Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do You Care What Your Sims Eat?

phantasmkissphantasmkiss Posts: 1,520 Member
Once I learned that Sims' food has hidden calories, I started making sure the fridge was stocked with fish-themed dinners. They're lazy, so they'll grab leftovers rather than making butternut gnocchi, and so they stay the weight I set them at. If not for calories, I wouldn't care at all.

Do you care? Comment to tell me why!

Edit:
For the curious, a guide on calories, hunger, and weight in Sims 4: https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/tutorials/calories.php
4TJdLHA.png
Tumblr | Sims 4 Gallery | Sims 3 Page
Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
Give Me a Story, I'll Give You a Build | The Bunker Challenge | CowplantSports
Post edited by phantasmkiss on

Do You Care What Your Sims Eat? 191 votes

No
43%
auroraael14SandySimalexspoom13Colorist40imhappysam123Isb917CamelotBloosmooasimbsimlisfyreMeteoraStormBoergeAarg61simgirl1010fruitsbasket101safersaviourkeenowashcrash19Hestiataydev 83 votes
Yes
56%
Akl500PFrn0731vancanuckfan86bshag4lvKita5399CheesySimsLoverstoryyAlexaiTWSimGamer82StilettoBlackpoemetragurlMontrase102CorkysPetalskeekee53StrangerthanThunderbat87Pipersfun2haneulinvisiblgirlMariefoxprice83 108 votes

Comments

• KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,370 Member
    Yes
    Yes, but not always. I have Sims that I want to stay the way they are, I let them eat food that won't make them gain weight. Then I have Sims that I won't mind getting some extra weight, they can eat more variety of foods.
    I never usually make my Sims eat cakes unless it's someone's birthday, except I have one household which includes two women who eat cakes, ice creams and all the other high calorie foods all the time. The other one of them is a glutton and the other one is a cook. ;)
  • NationalPokedexNationalPokedex Posts: 829 Member
    Yes
    I care what they eat in the sense that I like to think they have preferences for some foods over others. I have some Sims where they primarily eat foods that require using chopsticks, or some Sims preference fish and white meat over red meat, stuff like that. Not necessarily keeping in mind weight/calories.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    No
    I let them eat tons of junk food then go to CAS and pull their stomachs in 🙈🙈🙈🙈
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • NRoweNRowe Posts: 7,877 Member
    Yes
    I have mine eat ‘breakfast’ foods in the morning and other meals in the evening.
    I also try to set myself a rule that they can only make meals including fresh ingredients IF they have the fresh ingredients.
    Guess that makes me super picky.

When and only when I notice a Sim is getting ‘chubby’ do I put them on a ‘diet’ ;)
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    There are calories????
  • OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    Yes
    There are calories????

Not per se, but if your sims go around eating roast chicken every day they will pack on the pounds.
  • Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member
    Yes
    OEII1001 wrote: »
    There are calories????

Not per se, but if your sims go around eating roast chicken every day they will pack on the pounds.

Which is one of those weird sims nutrition things, because so many of the "gourmet" dishes that pack on the sims pounds are super-nutritious in real life. I mean... roast chicken is literally just chicken with maybe lemon juice, maybe herbs, maybe vegetables. It's incredibly low-cal.
  • Kristy983Kristy983 Posts: 26 Member
    Yes
    It depends on the challenge I've set for myself. I like to use the gardening trait a lot, so its fun to only let my sims eat what they've grown themselves. I'd love more salad options or veggie meals that use items from the inventory.
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    There are calories????

Huh. Wild. I didn't even realize that.
  • titletownbeasttitletownbeast Posts: 17 Member
    It's difficult to keep track of what they eat. Especially because they get hungry so often. I don't mind having plus sized sims either. They can't die of not eating well so what's the point?
  • OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    edited January 2020
    Yes
    Amapola76 wrote: »
    There are calories????

Which is one of those weird sims nutrition things, because so many of the "gourmet" dishes that pack on the sims pounds are super-nutritious in real life. I mean... roast chicken is literally just chicken with maybe lemon juice, maybe herbs, maybe vegetables. It's incredibly low-cal.

I think that the implication is that you're taking your roasted chicken with mashed potatos and gravy and all kinds of high-calorie foods and condiments. It's quite literally a whole bird roasted like a thanksgiving turkey
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,472 Member
    No
    Interesting question. No, I don't care what they eat but I just let them eat a variety of food and not like the same one all the time. 😂
    My Top Song of the Day: Fancy Footwork by Chromeo
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Yes
    To an extent, yes. I make sure they avoid salads unless I want them to lose weight and avoid cakes unless I want them to gain weight. Everything else is whatever.
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    Yes
    Absolutely, there will be no chicken stir fry for breakfast in these houses bub. :D I am very picky what my sims eat, then again most have the gardening skill, cooking skill and baking skill so there's usually lots of stuff to choose from.

