Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• iampes23iampes23 Posts: 704 Member
    edited January 2020
    BUILD OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE #133 - Tears of a Clown
    FORUM ID: iampes23
    ORIGIN ID: iampes23
    LEVEL: Established
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: The Sand Bar--changed to Colorful Clown Haven
    NEW LOT LINK: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/956C679C373411EA8240E4B33953C835?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=iampes23&max=50&maxis=false
    LOT COST: $3,500--30x20 lot
    GALLERY COST: $73,957
    TOTAL COST: n/a this challenge
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/djrSL8q
    ENTRY DETAILS: As requested, four shipping containers have been transformed into a cozy home with two bedrooms and two bathrooms.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yes, please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: No CC
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    zFGK1oQ.png
    o2dOhWO.png

Post edited by iampes23 on
  • TaoronTaoron Posts: 2,031 Member

FORUM ID: Taoron
    ORIGIN ID: taoron24121

SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Rindle Rose; Willow Creek
    NEW LOT LINK: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/13619176396D11EA8794A6DB93CFDFBB
    GALLERY COST: $73,976

LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW:https://imgur.com/a/NZw1iqF

ENTRY DETAILS: Great build and family concept. I had a lot of fun working within those confines.

I decided to play 3 of the shipping containers side-by-side and stagger them, with the middle container gaining entery to the home and creating a little foyer, with the other two giving an offset exit to the patio, from either bedroom. I had initially considered propping the 4th container up on it's end, and designing a fort-like play area for the child, but I had trouble wasting that much space as I felt it would have hurt the 'Media Room' needs. In the end, I placed the 4th along the facia of the home, as a second floor and used the wasted space behind it, for the play area, with high glass fencing for safety and extended the roofing over the top, to protect from weather and added glass sections, for light, creating a larger 'patio' play area, outside, but still a part of the home, for the child.

I did choose to run the stairs to the second floor down the middle of the home and up into the 4th container, so I chose to separate the media room into two sections, with one for reading, with a desk area and laptop and the other for Movies and Gaming. (I don't like noise when I am reading either. (Homer and CSI don't blend)

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Sure

SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    Q4w7Yxi.png
    pys66Q6.png
    Great builds so far! I am beginning to be sorry I used the corrugated steel outside... Oh well, live and learn...
  • JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 1,957 Member
    😆 @wendyology ”client stated clown 🤡 gear strewn about the house was a source of tension in his previous relationship” 😝 too funny! Great built too.
    Really cute home @Pepper61

Neat home @wendyology My eyes caught that the design of the windows are also the design on the top of the umbrella outside at the table. Not sure if you meant to do that, but I can't not see it now. LOL

Lovely beach home @iampes23
  • wendyologywendyology Posts: 395 Member
    @JojoMOMSTER I’m glad you enjoyed my flavor text! I imagine his ex was not a fan of clowns, some just have a visceral ‘oh hell no’ reaction.

@Taoron Glad you noticed, I jwish there was a better match for the doors!
  • Pepper61Pepper61 Posts: 84 Member
    Great Builds everyone :)
  • AlJayAlJay Posts: 1,649 Member
    FORUM ID: AlJay
    ORIGIN ID: AlJay2000
    LEVEL:Expert
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Ragdoll Refurb in Brindelton Bay
    NEW LOT LINK: The Single Dad
    LOT COST: $1500.00
    GALLERY COST: $73,992.00
    TOTAL COST: $75,442.00
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: Tears of A Clown
    ENTRY DETAILS: I chose to give my container house a modern look with more of a loft feel inside. Ash and Emily both have their own bathroom, as I have added an extra bathroom on the main floor for guests to use. There are many fun things for Emily and her Dad to do, inside and out. The house is ready to entertain whenever Ash feels up to it.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Sure :)
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: All nocc artwork was created by myself
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    sZysQHS.png
    dn5HmT4.png

