Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Popularity Contest: Which is your favorite neighborhood?

KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
I've seen that @Brindleton did a "favorite neighborhood" poll, but they didn't include BV and the 3 Uni-hoods, I was curious to see what the outcome would look like if they had included those too. (I consider the Uni-hoods as a "separate neighborhood", as it comes with premades with unique personalities/etc).

Popularity Contest: Which is your favorite neighborhood? 95 votes

Académie Le Tour
1%
Potsae 1 vote
Belladonna Cove
10%
lisamwittAnthonydyerfatbat21AnnarubananaErinEgonVMmarx13delicadoRiverX2Bananassimms745 10 votes
Bluewater Village
1%
DarkLady2788 1 vote
Desiderata Valley
4%
cmbaker16EnkiSchmidtchaccePlacebo7 4 votes
La Fiesta Tech
2%
KaronEllupelluellu 2 votes
Pleasantview
53%
Piazzagirl1015LaBlue0314Rflong7PlayerSinger2010AnmirlaLadysimPlayer8RadioAChickenLouisaSMmommy19959699MINEZtwiddle3Javi182Galvis13VaidaHestiasikasika18johnny33duhboy2u2Alwe1507ashleyrenee210 51 votes
Riverblossom Hills
3%
Carpbeat24JACKIEJOYoliv3 3 votes
Sim State University
2%
StrawberryYogurtEricasFreePlay 2 votes
Strangetown
16%
UnDutchableParymitchiebanjoSpatzDevalaousBlueSpaarkledjavor1992Sigzy05Olivesplum06DoodlyDoofusSaritoBurritoMangoTangoTwistpixliXDSelenaPotterhzm02bella_goth 16 votes
Veronaville
5%
storyyJessabeansM13Vulpeculasimlanderx4m1r4 5 votes

Comments

• LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    edited January 2020
    Pleasantview
    Actually I have several favorites starting with Pleasantview, but the one I dislike the most is Veronaville. I moved all the Veronaville sims to Pleasantview. My game has Pleasantview as the main hood, and the other (main) hoods are now business districts.
  • KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    La Fiesta Tech
    @LaBlue0314 I like adding all of them to a main neighborhood too. Its quite fun to have all of them interacting with eachother. I had a save file were I was playing the Sunset Valley that was recreated in Sims 2 and I was planning on reaching Pleasantview's timeline, but I had to format my notebook and lost my progress. Now I'm doing the same, but this time I'm using a Sims 1 recreation to SIms 2. There's less sims there, I would feel really overwhelmed having to replaying almost 30 families to reach the point I was. Maybe in the future, once I forget my SV. haha
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Pleasantview
    Hi :)

I usually make my own but when playing the pre-made, I like Pleasantview the most. :)
  • LadysimPlayer8LadysimPlayer8 Posts: 775 Member
    Pleasantview
    My favourite is Pleasantview with Strangetown a very close second. :)
    It's not that I dislike Veronaville, it is just that I like my Sims to go downtown and I can't really do that without some fight breaking out. :D
    At the moment I have just tried merging Pleasantview and Strangetown (downtown district) and am really enjoying playing the game but takes ages to round the houses! :)
  • JACKIEJOYJACKIEJOY Posts: 802 Member
    Riverblossom Hills
    I usually use the templates but before I knew it was a thing, Riverblossom Hills was my go to hood. It looks so much like where I grew up.
    La Fiesta Tech
    I love PV too, but La Fiesta Tech has some unique characters there. I wish we could see what happened to them after they graduated in Sims 5.
  • DevalaousDevalaous Posts: 1,286 Member
    Strangetown
    And this poll is missing Four Corners, Bitville, Garden Heights and Mesa Flats ;p (I know, most Sims 2 players barely know these exist, and they arent natively part of Sims 2 itself). I'll say a bit about each neighbourhood.

Pleasantview is rife with dramas and everyone is interconnected, but I feel its best for returning players from Sims 1. Its also the neighbourhood that Bluewater Village, Downtown and Sim State University connect to canonically, so its the most important one, but im not always in the mood for the more realistic approach PV has.

Strangetown is the hotbed for the strange and bizarre sims, the only thing letting it down in PC is its small size; without making a custom neighbourhood and adding new lots, your not going to be adding all the extra canon people from the PSP version, or giving homes to graduates of LFT, the matching college for Strangetown

Veronaville ive never had much love for. The fact that every premade there is literally part of three families, and the architectural styles, and the fact you cannot play without some brawl or roaches infesting all your lots because of trashcan kickers, it always puts me off longterm play. At least its matching uni adds some diverse playables to the town, who must wonder 'why did I settle down HERE of all places?'

