May 22 - Let's walk around the forums together, this week's Friday Highlight is here!
May 21, 11AM PT - Save the time for Eco Lifestyle livestream! Details here.
May 21 - Take a look at SimGuruConor's latest deep dive into Nifty Knitting: learn more about Plopsy!

Talking Teenagers

«13
Hey Simmers,

Wow, it's been literally 3 years since I was on the forums, no lie. I've just been getting back into The Sims 4 over the past few days, and I have a serious question for you all...

Does it bother anyone else that we still don't have real teenagers?

When the game shipped without toddlers, the community rightfully raised all hell. We got toddlers, eventually, and I would call them the BEST toddlers of any Sims game thus far - and I say that as an avid Sims 2 player. The Sims 2 is still my preferred game, but when I play it, I miss the TS4 toddlers.

So I'm going to put myself out there and say that the game didn't just ship without toddlers. It also shipped without real teenagers.

And it really, really bothers me any time I play the game. Does anyone else have this issue? They aren't teenagers! I feel like I'm literally playing the same lifestage three times in a row - teen, young adult, adult.

So I'm wondering, is this something that is on anyone else's radar? Is it on the Sim Guru radar? Can we get it on the Sim Guru radar?

I'd personally like to see a COMPLETE revamp of the lifestage, with shorter teens, new animations and interactions, and new gameplay opportunities. I'd like to see my teenagers searching for their important "firsts" and developing that attraction system that we need, having their first pimples, developing stronger interests and tastes, acting out and wanting to find out who they are, trying "juice" for the first time... I'd like them to have different clothes and styles, to be able to argue and fight with their parents...

What are your ideas?

Comments

  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,929 Member
    Many players have exactly the same issue with teens as you do (like me, nothing to add), others will say nowadays teens are often taller than their parents or show pictures where adults played teens (Grease) and nobody noticed right? For me this are no arguments, because while a teen may be taller than their parents, they aren’t taller than themselves when they become adult. Plus the teens played by adult actors represent at least the 17/18 yr olds, I think the game needs 13/14 yr olds. And last but not least: it’s a game where life stages matter, so there must be diversity, it must be clear. Each life stage should be recognizable (using some stereotypes; yeah I know not every elder walks with a stick and bends over, but some do and I need an elder to look like one too).

    I play a guy in Sims 3 who was conceived after his dad had made the genie wish where they ask for a long life. Turns out that means each life stage of kids born after that (like my sim) lasts twice as long, also in childhood. I really felt the guys frustration when he was still a teen, somewhere around his 30s and still being treated as a kid by everyone. I wouldn’t have felt that if I’d played him in Sims 4.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 1,442 Member
    edited January 15
    I tried to do different things with the teenagers to make them feel different, but I know what you mean, they need more life and a discovery of life. I've built arenas, arcades, cafes, all in an effort to have more things for my teens to do and try to re-create that and it really didn't work. It needs the proper interactions/reactions to go with them. Sure the stuff I built was fun, but YA-Elders can have fun there too, even children in a lot of cases although I did these buildings with teens in mind. It didn't fix the problem though. The teens need some stuff for just them to make them feel different from other stages and they should look different too. It bugs me too sometimes if my sim is at a park and chatting it up and I think they're making a friend and I see it's a teen then just feel kinda creepy... Part of why some of this is missing I feel like is because it's missing for adults. No sims have likes or dislikes or favourites or anything. The teen problem is part of a much larger core game problem.

    All the life stages need work though to be honest. (Except for Toddlers, YA and Adult). Elders and children are neglected and I would like more interactions for them. I remember my TS3 elders whipping out wallet photos to show off their family to other sims, that was so sweet! I'd like my elders to feel more distinguished, I feel like they've lived long enough to deserve it. Children should be able to interact with each other more and act like children. Pillow fights, playing pretend, tag. All my sim children want to do anymore is be alone with a tablet. If I take electronics out of the house, they talk more to each other, but that's it. It's not their fault though (the sim kids), the interactions simply aren't there.
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,059 Member
    edited January 15
    It does not bother me, but maybe that is because of how I play. I can make unruly teens or well behaved teens. There are certain outfits I will only use on teens. The game engine currently does not allow for many ideas I read here.
    Post edited by NorthDakotaGamer on
  • awellenblawellenbl Posts: 2,968 Member
    I would love teen-only aspirations.
  • RhiannonravenRhiannonraven Posts: 107 Member
    I would love this!
  • bethyGracebethyGrace Posts: 707 Member
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    Many players have exactly the same issue with teens as you do (like me, nothing to add), others will say nowadays teens are often taller than their parents or show pictures where adults played teens (Grease) and nobody noticed right? For me this are no arguments, because while a teen may be taller than their parents, they aren’t taller than themselves when they become adult. Plus the teens played by adult actors represent at least the 17/18 yr olds, I think the game needs 13/14 yr olds. And last but not least: it’s a game where life stages matter, so there must be diversity, it must be clear. Each life stage should be recognizable (using some stereotypes; yeah I know not every elder walks with a stick and bends over, but some do and I need an elder to look like one too).

