pallet swaps for the Boba Fett outfit to match up with things like the uncolored gear The Mandalorian wears or Jango Fett's gear

A wrist mounted flamethrower and a jetpack for traveling would be cool too for all those non-spellcasters who can't set people on fire or use brooms.

ZJzC5Rm.png

XAMLMCU.jpg

l9HRxAE.jpg

Jedi robes in general, even just generic ones for kids all the way through adults along with a couple hairstyles with the jedi braids.

AL0X8co.jpg

wx179RN.jpg

ffKauyb.png

Rey, Kylo Ren and The Emperor
Could be cool costomes and yeah I'd use them..

Lightsabers... it has always bothered me that during the space mission you don't get to keep the one you're given to use against your dark side, just let us keep it and let us change the color with the various existing crystals.

^ make it so people can fence with lightsabers and make fencing a skill that as you level it makes you more proficient.

Force powers... they honestly could just connect it to wellness, that skill already gives you force powers, just add a couple more like being able to make objects float and being able to mind trick people.. but if it were separate and there was more that would be awesome.

Mxwcuwo.jpg

Rq7C5y0.jpg

kLEQglj.jpg

Decorations aren't really needed but... empire, republic, and mandalorian banners for walls would be epic, even moreso if you also add them as club icons too..

But if they did want to add things having blast doors and slide-opening doors that can actually lock would be awesome.

So would things like starship exteriors and interiors and foundations that look like landing platforms, you can already make these sorts of things with some creativity but every bit helps~

They could also put in that training droid and visor helmet jedi use to practice their lightsaber skills as kind of a "game" that gets your fun need taken care of

Side benefit of this kind of stuff would be that it adds some nice space-tech for aliens but honestly... >.> I just want it, badly.. because it would be awesome to have jedi/empire/mandalorians running around my game more than they already are.

There is a great deal of hype right now for Star Wars, maybe I'm just speaking for myself (I definitely am) but I'd buy a pack with this stuff in it as soon as it was announced.
Post edited by Amavari on

Comments

• VamprisVampris Posts: 1,127 Member
    edited November 2019
    Sign me the hell up for the flamethrower.
    Also I felt they were gonna patch in new Starwars stuff. They could easily add in the Mandalorian gear, just edit the Boba Fett costume. They could also add in a baby yoda costume for toddlers.

Tbh I just want more crossover content. Like they could add in the Sunflower from PvZ (since its kinda popular right now what with the new game) that you could grow or hell, they could also add in some of the costumes from Apex legends or Anthem. That stuff looks amazing, it would be a shame to see the designs stay dead.
    EMrBkJP.png
  • AmavariAmavari Posts: 167 Member
    edited November 2019
    I'd admittedly be thrilled if they added in twi'lek and togruta as actual aliens so they could actually grow up and be "real" if they did it rather than doing it as costumes since..

I never liked the Aayla secura headpiece they have now unfortunately because its shape just looks too awkward to me especially compared to the other costumes.

If the costumes are good though it would be fine to just have that for Ahsoka and any others... they'd just have to never change clothes like my Ahsoka does on my pc copy.

But yeah, it seems to me that if they are going to capitalize they should do it soon while all this star warsy goodness is going on.

There are all kinds of things they could add at this point >.> most of which I'd inevitably buy packs for..
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    I love Star Wars. I've been a fan since I was 8 when the first Star Wars was released in theaters. I first own the original 3 on VHS then upgraded to Blu-ray & now I have all the prequels, the
    in-between stories & two of the sequels.
    I would love it if they made Princess Leia's Empire Strikes Back & Return of the Jedi outfits & hairstyles.
    Also, Pandeme Amidela's outfits & hairstyles from the Prequels.
    And Rei's outfit & hairstyle from the Sequels.
    edited November 2019
    EA has always been big on pushing out star wars games, and they have most of what they'd need for people to go ahead and make a bunch of star wars sims already in the game

So it should stand to reason that they could add more and just fully allow people to live out actually having a full on star wars experience in the sims.. heck they could make a pack with a storyline if they really wanted like strangerville.. and honestly thinking about that I'd be thrilled

Like.. imagine if they added star wars based careers like bounty hunters and a jedi enclave/school and various things like that similar to RoM (but hopefully much more fleshed out..)

