Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

THE one & only 'Tiny Living' complaining thread!

Comments

• friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,545 Member
    @simprincess i fully agree with you that kids and toddlers both sim gender need more choice in clothes like for exemple the cute toddler pjs that where in the sims 2
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • ravynwolvfravynwolvf Posts: 1,073 Member
    edited January 2020
    There's an article I just read where the developers said that they only include one "Hero" object (their description, not mine) in a stuff pack. An item that has new interactions and needs new animations. In this case, it's a Murphy Bed. Bunk beds would also be considered a hero object, so we don't get both.
    Personally, I think they'd sell more if they took the attitude of trying to put a selection of items that more people might use, because taking the approach of "Buy this just to get the Murphy Bed" is only going to appeal to those who want IT. Myself, for example, I would have preferred bunk beds, simply because I think in the long run I'd find more reasons to use them (like in any house with kids). So I don't know if I'll buy it since the Murphy bed would be like a one off, something to try and hardly ever use again. So it folds up. You still can't really put anything in the space where it opens up on. Maybe the entertainment center should have been on the underside...

Edit: I think a sofa that turns into a bed (sofa bed) would have been more useful as well.
  • x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    How I wish that the recent patch includes a ladder, spiral stairway & attic pull down stairs. What's the point of living in a small space if we can't optimise the space. Also, it would be interesting if it can allow us to mix & match the furniture such as bed, where we can combine at least 2 single beds with a ladder to create a bunk bed/ perhaps a loft bed.
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • TamakiSakura84TamakiSakura84 Posts: 543 Member
    The murphy bed is cool, but I wish there was a 3x1 tile variant where just the bottom colored part of the cabinet flipped, forming a single bed.
  • PlumbeebPlumbeeb Posts: 619 Member
    So I watched the B&B overview by James (link here) and also read WMS's Tumblr review (link here) and most of what I've seen or read I agree with.

Thoughts on gameplay:
    I'm not super impressed by what I see. I already felt like the Murphy beds would be something I would barely use, mainly due to my overall lack of interest in them but the fact that they are 'electronic' makes me dislike them all the more. I don't like that Sims use a remote to get the bed down, it's just strange and I would have preferred Sims to just pull them down manually. I also don't like that there's no option for a plain Murphy bed, as in, no picture frame or decor objects on the shelf part. The bed isn't what I would consider to be space saving either, because it's been mentioned that you cannot put anything in front of the bed while it's up as it won't function properly. James also had a great point about single and double beds, and how often we get either one or the other, but hardly ever both and he's absolutely right. I'm tired of not being able to have both versions in the catalog and a single Murphy bed would have fit into the 'tiny' theme nicely.

Thoughts on Create-a-Sim:
    I always get a lot of use out of comfortable and practical clothing, so CAS is a win for me. The only thing I wasn't a fan of was the hairstyles for female Sims, they're just not my kind of style. I also appreciate what the devs are doing with the swatches and the balance seems pretty good in terms of colourful and neutral swatches.

Thoughts on Build & Buy mode:
    Probably my favourite furniture from a stuff pack. I like the Hygge style that the devs have chosen and they implemented it really well in the game. I think it fits in really well with other packs, such as Get Famous and Bowling Night Stuff and I can see myself mixing and matching items from these packs with Tiny Living when I get around to buying it. My only gripe is that there could have been more separated objects and this was something James also mentioned which I agree with. I would love the larger TV to be separated from the free standing unit, it's a really nice design and I know I'd use it a lot if I could place it on any coffee table.

Overall, it seems like a decent enough pack. I'll only be able to pick it up at the end of the month but I look forward to seeing everyone's tiny builds in the meantime. Perhaps it's good that I'll have to wait anyway, as I hear there's a bug with the Murphy beds that make them practically unusable based on feedback from some of the Game Changers.
    Sims 4 Wish List:
    • > Option to toggle on/off random townie generation.
    • > Turn vacation worlds into residential worlds.
    • > Option to purchase separate worlds or a world pack.
    • > Sleepwear kit.
    • > Atomic age kit.
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    Super disappointed that yet again kids and toddlers don't get any clothes. I'm glad they converted the hairstyles for all ages, but my sim kids need clothes too.

