Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why is it called Try for Baby?

13...Next

Comments

• AnitalifegurlAnitalifegurl Posts: 281 Member
    MaxieMix wrote: »
    Its a simpler term for adult 'woohoo' :B

Okay.
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    edited January 2020

Yeah, that sounds like a big family. What aspiration that you need to have exactly 4 grandkids for?

I got my set of twins on the 3rd try, lol.

I think it's the Big Happy Family aspiration... I could be off though, maybe successful lineage I'd have to double check to be 100% sure, definitely one of the 3 Family related ones though. You can have more than 4 grandkids for it, but you need at least 4 to complete it. (You also need at least 3 children for it as you have to become "good friends with at least 3 of your kids" (and then later good friends with at least 4 "kids or grandkids" ) but another one just says "have 4 grandkids".

When I did 100 baby I used a house on the ley line so I had twins almost every time (and 3 sets of triplets as well haha)

Yeah, that sounds like a big family. What aspiration that you need to have exactly 4 grandkids for?

I got my set of twins on the 3rd try, lol.

I think it's the Big Happy Family aspiration... I could be off though, maybe successful lineage I'd have to double check to be 100% sure, definitely one of the 3 Family related ones though. You can have more than 4 grandkids for it, but you need at least 4 to complete it. (You also need at least 3 children for it as you have to become "good friends with at least 3 of your kids" (and then later good friends with at least 4 "kids or grandkids" ) but another one just says "have 4 grandkids".

When I did 100 baby I used a house on the ley line so I had twins almost every time (and 3 sets of triplets as well haha)

Okay, next time I'll need to check Linda's aspiration goals, cause I think she's all about family XD And I don't know what her aspiration goals are XD But she hasn't be complaining about no grand kids yet. Lol, though one of the daughters came back from school once thinking about a diaper. XD So idk maybe she's hoping to have kids in the future from that thought. But that's a total guess. Thanks for the help with it :3 Cause Linda might have the same aspiration. Though she's elderly now, idk, being able to see grandkids might be hard unless I mess with some ages XD
  • davidsaradavidsara Posts: 117 Member
    Simsandra wrote: »
    You're welcome 😊

If the mother is an adult, it sometimes takes me 5 tries to get her pregnant, also she gets a sad moodlet from it. I only had it once for a young adult whatsoever.

Thanks, you have a wonderful time too :)

i believe mood impacts the success rate, happy and flirty increasing the chance.
    davidsara wrote: »
    Simsandra wrote: »
    You're welcome 😊

If the mother is an adult, it sometimes takes me 5 tries to get her pregnant, also she gets a sad moodlet from it. I only had it once for a young adult whatsoever.

Thanks, you have a wonderful time too :)

i believe mood impacts the success rate, happy and flirty increasing the chance.

Ohhh, if mood impacts success rate, then that'll be interesting to see if I can make some sims try for baby when they aren't in the mood to see if it fails.
  • Simsister2004Simsister2004 Posts: 3,536 Member
    My sims have definitely had a pregnancy attempt fail now and then.

Aw I'm so sorry to hear that. Maybe it'll improve as time goes on? And it'll become less of the norm. Thanks for commenting.

Why are you "sorry"? My sims really like to try for baby several times, even if they succeed the first time. LOL
  • x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    I have few Sims that unable to conceive multiple times although both of the Sims have a great woohoo & in a flirty mood. I don't know what is the reason, perhaps, it's a monthly thing for my female Sims? I don't know. Maybe both Sims have fertility issues? I don't know either. But, it makes it a little bit interesting too.
    OID:- x4m1r4
    Leaxxie wrote: »
    > @Simsandra said:
    > Elder women can't get pregnant, but elders can die from woohoo 😂
    >
    > I have most of my children during young adulthood, but sometimes I make a baby or two when my sims are about to age up to elders xD

So if an elder dies from woohoo'ing do they become a ghost who is just happy all the time? lol

It would be so funny if a ghost is happy if they died from woohooing. XDD

I can assure you that, they are not that happy. They died due to overexertion. :#
    My sims have definitely had a pregnancy attempt fail now and then.

Aw I'm so sorry to hear that. Maybe it'll improve as time goes on? And it'll become less of the norm. Thanks for commenting.

Why are you "sorry"? My sims really like to try for baby several times, even if they succeed the first time. LOL

I was being sensitive over some of the pregnancy attempts had failed every now and then for you. Lol, yeah, Sims seem to enjoy woohooing for a baby many times! :smiley:
    xamira99 wrote: »
    I have few Sims that unable to conceive multiple times although both of the Sims have a great woohoo & in a flirty mood. I don't know what is the reason, perhaps, it's a monthly thing for my female Sims? I don't know. Maybe both Sims have fertility issues? I don't know either. But, it makes it a little bit interesting too.