    Hey, thanks for your response. Yeah I know that some teens are taller than their parents, but this game isn't about 100% reality for me. It's a game so it's a version of reality, it's a simulation, and things are often "represented" and characatured in a Sims format, which is why that visual distinction becomes important. So I agree about using some stereotypes to get the ideas across for the different lifestages.
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,929 Member
    edited January 16
    Yes, same here. And teens being taller than their parents nowadays comes down to better food and less child diseases. Not biology.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • bethyGracebethyGrace Posts: 707 Member
    Camkat wrote: »
    I tried to do different things with the teenagers to make them feel different, but I know what you mean, they need more life and a discovery of life. I've built arenas, arcades, cafes, all in an effort to have more things for my teens to do and try to re-create that and it really didn't work. It needs the proper interactions/reactions to go with them. Sure the stuff I built was fun, but YA-Elders can have fun there too, even children in a lot of cases although I did these buildings with teens in mind. It didn't fix the problem though. The teens need some stuff for just them to make them feel different from other stages and they should look different too. It bugs me too sometimes if my sim is at a park and chatting it up and I think they're making a friend and I see it's a teen then just feel kinda creepy... Part of why some of this is missing I feel like is because it's missing for adults. No sims have likes or dislikes or favourites or anything. The teen problem is part of a much larger core game problem.

    All the life stages need work though to be honest. (Except for Toddlers, YA and Adult). Elders and children are neglected and I would like more interactions for them. I remember my TS3 elders whipping out wallet photos to show off their family to other sims, that was so sweet! I'd like my elders to feel more distinguished, I feel like they've lived long enough to deserve it. Children should be able to interact with each other more and act like children. Pillow fights, playing pretend, tag. All my sim children want to do anymore is be alone with a tablet. If I take electronics out of the house, they talk more to each other, but that's it. It's not their fault though (the sim kids), the interactions simply aren't there.

    Yeeessss I love your post. I always really miss the "play" menu from The Sims 2 that the kids had! It was so cute. And in TS3 they had some fun games and could play tag and really act like kids.

    I'd love to see a return of the "Grow Up" aspiration (I used to have a mod for one, I'll have to see if it's been updated!) Which made kids just want to have fun and get pets and grow up happy.

    Freeing the babies is also fairly high on my list, but I'd prefer to see a teenage revamp and kids improved first.

    Hopefully likes and dislikes make a grand entrance to the game very soon! I voted very strongly for them on the community survey, that's for sure.
  • drakharisdrakharis Posts: 973 Member
    All the life stages are off and missing a lot. Its as if the developers are afraid to offend us. I can't speak for the rest of you. I don't offend easily at all. I'd like to have self-exploration for our teens. Have them learn to drive. Being able to talk to friends to ask to text their crush. Lose your nerve calling or texting your crush. Caught kissing by a younger sibling. Secret relationships. Rooftop meeting in school. Depending on it being a rival or a romantic interest can have different interactions. School sports, cheerleading, school dances, prom, graduation, etc. I want drama with my teens.
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • auroraael14auroraael14 Posts: 689 Member
    edited January 19
    These are all really great ideas! I also have a hard time making teens because I find them boring. I want them to be able to sneak out (like the sims 2), cause mischief by throwing eggs, ding don g ditch, toilet papering houses (sims 3). I want them to experience all their firsts including their first heartbreak (because let's face it life isn't always sunshine and rainbows). They should have house parties and slumber parties, school dances, crushes, and be able to gossip with our teens about who likes who. Have hobbies or sports to entertain them like skateboarding, rollerblading, soccer, baseball, working on cars, knitting, pottery, ballet, and so on. (Adults and kids should be able to participate in hobbies too)
    As for Elders, it would nice if they could watch grandkids, teach grandkids different hobbies that they learned, show off pictures of family, set up inheritance, an option where an adult child asks them to move in to take care of them, walking cane, be able to tell stories about "back in their day".
    I also agree that kids need more kid to kid interactions and kid and parent interactions. They need tag, cops and robbers, mary mac, jumping on beds, playing catch with a parent, being swung around by parent, dancing on toes, and showing off.
    Check out my gallery for house builds! Username: aejp24
  • SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,685 Member
    We need an ability to keep the parents out of the house until late at night--or even a whole week--so that we can have our Teens have a wild teen party. Plus, the host Teen's sibling should have the ability to call the parents and tell on them, lie for their sibling to help cover it up, or blackmail their sibling to keep their party a secret. That would really liven things up for both Teens AND Children!
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 2,503 Member
    I’m not bothered. First if real teens means a height difference then that means a clothing category of their own, which means every time a pack ships the community will be up in arms because now teens along with toddlers and kids have very few outfits or hairs and the _________ pack has nothing for them.