it's almost at this point to say (not really, but it seems like it) why even have kids and toddlers if you aren't gonna to cater to them...just some clothes would be good...is it SO bad to ask!?
  • PerunaPeruna Posts: 101 Member
    I didn't get the pack yet but I took a look at the list of stuff in the pack at Origin and yikes, no clothes for kids and/or toddlers again? Looking back, DU didn't have CAS stuff for kids, RoM didn't have CAS stuff for kids, Moschino Stuff didn't have CAS stuff for kids, and now TL has no clothes for kids (at least they got hairstyles, but even those aren't unique for them). That's four packs in a row of kids and toddlers getting pretty severely neglected, and I'm not gonna lie, I'm not wild about this pattern at all.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited January 2020
    bizuktag wrote: »
    I'm a bit disappointed by a few things:

1) Padding the Buy catalogue with repeated objects. We have a bed, a bed with couch, a bed with one attached bookcase, a bed with two attached bookcases, and the bookcase as a standalone. The couch-less bed feels like a waste since nothing can go in front of it, and the versions with attached bookcases seem pointless when you can place the bookcases yourself and they snap to the bed seamlessly.

2) Only one design for the bed. Since the coding and animation are more time-intensive elements compared to creating an object mesh, I would have liked to see at least one other style. And preferably a version without their forced wall art and shelf decor.

3) Your sims operate the bed with a remote? Seriously?

4) When a sim operates the bed by hand - seemingly only when they're about to get killed - they step on the couch. When you use the couch-less version of the bed, the same animation plays. The sim's feet push against thin air, since they didn't bother to make an animation that doesn't involve the couch. This feels lazy.

Here’s another one: When a Sim repairs a bed that is in the put down position, they literally stand in the middle of the bed to do it. So they clip right through it. It’s crazy. Looks like they used the same animation for repair for when the bed is against the wall as when it’s down. That’s why the Sim stands in the middle of the bed. Smh
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    edited January 2020
    Chazzzy wrote: »

1) Padding the Buy catalogue with repeated objects. We have a bed, a bed with couch, a bed with one attached bookcase, a bed with two attached bookcases, and the bookcase as a standalone. The couch-less bed feels like a waste since nothing can go in front of it, and the versions with attached bookcases seem pointless when you can place the bookcases yourself and they snap to the bed seamlessly.

2) Only one design for the bed. Since the coding and animation are more time-intensive elements compared to creating an object mesh, I would have liked to see at least one other style. And preferably a version without their forced wall art and shelf decor.

4) When a sim operates the bed by hand - seemingly only when they're about to get killed - they step on the couch. When you use the couch-less version of the bed, the same animation plays. The sim's feet push against thin air, since they didn't bother to make an animation that doesn't involve the couch. This feels lazy.

Here’s another one: When a Sim repairs a bed that is in the put down position, they literally stand in the middle of the bed to do it. So they clip right through it. It’s crazy. Looks like they used the same animation for repair for when the bed is against the wall as when it’s down. That’s why the Sim stands in the middle of the bed. Smh

I'm sorry but I can't stand this team's laziness...

Seems they don't bother to play test this...

Well who am I kidding they never bother playtesting it hardly ever.
  • niccettaniccetta Posts: 4 New Member
    > @KaeChan2089 said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > Yes they think we are..

Sadly, it's the truth......
  • niccettaniccetta Posts: 4 New Member
    > @MsTiquelle said:
    > I get that ladders/spiral stairs can't be in the pack, build mode is always done by patch, probably for gallery/consistency reasons. And I'll assume the gurus aren't lying when they say bunk beds are impossible for a stuff pack. However given all of that, I honestly think this pack should have just been delayed until those items were patched in/in other packs already. Then there wouldn't be an issue.
    >
    > My other issue with this pack is it just doesn't fit the name. There isn't really much tiny living stuff. There is some nice furniture and cas, if you like that style. But aside from the murphy bed, I can't see what other stuff is for tiny living. The combo object is nice, but it is 2 tiles wide! That doesn't help, you can fit all that stuff in 2 tiles anyway. A 1 tile combo would have been good, but doesn't look like it exists. It's a nice option, but doesn't really fit the tiny living.
    >
    > And the lot just seems pointless. You already have low bills for smaller and cheaper lots, money is so easy to get I don't need a reduction. I hope a mod makes relationships decrease faster as well as that seems more likely than gaining. Or both, with relationship extremes, gaining or loosing quickly. Not sure about the comfy thing, but I'm just expecting a moodlet for it, doubt it does much.
    >
    > Overall it isn't terrible, it just isn't really what it sells itself as. And they should have waited for a ladders patch to release this.