SIM ENTRY FORM
    FORUM ID: AlJay
    ORIGIN ID:AlJay2000
    LEVEL: Expert (although I don't think my Sim designing is quite that skilled)
    HOUSEHOLD: Tears of A Clown
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: The Rutherford's
    ENTRY DETAILS: Ash is a struggling comedian. He is goofy with a gloomy personality, but ultimately he is a good person. His daughter, Emily, is a social butterfly who loves cats. They also have a cat named Cali. who is Spoiled, friendly and affectionate.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Sure :)
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: none
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    0y08YJF.png
    Love it, @AlJay Great home and family =)

SIM ENTRY FORM

FORUM ID: Taoron
    ORIGIN ID: taoron24121
    HOUSEHOLD: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/5F2ECEAD3D7111EA8E19C574DF535189
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/qOH0Rrt
    ENTRY DETAILS: Ash Rutherford is a struggling Comedian and method Clown. He's struggles, because he's always so depressed, after losing his wife to a Bozo. The only thing that gets him by, day to day, is his daughter Emily, who helps to keep his spirits up. Emily loves cats and bunnies and hopes that her father can start holding down a job....any job, so that he can afford to let her have a cat of her own someday. Meanwhile, she keeps making sure he has good jokes and plenty of balloons.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Sure

SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    2AvseY8.png
    Q1yOIwj.png
  • LehuaLehua Posts: 48 Member
    FORUM ID: CC1552
    ORIGIN ID: CC1552
    LEVEL: Starting Out
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Hindquarter Hideaway
    NEW LOT LINK: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/9E816D1F3EEE11EA8CC1C9C0EC5675FD?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=downloads&time=all&searchquery=cc1552&max=50&maxis=false
    LOT COST: $2,000
    GALLERY COST: $73,812
    TOTAL COST: $75,812
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/gallery/LOBpNli
    ENTRY DETAILS: Ash wanted a cozy home for him and his daughter Emily when she visited. I made sure to give Emily her own corner in the backyard which has a picnic/crafts area and her very own tree house. The back porch has the grilling area that Ash wanted and a second picnic area for adults. If there is to be dancing the couch can easily be moved from the back porch to make room. The house is very colorful reflecting the clown that Ash is. Each room has it's own color but the color schemes match through out except for Emilys room which is pink/purple. The media room has it's own curtain that can be closed to give the feel of a movie theater. The fish tank coffee table is very entertaining as well as useful. Ash can play with Emily in the picnic area, swings, tree house, or swimming in the big pool.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: none
    TWITTER TAG: @JCepeda1552
    FACEBOOK PROFILE:
    TUMBLR LINK:
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    F1VWNlY.png
    HDvTbM7.png
  • AliSim19AliSim19 Posts: 443 Member
    edited January 2020
    FORUM ID: Alisim19
    ORIGIN ID: Aliana101
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Vista Quarry, Oasis Springs, 30x20
    NEW LOT LINK: 'Moving On' Container Home
    LOT COST: n/a, owned lot
    GALLERY COST: $73,973
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: 'Moving On' Slideshow
    ENTRY DETAILS:
    Doing some research for this challenge was such an eye opener, I honestly has no idea that container builds were such a big thing! As ever I found out some really interesting things, such as the challenges around getting the right insulation, the risk of dangerous pesticides having soaked into the flooring and the problems created by condensation.......I love that I learn something new with these challenges, thank you @BuildnShare :) I hit a slight hiccup when I reread the brief and realised I'd missed that the bathroom should be accessible from two sides, took me a while to redesign the top floor!

To make life as easy as possible for the newly single Ash we've kept external maintenance to a minimum on this property but have included some lovely entertaining spaces for him and Emily so they'll be encouraged to have plenty of friends around and move on with their lives. The living areas are designed to encourage them both to spend lots of time together, and we've made them as bright and airy as possible so that it doesn't actually feel like living in a metal box. As the home is mostly for a single man, we've kept the clutter/extra deco items to a minimum. Finally, given that Ash will have less time to work when he has to stay home with Emily, we've installed a video recording station so that Ash can start to earn money by vlogging from home (our version of the media room!)

