Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Post your favorite in game pictures!

MKSizzleMKSizzle Posts: 557 Member
Alright sim photographers, from beginners to advanced, let's see what you got! I want to see what your favorite pictures in the game that you've taken. Here is one of mine to get it started. Let me tell you, it was so difficult to choose just one, so this is really only the beginning.

Ssi8fq9.jpg
The Palmer Legacy -- Generation 1

It all started with Zack & Blair....

Comments

• MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    Going through my pics would be a daunting task! I have 40,000 images on Flickr and that only represents my last year and a half of playing! Here's one that, although not my favourite, does bring back happy memories from a save I enjoyed very much :) It is from one of my earlier saves after returning to the forum after a two year break from the game :)
    49402475167_b4e5152df8_o.jpg
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,404 Member
    edited January 2020
    500px_landscape_finalscore.jpg
    This pretty much is my favourite shot because it confirms what we Sims 3 players have been saying all along. Nothing compares with Sims 3 graphics. Nothing Period.

Why? Because 500px is a site for photographers. If actual photographers are giving top marks to a screenshot image it’s practically near-photo quality.

500px_portfolio.jpg
    But then again I have a history with them.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    There are 7,322 Files in my screenshot folder and a few others elsewhere so this will be interesting finding anything that is the 'best'

But for now this is from December 2018:

48378988_10156014716686497_8524950100428980224_o.jpg?_nc_cat=105&_nc_ohc=MU-vrVJYsMIAX9EfdUC&_nc_ht=scontent.flhr4-1.fna&oh=4809d2d7f529281001784f1012686b08&oe=5E8DE039
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • cwaddellcwaddell Posts: 4,960 Member
    edited January 2020

Not necessarily my favorite but going through the pictures I already have uploaded this "grabbed" my attention.

ZiGJCAV.jpg
    Another favourite of mine is of Beau, a vampire, braving the bright sunlight in Sunlit Tides, to catch a butterfly :D
    35437705342_dd2bce5a63_o.jpg
  • stargurustarguru Posts: 2,115 Member
    I have tons of favorite screenshots, lol. It wouldn't be possible for me to pick a single fave. But going through some older shots, I found this one from at least five years ago of a meteor strike at night in Twinbrook:

7_zpsnkgxoklb.jpg
  • KynanKynan Posts: 468 Member
    This is one of my favs. Every sim here represents a person that was involved in the World Explorer's group on the old Sims 3 forum. It was a lot of fun seeing what our Sims would get up to in other people's games.

SOCL.png
  • ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,355 Member
    @Kynan What a fun idea!
  • ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,355 Member
    Pippi had a little accident on the catwalk:
    8WwwP1k.jpg
  • cocococo Posts: 2,722 Member
    I always really liked Autumn themed picture I made for the MTS 2018 Advent Calendar. Another entry of mine ended up getting in but I always liked this one more. Just two sisters painting their nails on a lazy Sunday :smile:
    TS3-W-2018-12-26-22-53-36-01-6.png

Great pictures everyone!

@coco your wonderful autumn calendar picture reminded me of a 2017 calendar I made. Went digging through my folders of screenshots to find my favorite -

February
    kOplE9J.jpg

This is the picture I thought of when I first read the topic of this thread. I thought I had lost it but in digging around on my D drive I found where I had saved many of my pictures from my Imac. It is from 2014 before I had any lighting mods or starfield CC, etc. One of the reasons I like it is because it was the first time I thought to place the camera behind the couple who were gazing at the stars.

m0G3w6v.jpg
  • KeiomestreKeiomestre Posts: 195 Member
    It would be easier to choose a favorite by category, like a favorite scenery screenshot, a favorite with a crazy situation, a favorite funny one... But I don't have that many screenshots, ~500, so I believe this is my favorite:

The family enjoying a day at the beach in Moonlight Falls.

q3MyJhf.jpg

I never remember to hide the plumbobs and other markers before taking screenshots. :s
    ..... ..... ..... ..... My favorite Sims 3 family: THE ENFADONHOS!..... ..... ..... .....
    Vgfhu74.jpg
  • MKSizzleMKSizzle Posts: 557 Member
    @cwaddell Ha! I never even thought of taking the stargazing picture from the back!! Genius.

Beautiful pictures so far! :)

Let's see, now I want to post another one...

JFwtisr.jpg

I suspect that long-time simmers would have a hard time choosing favourite pics if they are anything like me and take thousands :p Perhaps you should narrow down the scope of this thread by making it "Favourite in-game pic of the day/week/month"?
    This has to be one of my favourite screenshots of River and Haruo
    Screenshot-65.jpg
    With the exception of the one in my avatar.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Ha @Mikezumi I obviously don't expect you to just post one. .... I couldn't do it either! I've already posted another one.

• ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    This is one of my favourite scenery shots. It isn't anything special but I loved the twilight colours.

I have lots of other favourites, but I stuck three others under a spoiler. Two shots of my sims I particularly love, and one of Al Simhara that I really liked as well.

tumblr_or2fzqaTFV1uj2se4o3_1280.jpg
    tumblr_orf9ozdp6S1uj2se4o2_1280.jpg

tumblr_pq5yn45ZT91uj2se4o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_p1wlfwklTJ1uj2se4o4_1280.jpg
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • thuggishsplicerthuggishsplicer Posts: 1,745 Member
    This one was taken in 2015 and it's one of the few screenshots that I managed to save after changing my computer.

49411774008_4f39ac4178_h.jpgScreenshot-159_zpsd5y68hig by Marcos Da Silva, no Flickr

When Ethan became Ethan and adopted a dog in a parallel universe where he was a magician and lived in Appaloosa Plains. I had this picture printed and I love how happy he is with his puppy.
  • cocococo Posts: 2,722 Member
    My sims destination wedding in Monte Vista many years ago. I just like the warm sunlight. It's too bad that my graphics were so bad back then.
    Screenshot-140-6.png
    Screenshot-139-5.png
    Screenshot-183-6.png
    Screenshot-152-5.png

Great thread MK :smile:
    @Mikezumi omg I LOVE that picture of the ghosts dancing!!

@coco You say the graphics were bad... Still amazing pictures. Gorgeous.

@MKSizzle, I know, right? @coco’s pics are gorgeous. Love the golden light on the images. Perfect for wedding portraits.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,079 Member
    Untitled.png
    I really liked this one from my medieval save.
    @GraceyManor that's gorgeous