    But, teens maybe could be improved a bit. Like instead of us having to manually apply the acne that came in Parenthood it could appear randomly on teens like the spots and tiger stripes do when a sim gets ill. Maybe the mood swings could become a bit more pronounced as well as the reactions to them by other sims. Overall though I do think the Parenthood pack added some good things to make teens seem more teen like, and I feel like I can further that with outfits and styling in CAS, so I personally am not really eager to have the dev team spend a bunch of time and money on it, because I think in the end it will cause more problems than it solves.
    CJwlrUa.jpg

    Is it possible, or even advisable to fall madly in love...with a chair?
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,929 Member
    I’m sure there are players who’ll favour CAS over gameplay. But if they’ll just make sure there’s enough clothes for each life stage, seriously.... we’re not playing the game to dress them are we? Besides, modders can do that, dress sims.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • FearlessUntamedFearlessUntamed Posts: 22 Member
    I'd love that.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 1,144 Member
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    I’m sure there are players who’ll favour CAS over gameplay. But if they’ll just make sure there’s enough clothes for each life stage, seriously.... we’re not playing the game to dress them are we? Besides, modders can do that, dress sims.

    Uhhhhhh.....👀👀👀👀👀
    *nervous laugh* of course not😅😅😅😅
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 2,503 Member
    edited January 19
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    I’m sure there are players who’ll favour CAS over gameplay. But if they’ll just make sure there’s enough clothes for each life stage, seriously.... we’re not playing the game to dress them are we? Besides, modders can do that, dress sims.

    Uhhhhhh.....👀👀👀👀👀
    *nervous laugh* of course not😅😅😅😅




    1. So...my point was, that Parenthood offered some game mechanics that make teens separate from others age groups and that at least in my game I find I have enough assets to further distinguish them by how I style them.

    2. That if teens were a separate height category that they would suffer from the same CAS droughts that plague children and toddlers.

    And yes, some people probably do play Sims just to dress and style sims and there’s nothing wrong with that, just like there’s nothing wrong with playing just to build, blog, make machinimas, let’s plays, cc haul videos and so on. My focus is telling the stories in my head, playing dress up with my pixels, and interior decorating and remodeling builds. Others have a different agenda altogether and that’s equally valid.
    CJwlrUa.jpg

    Is it possible, or even advisable to fall madly in love...with a chair?
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,929 Member
    edited January 19
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    I’m sure there are players who’ll favour CAS over gameplay. But if they’ll just make sure there’s enough clothes for each life stage, seriously.... we’re not playing the game to dress them are we? Besides, modders can do that, dress sims.

    Uhhhhhh.....👀👀👀👀👀
    *nervous laugh* of course not😅😅😅😅
    Oh hahaha (sorry :mrgreen: ), well, that is perfectly ok of course. But it's.... not..... JUST a dressing game. I'd just really regret it if outfits seriously would hinder more fleshed out life stages.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,929 Member
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    I’m sure there are players who’ll favour CAS over gameplay. But if they’ll just make sure there’s enough clothes for each life stage, seriously.... we’re not playing the game to dress them are we? Besides, modders can do that, dress sims.

    Uhhhhhh.....👀👀👀👀👀
    *nervous laugh* of course not😅😅😅😅




    1. So...my point was, that Parenthood offered some game mechanics that make teens separate from others age groups and that at least in my game I find I have enough assets to further distinguish them by how I style them.

