Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How are console players finding The Gallery?

Just curious. How are you getting on with the Gallery, so far?
She/Her. 👩🏻
PlayStation. 🎮
United Kingdom. 🇬🇧

Comments

• JPNekoJPNeko Posts: 296 Member
    No problem so far. I've downloaded 2 lots. Finally I can have more variety in my game. Still I hope they let us have mods one day. :)
  • Lemon405Lemon405 Posts: 163 Member
    Loving it! Instead of constantly having to go rebuild houses from my game on my fiancé’s Xbox, I can just upload everything and he can go download it.

No more house envy in our house 😂
  • BfeverBfever Posts: 40 Member
    Overwhelmed in a good way!! I spent all of yesterday searching for the lots from my favorite YouTube simmers to compare what I’ve built to the real thing, lol. I love building but I don’t think I’ll ever have the need to again 😌!!
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    The gallery is at the top right just click on the icon. Once you do you can choose between your console library,gallery and something else and yes you can go to your pc library. For me and others though the console library is missing the cloud that lets you upload your console stuff. This is mainly a problem with Sony and the gurus are looking for a fix. It made it to AMQ in the console section. I'm one of the unlucky people who can't upload my sims from console to the gallery.
  • NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    edited January 2020
    I uploaded 2 creations to the gallery a sim called Milla Cramer and cherryblossom park it's a kids park with bbq , I'm under madsimmer95 in the gallery, I'm thinking of making the mad hatter and Cheshire cat again, I forgot to save them before deleting the save I had them in
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    My sister,for the first time didn't send me pictures of her circle square and triangular house builds. It was pleasant to my eyes and super exciting for her so we both win 🤭🤭🤭🤭 now she is about to replace all those random townies with gallery sims.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • vyvexthornevyvexthorne Posts: 66 Member
    edited January 2020
    Uploading was completely broken for me. Everything I had created and previously added to the library was in the "other" section instead of the "mine" section. Some of my stuff didn't even have my name on it anymore, just a "-" next to where my name was supposed to be and none of it had a little cloud symbol next to it to allow me to even upload it.
    To fix it all I had to spend a bunch of time editing and re-saving my stuff to the library to get it into the "mine" category before I could upload anything. After that everything uploaded fine. It was just a pain to get there.

For quick reference if anyone else is having this problem

For households: Edit in CAS, add a sim, delete that sim, re-save your household to the library. If your household has 8 members, pick a sim, take note of their traits, randomize the traits, manually reset each trait back to what it was, re-save house to library.

For lots: Place lot, save lot to library.. it'll go back into the "other" category, delete it from there and save it to the library again. The 2nd time you save it it'll go into the "mine" category. For whatever reason you need to save it to your library twice. Editing the lot (adding, removing things and saving/loading the game.) can also work but I never found a a perfect method. It was always a bit fiddly. The save a 2nd time thing alway worked perfectly for me.
    Post edited by vyvexthorne on
  • WHW_SimmerWHW_Simmer Posts: 21 Member
    I'm loving it so far. In fact, I've now spent more time in the gallery than actually playing. Downloaded numerous wrestling and comic book characters. A lot of the AEW wrestlers were on point, though I did some tweaking of them for my own personal use. Just a note I won't be reuploading anybody I download unless given permission or asked to do so for some reason. Anywho, I also found a really good "Macho Man" Randy Savage, and a great AJ Styles. Found a great Mary Jane Watson and Peter Parker as well, and I merged them into a single household for my own personal use down the road.

If I ever get on the kick of uploading various creations (mostly sims because I can't build for anything), you can find me under whw_simmer. I also use the hashtag #nocc since I'm on console.
    "It is now time for our main event of Bob Pancakes vs. Diego Lobo, but here comes Caleb Vatore with an angry holiday gnome! And now here comes Johnny Zest with a cup of vampire cure! It's pandemonium, but we're out of time!"
  • DramaticpianoDramaticpiano Posts: 39 Member
    It's really useful actually, but it can be annoying as mac/PC get updates first so if we want to download something, say a house sometimes I get I thing saying I cant download it because my game has not got the newest update but other that that it's really good
    I still cant upload my console library stuff cause the cloud is missing.
  • SimptuousSimptuous Posts: 82 Member
    I'm loving the gallery. It's great having access to all the wonderful creations out there plus I'm enjoying building even more now that my own creations are being put to use by others.
  • animevampanimevamp Posts: 136 Member
    @catloverplayer I had that problem too, but got it pretty figured out. Any sims or builds in your library you want to upload just open in CAS or build mode and upload from there. Only thing to note is it will resave it to your library.
  • Monda76Monda76 Posts: 50 Member
    Finally downloaded my first house from the gallery feeling like my super confident sim right now.
  • RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    I love it!
    I already downloaded so many cool paintings, I can never get enough paintings!!!
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

