Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Any one take requests?

So I am aware this isn't strictly the right place to post but looking at the building section not many recent posts so I am being cheeky. I was hoping someone might be able to help me out. I have the business as usual oven and want a nice restaurant for my town. I like the look of the business as usual bistro but I didn't buy the set just the oven. Could anyone edit me a version of the bistro just using items from the eps I have? I know there are some amazing items on the exchange but most use packs I don't have or just don't work with the look of the town.

What I have:
World Adventures
Late Night
Ambitions
Generations
Seasons
Pets
University
Island Paradise
Town life

Comments

• KevinL5275KevinL5275 Posts: 2,489 Member
    I'm a 48 year old married man, with a beautiful wife, a cat, and a simverted personality.My Sims 3 Pictures
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    edited January 2020
    DNA request team makes fantastic builds.
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/970797/d-n-a-request-team-s3-designing-nature-architecture-just-for-you#latest

Edit: Someone already beat me to it.

Edit: Unfortunately, you will need the set to have access to the lot I believe.
    It would probably be better to request a whole new build.
  • bobv2bobv2 Posts: 95 Member
    Thanks, I have made a request to them, I was just hoping since its just a small ask someone might be willing to upload their lot for me to download from the exchange.
    bobv2 wrote: »
    Thanks, I have made a request to them, I was just hoping since its just a small ask someone might be willing to upload their lot for me to download from the exchange.

It may not let you download the lot if you don't own the set.Just a heads up on that.
    edited January 2020
    It wont let me download the set items I don't own, I will just replace them but the building itself isn't premium content so should be fine. I asked the DNA team for a reskinned version but I was cheeky and hoping just a regular gamer might upload their lot for me even as is. I already own the oven I just can't afford to get the whole set and since it isn't part of the complete your set scheme I would have to pay for the oven again.
    It wont let me download the set items I don't own, I will just replace them but the building itself isn't premium content so should be fine. I asked the DNA team for a reskinned version but I was cheeky and hoping just a regular gamer might upload their lot for me even as is. I already own the oven I just can't afford to get the whole set and since it isn't part of the complete your set scheme I would have to pay for the oven again.

I'm not sure how it works.But I think the lot was made specifically for the set.And isn't available unless you own the venue.Its not a lot
    that comes with the game.

@igazor might know more though than I do.
    edited January 2020
    You're probably right, it's been a while since I played so I might have my info mixed up. I thought it would act the way a usual item on the exchange would since the building itself doesn't use set item, is just decorated with them. I saw some people had uploaded reskinned versions of other venues that came out with sets so I assumed. But I am probably missing some important detail. But knowing my luck its probably locked so you can upload or download it on the exchange.
    @GraceyManor it does work downloading it from the exchange. Same as with any other exchange item, content you don't own that was used will be replaced with similar items. But other than that it's fine so far.
    J’d Have to give it a try with a lot I don’t own and see.
    @GraceyManor well I just downloaded it, placed it and played and its working fine.
  • KatyFernlilyKatyFernlily Posts: 738 Member
    edited January 2020
    You can take any modern looking house (one similar to the bistro) and make it a commercial lot.

Example:
    https://www.thesimsresource.com/artists/chemy/downloads/browse/category/sims3/skipsetitems/1/
    Post edited by KatyFernlily on
  • nickibitswardnickibitsward Posts: 3,115 Member
    edited January 2020
    So I am aware this isn't strictly the right place to post but looking at the building section not many recent posts so I am being cheeky. I was hoping someone might be able to help me out. I have the business as usual oven and want a nice restaurant for my town. I like the look of the business as usual bistro but I didn't buy the set just the oven. Could anyone edit me a version of the bistro just using items from the eps I have? I know there are some amazing items on the exchange but most use packs I don't have or just don't work with the look of the town.

What I have:
    World Adventures
    Late Night
    Ambitions
    Generations
    Seasons
    Pets
    University
    Island Paradise
    Town life

I did the same, didn't buy the bistro just the oven but I did make my own bistro that looks pretty close to it. You could do that with what you have.

Thanks guys but I got what I was looking for. I thought about make my own or modifying a house but I am not very good at design. Luckily I found a version of the bistro uploaded on the exchange already, I just didn't search the right words apparently.