I use graycurse's food mod and receipes and also Leniad's from Sims 4 Studio so my sims' gardens are pretty big. I love that part of the game!
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    Yes
    Not in terms of weight gain or anything like that. I just make sure they eat realistically, and aren't doing things like eating cookies for breakfast and omelettes for dinner.
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    No
    I like my sims to be well-rounded in the kitchen and learn a variety of recipes. None of them are ones to make cakes though. They just eat normal through the regular and gourmet menus.

I like them to make franks and beans occasionally too! :D
  • iliekponieziliekponiez Posts: 454 Member
    No
    Weight is easy to lose with taste of diet ice cream!
  • FinvolaFinvola Posts: 1,041 Member
    Yes
    I don't monitor everything they eat but I try to make sure they cook healthy food to balance out unhealthy food. Sometimes I don't pay attention and only notice once they've gained a substantial amount of weight.
  • LquinnLquinn Posts: 385 Member
    Yes
    In one of "Carl's Sim 4 Guides" he gives a list of foods and there calories. Some foods do not have a calorie amount, but hopefully this will be fixed in the future. It shouldn't be too hard to do, as long as the programming was done right. I would think it was, most programmers take a lot of pride in their code.
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    Yes
    I don't care so much about calories except that I don't let them eat lots of cakes and desserts. I often throw away the birthday cake after the candles go out or I might allow them to get a slice before I drag it to the trash.

I do give my sims food preferences and tendencies so that they aren't all eating the same things. In terms of weight, I try not tot let them keep eating if they are full. When they are hungry, I let them eat whatever fits their tastes. J/k.

I often stack up leftovers, so sometimes they will make a new meal or they will grab leftovers.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    Yes
    Yes but not because of the weight thing. Mine all exercise enough that it rarely is an issue and when it is i either let them gain or feed them diet ice cream haha

I just like them to try lots of new things, or to eat things that I would enjoy personally. And for example, i make the kids eat their vegies before they are allowed any cake haha
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    edited January 2020
    Yes
    I micromange most of my Sims, so when they're just starting out they only make salads until their cooking skill has increased in order to avoid noobie fires. lol After that, I have a Google doc listing the calorie content of foods in the game someone shared on the forum. I'll use that list to choose which foods they'll eat that have no calories or are low calories. They will also eat a lot of harvestables. Great for a quick meal with no idle animations and they get a nice moodlet boost for it.

When aging up, they can have one slice of cake to celebrate and then I drag the cake to the trash. They almost never eat gourmet meals, most of them are full of calories. If I have a Culinary Sim who need to prepare an abundance of meals, I'll drag what they cook to the trash unless it's low/no cal. Sims learning the CL food stall recipes or DO experimental meals will go jogging, do yoga, boxing, run on the treadmill, etc., if I notice they're getting a bit chunky. It depends on their traits/personality what they'll do.

Why am I so obsessive about keeping them fit? Well, after having children I gained a lot of weight and was obese. About 5 years ago I was determined to get fit again like I was in my youth. I followed an online program called My Fitness Pal that helped me keep track of my daily calories, starting eating healthy foods and running. I lost 66 lbs. So, I like to keep my Sims fit and healthy and not let them fall down the rabbit hole I did. Just my own personal preference. :)
  • Gareeth1Gareeth1 Posts: 3 New Member
    No
    I care as far as I prefer they eat breakfast food at breakfast and so on. As most of my SIms wind up with max cooking and gardening the other thing I care about it that they learn new recipes.

I've never worried about the calories as it's a lot easier to keep a Sim active than a person. I have a family of 6 that eats lots of the things people say will pack on the pounds and despite only one adult having a career that requires fitness the other two sometimes actually want to do things . As there is a boxing thing in the home the other adult Sims get the desire to use it and if this makes them energized they then want to jog. I do have them put the food away if they are full which might help,

I like a variety of Sims though so I even make some quite heavy as why replicate what is often an unhealthy obsession with weight in a setting we have absolute control over? So if the more typical sized gain a bit of weight so be it.
  • StilettoBlackStilettoBlack Posts: 3,844 Member
    Yes
    My food critic needs to eat 4 dishes in Uptown. FOUR! I need to watch what she eats or she will be HUGE. Thank goodness for the taste of diet icecream.
    What is up with food critics needing to paint graffiti? It's just not normal. She needs to do that after eating her four meals. Sims are so crazy.