Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

i dont understand..

Comments

• CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    Cynna wrote: »
    Camkat wrote: »

Even just a pregnancy is a moodlet, (which is also wrong IMO) and that was proven when ROM came out and the potion to clear negative moodlets, cleared also the pregnancy.

Hijole, is that right? What's happening to the Sims series quality control?

It was patched fixed though so far as I know it can't happen anymore. (But who really knows, I've been worried to try it again just in case, they "fixed" the water drinking bug and my sims still go after water like they've just crossed the Sahara).

After it cleared the pregnancy it also glitched the sim so they couldn't get pregnant again. I managed to reset my game and just didn't drink the potion the second time around but yeah... how they missed that I don't know. Then I saw it happen to James Turner in his "Rags to Witches" Let's Play and it was patched not too long after that...
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • simplyzoesimplyzoe Posts: 428 Member
    thecatsred wrote: »
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    They managed exactly that in the predecessor (if there’s a crib in the house), so why not in this game?

Because the sims AI in this game seems so incredibly dumbed down in favor of "emotions", but even those are broken. Have a sim child upstairs doing homework while their parent dies in the basement and they don't even notice. It's a mess.

Is it possible that part of the problem is the game is bogged down with notices like advice, festivals, phone calls, pet running away etc, etc and every-time it holds up the game moving forward and then it is like the sims forget what they were doing so the toddler gets put down instead of fed in the highchair, the sim does something besides eat when they are starving, and then the whole house tries to feed the toddler in the highchair instead of one sims doing it, that is why i keep fruit and vegetable in the toddler inventories but I should not have to do a workaround because of game programing problems. There are other instances of the same problem, different scenarios same popups.
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,414 Member
    I loved to have my sims carry their babies around in sims 2 and give them a bath, walk over to the fridge withthe baby on their arm to actually get a bottle to feed them and change their diapers at a changing table to avoid diapers lying everywhere on the floor.

I don't expect tons of features for babies, just a few basic ways to take care of them at home. It was possible way back in sims2 in 2004. And yes, they could end up on the floor but that was part of the challenge to take care of them. Now they are just objects. If we could at least change their crib... The vampire one and RoM one look way better than the base game one, I like to use them for all babies.
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Atreya33 wrote: »
    I loved to have my sims carry their babies around in sims 2 and give them a bath, walk over to the fridge withthe baby on their arm to actually get a bottle to feed them and change their diapers at a changing table to avoid diapers lying everywhere on the floor.

I don't expect tons of features for babies, just a few basic ways to take care of them at home. It was possible way back in sims2 in 2004. And yes, they could end up on the floor but that was part of the challenge to take care of them. Now they are just objects. If we could at least change their crib... The vampire one and RoM one look way better than the base game one, I like to use them for all babies.
    That’s actually a good point. Sometimes I wonder if people realize that above all it’s supposed to be a game. That it can be fun that you have to control them to make things go right, instead of expecting everything to go right autonomously.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    SereneMoss wrote: »
    so people here think its offensive for me to say its inhumane to leave a baby in a crib 24/7 and its offensive... are you serious? you must not be a parent. this game has done good work in sims 3 and ive never had an issue i noticed issues if you werent watching the kid or if you canceled or interrupted an action while holding the baby. ive never had an issue since. its the same with placing them in the snow ive never had that issue once. i didnt use mods. and i never had any problems. i find it more offensive that people think babies are supposed to only live in a crib. i dont care if its a game they have done it in the past and instead of rushing the game go back and fix the initial problems instead of worrying about arts and crafts. the game is a life simulator, that should be the main focus. life states should be corrected before we worry about other dumb things just for a quick money grab. rather you play with other life stages or not, its a life simulator and its wrong to leave babies in cribs 24/7 they have done fine in the past so i know they can do it but they choose not to. they care more about pandering to the new fads than actually make the game awesome for all players. parents didnt get much to do for their children and i think they deserve a chance to play the way they are hoping to. if they can make dogs more interactive why not my children in the game. and yet no one finds this disturbing?

