Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Let's watch: The Sims 4 Tiny Living Livestream

Comments

• DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    edited January 2020
    @Netzspannung The colours seemed to me completely different than the ones we already have. I think I'll check again.

IDK some colors seem different and some seem the same. Anyways the two new hairstyles with different? swatches have the swatches in different order. That's pretty weird.
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,370 Member
    I don't think I've ever been more excited about a stuff pack. I liked everything about Tiny Living. <3
    The only thing that bothered me a bit was those new eyeglasses... why no solid black frames?
  • Rococo1256Rococo1256 Posts: 233 Member
    edited January 2020
    I’m really looking forward to this pack now. But they kept mentioning hot chocolate and our Sims cannot have it at home or in the restaurants. It’s available from a Seasons food stall. I wish hot chocolate could be added to the tea maker or coffee brewer. It’s just a bit confusing when they mention things in a livestream, but we cannot do it. Oh well. Perhaps this functionality could be added later. Seems to me a cozy home would be perfect for hot chocolate. I wonder what @SimGuruNinja would think about that.

Edit: Maybe it’s coming in this pack. Probably not, but perhaps. Anyway, I love all the furniture and decor options in this pack, there are a lot more options than I thought. This pack will go great with Discover University. Imagine trying to have multiple roommates in a micro sized home!
    Post edited by Rococo1256 on
    I am GreenRocket on the Gallery.
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,106 Member
    They also mentioned bunk beds and sleeping bags.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    edited January 2020
    @Netzspannung The colours seemed to me completely different than the ones we already have. I think I'll check again.

That's true, it was just for a moment but there was a different blue tone and blondes and brown tones from what I remember. But the amount was still the same, so I didn't let myself get excited. I am still thinking it was a bug, but maybe they are working on something? Worth checking out though for sure.

Edit to add: I just checked and I think it was just that the colors were out of order + my blue light filter.
    Post edited by Netzspannung on
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • MsShaShaMsShaSha Posts: 52 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    So they claim it's not a conspiracy that they made knitting clothing in the Tiny stuff pack. This means we will get knitting clothing x 2 with this pack + the knitting stuff pack

I don't see how they could make the clothing that different. A sweater is a sweater is a sweater...

That’s literally what he was saying tho. They already did knitting in this pack and were surprised it won the stuff pack polls so now they have to figure out how to make them different.

Yes, and I'm saying I don't see HOW they can make them that different as in I don't believe what we get will be much different.

There is a lot more to knitting than just sweaters, none of which they focused on with this pack... there's still different styles of sweaters too tbh. But hats, scarves, mittens, vests, dresses, warm fuzzy socks; all toddler to elder. Maybe some deco like pillows, folded blankets (or a blanket that could fit the foot of single/double beds, that would be cool (since sims only need the top to actually get into bed, I'm okay with blanket woohoo clipping, lol)! Also teddy bears and bunny toys for toddlers/kids. I'm sure there's more, this is just off the top of my head.

uwxwhgf
    I build things some times. Origin ID: MsShaSha
  • M1ss_PlumbumM1ss_Plumbum Posts: 189 Member
    edited January 2020
    Dianesims wrote: »
    So how do you pronounce “Hygge” then ?
    I’m curious :)
    As a Scandinavian (Dane 🇩🇰) myself I appreciate that the devs focused a bit on our style of living as I have suggested last year in the forum.

I think the devs really captured the spirit of modern Scandinavian home fashion.

But the devs do not really pronounce “hygge” correctly LOL but that doesn’t matter. They do understand the point with it so that’s good. :D

Well thanks for asking. It’s difficult to explain as the English language doesn’t have the sounds for “y” and “e”:

Imagine a combination of sounds of “u” and “e” in one sound. That would almost be like our “y”.

Our “e” sounds a bit like a “r” (but only the r-sound used in the end of a word like “lawyer” or “sommer” not the “r” in for instance “rose” og “rage”).

So if you say “huegr” it would be a bit more correct but still not entirely LOL. It makes sense that the devs couldn’t pronounce it. The Danish language are extremely difficult to speak.

This is what comes closest of what I could find on google (The second voice, the female US-voice - But say it a bit faster and then you are basically there): https://www.google.dk/amp/s/dictionary.cambridge.org/amp/pronunciation/english/hygge
    They mentioned hot chocolate. Is that drink from base game or from this stuff pack?

Unfortunately, as far as I know - as of now, you can only get hot chocolate from one of the booths that came in Seasons. I wish we could make it at home!! (Someone correct me if I'm wrong, which I would love to be here.)

uwxwhgf
  • nucleonidenucleonide Posts: 216 Member
    As a Scandinavian (Dane 🇩🇰) myself I appreciate that the devs focused a bit on our style of living as I have suggested last year in the forum.

I think the devs really captured the spirit of modern Scandinavian home fashion.