    2. That if teens were a separate height category that they would suffer from the same CAS droughts that plague children and toddlers.

    And yes, some people probably do play Sims just to dress and style sims and there’s nothing wrong with that, just like there’s nothing wrong with playing just to build, blog, make machinimas, let’s plays, cc haul videos and so on. My focus is telling the stories in my head, playing dress up with my pixels, and interior decorating and remodeling builds. Others have a different agenda altogether and that’s equally valid.
    True, but if one specific playing style dictates that other people's playing style (the simulating their lives part) would be sacrificed/limited, that would be a shame. After all, the internet is filled with custom outfits anyway.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 2,503 Member
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    I’m sure there are players who’ll favour CAS over gameplay. But if they’ll just make sure there’s enough clothes for each life stage, seriously.... we’re not playing the game to dress them are we? Besides, modders can do that, dress sims.

    Uhhhhhh.....👀👀👀👀👀
    *nervous laugh* of course not😅😅😅😅




    1. So...my point was, that Parenthood offered some game mechanics that make teens separate from others age groups and that at least in my game I find I have enough assets to further distinguish them by how I style them.

    2. That if teens were a separate height category that they would suffer from the same CAS droughts that plague children and toddlers.

    And yes, some people probably do play Sims just to dress and style sims and there’s nothing wrong with that, just like there’s nothing wrong with playing just to build, blog, make machinimas, let’s plays, cc haul videos and so on. My focus is telling the stories in my head, playing dress up with my pixels, and interior decorating and remodeling builds. Others have a different agenda altogether and that’s equally valid.
    True, but if one specific playing style dictates that other people's playing style (the simulating their lives part) would be sacrificed/limited, that would be a shame. After all, the internet is filled with custom outfits anyway.

    I don’t think the premise of that statement even makes sense. They have added gameplay mechanics in the Parenthood pack that are specific to teens, could they be improved? Likely so, I even suggested one, or two. The only thing I really don’t want to see is a height difference because of what I said in no. 2. They would require a wholly separate clothing category that would end up as bare bones and limited as the ones or toddlers and kids.
    CJwlrUa.jpg

    Is it possible, or even advisable to fall madly in love...with a chair?
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,929 Member
    edited January 20
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    I’m sure there are players who’ll favour CAS over gameplay. But if they’ll just make sure there’s enough clothes for each life stage, seriously.... we’re not playing the game to dress them are we? Besides, modders can do that, dress sims.

    Uhhhhhh.....👀👀👀👀👀
    *nervous laugh* of course not😅😅😅😅




    1. So...my point was, that Parenthood offered some game mechanics that make teens separate from others age groups and that at least in my game I find I have enough assets to further distinguish them by how I style them.

    2. That if teens were a separate height category that they would suffer from the same CAS droughts that plague children and toddlers.

    And yes, some people probably do play Sims just to dress and style sims and there’s nothing wrong with that, just like there’s nothing wrong with playing just to build, blog, make machinimas, let’s plays, cc haul videos and so on. My focus is telling the stories in my head, playing dress up with my pixels, and interior decorating and remodeling builds. Others have a different agenda altogether and that’s equally valid.
    True, but if one specific playing style dictates that other people's playing style (the simulating their lives part) would be sacrificed/limited, that would be a shame. After all, the internet is filled with custom outfits anyway.

    I don’t think the premise of that statement even makes sense. They have added gameplay mechanics in the Parenthood pack that are specific to teens, could they be improved? Likely so, I even suggested one, or two. The only thing I really don’t want to see is a height difference because of what I said in no. 2. They would require a wholly separate clothing category that would end up as bare bones and limited as the ones or toddlers and kids.
    They have, but the looks of the teens are a considerable problem for many people. To have an adult behaving like a teen just doesn’t cut it for everyone. I really do want to see height difference myself, it’s a game and I need to see in one glance I’m dealing with a teen while playing. Let them add a substantial outfit department for them and if that’s still not sufficient you can download tons of custom made clothes.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 1,144 Member
    As much as I love dressing them up I love other things too, especially story telling. I mostly play teens so i would looooooooove if they implemented a lot of ideas you guys have here to make them more individualized. The only thing I'm not 100% sure of is making teens shorter because it would severely limit what they can wear. And I have a hard time now finding nice custom clothes for kids and toddlers. But my teen atleast have tons of options. Other then that great ideas!!
    Sneaking out? Partying before parents come home? Rooftop meetings? And everything else! Count me in!!! 🤗
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 2,503 Member
    edited January 20
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    I’m sure there are players who’ll favour CAS over gameplay. But if they’ll just make sure there’s enough clothes for each life stage, seriously.... we’re not playing the game to dress them are we? Besides, modders can do that, dress sims.

