Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How could the Outdoor Retreat GP be improved?

13...Next

Comments

• Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,453 Member
    Justine Keaton.

And boat fishing.
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,885 Member
    Karon wrote: »
    Simmingal wrote: »
    Lemon405 wrote: »
    Simmingal wrote: »
    some possibilities that come to mind:

1.more woodworking stuff your sims could make

2. more cabin furniture and build things to make cabins

3. werewolves could be there in the woods i mean true some people would hate another occult but would fit right in
    or bigfoot or such

4. or even just actual bears not costume

5. birdwatching be nice add here

6. interactive animals in general

7. log rolling

8. slap dance

9. open water lakes since tbh what is the point of lakes if I can't swim and boat in them

10. ladders (jk more of base game update if anything but many cabins here have them so idk man)

11. making rafts? (if boats are too similar)

Maybe no dances or songs... anyone remember the Sea Chanty vacation plague from Sims 2? The last thing I want is every Sim in game randomly cutting loose with a slap dance. 😂

idk man i love me some dance styles even if it is silly thats lowkey what saved JA for me since tbh i hardly use vacation aspects of it

@Simmingal I love JA's new dance style hahaha its the best thing in forever

agreed

I wish I could have couple version of it though
    so if they ever add couple dancing please update some couple rumba for JA it would make me very happy
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • KirbySkywalkerKirbySkywalker Posts: 511 Member
    Maybe there could be a reward for vacationing. After I vacation I feel relaxed and stress free for about half a week. Maybe after returning from vacation you could get a moodlet for 4 days that keeps your fun from decaying and prevents you from getting stressed. Maybe that would give an incentive to go.
  • RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,138 Member
    I thought of something for us insect and herb collectors. I'd love if sims with high enough herbalism could unlock the command to "search for ingredients" resulting in them autonomously wandering around and collecting stuff.
  • catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    catitude5 wrote: »
    It could have been prettier.

Totally disagree. It's already quite pretty.

RrRBS3V.png

It's a forest, what were you expecting...? A Cinderella palace?

No, I was expecting trees that actually look more like trees, and too many of the same trees over and over.
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    edited January 2020
    Karon wrote: »
    I want a residential portion of both Granite Falls and Selvadorada to be patched in. I don't need it to be a full world, but an extra neighborhood for them... maybe 5 lots each. I was so angry when JA came out and the latin-community was relegated to being randomly generated/boring/ugly sims.

Also, having more insects in other worlds + herbs in other worlds would be really cool... Like expanding this feature/tying it up with other packs.

@Simmerville I hate the human bear... It should've been Claire The Bear from Sims 1. Like... a real bear.

@Lemon405 Maybe a summer camp for kids would be cool. Like, you can travel with only your kid and then there would be other kids form other households to interact and new activities to do. Maybe a fat-kids summer camp, a scouting summer-camp, a girls-only summer camp, a boys-only summer camp, a nerdy/improve their grades summer camp...

I was going to say something like this, except I was going to say maybe they could tie it in with the scouting activity they added with Seasons.
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I didn't vote for this in the top three for revamping in the recent survey but actually, I'd be really on board with it.

I actually send sims there quite a bit but they need more to do.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • TopNotchToddlerTopNotchToddler Posts: 190 Member
    edited January 2020
    • Nights in the woods would have to be spookier. A few sound effects to set the atmosphere: wolfs, owls, etc. Telling the story of The Hook at the campfire, with a flashlight under the narrator's chin. Some kind of outdoor Monster-under-the-Bed for younger Sims.
    • Less annoying bears by day, more mischievous bears at night.
    • More dangers - right now it's easier to die at university than in the wilderness.
    • Poisonous spiders. Flesh eating larvae. Jason Voorhees at the lake.
    • More interactive terrain - in the meantime we have enough animations to steal from the base game and Fitness Stuff pack to send our sims climbing and swimming.
    • I always wanted the individual packs to feel more like a whole game instead of single, unconnected modules. Outdoor Retreat would be great for crossovers with other packs, e.g. Seasons (scouts), Jungle Adventure (herbalism/insects), Realm of Magic (herbalism/potions).
    • I wish the Hermit wasn't some random sim but a premade with some backstory for the sims to discover. They sound like so much fun, but in the end there is nothing that sets them apart from any other NPC.

Post edited by TopNotchToddler on
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    It could have been prettier.

Totally disagree. It's already quite pretty.

RrRBS3V.png

It's a forest, what were you expecting...? A Cinderella palace?

No, I was expecting trees that actually look more like trees, and too many of the same trees over and over.

Have...you ever been to a forest?
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • JACKIEJOYJACKIEJOY Posts: 802 Member
    Until or maybe if they upgrade it, I edit the the park with a weird shaped swimming pool to look like a pond, add the monkey bars and the toddler gym and mostly have my Sims sleep there in tents. It gives a decent outdoor vacation feel.