I'm honestly already in the process of building up my own star wars themed world, mainly around mandalorian characters for now since it's the easiest thing to do since there are simrays in the game and boba fett's armor can be used well enough for multiple characters (that said the lack of variety does hurt)

Though the pc version of the game let's you mod in a lot of character costumes (I have a jedi enclave on the pc with Ahsoka Tano, Barriss Offee, Satele Shsn, Anakin, Obi Wan, and a few younglings) I'd prefer something official that I could play on my ps4.. since my computer is a toaster

I'll just be legitimately surprised if they never take advantage of the hype around star wars while it's fresh in people's minds

The Mandalorian is a hit, they released fallen order, episode 9 is almost out, the clone wars is coming out soon, now is the time to cash in on that in my view from a business standpoint.
  • superkyle221superkyle221 Posts: 1,119 Member
    They should also add Meryl Streep's costume from Little Women.
    I don't remember how to change my signature.
    edited December 2019
    >.> I suppose that I'll always have to resort to mods if this doesn't take off which is disappointing

It's treason then...
  • VamprisVampris Posts: 1,127 Member
    edited December 2019
    Bringing this thread back just to mention I couldn't believe we actually got some Star Wars stuff. Also can't believe I was somewhat right about Baby Yoda being added in. Weird it's just a statue tho

Although it's depressing on not getting The Mandalorian armor, who knows maybe it might get patched in later. With the flamethrower
    EMrBkJP.png
    edited January 2020
    That would be nice, at least it shows that they are somewhat paying attention to star wars a little bit currently, I was surprised by the addition.

Now if only they could replace holiday gnomes with baby Yodas entirely..
  • CryptiamCryptiam Posts: 3 New Member
    I'm working on the Mandalorian full outfit now, so far I got the helmet mostly done. If you are interested in it, I'll be posting WiPs & the eventual Download on my Tumblr. I'll be making around 20 Color Swatches, also this will be Free, no Patreon or anything like that~

♦WIP Image: https://66.media.tumblr.com/37d357d14ce1c1d9bd24be50388e9938/c1cc603bb07d8fe5-fa/s500x750/30fa279dabe12864540dabc3363e21d2706f52f3.png
    ♦Tumblr: https://cryptiam.tumblr.com/
  • pinneduphairpinneduphair Posts: 918 Member
    “More Star Wars” is what I put for the “What brands would you like to see The Sims collaborate with?” question in the community survey.

Especially if they put all of Princess Leia’s hairstyles in the game (as actual hairstyles, not wigs), that would be amazing.
    edited January 2020
    @Cryptiam that's pretty cool, honestly it will be nice if custom content ever gets made possible on console, that would solve a lot all on it's own.

@hyrulerose XD I did the same thing.. "is star wars a brand? Can it be a brand? I pick star wars."

Same with how they could add to the character creation so we can make the sims we want, I already love the character creation >.> I just need more medieval clothes and more star wars clothes and I'll be set.

I'd seriously just like a pack with star wars themed outfits and a lightsaber skill >.> or just a full on force user occult with their own branching skill tree for light side and dark side powers... actually that would be awesome beyond reason if they were willing to do it.

There are plenty of things they could do as far as powers go

Being able to Force persuade people to do things.

Force run as a travel option

Increased strength

Force healing >.> say someone dies horribly or suffers a near death and your force user has a window where they can save the person.

Or being able to regenerate your needs bars using the force.

Being able to ease negative moodlets for yourself and other sims.

Enhanced skill gains since force users tend to be really good at learning

Being able to use the force to throw other sims around and levitate objects.

Being able to basically grow your force pool the same way vampires do with theirs so you can use more abilities before needing to recharge

Then on the dark side specifically they could make it so you can force shock people, force choke people, full on dominate their minds and make them do things instead of it just being a mind trick, drain other sims to fill your needs bars using the force at the expense of those sims.

Things like that already exist in the game, some vampire abilities and meditation are very darkside force power-like, some spellcaster abilities are rather force power-like, the wellness skill flat out gives you the levitating meditation jedi do which is awesome looking >.> and why I have a darth maul vampire..

Honestly it wouldn't be much of a stretch to just add the actual force into the game at this point. The animations exist already---they are just spread out across several other paranormal happenings in game (ghosts levitate objects they possess, vampires in general, spellcasters, wellness skill benefits) they would just need some tweaks to be legitimate force abilities. >.> if I could make mods I know where I'd start..

And as far as lightsaber skills.. again, it's already in the game- you briefly get a lightsaber from *obviously not Yoda* during a space mission, they should just make it a legitimate skill that can be practiced, and mentored.

You start off clumsily using a lightsaber (with the potential for self-injury) and steadily get better as you skill up until you are proficient at it.

You would have the ability to practice with another sim who also has a lightsaber in the same way you can practice fighting or practice sparring and gain skill in it which would steadily add new animations to your lightsaber technique, spins and flips, lightsaber flourishes, more skillful looking guard positions and counters.

They could put the training droid in and your sim could practice with that like they do in the movies by blocking blaster shots.

You could also actually fight them, they could just replace the "beaten up" status from other fights with "lightsaber burns" basically and have a sim be dazed or uncomfortable until it heals.

