Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How old are you?

Comments

• Zenith25Zenith25 Posts: 185 Member
    I'm 46. My 71 yr old Dad sometimes plays Sims too.

You're never too old or too young for Sims! :)
  • TribbleTruffleTribbleTruffle Posts: 25 Member
    I'm in the 40s range.
  • Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,303 Member
    edited January 2020
    Ok, I'll let on to my 'age' then. :)
    I started with Simcity 2000. I actually skipped school to play that game. Anyone that played it gets the joke of when you randomize the map, the voice said, "Reticulating splines". And there was so many Llama jokes in that game, haha!
    This is my first "The Sims" game with Sims 4.
    I also played Sim Ant on Nintendo. That was a tough game.
    I honestly found the original "The Sims" so boring. But after seeing videos online of Sims 4, I bought it, and love it now.
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    edited January 2020
    So_Money wrote: »
    Old enough to know better.
    ...but young enough to do it, anyway? Me too!

I’ve actually never heard this part of the expression lol. I’m 35.
  • DustyDusty Posts: 44 Member
    I'm probably the oldest person on this board
    7B2hMRQ.gif
  • AelisahAelisah Posts: 11 New Member
    We oldies play sims 4 to imagine how our IRL could be if we were rich / had nothing to lose XD ;)
    Kidding~

I believe tho that on a forum the audience is 'generally' older.. Due to when you're young, you either direct chat, voicechat just play the game together rather than posting where you have to wait for a reply.
    Ever since I'm working office jobs, I'm way more active on any game forum than I was before :x
  • AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    I think the official forums is not representative of the overall community, most of us here have been playing the sims since forever and are, as the poll suggests older than in other online spaces.

I agree however that they shouldn't put so much focus on that target market they set themselves as a focus. They should embrace the diversity of this community and I am not talking about LGBT+ (they embrace that diversity), I am talking about the diversity in age.

There are many players that started with The Sims and have not stopped ever since, and I always feel that we are forgotten in many ways. For example, in the recent campaign with that cringe video where they didn't allow simmers over 25 to participate.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,175 Member
    am 32, though I am curious for 60+ though xD no seriously who is 60? o.o

67 years young and playing since the Original Sim.
    Was going through a divorce and it helped keep me busy and entertained at the same time.

"Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • LuvMySimzLuvMySimz Posts: 642 Member
    edited January 2020
    I’m in my 50ies and I play the Sims since 2004. Skipped TS3 bc I was sooo sad when TS2 ended. Purchased TS4 in 2014 and still love the game, but nowadays creating/recoloring more than actually playing and love to help others with game issues.

Edit: Typos
    Post edited by LuvMySimz on
    „ - Criticism may not be agreeable, but it's sometimes necessary - “

• GageaGagea Posts: 1,274 Member
    edited January 2020
    Gagea wrote: »

Yes with last post on August 2019. Here in the english forum it isn‘t very welcomed to bump an ol‘ thread ;)

• ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    edited January 2020
    I've played all of the versions of this game at some point but I also sometimes eat avocado toast. Make of that what you will.
    Post edited by ChampandGirlie on
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    I'm in the forgotten era (40's). I've been a simmer for nearly half my life now (started in 2000 with Sims 1. I don't consider simcity and all that as my simmer days, even though I did play simcity before 2000).
    p8L4V6v.png
  • DustyDusty Posts: 44 Member
    > @Bluegayle said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > 67 years young and playing since the Original Sim.
    > Was going through a divorce and it helped keep me busy and entertained at the same time.

You have me beat by seven years. So I guest I'm not the oldest on the board. I tip my hat to you.
    7B2hMRQ.gif
  • SilentVixenYTSilentVixenYT Posts: 17 Member
    I'm 24 and started playing the sims in 2001, because my mum owned the first game, and then become obsessed lol
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited January 2020
    18, I was obsessed with My Sims for my entire childhood and I've been obsessed with The Sims for my entire teen years. Also I didn't realise there was such a big older audience here wow I was expecting to feel old looking at this but instead I feel like an infant lol
  • BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,175 Member
    Dusty wrote: »
    > @Bluegayle said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > 67 years young and playing since the Original Sim.
    > Was going through a divorce and it helped keep me busy and entertained at the same time.

You have me beat by seven years. So I guest I'm not the oldest on the board. I tip my hat to you.

Ha Ha Not sure I like being the winner but thank you. I hope to still be playing for years to come. One of the advantages of being retired is time to play but the downside is the income.

Been snowed in for a bit and thank goodness my power stayed on and could continue playing. Happy Simming
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    The vast majority of Sims 4 players is probably not to be found on these forums. I also do believe that most players fall into the 'young female' category. But that doesn't mean that there is only a handful of those who fall outside it. Does anyone know the actual size of the Sims 4 playerbase? I'm guessing several thousands...

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• auroraael14auroraael14 Posts: 988 Member
    edited January 2020
    It would be hard to poll the whole simmer base but I also don't believe that their target audience should be young females when there are so many people that don't fit into that category. I like the latest survey they did. In fact, I feel like those kinds of surveys would be more beneficial to the sims than them trying to cater to a certain age or gender.
    Check out my gallery for house builds! Username: aejp24
  • AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,835 Member
    Still clinging to that forgotten category...

wait, that makes me sound like someone who has been celebrating their 30th birthday for the last 15 years.
    I AM still in that category until later in the summer.
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • xoJessixoJessi Posts: 1,859 Member
    edited January 2020
    Where's the category for Timelords? :/:(
  • Kristy983Kristy983 Posts: 26 Member
    31, been playing since whenever Sims 1 came out!
  • KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    Its oviously going to attract more girls if you market it as a doll house. They don't even try to be gender neutral.
  • Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,303 Member
    edited January 2020
    Interesting.
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png