Sim State University is a fun place, its premades are all so normal and relatable. Ive taken a lot of them through college and into the main neighbourhoods, and its nice seeing them out and about in community lots after

La Fiesta Tech has gotten a lot of play from me due to connecting to Strangetown, and like Strangetown, it has some of the more interesting student characters, like the only other playable pure alien in the game, and the lazy guy that mostly just exists in his frat house, and the stuckup german woman who finds everything provincial. I just wish Strangetown was better equipped to house them after (not a problem for meanymore as I merge all the neighbourhoods now)

Academie Le Tour is...'ehhh' for the most part, its more serious than the other two, and connects to Veronaville. I have played all of the sims living here to completion, just to populate Veronaville with diverse residents, and the only family that really interested me here was the Sharpe family, due to its drama potential. In one of my games, the poor nerdy brother got beaten up by Jonah, moved out, then spent the rest of his semesters building robotics in the dorms, eventually giving every dorm the security bots that shock aggressors like the evil mascots. He made a little legacy there.

Downtown has no sims living in it sadly, but does have a good spot for a lot of uni graduates and family bin people to move into; its always where I move the Traveller and Roseland family to.

Bluewater Village is a place I'll never quite get to explore fully, as I generally find the OFB stuff too in your face and demanding, thus I still have not really done much with it. I do however like a bunch of the premades; one of my first ever Sims 2 games was with the Larson Twins, and Chester Gieke as a roommate that moved in a bit later. I also like the lady that sells flowers. Several of the people here feature in Sims 4 as cameos in item descriptions that tells what some of the residents got up to after Sims 2, so thats neat.

Riverblossom Hills is notable for being the only town with a premade playable occult, and its a bit of a wacky town. Like having that one family with the drama of having the wife abandon her family to...become a literal pirate? xD The only thing I dont really like about this neighbourhood is how pretty much EVERYONE has one of the new careers, it isnt too balanced out that way. Bonus points for the Ottomas family, playing this family is always pure chaos, as no home in the town has the room to house them properly.

Desiderata Valley is total filler, ive seen people try to recreate almost all the neighbourhoods from TS2 in TS3, and Desiderata Valley is always left out. For the most part its just....another town, that doesnt change things up enough. Would have been better as a sub-hood to me, as a little forgotten corner of Pleasantview where everyone living there is attuned to their hobbies.

Belladonna Cove is great, the town just feels so much more alive than the others, due to great world building. There are visible high class areas and slummy regions, even a section of the park thats clearly where all the downtrodden gather. The only thing I dont like is the careless building of its graveyard, I dont think its possible to ever see its intended grave placement. I have also never really seen the regular homes of this neighbourhood, for me its all about the apartments.

Four Corners, the main neighbourhood of Life Stories, is rather small, but due to this, you quickly get everyone in town knowing each other, and thanks to the story mode, you also really feel like you 'know' most of the residents. I want to get them all into proper Sims 2 with the townies intact one day. I like this little town enough that ive built the whole lot inside Sims 3. The homes are all really colourful too, they really pop out in comparison to Pleasantview homes.

Four Corners has a Freeplay alt which counts as its own neighbourhood; in this alternate reality version, Mickey, Agora, Dylan and Sharon are all gone, thier homes mysteriously intact and still furnished and 'lived in', and Riley, the main character, starts off in the family bin with a different lifetime wish and in deep red aspiration. I always percieve this version of the neighbourhood as a darker timeline when Dylan and Agora's plan works, and people die as a result. It at least explains why Riley wants to be a cop now, and starts off depressed. I always resurrect Bailey in the Fortuna family in this version, as theres no reason he should be dead in BOTH neighbourhoods. Add a little positivity to the darker version of Four Corners, right?

Bitville is great, its small like four corners but has so much going on for a neighbourhood its size; even the neighbourhood view looks so packed. Its supposed to be a haven for nerds and tech enthusiasts, if it were remade today it'd be very modern I think. The only thing I dont like is that the premades didnt get the same amount of care that Four Corners got; several sims have no bios or even family bios, and everyone but the main character and his eventual girlfriend starts off unemployed and with no skills. SimPE has to fix this in cases, like the old rich doctor, he needs to be edited to actually have his high paying doctor job.