As far as lot traits it's easy, just have a force nexus lot trait that makes skill gains in lightsaber skills and perk gains in force powers go more quickly "this areas strong connection to the force benefits those who are sensitive to it." basically

And for aspirations they could have one for wanting to master the dark side and another for wanting to master the light
  • coogee78coogee78 Posts: 177 Member
    More Star Wars stuff would be great, regardless of if it was Original Trilogy, Clone Wars (prequels and/or cartoon), Rebels, the mandalorian or the new movie characters. A stormtrooper costume is long overdue.
  • TopNotchToddlerTopNotchToddler Posts: 190 Member
    Vampris wrote: »
    [...]Also can't believe I was somewhat right about Baby Yoda being added in. Weird it's just a statue tho[...]
    Their hands were tied by the game's current limitations.
    mytxgDI.png

• puderosasimspuderosasims Posts: 522 Member
    I'd love to see some of Padmé's outfits, also Finn's and Poe's. :)
    Origin ID: puderosasims | Simblr
    English isn't my first language, so please excuse any mistakes.
    tumblr_n8pqhqmpdh1th4xn0o1_400.gif
  • I would love to see a Baby Yoda (AKA The Mandalorian's The Child) that is interactive!
  • CryptiamCryptiam Posts: 3 New Member
    I've finished the Mandalorian Helmet if anyone is interested. I might make more Star Wars stuff overtime, we'll see though~

Features:
    ♦25 Color Swatches
    ♦Male/Female + Teen-Elders
    ♦Mesh Included! No DLC Required!

Download Page on my Tumblr:
    https://cryptiam.tumblr.com/post/190400432942/mandalorian-helmet-dl
    edited January 2020
    >.> it would be nice if EA was paying attention to stuff or the Guru's were taking note because this sort of thing would add quite alot to the game in general

Honestly the current aliens need some company.. which star wars has in /abundance/ and I've been pleading for sword fighting skills forever so having lightsabers when the game already has mentioned that they exist would be nice

And in general with EA going on a star wars spree why not do something new and bring star wars to the sims?

I've already got a pretty star wars heavy neighborhood on my ps4.. a lot of mandalorian's and republic troopers but it's lacking real force users >.> with jedi robes.. and while the boba fett outfit is nice it could use company especially since there is female-specific mandalorian gear now and a call for different male armor..

As far as storm troopers.. I'm still questioning how that isn't already a thing outside of mods.

Plus they could add starship interiors and exteriors, windows, furnishings, computers, etc. for building with which >.> I already like building those sorts of ships so it would be nice to have more to work with

I know full well that were they to make this stuff available they'd have an audience.. it's /star wars/
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    Vampris wrote: »
    [...]Also can't believe I was somewhat right about Baby Yoda being added in. Weird it's just a statue tho[...]
    Their hands were tied by the game's current limitations.
    mytxgDI.png

AWWW <3 I love Baby Yoda, I am actually GLAD for once of something the team done <3. Yeah I wish it wasn't just a statue.

But I'd like this <3 I love Star Wars.
    https://youtu.be/jMuad2ay1EY

Just found out about this >.> maybe I need to play get famous.. why isn't this something you can do normally as an actual skill with different swords?
    Shamelessly bumping this because it's Star Wars day and I'm hooked on star wars all over again and still desperately wishing for stuff.
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    Just buy a star wars game at this point. They were all on sale on steam
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.

Haven't seen the sims star wars edition >.> or I'd buy that in a heartbeat. I already own those star wars games, they aren't the sims.
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    edited May 2020
    Amavari wrote: »

Haven't seen the sims star wars edition >.> or I'd buy that in a heartbeat. I already own those star wars games, they aren't the sims.

I guess but cant you get a lot of costume or builds with CC or the gallery? I get maybe you want to do your own storyline with the characters but still theres only so much you could do with in sims as far as the action. I get the franchise is huge but I've never even watched star wars...my brother is a huge fan but im meh

200_d.gif
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
    >.> that's kind of exactly why you ask for things like this, so they will potentially be added in to the game and so that you have more things to do to build a story and develop characters.

If they were to make cross console mods that would be quite the boon to most everything Sims 4 related but they haven't yet.. or I'd have a ton of characters from a ton of things in my game already.

I have the first character from the original post modded into my game already, along with several others.. but that's on my pc >.> which is a glorified toaster.

It's not a lot to ask for more things to do or the ability to make more characters, EA could easily do star wars related stuff, they already have just recently.

And adding things like force powers, more outfits like jedi robes for all ages and a female specific set of mandalorian armor to go with the boba fett outfit, more alien races, decorations, skills and so on, I can't particularly understand being opposed to it, especially when it's a huge franchise that most everyone knows about.
  • puderosasimspuderosasims Posts: 522 Member
    edited May 2020
    Thanks @Amavari, now I crave a Star Wars pack. :weary:
    Post edited by puderosasims on
    Origin ID: puderosasims | Simblr
    English isn't my first language, so please excuse any mistakes.
    tumblr_n8pqhqmpdh1th4xn0o1_400.gif