They’re pixels, not actual people. Calm down.
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    so people here think its offensive for me to say its inhumane to leave a baby in a crib 24/7 and its offensive... are you serious? you must not be a parent. this game has done good work in sims 3 and ive never had an issue i noticed issues if you werent watching the kid or if you canceled or interrupted an action while holding the baby. ive never had an issue since. its the same with placing them in the snow ive never had that issue once. i didnt use mods. and i never had any problems. i find it more offensive that people think babies are supposed to only live in a crib. i dont care if its a game they have done it in the past and instead of rushing the game go back and fix the initial problems instead of worrying about arts and crafts. the game is a life simulator, that should be the main focus. life states should be corrected before we worry about other dumb things just for a quick money grab. rather you play with other life stages or not, its a life simulator and its wrong to leave babies in cribs 24/7 they have done fine in the past so i know they can do it but they choose not to. they care more about pandering to the new fads than actually make the game awesome for all players. parents didnt get much to do for their children and i think they deserve a chance to play the way they are hoping to. if they can make dogs more interactive why not my children in the game. and yet no one finds this disturbing?

Say it louder for the people in the back who scrapped dog houses in The Sims because they were "cruel".

I don’t care two figs about dog houses. Also, I cannot remember the last time I actually saw one in a yard, aaaaand, I’m pretty sure it was a flippant off handed remark that was blown wholly out of proportion. Most dogs I know live in the regular house with their humans 99% of the time. Let’s not start that pile of nonsense again, please.
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »

Say it louder for the people in the back who scrapped dog houses in The Sims because they were "cruel".

I don’t care two figs about dog houses. Also, I cannot remember the last time I actually saw one in a yard, aaaaand, I’m pretty sure it was a flippant off handed remark that was blown wholly out of proportion. Most dogs I know live in the regular house with their humans 99% of the time. Let’s not start that pile of nonsense again, please.
    You totally missed the tongue in cheek there didn’t you ;)
    5JZ57S6.png
  • SereneMossSereneMoss Posts: 128 Member
    It has nothing to do with being a parent IRL or not. It's offensive to belittle our own humanity and say we are the exact same as pixels in a computer game. Of course IRL you would never leave a baby in the crib for 24 hours a day until they can walk. Where do you draw the line in a video game what is humane anyways? I'd also never trap all of my neighbours in a pool or lock them in the basement and force them to paint for me. I'm all for freeing the babies, just not if it's a buggy mess.

Saying it worked fine in TS3 isn't really a solid argument. Just because they did it ok in the past, doesn't mean it will be ok now. Look at everything else in TS4 as evidence. TS3 my sims could all sit around and have a nice meal too, but in TS4 they get up and walk all over the house, eat on the toilet, stand beside a perfectly good table the rest of the family is eating at even though there is indeed a free chair. A few of you do say it worked flawlessly in your games, and fantastic for you. It didn't in mine and others. My sims didn't do anything like walk away from a crib to put them in the snow, but, if they were outside and got an idea that needed 2 hands, yes, they did drop them on the ground. It didn't have to be outside in the snow, though it did happen there, just anywhere they happened to stand and needed 2 hands free for the next action. Maybe it was my fault for q-ing the next action, but I should be able to line up their activities without micro managing to that degree, and for the most part I could. Just sometimes it didn't. TS3 was a lot better at this than TS4 but it wasn't perfect and that's also why I don't really want this for TS4 until they can fix so that this type of stuff won't happen, because as the game is now, suggests that it will. I agree fixing other core issues is more important and should come first. Maybe if those were fixed, I could get on board and trust them to fix babies properly.

so you feel the same for the LGBTQ community too... we can add new features for them? then they boast about adding the feature and yet you cant even change a diaper on a changing table without some weird buggy mod? and no in sims 4 my kids arent buggy, i just cant do much with them.. so no i have no idea where your coming up with this all. they proved more interaction with pets, we dont even have as many actions as we do with dogs.. cuddling on the couch, hugs, super love... but nothing for babies.. its strange
    Well to each their own. I hate babies and age them up the second my sims get back from the hospital.
    Also "humane"? I'm sorry but talking about pretend people's babies and claiming it in any way is inhumane that they can't leave the crib on their own is slightly offensive, to be honest.

offensive? so you think babies should be locked up 24/7 in a crib, you must not be a parent.

