Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims Life Stories?

fatbat21fatbat21 Posts: 1,527 Member
So I’ve always wanted to play the sims life stories ever since i watched life summer play them. I’ve seen some on Facebook marketplace and amazon. I have a windows 10 laptop with no disk drive, can the codes still be entered into origin? And then can i even get them to work? My assumption is yes because it’s sims 2 ish software so it should work right

Comments

• SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    edited January 2020
    Hi @fatbat21

Interesting question however according to to the info from Origin on the link below it appears to suggest that you can play but through a disc drive only so the only thing I could suggest is you buy yourself a external disc drive you can attach to your laptop.

Some of our classic games cannot be redeemed on Origin and can only be played if you still have the game disc. Those games include but are not limited to:

The Sims (1)
    The Sims 2
    Battlefield 1942
    Battlefield Vietnam
    Command & Conquer
    Medal of Honor
    Crysis

https://help.ea.com/en-gb/help/origin/origin/origin-code-redemption-faq/

Maybe someone a lot more techie than might pop along and know some sort of solution.

I hope you will be able to find a way to play :)
  • DevalaousDevalaous Posts: 1,286 Member
    All three Stories games work on modern hardware, I have them all installed on a modern rig, with no issues at all past having to tinker with the graphicsrules inis
    Rebuilding Sims 2 inside Sims 3 one lot and sim at a time.

See my Sims 3 studio for latest progress.
    @Devalaous

Do you mean you are using the discs? as when I was purchased a full set of S2 series discs to put away in case I needed them in future the 3 stories discs arrived in the same box and I had no clue what they were at first or that they were standalone so I was wondering myself if the discs would work on a win 10 OS or are you using another OS?

I think it could be more difficult for @fatbat21 as I believe there is only a code but not a disc that can be used and EA appear to suggest in their articles that playing that way is no longer an option it has to be disc.
  • DevalaousDevalaous Posts: 1,286 Member
    Yes, they are disc only, so thats the only way they will be playable, but they DO still work. I had trouble getting them running on Windows 8, but on Windows 10 they have worked flawlessly after editing the graphicsrules to force high-end mode.
    Rebuilding Sims 2 inside Sims 3 one lot and sim at a time.

See my Sims 3 studio for latest progress.
    Thank you @Devalaous

That is really interesting info..