But the devs do not really pronounce “hygge” correctly LOL but that doesn’t matter. They do understand the point with it so that’s good. :D

The Sims devs were probably going off of the Anglicized pronunciation of "hygge," so it sounded far from the Danish/Norwegian pronunciation. (If you type "define hygge" in Google, there will be a sound clip of the word being pronounced, and it sounds like how they pronounced it.)

Danish: https://translate.google.com/#view=home&op=translate&sl=da&tl=en&text=hygge
    Norwegian: https://translate.google.com/#view=home&op=translate&sl=da&tl=en&text=hygge
    Just click the "Listen" button on the source/left language.

The "y" on both sound like, to me at least, the German /ü/ (close to English /oo/, I guess?), but Norwegian's is closer to /ee/, while Danish's is closer to /oo/??

Anyway, TIL "hygge" is a design style, so that was interesting to learn. But I really like this pack's style. :)
    Owns: (EPs) GTW, GT, CL, S, CD, GF, IL, EL / (GPs) SD, PH, JA, DO / (SPs) MHSP, BYSP, VGSP, BNSP, LDSP, MSP
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,867 Member
    edited January 2020
    Thanks! The “e” sounds like the “e” in French (I’m from France) and the y sounds kinda like “oo” in english and “ou” in French.

Well thanks for asking. It’s difficult to explain as the English language doesn’t have the sounds for “y” and “e”:

Imagine a combination of sounds of “u” and “e” in one sound. That would almost be like our “y”.

Our “e” sounds a bit like a “r” (but only the r-sound used in the end of a word like “lawyer” or “sommer” not the “r” in for instance “rose” og “rage”).

So if you say “huegr” it would be a bit more correct but still not entirely LOL. It makes sense that the devs couldn’t pronounce it. The Danish language are extremely difficult to speak.

This is what comes closest of what I could find on google (The second voice, the female US-voice - But say it a bit faster and then you are basically there): https://www.google.dk/amp/s/dictionary.cambridge.org/amp/pronunciation/english/hygge

• ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    MsShaSha wrote: »
    So they claim it's not a conspiracy that they made knitting clothing in the Tiny stuff pack. This means we will get knitting clothing x 2 with this pack + the knitting stuff pack

I don't see how they could make the clothing that different. A sweater is a sweater is a sweater...

That’s literally what he was saying tho. They already did knitting in this pack and were surprised it won the stuff pack polls so now they have to figure out how to make them different.

Yes, and I'm saying I don't see HOW they can make them that different as in I don't believe what we get will be much different.

There is a lot more to knitting than just sweaters, none of which they focused on with this pack... there's still different styles of sweaters too tbh. But hats, scarves, mittens, vests, dresses, warm fuzzy socks; all toddler to elder. Maybe some deco like pillows, folded blankets (or a blanket that could fit the foot of single/double beds, that would be cool (since sims only need the top to actually get into bed, I'm okay with blanket woohoo clipping, lol)! Also teddy bears and bunny toys for toddlers/kids. I'm sure there's more, this is just off the top of my head.

We shall see what they come up with. I believe we get to vote on the clothing for the Knitting pack unless the last vote was for that.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Lol y'all know they used Google translate and did the best they could.
  • popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    Please let @SimGuruNinja do all of the talking for anything Sims. Loved his explanation about bunk beds, ladders, and the process of selecting what goes into each pack. So much better and more refreshing than what we’ve heard in the past. Loved the transparency for once! 😎
  • bryanakperrybryanakperry Posts: 1 New Member
    @SimGuruNinja I have a quick suggestion if that is ok. In response to your explanation as to why the Murphy beds instead of bunk beds. I think the Murphy beds are awesome btw. I think maybe in these pack you prioritize game play (which I agree should be a priority) but I'm sure you know a lot of people play and ONLY build or just mostly build. Those people (me being one of them) don't care about a little extra gameplay interactions, we care about making practical houses. Maybe you guys should make a pack that kind of fulfills the builders' wishes (ladders, bunks, and spiral stairs). Prioritize builders for just that one pack. I think that would make everyone happy. I am personally happy with whatever you guys bring us, and I can tell you guys care, but I, too, would love those 3 things. I totally understand your reasoning though, but I think a builders pack would solve the problem. Anyway I love the new Tiny House pack and you guys are doing great.
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member

If there's no English equivalent to the sound then I can't blame them pronouncing it wrong lol 😂
  • M1ss_PlumbumM1ss_Plumbum Posts: 189 Member
    nucleonide wrote: »

The Sims devs were probably going off of the Anglicized pronunciation of "hygge," so it sounded far from the Danish/Norwegian pronunciation. (If you type "define hygge" in Google, there will be a sound clip of the word being pronounced, and it sounds like how they pronounced it.)

Danish: https://translate.google.com/#view=home&op=translate&sl=da&tl=en&text=hygge
    Norwegian: https://translate.google.com/#view=home&op=translate&sl=da&tl=en&text=hygge
    Just click the "Listen" button on the source/left language.