    Uhhhhhh.....👀👀👀👀👀
    *nervous laugh* of course not😅😅😅😅




    1. So...my point was, that Parenthood offered some game mechanics that make teens separate from others age groups and that at least in my game I find I have enough assets to further distinguish them by how I style them.

    2. That if teens were a separate height category that they would suffer from the same CAS droughts that plague children and toddlers.

    And yes, some people probably do play Sims just to dress and style sims and there’s nothing wrong with that, just like there’s nothing wrong with playing just to build, blog, make machinimas, let’s plays, cc haul videos and so on. My focus is telling the stories in my head, playing dress up with my pixels, and interior decorating and remodeling builds. Others have a different agenda altogether and that’s equally valid.
    True, but if one specific playing style dictates that other people's playing style (the simulating their lives part) would be sacrificed/limited, that would be a shame. After all, the internet is filled with custom outfits anyway.

    I don’t think the premise of that statement even makes sense. They have added gameplay mechanics in the Parenthood pack that are specific to teens, could they be improved? Likely so, I even suggested one, or two. The only thing I really don’t want to see is a height difference because of what I said in no. 2. They would require a wholly separate clothing category that would end up as bare bones and limited as the ones or toddlers and kids.
    They have, but the looks of the teens are a considerable problem for many people. To have an adult behaving like a teen just doesn’t cut it for everyone. I really do want to see height difference myself, it’s a game and I need to see in one glance I’m dealing with a teen while playing. Let them add a substantial outfit department for them and if that’s still not sufficient you can download tons of custom made clothes.

    The fact is they won’t add a substantial outfit department for them just like they didn’t add one for toddlers and they never had one for kids, and new packs come and every time kids and toddlers come up short, this pack kids & toddlers got 2 new hairs, that’s it. The last 2 or three packs the got nothing and if you have shorter teens they will suffer the same fate, and the fact is cc creators actually don’t make a ton of kids and toddler clothing as it is now. The vast majority of cc is for female sims T-E (because they’re all the same height), then build buy, then males T-E (again all the same height) then kids, and lastly toddlers. I suppose the smaller meshes are difficult and time consuming to make and then texture so less content gets made for the smaller sims. I don’t know for sure because I don’t know how to make cc. I have heard that suggested by some YouTubers though.
    CJwlrUa.jpg

    Is it possible, or even advisable to fall madly in love...with a chair?
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 1,442 Member
    The thing is, if they did flesh out teenagers more, they could stand to make more money. You bet they would make some sort of teenager stuff pack if they changed their height and had to make them new clothes. You'd think being EA, they'd be all over the more money aspect of this. Sure it would take some money to develop but the stuff pack they would sell after could likely pay for it.
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,929 Member
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    I’m sure there are players who’ll favour CAS over gameplay. But if they’ll just make sure there’s enough clothes for each life stage, seriously.... we’re not playing the game to dress them are we? Besides, modders can do that, dress sims.

    Uhhhhhh.....👀👀👀👀👀
    *nervous laugh* of course not😅😅😅😅




    1. So...my point was, that Parenthood offered some game mechanics that make teens separate from others age groups and that at least in my game I find I have enough assets to further distinguish them by how I style them.

    2. That if teens were a separate height category that they would suffer from the same CAS droughts that plague children and toddlers.

    And yes, some people probably do play Sims just to dress and style sims and there’s nothing wrong with that, just like there’s nothing wrong with playing just to build, blog, make machinimas, let’s plays, cc haul videos and so on. My focus is telling the stories in my head, playing dress up with my pixels, and interior decorating and remodeling builds. Others have a different agenda altogether and that’s equally valid.
    True, but if one specific playing style dictates that other people's playing style (the simulating their lives part) would be sacrificed/limited, that would be a shame. After all, the internet is filled with custom outfits anyway.

