Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Friday Highlight January 17th - A week on The Sims Forums

EA_MaiEA_Mai Posts: 1,800 EA Staff (retired)
Sul sul Simmers!

We said goodbye to the Holiday season and I'm happy to be back on the forums, ready for the first Friday Highlight of the new year! Did you have a good start of 2020?

We definitely had a very exciting week, with updates arriving to The Sims 4 on all platforms. And of course - The Gallery is now cross platform!

r64m5dsi8rhj.png
Poor Sim is terrified, and here I am laughing - couldn't stop myself from adding it for you to see ^^
Screenshot by @WhatCobblers, found here!

With The Sims 4 Tiny Living livestream playing in the background, let me share with you a list of awesim discussions I came back to after my vacation:
  • We all have a soft spot for some specific Sims. Choosing amongst our little babies is going to be *very* difficult and I'm sure you have enough love for everyone but... 'Tell me about your best ever Sim'! A great discussion (or challenge?) posted by @NRowe ;)
  • If you are looking for a real challenge, @luckyheather has you covered! 'Lucky's 2 week build challenges' is a topic to bookmark if you like to challenge your building skills!
  • Next, an older thread I was surprised I hadn't recommended before: 'Tiny House Challenge', by @catmando830 . Very on topic this week, right? Take a look and start getting in the mood for the upcoming pack!
  • @DoloresGrey is the OP for the discussion I want you to visit next: 'Share your most recent fails'. A space for us to share those 'doh!' moments ;)
  • Closing our first Friday Highlight of 2020, one of the latest discussions of 2019! You can find it in The Sims 3 section. Titled 'What is your best moments of 2019?', I don't think it needs an explanation, does it? :smiley: You can thank @king_of_simcity7 for that one ;)

I hope you enjoyed the read and I helped you discover some new discussions. Do you have any for me? Share your finds below!

You can expect some more recommendations from me next Friday, unless I'm eaten by an enormous cow plant. For now, happy weekend and happy Simming! :blush:
-Mai

Comments

• simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,707 Member
    edited January 2020
    First to comment. Guess everyone's hanging out in the stuff pack forum in anticipation of Tiny Living. :p Thanks for the awesim suggestions. I'd missed a couple of them. Have a great weekend!
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    Only second comment and I'm a day late :D The poster above me must be right, everyone is busy with Tiny Living. Congrats to those mentioned, and I like how you emphasized babies there... interesting...
    funny-gifs20.gif

• luckyheatherluckyheather Posts: 19,716 Member

Thank you very much @EA_Mai for mentioning my Challenge Thread called 'Lucky's 2 week build challenges' in your Friday Highlight. I cant thank you enough as I always enjoy looking at the recommendations on Fridays :)
    Please watch out for any enormous cow plant's! we need you here :)
  • WhatCobblersWhatCobblers Posts: 2,748 Member
    edited January 2020
    Hi! @EA_Mai thank you very much for showing my screenshot. Kio is very flattered to be mentioned in the Highlights. 😁
  • muimui1208muimui1208 Posts: 14 New Member
    Is there an unknown bug where we are stuck in "buy mode" and the only way to exit is exiting the game completely? I've turned off mods already. This has been occurring post-January patch update for Tiny Living.
  • NRoweNRowe Posts: 7,877 Member
    Thanks @EA_Mai. I’m getting inspirational stories on my thread again. <3
  • PhillipaErdnussPhillipaErdnuss Posts: 73 Member
    Thanks @EA_Mai for make me aware of these nice threads. Would miss the Friday Highlights if you'd be eaten by the Cow-plant.... so please keep your distance :)
    Phillipa Erdnuss
    Mayoress of SimCity and all associated districts
    Let this cart-button disappear!
  • EA_MaiEA_Mai Posts: 1,800 EA Staff (retired)
    edited January 2020
    Please watch out for any enormous cow plant's! we need you here :)
    Would miss the Friday Highlights if you'd be eaten by the Cow-plant.... so please keep your distance :)
    Don't accept cakes from giant cow plants - noted! :blush:
    muimui1208 wrote: »
    Is there an unknown bug where we are stuck in "buy mode" and the only way to exit is exiting the game completely? I've turned off mods already. This has been occurring post-January patch update for Tiny Living.
    This is not the right place to discuss this - if you already removed your mods and repaired the game and it's still happening, please, visit the Help section: https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/ct-p/the-sims-4-en. If the searching tool doesn't give you any similar threads, you can open your own.
    Only second comment and I'm a day late :D The poster above me must be right, everyone is busy with Tiny Living. Congrats to those mentioned, and I like how you emphasized babies there... interesting...
    No secret meanings. I can never be careful enough, can I? :smiley:

This is me writing on the forums:
    giphy.webp

How you think I write:
    giphy.gif

How you read my posts:
    giphy.webp

Me:
    TSs9qei.gif
  • SarahSoda9SarahSoda9 Posts: 19 Member
    Can’t wait to check out the challenges!
  • Cassiec345Cassiec345 Posts: 2 New Member