animevamp wrote: »
    @catloverplayer I had that problem too, but got it pretty figured out. Any sims or builds in your library you want to upload just open in CAS or build mode and upload from there. Only thing to note is it will resave it to your library.

This is a work around but the cloud should be added back in an update. Kind of defeats the purpose of uploading from your gallery if you have to go thru CAS. The cloud missing is a bug.
  • ddd994ddd994 Posts: 418 Member

This is a work around but the cloud should be added back in an update. Kind of defeats the purpose of uploading from your gallery if you have to go thru CAS. The cloud missing is a bug.

I’m not sure about the cloud you’re talking about, but it won’t let me upload anything saved to my library before the uni patch? I have one household in my library that I made with university a couple weeks ago, and that’s the only save I can upload directly from my library.
    So like someone else mentioned I’m gonna have to resave everything which is easy enough but time consuming.. Do you reckon this is what they are gonna fix in a patch?

ddd994 wrote: »

I’m not sure about the cloud you’re talking about, but it won’t let me upload anything saved to my library before the uni patch? I have one household in my library that I made with university a couple weeks ago, and that’s the only save I can upload directly from my library.
    So like someone else mentioned I’m gonna have to resave everything which is easy enough but time consuming.. Do you reckon this is what they are gonna fix in a patch?

I'd wait. There is a fix coming. The cloud icon is how you upload your stuff on the gallery. I think this issue is limited to Sony as I haven't heard any people on Xbox say the cloud is missing
  • SaffuSaffu Posts: 1 New Member
    I just started up the game for the first time since the update today and it seems like it broke everything for me. The game keeps trying to sync but it won't do it. It just loads the sync forever or it loads but then gets stuck at 0% instead. I can only get to the main menu if I cancel it after it gets stuck at 0%, then it finally loads the game. Also, cats and dogs was missing and I couldn't make pets or see any of the items until I hard reset my xbox a couple times. The worst is my entire library is just gone. All my saved households and lots are totally missing, nothing of mine is there anymore at all. I lost all my favorite sims and houses and can't get them back now.
  • Chrissy344Chrissy344 Posts: 7 New Member
    I was wondering if anyone else was able to download and use cc pictures from the gallery or is it just me?
  • TheFlyingGentlemanTheFlyingGentleman Posts: 113 Member
    Chrissy344 wrote: »
    I was wondering if anyone else was able to download and use cc pictures from the gallery or is it just me?

we can download cc
    So far just pictures, when you pull up the gallery do a search for rooms under 5000, they will show up and you can use them but be warned , once you place them in your housebound wont be able to save or upload house to the gallery. Plus, once you sale with the pictures you don’t want it is worth way more simolliens than you \paid for it.
    https://youtu.be/o0C_jsq343I here is a vid showing it
    Sorry first link was test, here is full vid, https://youtu.be/WBBRMjjsmAk
  • GoldenLani85GoldenLani85 Posts: 15 Member
    I have been a sim builder for a little over a year and to be perfectly clear I have had a blast with the new gallery. There were some hiccups at the beginning like not being able to upload creations I made before the gallery but I found a workaround for it, I will check the troubleshooting section next just to see if anyone has addressed this issue so I can comment under it. But the gallery is phenomenal! I am able to connect and share with some really amazing people and not only that but I can now download creations my favorite simmers make. I do not work for The sims or EA I'm just a really thankful console player. I can't wait to see what the do for us in the future....First, it was adjustable stairs and now this!! my god I'm gonna faint! :)
    Both online and ingame galleries have been down since last night. I think their working on getting them fixed for the consoles although the gurus have been quite about it.