    I don’t think the premise of that statement even makes sense. They have added gameplay mechanics in the Parenthood pack that are specific to teens, could they be improved? Likely so, I even suggested one, or two. The only thing I really don’t want to see is a height difference because of what I said in no. 2. They would require a wholly separate clothing category that would end up as bare bones and limited as the ones or toddlers and kids.
    They have, but the looks of the teens are a considerable problem for many people. To have an adult behaving like a teen just doesn’t cut it for everyone. I really do want to see height difference myself, it’s a game and I need to see in one glance I’m dealing with a teen while playing. Let them add a substantial outfit department for them and if that’s still not sufficient you can download tons of custom made clothes.

    The fact is they won’t add a substantial outfit department for them just like they didn’t add one for toddlers and they never had one for kids, and new packs come and every time kids and toddlers come up short, this pack kids & toddlers got 2 new hairs, that’s it. The last 2 or three packs the got nothing and if you have shorter teens they will suffer the same fate, and the fact is cc creators actually don’t make a ton of kids and toddler clothing as it is now. The vast majority of cc is for female sims T-E (because they’re all the same height), then build buy, then males T-E (again all the same height) then kids, and lastly toddlers. I suppose the smaller meshes are difficult and time consuming to make and then texture so less content gets made for the smaller sims. I don’t know for sure because I don’t know how to make cc. I have heard that suggested by some YouTubers though.
    I agree it’s a problem they neglect other life stages than adult and young adult (female...), same in Sims 3 by the way. But for me the fact teens have the same height ánd the same outfits as adults actually contributes to the problem. Because that makes them even more similar and harder to distinguish from adults. So while I agree EA has this annoying tendency to just dress female YA/A’s (as do custom creators apparently, must confess that’s unexplored terrain for me), I consider that a problem on its own and not a reason to prefer teens the same height as adults.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • bethyGracebethyGrace Posts: 707 Member
    edited January 20
    I’m not bothered. First if real teens means a height difference then that means a clothing category of their own, which means every time a pack ships the community will be up in arms because now teens along with toddlers and kids have very few outfits or hairs and the _________ pack has nothing for them.

    But, teens maybe could be improved a bit. Like instead of us having to manually apply the acne that came in Parenthood it could appear randomly on teens like the spots and tiger stripes do when a sim gets ill. Maybe the mood swings could become a bit more pronounced as well as the reactions to them by other sims. Overall though I do think the Parenthood pack added some good things to make teens seem more teen like, and I feel like I can further that with outfits and styling in CAS, so I personally am not really eager to have the dev team spend a bunch of time and money on it, because I think in the end it will cause more problems than it solves.

    Hey Pam,

    Yeah I see your point! But the thing is, we should ALREADY be up in arms about the lack of gameplay and CAS items for toddlers / children and teens haha. That's kind of my whole point :D

    I agree that parenthood added some fantastic gameplay features, but I'd love it if my teens would act a little more crazy so my parent sims had more opportunity to use those features of discipline and reinforcement and helping them develop their characters. - That said, I mean that only if their moods are unstable or if they have relevant traits or character values. Like, my Sims who got low "responsibility" as toddlers and kids should be wild as teenagers, and Sims who lack "empathy" could have real trouble making friends and be very lonely and sad teeangers. "Conflict resolution" scores should affect how much my teens fight with their siblings and parents. Depth, depth, depth. I want it to MEAN something, you know? :D

    I've got a couple of great mods in my game (like Zerbu's Go To School & KawaiiStacie's Slice of Life & also her prom night event) that just on their own add so much more to differentiate the experience that my teenage Sims have. If modders can come up with these awesome ideas and content, the Sims team should too?

    I don't know about you guys, but I'm really tired of hearing about "time and resources and budget" excuses. It's really frustrating. Millions and millions of people play this game and buy the packs - where is that money going? This is legit your jobs, guys? To make the content we want to have in game?

    But I definitely respect that for you, this isn't a huge priority. But for me, the resources they spent developing "Tiny Living" is a waste of time and money, because I don't see it adding any real depth to the game. If they come out with a "Winter Vacay Destination" game pack (as strongly hinted in the community survey), I'd also feel like it was a bit of a waste, because first of all we need the ability to set if our Sims are even INTERESTED in travelling, or would like to take up Skiing as a hobby or not.

    For me, this stuff is like, basic game mechanics. The Sims 4 keeps releasing fluff for the top of the game pie without adding more filling. Better teens and more personality would be like meaty filling for me.
Sign In or Register to comment.
Return to top