Garden Heights is Dog City. Sims 2 Pets totally failed at the pets thing, by barely giving you any premade pets to showcase them, and generally not adding much to the game, you had to go out of your way to add the titular pets to your worlds. Garden Heights is all about the dogs, with dog shows, dog training parks, and most playables owning one. You meet all the residents except one during the story too, so your familiar with almost EVERYONE in town by the end. The design of the houses are also pretty neat, Garden Heights has its own 'character'

Mesa Flats is meant to be 'Cat City' to match Garden Heights, but really, theres not that many cats around. Given how independent cats are, its no surprise that the story here is more 'normal'. Mesa Flats is the second desert neighbourhood, but isnt anything at all like Strangetown. Its more like Lucky Palms really, and has a very artistic looking style to its homes. If this town was included in Sims 2 naturally without having to import it into the game, I think it would be many a player's favourite.

Arbor Falls is the final Sims 2 neighbourhood, and is a better attempt at Freeplay than Life Stories did; its a fullfledged neighbourhood, just like in Sims 2, with no story or goals, with a diverse cast of playables and their pets, and its own unique townies. Not many of the playables are 'notable', they are all largely just normal everyday folk, all but one of whom have pets. Its a unique looking town too, I feel it would be a sister town to Hidden Springs.

Clearly the best neighbourhood is the Tutorial though; a small selection of custom NPCs, and three seperate Tutorial Joes, two Tutorial Janes, and all the building space you could ask for, on a small island nation :D

My vote still goes to Strangetown however. Too many good memories of the place, like my family of bigfoots that I made, each with a different aspiration, or the werewolf family, or the inventor that made 20+ Servos for the town before mysteriously dying, leaving a legacy all over town with a small servo workforce, some of whom were experimental occult models.
    Rebuilding Sims 2 inside Sims 3 one lot and sim at a time.

See my Sims 3 studio for latest progress.
  • KendranaKendrana Posts: 4,064 Member
    Pleasantview
    Pleasantview is my favorite. It has the best stories, in my opinion.
  • 3ndie3ndie Posts: 5 New Member
    Pleasantview
    Definetly Pleasantview for me. I have too many memories attached to it and it was always my go-to town when playing the Sims 2. I find the characters and their backgrounds really interesting too, it makes the town seem more dynamic especially with some families clashing and such.
  • TM3305TM3305 Posts: 46 Member
    Pleasantview
    Pleasantview is definitely my favourite neighbourhood but there are others that I am fond of, so your getting a list (I’m sorry)
    1)Pleasantview
    2)Belladonna Cove
    3)Riverblossom Hills
    4)Bluewater Village
    5)Veronaville
    6)SSU
    7)Strangetown
    8)LFT
    9)Desiderata Valley
    10)Academie Le Tour

Note: I’ve never played with ALT and haven’t used Desiderata Valley too much.
    edited January 2020
    La Fiesta Tech
    @Devalaous sorry, not sorry... The forum doesn't allow us to add more than 10 options. But you can vote on a separate poll I made here: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/971751/popularity-contest-which-is-your-favorite-stories-neighborhood#latest

Also, about BWV I know what object descriptions you're talking about in SIms 4, but I don't take them as canon information because its all messed up. Its about Checo Ramirez and Stephen Tinker that started a TV program where they try to find beautiful/unique/expensive objects and art on unusual places, each object description is set on a different Sims 3 world, which would be impossible. For example, there's a Twinbrook one that mentions Buddy Bailey and Gala Ball, but its not possible because both Checo and Stephen wouldn't even have parents born yet. Twimbrook is set way before Sunset Valley.
  • M13VulpeculaM13Vulpecula Posts: 19,718 Member
    edited January 2020
    Veronaville
    Veronaville is pretty much my go-to town when playing premades. :)
    Banner.png
  • DevalaousDevalaous Posts: 1,286 Member
    Strangetown
    Karon wrote: »
    @Devalaous sorry, not sorry... The forum doesn't allow us to add more than 10 options. But you can vote on a separate poll I made here: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/971751/popularity-contest-which-is-your-favorite-stories-neighborhood#latest

Also, about BWV I know what object descriptions you're talking about in SIms 4, but I don't take them as canon information because its all messed up. Its about Checo Ramirez and Stephen Tinker that started a TV program where they try to find beautiful/unique/expensive objects and art on unusual places, each object description is set on a different Sims 3 world, which would be impossible. For example, there's a Twinbrook one that mentions Buddy Bailey and Gala Ball, but its not possible because both Checo and Stephen wouldn't even have parents born yet. Twimbrook is set way before Sunset Valley.

Well, not canon to the Sims 1-2-3 timeline yeah, 4 is an alternate reality. Still, its neat in its own way
    Rebuilding Sims 2 inside Sims 3 one lot and sim at a time.