Yeah that's interesting. My sims don't seem to have any issue with fertility so far. Well, not counting the offsprings of the Stein family. They are all teens currently, so I don't know if any of their daughters or sons lack fertility yet. But with mine, Mr. & Mrs. Stein had 5 successful pregnancies. And it's awesome! Though, it can be less exciting for the big news if the player can already tell if the sim is pregnant or not right after the woohooing by her actions. It's so predictable when it's so successful, so in a weird way I hope I'll get not as fertile Sims in the future so it surprising when a couple of mine can't conceive. It'd be something different for me to experience :/
    Leaxxie wrote: »
    > @Simsandra said:
    > Elder women can't get pregnant, but elders can die from woohoo 😂
    >
    > I have most of my children during young adulthood, but sometimes I make a baby or two when my sims are about to age up to elders xD

So if an elder dies from woohoo'ing do they become a ghost who is just happy all the time? lol

It would be so funny if a ghost is happy if they died from woohooing. XDD

I can assure you that, they are not that happy. They died due to overexertion. :#

It would be funny if death by woohooing would make a sim ghost happy. BUT it's understandable that they wouldn't be happy about it afterwards cause it would suck to die, even when it's a fun activity in the moment of death. Thank you :3

Yeah that's interesting. My sims don't seem to have any issue with fertility so far. Well, not counting the offsprings of the Stein family. They are all teens currently, so I don't know if any of their daughters or sons lack fertility yet. But with mine, Mr. & Mrs. Stein had 5 successful pregnancies. And it's awesome! Though, it can be less exciting for the big news if the player can already tell if the sim is pregnant or not right after the woohooing by her actions. It's so predictable when it's so successful, so in a weird way I hope I'll get not as fertile Sims in the future so it surprising when a couple of mine can't conceive. It'd be something different for me to experience :/

It's kinda devastating for me when my Sims can't conceive. :s Since I'm playing with multiple household, it's worse if I can't get them conceive before the end of the rotation cycle since I can only try for baby in the next cycle so they won't gave birth when I'm playing with a different household. :#

You have such a big household. It's pretty impressive to taking care such big family. Perhaps, it's going to be a trait that even the offsprings are fertile too. But who knows, if their spouses are not. ;)

It's kinda devastating for me when my Sims can't conceive. :s Since I'm playing with multiple household, it's worse if I can't get them conceive before the end of the rotation cycle since I can only try for baby in the next cycle so they won't gave birth when I'm playing with a different household. :#

You have such a big household. It's pretty impressive to taking care such big family. Perhaps, it's going to be a trait that even the offsprings are fertile too. But who knows, if their spouses are not. ;)

I'm so sorry that it's possible you won't be playing as that couple when they give birth. But I hope they can eventually have a baby. But if not, you could adopt in Sims 4.

Yeah I wouldn't be surprised if all the kids are well fertile too. XD
  • SilentVixenYTSilentVixenYT Posts: 17 Member
    > @Rhiannonraven said:
    > I really wish there could be accidental pregnancies. I think everything with pregnancy is just too predictable. Things I would like to see are:
    > * Accidental pregnancies
    > * Accidental teen pregnancies
    > * Quadruplets (very rare)
    > * Less predictable genders from things like eating certain foods and listening to certain music. Maybe more things that affect gender in everyday life so it's less controllable unless you put in a lot of effort or just nothing that affects gender. Or maybe some person you have to visit and pay money to to give your baby the gender you want, although that's a little creepy.
    > * Miscarriage or still birth chance
    > * Mental/physical genetic issues for kids that affect their lifestyle
    > * Possibility to have premature or late births. Premature babies could have to stay at the hospital for a bit if you have Get To Work installed.
    > * Baby and toddler stage combined so that babies slowly learn and are taught by parents to walk and play with toddler things. They start out always in a crib unless being played with by parents, once skills are high enough they can leave the crib themselves and basically become toddlers as we know them currently. The life stage would be longer than 1 week. Babies currently are just so boring and pointless so this would give parents a reason to interact with the babies so they gain skills. I think it would be way more fun.
    >
    >
    > That's all my pregnancy/baby rants for today!

Love these ideas, especially making it more realistic with things like premature and late births, plus i think it will also open the younger generations eyes and minds to these sorts of things happening
  • RhiannonravenRhiannonraven Posts: 128 Member
    > @Rhiannonraven said:
    > I really wish there could be accidental pregnancies. I think everything with pregnancy is just too predictable. Things I would like to see are:
    > * Accidental pregnancies
    > * Accidental teen pregnancies
    > * Quadruplets (very rare)
    > * Less predictable genders from things like eating certain foods and listening to certain music. Maybe more things that affect gender in everyday life so it's less controllable unless you put in a lot of effort or just nothing that affects gender. Or maybe some person you have to visit and pay money to to give your baby the gender you want, although that's a little creepy.
    > * Miscarriage or still birth chance
    > * Mental/physical genetic issues for kids that affect their lifestyle
    > * Possibility to have premature or late births. Premature babies could have to stay at the hospital for a bit if you have Get To Work installed.
    > * Baby and toddler stage combined so that babies slowly learn and are taught by parents to walk and play with toddler things. They start out always in a crib unless being played with by parents, once skills are high enough they can leave the crib themselves and basically become toddlers as we know them currently. The life stage would be longer than 1 week. Babies currently are just so boring and pointless so this would give parents a reason to interact with the babies so they gain skills. I think it would be way more fun.
    >
    >
    > That's all my pregnancy/baby rants for today!

Love these ideas, especially making it more realistic with things like premature and late births, plus i think it will also open the younger generations eyes and minds to these sorts of things happening

Haha, I think I am technically part of the younger generation, but yes I agree.