I agree!!!!! I was hoping to see cooktops, bunk beds, mini-oven, stackable items (like washers or ovens), small sinks/sink toilet combo, folding wall table/desk, over the toilet shelves, etc.
  • Moon_WillowMoon_Willow Posts: 732 Member

They stand at the end to repair/upgrade it in my game.

8wH307T.png

I think it depends on what you have around your bed, the bedroom originally looked like this.

8cgAy4v.png

I was going to leave the stack of books, side table and carpet in place and put a TV on the side table for my sims to watch when the bed was up but that led to some weird routing when the bed was down. So I decided to simplify things,,
    tsNVdyA.png
    Gallery ID: Truet318, check out my latest builds on the gallery.

The Road goes ever on and on And I must follow, if I can,
    Until it joins some larger way,
    Where many paths and errands meet.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited January 2020

They stand at the end to repair/upgrade it in my game.

8wH307T.png

I think it depends on what you have around your bed, the bedroom originally looked like this.

8cgAy4v.png

I was going to leave the stack of books, side table and carpet in place and put a TV on the side table for my sims to watch when the bed was up but that led to some weird routing when the bed was down. So I decided to simplify things,,

There’s nothing at the edge of my Sim’s bed. I took a screenshot when it happened in my game. I’ll post it later
  • UnknownGamerUnknownGamer Posts: 77 Member
    Frankly, a complaining thread for any stuff pack is always going to be endless. There’s just simply not enough stuff. So much more could have been added for Tiny homes.

Stuff packs are just a cash cow for EA. It feels like the stuff in stuff packs are content that has been held back from EP’s.

So much stuff could have been added, yet all they add is a “hero” object and a small amount of other stuff. This unfortunately has been the case for all stuff packs. Even worse is that some SP’s feel like an expansion to an EP, which is just wrong.

Not the devs fault though, they unfortunately seem to have tight budget constraints with all the packs. Along with the age old excuse of catering to the potato PC gamers.

• CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    edited January 2020
    So I watched the B&B overview by James (link here) and also read WMS's Tumblr review (link here) and most of what I've seen or read I agree with.

Thoughts on gameplay:
    I'm not super impressed by what I see. I already felt like the Murphy beds would be something I would barely use, mainly due to my overall lack of interest in them but the fact that they are 'electronic' makes me dislike them all the more. I don't like that Sims use a remote to get the bed down, it's just strange and I would have preferred Sims to just pull them down manually. I also don't like that there's no option for a plain Murphy bed, as in, no picture frame or decor objects on the shelf part. The bed isn't what I would consider to be space saving either, because it's been mentioned that you cannot put anything in front of the bed while it's up as it won't function properly. James also had a great point about single and double beds, and how often we get either one or the other, but hardly ever both and he's absolutely right. I'm tired of not being able to have both versions in the catalog and a single Murphy bed would have fit into the 'tiny' theme nicely.

It's not surprising that the beds were made fully electronic. EA prefers making everything very modern in function. Not to mention, an electronic bed made it very easy to reuse animations in order to bring the bed down and to repair it. From what I can tell, new animations were only allotted as a result of the failure states.

The thing of more concern, however, is that after that impassioned speech by Sim Guru Ninja (?) which included a spiel about how hard EA works at cross-pack compatibility, the game televisions launched without video game functionality.

But, no worries. Modders will fix it, am I right?
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    I'm disappointed that we could not get ladders, bunk beds or actual round lower glass tables or tables that work with the new chair other then the desk.
    With the tiny living plot the least we could have gotten was a ladder to make a small loft space because you can only have so many tiles in order to classify the lot as tiny living and stairs are 4 tiles long while a latter would only take up 1 to two tiles depending on mesh size and height (if when and ladders get added for floor elevation).

