Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are You Buying Tiny Living SP?

Comments

• MsShaShaMsShaSha Posts: 52 Member
    edited January 2020
    Yes
    ... However. I find it hard to equate this pack with Tiny Living. The bed, sink and toilet are not compatible with off the grid. Even the most basic research on tiny houses will uncover lots of off the grid items commonly in use, such as composting toilets, grey water systems. etc. At the least, the sink and toilet should be tagged for off the grid...

It's so funny that you mention this @CelSims , while in my comments (and on twitter, etc) I've been asking for an upgrade to the Off the Grid trait with a few items; like a solar panel = power, an antenna or dish = internet/tv and rain collection or an on demand water unit = better water without negative moodlets, lol. To so many the point of Tiny Living is a smaller carbon footprint, lower bills, and for some, the ability to take your house with you (tiny houses on wheels). [*Editing to add: While I still think it would be fun to have these things, after more thinking, and more Tiny Living pack discussion my views on the Off the Grid trait have changed, and I think Tiny Living is going to give me a good bit of what I'm hoping for for my TH sims (not all - still hoping for ladders, 1x1 closets and a better compost toilet).*] ๐Ÿ˜„

Post edited by MsShaSha on

uwxwhgf
    I build things some times. Origin ID: MsShaSha
  • RamblineRoseRamblineRose Posts: 814 Member
    Yes
    At first I was thinking will wait until it goes on sale. I love the build buy items that can be used for tiny homes, small homes or any home for that fact.
  • mintycupcakemintycupcake Posts: 13,212 Member
    Yes
    I haven't decided whether or not I'm going to wait for it to go on sale, but I might not since stuff packs don't go on sale as often and I'm actually pretty excited for this pack.
    ๐ŸŒปI'm not a cat.๐ŸŒป
  • VanillaIvoryVanillaIvory Posts: 4 New Member
    Yes
    I'm excited to do the 100 baby challenge in a tiny home :smile:
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,837 Member
    Yes
    I'm excited to do the 100 baby challenge in a tiny home :smile:

Haha, you're brave. :p
  • BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,184 Member
    Yes
    Lol, maybe us 'yes' voters could form a non-smart mindless buyers club.

I hope none of you are betraying our low standards by opting to buy the pack because you think you'll have fun with it.

We so have to get together for coffee. :)

I will have to wait for a sale or hopefully win one but I Promise when I do I will try very hard not to have any fun. Wouldn't want to tip the standards scale. ;)
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    Yes
    I really liked the live stream and the refreshing candidness about designing packs. Definitely one of their best live streams! Also love the BB objects and CAS items ๐Ÿฅฐ I love what they are doing with items now, making them more modular and the great adjustments they made in the patch. I love the direction they are headed in!
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Yes
    I'm not paying $10 for a bed that was originally supposed to be in 'City Living', delayed until 'Discover University', and then finally put into a stuff pack simply because EA is greedy and loves milking this franchise to death.

Unlike other people, I don't just mindlessly buy whatever EA tries shoving down my throat.

If anything, this should've been a free patch... definitely not worth buying.

What's your evidence that this was supposed to be in City Living or Discover University?
  • mia_noelle97mia_noelle97 Posts: 575 Member
    Yes
    I really like the style of both the BB and CAS items, so yeah, I'm definitely buying it. Guess that makes me not smart but whatever, it's better than me wasting $10 on fast food or Starbucks.
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,447 Member
    Yes
    Well, golly. I guess I have to buy it now, since I don't qualify as an Oh-So-Smarty Pants. What a shame. Well, since I'm lacking in Conspiracy Theories, I'll just have to go have fun with the Murphy Ghosts instead. Darn!
    #Team Occult
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    Yes

I hope none of you are betraying our low standards by opting to buy the pack because you think you'll have fun with it.

๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    Yes
    I'm not paying $10 for a bed that was originally supposed to be in 'City Living', delayed until 'Discover University', and then finally put into a stuff pack simply because EA is greedy and loves milking this franchise to death.

Unlike other people, I don't just mindlessly buy whatever EA tries shoving down my throat.

What's your evidence that this was supposed to be in City Living or Discover University?

Donโ€™t bother. I posted the time stamp for the livestream where it was explained about how the Murphy bed came about, and they wonโ€™t watch, they just want to complain and slam the dev team at every opportunity. Letโ€™s just wallow in our franchise destroy giddiness, and have fun with the game we love โค๏ธ.
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    Yes

There is none, but theyโ€™ll keep repeating themselves until the end of time. Whatever helps them sleep at night ๐Ÿคทโ€โ™€๏ธ
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    Yes

These 10 bucks will be put to good use imo. <3
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    No

In Sims 2, it was released with 'Apartment Life'. In Sims 3, it was released with 'University Life'. Both times being an expansion pack that just happened to include it as additional content to what was already a very detailed pack. This is the first evidence of EA simply becoming greedy after Sims 4 was released.

Concept art from 'City Living' included the Murphy bed... which means the developers had already drawn out the overall idea of what one would look like in Sims 4... but it was dropped in favor of those ridiculous talking toilets that nobody asked for. About a month before 'Discover University' was released, one of the gurus released a picture of a VERY similar animation (in fact, most likely the SAME animation) as the Murphy bed crushing a Sim... they did it as a teaser for 'Discover University'.

The fact that we're being charged $10 for a "My First Murphy Bed Stuff Pack" just a few months after 'Discover University' is NOT a coincidence! The only reason this pack isn't receiving as much backlash as 'My First Pet' (which you probably enjoyed anyway) is because EA was at least smart enough to not call it 'My First University Stuff Pack'.
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    Yes
    Absolutely
  • MorkovkaMorkovka Posts: 662 Member
    Yes
    Yes, because I'm buying everything.
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    Yes
    I will buy the pack as it is an stuff pack and will still wait for an good deal.
    Omen by HP Intelยฎ๏ธ Coreโ„ข๏ธ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intelยฎ Coreโ„ข i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    Yes
    I had already decided after the trailer because I really like the BB style. Also, this is one of the times where I already have a Sim in mind to try the new stuff with. He has the Survivalist reward trait from completing the Outdoor Enthusiast aspiration and his name his Lars Albertson, which already sounds like he's been waiting to go full-on hygge! :D
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • AverageLuluAverageLulu Posts: 34 Member
    No
    No bunk beds, no buying.
    (Seriously, am I crazy for thinking that tiny living should at least have bunk beds???)
  • CheekyimpCheekyimp Posts: 124 Member
    Yes
    Yes, I am loving the style of the BB items, looking forward to the tiny home lot trait things, yes it looks like a good pack to me. Conspiracy theories be gone!
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,837 Member
    Yes
    No bunk beds, no buying.
    (Seriously, am I crazy for thinking that tiny living should at least have bunk beds???)

No, you're not crazy for thinking that. Bunk beds didn't fit within the budget for a stuff pack. I think we'll see them in a future GP or EP.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Yes
    YES yes Yes And YeS!!๐Ÿคญ
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • FKM100FKM100 Posts: 886 Member
    Maybe
    Maybe eventually. If I can get it on sale. I quite like the content, but I am not hankering for it and on the whole I have found stuff packs poor value for money.