Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Comments

• Gracie0305Gracie0305 Posts: 6 New Member
    Children yes toddlers no
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    I agree. I see no reason for why kids shouldn't be able to knit. I was just in the salon the other day and my stylist was talking about how she taught herself to knit at a young age (I think she said 12, but I can't remember the exact number).

The toddlers in this game are definitely old enough that they should be able to learn some knitting as well. Should it be as intricate as the older sims, no. But they shouldn't be excluded from this.

There are a lot of areas in this game where kids and toddlers are exuded from things, but this shouldn't be one of them.
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    I'd agree with kids yes and toddlers no, toddlers in this game aren't 4, they are learning to walk, talk and use the potty, more the 1-2.5 age range so a bit too young.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    I'm usually all for adding content for every age but I see no reason for toddlers to knit they play pretty young to me they feel 1-3 if anything they should be making mess of the yarn and scolding them for that should be tied into parenting. Obviously the kids should knit the only people who would disagree with you on that would be the Guru's.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • TamakiSakura84TamakiSakura84 Posts: 543 Member
    Maybe cat's cradle for toddlers as well? (And for older Sims too, of course.)
  • DramaticpianoDramaticpiano Posts: 39 Member
    Children should be able to knit because at the moment there is very little things for children to learn, and knitting would be awesome especially if kids could try too😁
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Yes to finger knitting for toddlers. It is one of the first ways I started knitting.
    best-finger-knitted-projects.jpg

I used the square loom too, but was a child age when I started those.
    65001-1001-2-3ww-l.jpg

“Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • under_sun_and_skyunder_sun_and_sky Posts: 96 Member
    I really hope they do make knitting available for kids (I'm not going to get my hopes up for toddlers, I have barely any hope at all that kids will be included lmao) I taught my nieces to knit when they were pretty young, probably like 6 or 7, and they're pretty good with loom knitting. Kids love crafty stuff like this, they should be included.
    tumblr_pg992c6rBP1r42s8uo1_400.gifv
  • lilybluesimslilybluesims Posts: 19 Member
    I definitely think kids should be able to knit. In fact, I think they should be able to learn a lot of the adult skills because why not? They do in real life. Toddlers...maybe not.
    xz1R97il.png
  • RebbilinaRebbilina Posts: 377 Member
    Kids definitley should. Toddlers however are learning to walk and talk in this game. They're like one. I'd love for them to be able to pull apart other sims unfinished knitting projects.
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,353 Member
    Since they're (hopefully) working a bit on the game play, let me clarify on toddlers.

I don't think toddlers should develop a knitting skill or be able to actually make objects more complicated than a finger knit bracelet.

I do think that toddlers with Movement 4+ should have a "Finger knit" interaction with whatever the interaction item is (project bag, pair of needles and a ball of yarn, etc) that increases movement if they haven't maxed it yet and increases fun/reduces sadness. No item produced, either as CAS or decor. They just sit on a chair/couch/the floor and finger knit with a random color ball of yarn.
  • davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    edited March 2020
    Child Sims would be nice, but as another simmer said, the toddlers are around 2-3 yrs. I would rather they have interactions with it:

Toddler:

What's that?
    Admire
    Say "pretty" about knitted item
    Tear it up
    Kiss and play if animal or doll
    Feel proud to wear knitted item
    Sleep with
    Ask to keep me safe
    Snuggle

Same with cat/dog:

Lick
    Play
    Tear
    Sleep with
    Snuggle

Would really love these. Give as gift and sell in store or on yard sale table would also be good.