See my Sims 3 studio for latest progress.
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,338 Member
    Desiderata Valley
    In terms of which one is the most beautiful and feels most real, I think I need to give this one to Riverblossom Hills.

But Desiderata is where I had the best time of my Sims 2 simming. It's where I started actually playing with the premades (including the family bin sims) and adding populated subhoods (starting small with Bluewater). I found a nice balance between my own OCs and the game's characters, developed my story goal focused playstyle (before that I played more for efficieny than for story, although there was always at least some story going on) and introduced mods to my game. Eight years of dedication, then the hood died with my computer (in fact, Sims 2 more or less slowly killed that one).

And then Windenburg usurped Desiderata's place. I think they both have just the right amount of sketchy backstory/characterisation to spark my imagination, but not too much for me to feel railroaded, the way it happened with the three main 'hoods. In a way, Desiderata being a filler is a plus instead of a shortcoming for me.
  • Javi182Javi182 Posts: 63 Member
    Pleasantview
    Pleasantview because its the first neighborhood I ever played on, it always overwhelms me with nostalgia when I play it. :D
    La Fiesta Tech
    @Devalaous I know sims 4 is AU, but I never thought abou the objects being on on universe or the other, now that your saying... makes sense. haha I wish they would actually add the characters they mentioned in the descriptions like they did to Princess Cordelia.
  • EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 849 Member
    Sim State University
    There are a few missing that I have in my game: Riverside, Garden Heights, Arbor Falls, Mesa Flats, and Sedona. I have played each but my favorite is Sim State University in every neighborhood. I have played most of my college students there.
    La Fiesta Tech
    @EricasFreePlay I didn't include Riverside or Sedona, cuz they aren't official. As for the "Stories" neighborhoods, I'll make a separate poll at some point. hehe
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    Sim State University
    I always make my own neighborhoods and play in them so really its mine thats my favorite! I say the college I guess because there is one blue haired guy in the directory I usually make one of my sims fall for.
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • miwa09miwa09 Posts: 373 Member
    Pleasantview
    I barely use any of the pre-made neighbourhoods (except the universities... man, I should've voted one of those!) but Pleasantview has interesting families and backstories, so I'm just voting that.
  • BohoFlowerBohoFlower Posts: 143 Member
    Pleasantview
    Same Pleasantview LOL but Riverblossom Hills was fun too but Pleasantview was just so classic Sims you can't shake that.
    La Fiesta Tech
    @BohoFlower yes, the continuity makes PV the best. I wish they had added other families from SIms 1 like the Mashuga, the Roomies, Hatfield, etc to other neighborhoods.
  • PhoenixArrandePhoenixArrande Posts: 106 Member
    Pleasantview
    Pleasantview just has this charm to it...I can't really explain it! Lol! :D Veronaville would be second. They both have a storyline that's "alive" (if you get what I mean). I still play the other hoods, but only Pleasantview gets me super excited every time I think about it!
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,934 Member
    edited May 2020
    Belladonna Cove
    Belladonna Cove, because there's so much flat land and you can also place a lot of beaches. Plus there's a secret tucked away from the camera's reach. Desiderata Valley comes in second.

Pleasantview just has this charm to it...I can't really explain it! Lol! :D Veronaville would be second. They both have a storyline that's "alive" (if you get what I mean). I still play the other hoods, but only Pleasantview gets me super excited every time I think about it!

I get what you mean. Not only the fact that families have memories and have their photo album filled with pictures, but there are also things that happen within first days you play with them (Cassandra getting left by the altar, Mary-Sue getting a chance card that either gets her fired or demoted etc) and wants that roll (Daniel's want to woohoo with the maid etc). Plus Pleasantview is full of drama (there is a huge "love network" where even a maid is involved).
  • PhoenixArrandePhoenixArrande Posts: 106 Member
    Pleasantview
    EgonVM wrote: »
    Belladonna Cove, because there's so much flat land and you can also place a lot of beaches. Plus there's a secret tucked away from the camera's reach. Desiderata Valley comes in second.

I get what you mean. Not only the fact that families have memories and have their photo album filled with pictures, but there are also things that happen within first days you play with them (Cassandra getting left by the altar, Mary-Sue getting a chance card that either gets her fired or demoted etc) and wants that roll (Daniel's want to woohoo with the maid etc). Plus Pleasantview is full of drama (there is a huge "love network" where even a maid is involved).

Yep! It's too bad the devs didn't really do all that with the other hoods, but I guess they were trying to leave room for the player to drive the story.