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yes please

CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: Lovely NoCC art by SimSationalToo

SPACE FOR PICTURES:

77vF33u.png

RoBuJhi.png
    Post edited by AliSim19 on
  • Talea12345Talea12345 Posts: 132 Member
    edited January 2020
    > CHALLENGE #133 Tears of a Clown

FORUM ID: Talea12345
    ORIGIN ID: ATalea1230

LEVEL: Expert
    LOT: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/FB007ACB404011EA841BC574DF535189?category=all&searchtype=hashtag&sortby=downloads&time=all&searchquery=bns133&max=50&maxis=false
    GALLERY COST: 71,318
    BUILD COST: 71,318

LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/gallery/XVs0k8n

DETAILS: Ash Rutherfords Container Home.
    A few years ago the island nation of Sulani ran into financial troubles and had to sell off former public land. Parts of this land had some old ruins of the former kingdom of Sulan on it - the provision of buying this cheap land was that the new owners had to allow access to archaeologists for a period of 5 years and that they couldn't change the ruins. Luckily for Ash that timeframe is over and it is perfectly possible to prop up containers over some ruin walls. He even used part of the ruins, expanded around them and build a play-house for his daughter Emily! The containers contain an open concept kitchen-living-area, 2 bedrooms, 3 baths and a media/liberary room that can also function as a guestbedroom. Outside the deck offers an outdoor kitchen and accees to the pier - from which it is possible to swim in the coral reef!

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes please.

CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS:
    Mandykay77 for the clown pictures
    And I downloaded a clown from the Gallery so I could take screenshots (from Foxyfan89890)

FACEBOOK PROFILE:
    TUMBLR LINK:

SPACE FOR PICTURES: So many pictures to share! I hope these two give a feel for the build
    ]ERhloFQ.jpg
    Post edited by Talea12345 on
  • Talea12345Talea12345 Posts: 132 Member
    Sooo, now that I've finished my own build I can look at all of your builds:

@iampes23
    I love the little pond in front of Emily's room! That is such a cute idea. I also like how you included the kittens in the different rooms

@Pepper61
    I think my favourite is your bathroom. It just looks really balanced (can't think of a better word to describe it).
    I wish you would have added some clutter /paintings / etc. to make it look more lived in and to provide a focus point in the room. The paintings behind the tv are a great thing in that regard.

@Wendyology
    Awesome how you "designed" the containers to make them look like a perfectly normal house! It has a really open feel to it and the kitchen just begs for some family cooking. How did you do those circles on the walls? Are those lights?
    Also, great layout on the top floor!

@Taoron
    That doesn't look like shipping containers at all, rather just a perfectly normal newbuild! The solar panels are just so neat. I think my absolute favourite is the living room. Great build like always :)

@AlJay
    I love the modern-industrial vibe of your outside. The carport and toy-picknick area are awesome ideas. Really like your choice of furniture and paintings as well. Honestly I love all of your rooms - I think your build is my favourite so far!

@AliSim19
    That is such an eyecatching build. I do really like the outdoor space, no idea how you fit a pool with the budget... I love Emily's room and how lived in it looks. Also, great research!

@Lehua
    The treehouse is such a neat idea! I love the table in the media room - which pack is that from? Interesting color sheme, really courageous of you to choose them! You don't see tht ofte and it makes your build stand out.
    Thank you @Talea12345 :) I haven't had time for a proper look at the entries so far as yet but your comments on them all have me itching to go into them all! I love the beach vibe you've got going on in yours, beautiful! <3
  • wendyologywendyology Posts: 395 Member
    @Talea12345 Thanks! I liked how staggering the containers covered patios and created balconies. I wanted the siding to hint that it is built from shipping containers but clad in something slightly fancy. I believe the round lights in the living room are from the University pack. I shrunk them slightly so that they would fit in the build.
    Thank you @Talia1234 <3
  • Becka28Becka28 Posts: 1,870 Member
    edited January 2020

FORUM ID: Becka28
    ORIGIN ID: beckablitz
    LEVEL: first time entry
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Bargain Bend - Willowcreek 30 x 20
    NEW LOT LINK: Shipping Container Home https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/F88BB656401311EA8CC2C9C0EC5675FD
    LOT COST: $2000
    GALLERY COST: $69,820
    TOTAL COST: $71,820
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/MbUYdNi