You can come down from your high-horse, dear. There are a lot of parents that play Sims and no one (anyone sane) thinks pixilated babies are human. So treating them "humanely" is a non-sequitur. I have four kiddos and have locked sims in basements, starved sims to death, caught sims on fire, drowned sims, frozen sims to death, put sims babies on grills, but sim babies in the snow, put sims babies anywhere I could just to see if it was possible. All done on purpose and with much enjoyment. This is a game and has nothing at all to do with what you would do in real life. Sheesh!

And with that said, absolutely they should fix the base mechanics of the game. Most everything that is The Sims 4 was shotely done. What could be cranked out quick and with the most profit. Frustrating to say the least but EA is in the business of making money. The game play is second (or possibly last) on the list of what the goals are.

i never once said i think they are human, so no im not on some "high Horse" no use in rude comments. not every simmer plays a brutal style. it is a life simulator with creative expression just bc you find it amusing to kill sims or abuse a kid just bc its pixels doesnt mean all gamers play the same. some people like to play decently and just want a more realistic gameplay thats nice.
    It has nothing to do with being a parent IRL or not. It's offensive to belittle our own humanity and say we are the exact same as pixels in a computer game.

@Camkat lol I’m glad somebody finally said this. There is a whole entire thread filled with extreme anger about how “inhumanely” the game treats toddlers like pixels are a human rights crisis 🧐🧐🧐

i didnt say a human rights crisis... i play more realistic so if your in that mindset you feel bad when the kid is only able to stay in a bassinet. If i posted out of extreme anger i would be swearing, but am i... nope. its out of disappointment and annoyance.
  • llamasflullamasflu Posts: 221 Member
    You can come down from your high-horse, dear. There are a lot of parents that play Sims and no one (anyone sane) thinks pixilated babies are human. So treating them "humanely" is a non-sequitur. I have four kiddos and have locked sims in basements, starved sims to death, caught sims on fire, drowned sims, frozen sims to death, put sims babies on grills, but sim babies in the snow, put sims babies anywhere I could just to see if it was possible. All done on purpose and with much enjoyment. This is a game and has nothing at all to do with what you would do in real life. Sheesh!

omg😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭 PUT BABIES ON GRILLS. pleaseeeeeee😭😂
    tumblr_nvyznq2a181tiiy96o2_400.gifv
    edited January 2020
    Well to each their own. I hate babies and age them up the second my sims get back from the hospital.
    Also "humane"? I'm sorry but talking about pretend people's babies and claiming it in any way is inhumane that they can't leave the crib on their own is slightly offensive, to be honest.

offensive? so you think babies should be locked up 24/7 in a crib, you must not be a parent.

And with that said, absolutely they should fix the base mechanics of the game. Most everything that is The Sims 4 was shotely done. What could be cranked out quick and with the most profit. Frustrating to say the least but EA is in the business of making money. The game play is second (or possibly last) on the list of what the goals are.