All in all that is what disappoints me about it.
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

• AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    This might be an unpopular statement, but honestly I’d rather stuff packs were just STUFF. No gameplay objects, just a bunch of stuff. MORE stuff than what we get now. Maybe then we’d be able to get more. Idk, but this pack should have had more small/combo items.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    edited January 2020
    This might be an unpopular statement, but honestly I’d rather stuff packs were just STUFF. No gameplay objects, just a bunch of stuff. MORE stuff than what we get now. Maybe then we’d be able to get more. Idk, but this pack should have had more small/combo items.

Exactly!

My impression was that this was the way stuff packs were meant to work. That's the way that they worked in the previous games. Stuff packs for stuff, game packs, and EPs for gameplay objects and new mechanics. Stuff packs certainly weren't intended for a theme as multifaceted as Tiny Living.

Regardless, someone at EA got the genius idea to push stuff packs with some of the gameplay objects that were expected fare in previous base games and EPs -- hot tubs, buffet tables, Murphy beds, etc. As someone who never bought a stuff pack until TS4, I bet that EA is probably having more success selling TS4 stuff packs than in the entirety of the series.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • professorlilithprofessorlilith Posts: 392 Member
    Is this the place to report glitches? My sim can't sleep on her new micro sized lot for more than a few seconds. The arc for her recovery circles green all the way around but she gets no refreshment and wakes up in a few minutes.
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    Is this the place to report glitches? My sim can't sleep on her new micro sized lot for more than a few seconds. The arc for her recovery circles green all the way around but she gets no refreshment and wakes up in a few minutes.

Is the bed broken? (not bug broken but like a sim can "repair" it if you click on the bed)

If not, it sounds like a bug and you can report that here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/bd-p/The-Sims-4-Bugs
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • PlumbeebPlumbeeb Posts: 619 Member
    edited January 2020
    Cynna wrote: »
    It's not surprising that the beds were made fully electronic. EA prefers making everything very modern in function. Not to mention, an electronic bed made it very easy to reuse animations in order to bring the bed down and to repair it. From what I can tell, new animations were only allotted as a result of the failure states.

The thing of more concern, however, is that after that impassioned speech by Sim Guru Ninja (?) which included a spiel about how hard EA works at cross-pack compatibility, the game televisions launched without video game functionality.

But, no worries. Modders will fix it, am I right?

I agree, it's not exactly surprising anymore but still a shame. I just wish there was a little more thought put into it because it could have been a really nice 'hero' object but they managed to turn it into the most unappealing thing about the pack - not really what you want when the entire focus of the pack was the Murphy beds.

Modders are already hands on deck with this pack, and my Tumblr feed is lit up with all kinds of fixes and addons that should have been included from the beginning. This is great if you don't mind using mods or CC, but I no longer do and prefer to play vanilla. Still though, hats off to the modding community for all their hard work.
    Sims 4 Wish List:
    • > Option to toggle on/off random townie generation.
    • > Turn vacation worlds into residential worlds.
    • > Option to purchase separate worlds or a world pack.
    • > Sleepwear kit.
    • > Atomic age kit.
  • SarahsShadySarahsShady Posts: 963 Member
    They took a challenge that has been going on in these forums for YEARS, added a handful of objects & charged us for it. With all that modders can do and release for free its a 🐸🐸🐸🐸 shame The Sims 4 team can't and won't add the items we most want.
    Bunk beds, built in stoves, ladders, lofts, spiral staircases. BOLOGNA
    giphy.gif

Please Bring Back Toddlers, Realistic Teenagers and Create a World.
    Make the Sims (4) Great Again<3

• Bluebeard45Bluebeard45 Posts: 3,889 Member
    It's all about money. There is no reason after 20 years we don't bunk beds,spiral stairs, ladders and better appliances. We still don't have a pool slide. The more time they spend on stuff cuts into the bottom line and Wall Street won't be happy.
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    The Murphy Bed is the same size as a regular bed. I can understand why this is but it kind of removes the point of 'tiny living' - nothing is actually smaller with regards to footprints.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.