ENTRY DETAILS: Ash has recently divorced from his wife and is branching out from the regular suburban and moving to a shipping container home. The home contains room for both himself and his daughter Emily. Being a shipping container home windows aren't down everyside of the building to maintain structural integrity. The containers are placed in an L shape to form a border around a large deck which will be useful for entertaining when Ash feels ready to entertain once again. The home contains a special storage area for his clowning gear as well as a microphone so Ash can practice for his true career dream of becoming a stand up comedian. The natural texture of the containers is featured as the containers are only partially clad in colourful panels. The graffiti that was drawn on the containers at the storage lot has been maintained and featured as urban art on the building.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes

SPACE FOR PICTURES: (Only a maximum of two per entry, please)
    DfgXLee.png
    YhWKqq9.png
    Post edited by Becka28 on
    @Becka28 I had the same thing all last week - assumed it was a regional thing then realised my daughter could log in fine. I cleared my cache and logged in without a problem (had to do it again a day later though!). Might be worth a try
    Here is your link just in case - know it drove me mad last week!

https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/F88BB656401311EA8CC2C9C0EC5675FD
  • Becka28Becka28 Posts: 1,870 Member
    Thankyou @AliSim19 . I tried all your suggestions (and more from the forums) and it just wasn't working. Your link helped and have edited above.
    I checked this evening when I got home from work and I finally have access again. - its a relief.
    Talea12345 wrote: »
    Sooo, now that I've finished my own build I can look at all of your builds:

@iampes23
    I love the little pond in front of Emily's room! That is such a cute idea. I also like how you included the kittens in the different rooms

Thanks very much! Mine looks like a mess compared to all the other designs. We have some awesome hot builds this time! Way to go everyone!!!

• SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,210 Member
    edited January 2020
    BUILD OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM (please copy and paste into your entry post)

FORUM ID: SimTresa
    ORIGIN ID: TresaofPern
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Hindquarter Hideaway
    NEW LOT NAME: Crate Expectations
    LOT COST: N/A
    GALLERY COST: 66,047
    TOTAL COST: 66,047
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/wlKMjKF
    ENTRY DETAILS: These four stacked shipping containers have been decorated in a colorful, eclectic style. The green exterior helps it blend into the environment, disturbing the scenery as little as possible. It is uncluttered but comfortable, providing everything sims need to be happy and entertained.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yes please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: None. One painting by roseymow has been included.

SPACE FOR PICTURES:

sBBsBxX.png
    vFo7WGg.png
    image.png
  • PinkusfamilyPinkusfamily Posts: 587 Member
    FORUM ID: PINKUSFAMILY
    ORIGIN ID: PINKUSFAMILY
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Upland Place in Del Sol Valley
    NEW LOT LINK: ~ Upland >< Place ~
    GALLERY COST: 72,803
    TOTAL COST: 72,803
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: Build N Share #133 "Tears of a Clown "
    ENTRY DETAILS: Using the slim budget of & 74,000.00. We arranged the storage units in a square so that there was a courtyard in the middle. The units were made to not stand out like containers. We gave them individual roofs and over lapped them so there would be peaks , that would give it the look of an ordinary home. A Car port was added and a roof covers the middle court yard - like a garden room- its glass..Inexpensive siding was added.Total cost came in under budget at 72,803.00 . All of the customers requirements were met , and then some..
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes Please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: Clown art by KSsDesign & SimSationalToo in the gallery.
    TWITTER TAG: Diane Pinkus
    FACEBOOK PROFILE: Mom's Sims 3 & 4. Creations
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    83445092_2619566258263449_889676224526286848_o.jpg?_nc_cat=111&_nc_ohc=aLUyqcHrSSMAX-j5Q4M&_nc_ht=scontent.fewr1-2.fna&oh=129c25e87affba2afb59249c006cb94a&oe=5ECDB971

83360715_2619466211606787_2754307504098770944_o.jpg?_nc_cat=110&_nc_ohc=FEOlkrFAZlIAX_SWzJE&_nc_ht=scontent.fewr1-3.fna&oh=c27b72c0a69de766012c0c24148149df&oe=5E96F0C9

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top