i never once said i think they are human, so no im not on some "high Horse" no use in rude comments. not every simmer plays a brutal style. it is a life simulator with creative expression just bc you find it amusing to kill sims or abuse a kid just bc its pixels doesnt mean all gamers play the same. some people like to play decently and just want a more realistic gameplay thats nice.
    I think both sides have a point here. Yes it’s all pixels and we don’t treat them the way we’d treat real living creatures. But I agree with you as well: even though they are just pixels, they are not when you play with them and grow attached to them. That’s the whole principle of playing this game. Like, I put a baby into the snow a few posts back. I didn’t save the game though :# It’s double.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • munroelemunroele Posts: 286 Member
    Don't like babies one iota in real life, personally couldn't care less that they're "attached" to their beds. Better have them attached than have Sims leaving babies on the floor like they did in TS2 and 3.
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    I never was too fond of babies in the Sims series and just grew them into toddlers, but I found the babies in Sims 2 more doable than the other other versions. I however do need to be unattached from their cribs and I support those that want it even if I do not care for the lil tykes too much.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
    edited January 2020
    munroele wrote: »
    Don't like babies one iota in real life, personally couldn't care less that they're "attached" to their beds. Better have them attached than have Sims leaving babies on the floor like they did in TS2 and 3.
    I won’t argue with you about not liking babies, that’s ok. And I totally understand one doesn’t read an entire thread when opening a topic for the first time, I understand. But they don’t leave them on the floor in Sims 3 when there’s a crib around. They can perfectly well make this game with ‘untied’ babies and make it work. Whether that’s important to you or not indeed is a different matter. And if it was necessary sims have to put baby back in between every interaction.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited January 2020
    munroele wrote: »

I just stated few pages back this has not been my experience in 2 or 3. In fact I had to fight Sims with cancelling to make Sims not pick up babies in both games, if ever one had been placed on the floor. It's a rare event if a Sim autonomously put a Sim baby on the ground in either game. I'm not sure why so many believe this myth. This certainly doesn't work in a family like the Ottomas family in TS2. omg, you can't even leave one laying on the kitchen floor unless the Mother-In-Law, Mother, Dad, David the teen son, Dharma who soon ages up to teen, go get the baby. And when the mom has the twins she is expecting it's even worse. None of them will let the player put a baby on the floor for very long.
    As a matter of fact, they won't even leave the toddler alone (Tommy) but pick him up and interact with him, or put in in babybed or try to feed him or play him etc. Same thing in TS3. I put a Sim baby on a picnic blanket in TS3 and the Sims in the park would pick up the babies.

I spent a lot more time trying to cancel actions to rescue babies than I ever did of trying to get them to pick up one. I have no idea where these ideas about TS2 or TS3 come from, because they sure don't happen in my games. It's the vice versa, I can't make them leave them on ground.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Sara1010PSara1010P Posts: 889 Member
    I had them put them down on the floor in Sims 2 when they had another action que up after doing something that required them to be holding the baby, for example they bring the baby down to feed a bottle, then put the bottle on the floor, put the baby on the floor to retrieve and trash the bottle, but they almost always picked the baby back up and held it afterwards, they never just left the poor child on the floor. Now Nannies and other NPCs, yes they had a bad habit of holding the baby and then putting it on the floor. That drove me nuts. Never had a problem with it in the Sims 3. I think the only time I had a parent put the baby in the snow is when they came home after giving birth and I didn't have a crib already placed.
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,541 Member
    Sadly, I think we missed the boat with babies. What it needed was a very big uproar from early on, the same as with toddlers. I believe that if there had been a massive outcry about baby objects back then, something may have been done about it. Bless her cotton socks @sparkfairy1 kept her toddler thread going well and I know there were petitions etc all about toddlers - this is what was needed for babies too.

But people don't seem to have the same attitude towards babies as with toddlers. 'Oh I just age them up and skip it' seems a fairly common response. So EA see this and know they can get away with leaving babies as objects without it affecting their sales much (if at all).

Personally, I hated the burrito babies of TS3 with their no legs. TS4 babies are terrible and look like chunky legged demons. TS2 babies were near-perfect, except they were always cold poor things.