The "y" on both sound like, to me at least, the German /ü/ (close to English /oo/, I guess?), but Norwegian's is closer to /ee/, while Danish's is closer to /oo/??

Anyway, TIL "hygge" is a design style, so that was interesting to learn. But I really like this pack's style. :)

Hej med dig. :)

Thanks, I think you explained it a bit better than I did.

I was also laughing of them saying that “hygge” was a design style. But I’m actually not surprised LOL. It’s such a popular concept world widely. One can even buy self help books around it.

Anyways I think they understood the concept: Cosy atmosphere, cosy home wear, being indoors together with family and friends. That’s hygge I think.

And the style of the furnitures are very Scandinavian indeed...like minimslistic teak wood mid-century/ contemporary Scandinavian style (1960s or so): https://www.designtrends.com/arch-interior/furniture-designs/danish-modern-furniture.html
  • LizzyTish13LizzyTish13 Posts: 5 New Member
    Love the trailer for this pack!
  • caliposscaliposs Posts: 320 Member
    Honestly a great stream! I enjoyed every single moment. SimGuruNinja and Conor (SimGuruBunkBeds?) were great hosts and the studio was really nice. A solid stream to kick off the new year :smiley: Really excited for Tuesday :smile:
    he/him
    edited January 2020
    Live stream was great! Always fun to meet another Guru! (Hey, Conor!) @SimGuruNinja is always so much fun! ❤️️ @SimGuruSteve! Thanks guys, and all of the Gurus I seen here and there in chat. Appreciate you! 💞

*Edited this post from this point: I'm removing mentions of the Off the Grid lot trait and what I wished it was updated to be. After more thinking, and more Tiny Living pack discussion... Tiny Living gives the smaller bills and all of the "regular living" amenities that current day rl tiny living is able to have (power, internet, good water, etc) with the smaller foot print. My mind on Off the Grid has changed.*

I absolutely adore every single piece coming in this pack, they're soooo good! So well done! And the combo pieces are brilliant, I'm probably more excited that they're a thing than I should be, lol. I'm also excited to play with the house sizes! - Micro Home? Challenge accepted!!

There are a couple of a things that feel like big missed opportunities that would have fit so perfectly in this pack though. 1x1 Closets, like "coat closet" style with a regular hinged door. - And ladders!! A HUGE space saver, and it's kind of a really big disappointment. Stairs take up such a big foot print. Sure, we can put them outside - but with Seasons our Sims are going out in the snow to go to bed, instead of up a ladder inside. (I'm sure there are ways around this with creative building, but let's pretend we're all basic builders.) I know murphy beds are the key feature, but this feels like the perfect pack to finally give us ladders. - Maybe one day though, hopefully... please. Pretty please. Soonish. 🤞🥺️🤞
    Post edited by MsShaSha on

uwxwhgf
  • lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,079 Member
    edited January 2020
    MsShaSha wrote: »

I don't knit, I crochet. But it's along the same idea. And I have never made a sweater. Or a sock. I have made a some scarves, hats, and gloves. But, I've made more blankets than anything. Once I made pony ears and tails for a birthday party. My sister knits, and I think she's probably made more stuffed animals than anything else. It is definitely not just sweaters.

*I haven't actually watched the stream yet. I missed it when it was live and it says it still has a few minutes before I can now. I'm just looking through the comments here while I wait.

Edit: I realized I can just skip ahead and I don't need to wait for the countdown... I need more sleep. I'm watching it now.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • SimGuruNinjaSimGuruNinja Posts: 992 SimGuru
    ^^ The off the grid trait should be totally compatible with this pack! You can still use lot traits for this new lot type so having a TIny Home Residential with the Off the Grid lot trait is totally valid and will work well together! Sorry if I am misunderstanding the issue. :smile:
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member

Those aren’t confirmed, he wasn’t supposed to say that. Unless they were purposely hinting for a later release of those.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• DragonAge_300905DragonAge_300905 Posts: 1,939 Member
    I can't hear so I'm wondering what they said about ladders. Did they hint that we'll get them in a fuller pack like expansions or game packs or say we'll never get them?
    ^^ The off the grid trait should be totally compatible with this pack! You can still use lot traits for this new lot type so having a TIny Home Residential with the Off the Grid lot trait is totally valid and will work well together! Sorry if I am misunderstanding the issue. :smile:

Oh no, you explained it just fine, @SimGuruNinja , I meant the murphy beds specifically... in the current state of the Off the Grid lot trait the murphy beds don't work because they're consider electric. Yet, very few who live Off Grid go without power... or cell phones, or internet or amazingly warm and comfy showers. ❤️️

uwxwhgf
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,106 Member

Those aren’t confirmed, he wasn’t supposed to say that. Unless they were purposely hinting for a later release of those.

Yeah, it was a mistake. Part of me thinks they are planning those things for an EP or GP and forgot they weren't allowed to talk about it, but another part of me thinks he was thinking of a previous game from the franchise, because I definitely do that!
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.