Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Let's watch: The Sims 4 Tiny Living Livestream

Comments

• Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    edited January 2020
    MsShaSha wrote: »
    ^^ The off the grid trait should be totally compatible with this pack! You can still use lot traits for this new lot type so having a TIny Home Residential with the Off the Grid lot trait is totally valid and will work well together! Sorry if I am misunderstanding the issue. :smile:

Oh no, you explained it just fine, @SimGuruNinja , I meant the murphy beds specifically... in the current state of the Off the Grid lot trait the murphy beds don't work because they're consider electric. Yet, very few who live Off Grid go without power... or cell phones, or internet or amazingly warm and comfy showers. ❤️️

I'm still sad about the lack of off-the-grid bathtubs.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    I really enjoyed the livestream and am looking forward to getting the pack.

One thing that I think would be in keeping with the spirit of hygge, though, is for our Sims to kick off their slippers before getting into bed. You need to wear slippers around the house because it's chilly, but do you want to take all the dust, cat hair, garden dirt, cracker crumbs into bed with you? Of course not, and neither do your Sims. Please, they can get rid of shoes for yoga, why not before getting into bed?
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    You can have hot chocolate from the kiosks (at least the Seasons ones) but sims can’t make it at home :(
    They mentioned hot chocolate. Is that drink from base game or from this stuff pack?

I don't think we have it at all :( We have different types of coffee and a tea maker but no hot chocolate.

• Options
    painting_trees89painting_trees89 Posts: 27 Member
    Love that we will be able to use side tables and things more universally, and excited for all the stuff in this upcoming pack!
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    The amp thing is pretty awesome! I wish they'd update the base game wall decor clothing rack to be a dresser and not just a decor item too.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Also, you could tell @SimGuruNinja was super nervous...ahaha It happens. But perhaps try sitting next time while doing the stream.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,866 Member
    I didn't detect any nervousness. I did pick up on his enthusiasm. He's really pumped for this pack.
  • Options
    sixdeadqueenssixdeadqueens Posts: 225 Member
    I love the items in this pack! They're gorgeous and multifunctional/practical! Looking forward to buying this! I think ya'll did a great job with this!! Thank you so much!!
  • Options
    x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    It's an interesting pack, but it's not on my priority list. I like the aspect of less is more but, as a generational player, it does not fit my play style, since the Sims are living in the same Lot & started to live from a tiny to a bigger house throughout generations, in which, they really need a big space for rooms as well as rooms to place/store the career rewards items. I wish that in the future, there's something that the team can work on more towards family/generational players too, for example, an inheritance system - an upgrade from the current fund transfer or a moving out pack - where the Sims can give away the extra furniture to their family members, just to name a few.

However, I like this option as its broaden the aspect of how I can play with a single Sim. Anywho, I really like the colour scheme as well as the texture. It's awesome!

And with the recent update, I always like it when the Sims need to learn certain skills in order to unlock certain action. Perhaps, as of now, it's kinda easy where it's only require 1 skill. Maybe, in the future, it would be a great challenge to combine at least 2 skills to unlock certain interaction.

BTW, just wondering, are we going to have another Livestream to discuss on 2020 milestone? I would love to have them so that we could better understand about what we can aspect to happen in the near future. Don't get me wrong, I love surprises, but, my wallet hates it. Besides, I always enjoy learning what is the team is currently planning or working on too.
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • Options
    fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    I did enjoy most of the updates to the game except for one. My only complaint (I know, i'm sorry :# ) is that they turned the amp in to a radio. It would have made more sense for them to make it a functional amp to plug your guitar in to instead. So that we could have electric acoustic guitars if we wanted to. I mean an amp is a speaker, not a radio sooo... it just makes more sense. Other than that everything else looks pretty cool.
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • Options
    mickimagnummickimagnum Posts: 74 Member
    Can't wait for this pack to come out!

Also, Connor is absolutely friggin adorable. Just sayin'.
    Origin ID: mickimagnum
    My Sims Blog

• Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member
    Amapola76 wrote: »
    I may have missed the answer to this, but will all these lovely new sweaters be available in cold weather attire as well (fingers crossed!), or just everyday?

