Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Probation and suspension

vessmevessme Posts: 492 Member
Is anyone else having a problem with their sims being put on probation or getting suspended when they’re doing all the work and getting good grades during the semester? It has been happening to me a lot lately. I don’t know if this is due to the patch or some other bug. It’s really frustrating.
tumblr_nc81zxn8g31qa6q9uo1_500.gif
Post edited by EA_Solaire on

Comments

• ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Never happened to me.

The one time my Sim got a low grade in a class even though I had them submit the paper/presentation and do the homework was because they didn’t have a high enough level in that class’s particular skill.
  • vessmevessme Posts: 492 Member
    Thank you Chazzy. Maybe I have to look into my skill levels for the classes I'm taking.
  • Chika6t9Chika6t9 Posts: 94 Member
    omg yesssss! i was just about to make a thread about it lol. I am extremely frustrated right now over it. I had my sim quit her job for second term after she failed 2/4 classes first term and was put on academic probation only to be suspended second term. and i made sure she did the homework after every class and her presentation board and term papers were all outstanding.
    I hope this is a bug and that it will be fixed.
  • Georgiarina12Georgiarina12 Posts: 3 New Member
    I have not had a sims graduate from uni cause of that problem and mine stay on the same degree for their whole life and it's annoying me! what should i do?
  • collegemommaof3collegemommaof3 Posts: 131 Member
    Mine never gets to take the final exam?? I complete everything else
  • JAYSIMMS2004JAYSIMMS2004 Posts: 31 Member
    It's probably your skill level for that particular class. I think anything 6 and over will allow them to pass. Anything under they will fail. Do classwork early and try to do the presentation and term paper before the semester is over.
  • Chika6t9Chika6t9 Posts: 94 Member
    would have been really great if they had addressed this issue in the latest patch :(
    It's probably your skill level for that particular class. I think anything 6 and over will allow them to pass. Anything under they will fail. Do classwork early and try to do the presentation and term paper before the semester is over.

Thanks for the tip about the skill level. I’ll try again. My sim is suspended once again. I gotta do something better next time.
  • PurplebutterflyPurplebutterfly Posts: 158 Member
    vessme wrote: »

Thanks for the tip about the skill level. I’ll try again. My sim is suspended once again. I gotta do something better next time.

I just finished one term with horrible grades and the other with A+ the only difference between both was studying and paying attention or taking notes in class. So now besides homework, I also have my sim study at least 2 hours on each class, by either getting up early before class or the night before. Hope that helps! BTW, you can use your laptop to study in the uni menu.
  • love7680love7680 Posts: 123 Member
    It happened to me. But I think my issue was that I play between households. And in doing so the household that I wasn't playing, that sim (Mom) would be put on probation then suspended. Even though I would go to that sim(mom) to make sure her homework/studies were completed. I would then go to the sim (the daughter) living by campus to have her experience tge campus life. I'm guessing since I wasn't playing my other sim (Mom) when she needed to go to school is why she was put on probation and then suspended! Totally Sucks!!!
  • SimsLyfe516SimsLyfe516 Posts: 4 New Member
    @love7680 same thing happened to my sims father I sent him back to university so he could make more money in the engineering field I switched households and came back and he was put on probation then suspended I had him drop out and start all over
  • PurplebutterflyPurplebutterfly Posts: 158 Member
    @love7680 same thing happened to my sims father I sent him back to university so he could make more money in the engineering field I switched households and came back and he was put on probation then suspended I had him drop out and start all over

I read on one of the Uni guides that rotational play is NOT an option for this, which is a bummer because I like playing rotationally as well, so I will have to finish one degree with one household before I can switch it up.
  • gothprincess4evergothprincess4ever Posts: 2,130 Member
    I haven't experienced it myself, but I read on another thread that it most certainly is an annoying consequence of rotational playstyle.
  • 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,554 Member
    edited January 2020
    @Purplebutterfly:
    Even guides aren't always right.
    Rotational play is totally possible with DU.
    You just have to take care to switch households on Friday before 18.00 p. m. (I personally switch households at 17.59 p. m.), that way you will be able to actively play a whole semester (provided you enroll directly after you switched households). You can also stay until Saturday when your Sim graduates to attend the ceremony and switch households directly afterwards, provided that you don't switch to a household you'd wish to enroll for the first time afterwards (time will be too short for that).
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
    love7680 wrote: »
    It happened to me. But I think my issue was that I play between households. And in doing so the household that I wasn't playing, that sim (Mom) would be put on probation then suspended. Even though I would go to that sim(mom) to make sure her homework/studies were completed. I would then go to the sim (the daughter) living by campus to have her experience tge campus life. I'm guessing since I wasn't playing my other sim (Mom) when she needed to go to school is why she was put on probation and then suspended! Totally plum!!!

This seems to be what happens to me when I play between households. It just happened again. My Sim ended the semester with all A's. I played another household and came back to her at the dorm and she was on academic probation. I'll have to be more careful with that.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top