What I would like to see in the future (probably not going to happen this time around, maybe for sims 5) is a baby design similar to TS2 but with clothing options (including cold weather outfits, everyday and sleep), hair options, bassinets and cribs (with blankets for heavens sake), prams and strollers, bathing babies, changing mats, bouncy cradles, floor mats, sitting on parents lap for their bottle/breast feed (who stands up to feed a baby irl?), photography of the baby, being able to 'park' the baby in their stroller or pram when outside, having a pram or stroller availability for baby to sleep in, swing chair, weaning onto foods, pacifiers, learning to sit up and crawl, sibling interactivity including toddlers (my real life toddler once stole his brothers pacifier, tried the taste, didn't like it and promptly put it back in baby brothers mouth lol) - cute little actions can make a major difference to the game.
  • nightowl1nightowl1 Posts: 89 Member
    I just want to add my thoughts over people who don't mind about the babies being in bassinets and how they just like to age them up anyway. It's brilliant that you have a playstyle that works for you, if you aren't interested in that lifestage more power to you. But if you don't mind about the babies being objects, it shouldn't bother you if they were treated similarly to the babies in TS3/TS2. You will still be able to leave them in the crib and age them up, if you don't want to look after their needs you could use a cheat to make sure they're well and happy. It just means that us players who want to be able to take the baby out of the crib, hold them, place them on the floor in another room free from restriction -- can be happy too. We'd both be satisfied.

(Nobody's probably got an issue with this and are just stating their opinions, but hey... still shedding light on this anyway).
  • EveryDaySimEveryDaySim Posts: 193 Member
    I'm not really a baby player myself, but I definitely understand where people are coming from when they feel that babies are lacking. Some people want to be able to make and play their families, and they can't do that when an an entire section of their family is essentially missing. It's like replacing a person with a bookshelf or a TV - there are some pie menu options, but that does not in any way make for real interactions, a real family.

They've essentially left out an entire segment of some people's families. Of course that's going to be a problem. It's completely unreasonable that making a family should ever be like that for those that want to do it. They sold us The Sims, not the YA Sims.
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    If there was something intereting about babies maybe people wouldnt be so prone to skip them. I just played with sims 3 with a baby and it was so boring. Just feed and tickle them. In Ts3 They cant develop skills, they don't have wishes, they cant chose their own interactions...its like theyre nothing. Why bother. Hurry and skip to when theyre a toddler and do something.

But idk what to add to a baby lifestyle to make it interesting...
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • Jazz2418Jazz2418 Posts: 1 New Member
    I really wish they had an option for a normal online sims like you have your town and you could give a friend a code and they type that in so they could come to your town and live there, and you could play with eachother in the same town how good would that be!? Imagine a friend making a town, and your playing your sims in your town and think stuff it I want to move and you could sell your house pack up your belongings and move to your friend's town (your money moves with you aswell) and buy a house or block of land in theor town that would be yours, and ofcourse you couldnt change anything in the town unless you brought it like real life stuff sp like businesses and all of that, and if your friend wanted to visit you and your sims at your house but you werent online it would just say they aren't home or something so you organise to get on at the same time as your friend so your sims can play and interact together and all of that. Also if your friend decided they didnt want you living in their town anymore, being their original town they would have the power to evict you from the town meaning all your belongings would be packed up and you would be paid out for the value of your house, and ofcourse that would just be the sim or sim family you chose to play with so you could always have other families that still live in your town and you could just switch between locations so if you didnt want to live in the other town you could still visit it or your friend could come visit in your town but only if you are both online together.
  • Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    Jazz2418 wrote: »
    I really wish they had an option for a normal online sims like you have your town and you could give a friend a code and they type that in so they could come to your town and live there, and you could play with eachother in the same town how good would that be!? Imagine a friend making a town, and your playing your sims in your town and think stuff it I want to move and you could sell your house pack up your belongings and move to your friend's town (your money moves with you aswell) and buy a house or block of land in theor town that would be yours, and ofcourse you couldnt change anything in the town unless you brought it like real life stuff sp like businesses and all of that, and if your friend wanted to visit you and your sims at your house but you werent online it would just say they aren't home or something so you organise to get on at the same time as your friend so your sims can play and interact together and all of that. Also if your friend decided they didnt want you living in their town anymore, being their original town they would have the power to evict you from the town meaning all your belongings would be packed up and you would be paid out for the value of your house, and ofcourse that would just be the sim or sim family you chose to play with so you could always have other families that still live in your town and you could just switch between locations so if you didnt want to live in the other town you could still visit it or your friend could come visit in your town but only if you are both online together.

No thanks.