You can remove the filter to use them for cold weather outfits anyway. That's what I do.

I... don't actually have any idea how to do that. If it's not too off-topic, would someone mind explaining what this means?
  • Options
    SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    edited January 2020
    I may have missed the answer to this, but will all these lovely new sweaters be available in cold weather attire as well (fingers crossed!), or just everyday?

You can remove the filter to use them for cold weather outfits anyway. That's what I do.

I... don't actually have any idea how to do that. If it's not too off-topic, would someone mind explaining what this means?

Look for a little white tab above the pictures of the outfits you are picking but below where you pick the icon for everyday, winter, etc it'll say what search filter you are using. It defaults something like "feminine" "cold weather" if your sim is female and you are on the cold weather tab. Just hit the x beside what ever filters you don't want to view all the clothes in any category. So if you close the cold weather filter now you are just seeing all female clothes not just cold weather ones. Or you can close the female filter too if you want a men's shirt or whatever.

You can choose up to 5 outfits per category.
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    I just came in here to say...

Murphy Ghosts, Murphy Ghosts, MURPHY GHOSTS!!!!!!!
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    randy2355randy2355 Posts: 157 Member
    That stream was very ... thorough. :D The BB is great and I can definitely work with the CAS items. Looking forward to making some new outfits on Tuesday, combining the new assets with other packs. They will work nicely with DU in particular.

I agree. the live stream did answer a lot of questions. i still have a few questions,especially when it comes down to what is coutnted in the tile count for the house, and what will count or not. The items in the pack are great.
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    Dianesims wrote: »
    You can have hot chocolate from the kiosks (at least the Seasons ones) but sims can’t make it at home :(

I forgot about those because I don't use them that often.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    TahluaTahlua Posts: 20 Member
    Love this <3 and it really does look like Hygge as I know it from my country Denmark. Thank you
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited January 2020
    I am not too uptight the SP as much as GPs and EPs, I still try to get the pack as cheap as possible though.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    SimsprocfunSimsprocfun Posts: 1,499 Member
    In my opinion looks like this stuff pack suggests bigger gameplay amount as any other stuff pack. I like new traits and benefits of the Tiny lot type. Objects looks fine and the new bed is interesting. Just I have a question, why it should kill a Sim? What gives? I don't see a point of it or any sense in this action.

CAS looks nice besides visible skin issue on man jackets and CAS looks to me not in the Tiny Living theme. Practically all clothes looks like a... knitting clothes? Why? Tiny Living could be also modern and contain a silk clothes for example or any other clothes of that matter. We will have a knitting pack later. Should not be this clothes better there?

Patch update looks awesome. I would like to have such patch update when game was just started :)
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member

It may be easier for you to see a picture:

Annotation%202020-01-18%20151721.png?dl=0

Once you are in that cold weather tab, click on the cold weather 'x' where the red arrow is pointing to make that option disappear. Then you can choose any clothing to be cold weather clothing and sims will stay warm. You can even choose a bikini if you wanted to!
  • Options
    RhiannonravenRhiannonraven Posts: 128 Member
    Such an awesome missed opportunity for new off grid items. Also why the Murphy beds?! Bunk beds or ladders (especially ladders) would have been so much better ):
  • Options
    AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    Such an awesome missed opportunity for new off grid items. Also why the Murphy beds?! Bunk beds or ladders (especially ladders) would have been so much better ):
    Yeah it would have made a lot more sense to get ladders+bunkbeds instead of the murphy bed.

Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • Options
    SilentVixenYTSilentVixenYT Posts: 17 Member
    I watched the livestream and actually really enjoyed everything that was being shown off, seems that the sims is slowly becoming better and better
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    edited January 2020
    Thank you for the livestream simguruninja, you were not only in the stream but you put your simself in the game too and used him to show the items which was pretty funny. I suggest that all developers use their simselves when showing things from now on.