The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Singing in Showers

I think only sims with certain traits should sing in the shower. I made a grumpy sim and it just feels out of character for him to sing while he is showering :/

Comments

• Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,321 Member
    edited January 2020
    fluffykins wrote: »
    I think only sims with certain traits should sing in the shower. I made a grumpy sim and it just feels out of character for him to sing while he is showering :/

Heh heh! A grumpy Sim singing would be funny!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6pqHDacLJ4
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    fluffykins wrote: »

Lol. I wonder what song are they singing while showering. But, I totally agree. I think this is more of the reasons that we need a major personality overhaul.
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    I cant remember hearing my Sims sing in the shower I really need watch for it. But instead of singing grumpy Sims should mutter angrily in the shower that really should be added if they update the traits and stop making them all exactly the same.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • ravynwolvfravynwolvf Posts: 1,073 Member
    The weird things is, if you click sing in the shower, they usually don't actually sing (though they get the skill gain). But if you just have them take a regular shower, they usually do if they are in a decent mood. There's a "sing in the shower" potential animation outcome that is in the regular shower, but a different sing in the shower animation choice in the coding that doesn't seem to work great. Like I said, weird, and I swapped it in my game.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    What’s a “grumpy” Sim?
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,442 Member
    I've noticed more of my Sims singing in the shower lately. And one of my gloomy Sims, during a Winterfest gathering at the bluffs, just stood there and sang, which really annoys me. I'm going to have to cheat to take that skill away now. :|

Maybe there's a singing bug.
    #Team Occult
  • annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    edited January 2020
    I agree autonomous singing in the shower should be related to traits and mood. I thought it was until I saw this thread. Hopefully personalities will be improved at some stage so that traits have more depth and impact on behaviour like this. My main sim almost always sings in the shower, but he is a music lover with max singing skill so this is perfectly in character. I will have to pay more attention to see how his mood impacts on this, but I have heard him crying in the shower before when he's sad (which makes me sad lol). His partner sings in the shower sometimes too, but he is a cheerful sim so I guess it isn't necessarily out of character for him either and his singing voice definitely isn't as good.
    Post edited by annaliese39 on
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,654 Member
    I agree about not all sims singing, or at least they should not sing in the same way.

Also, I wish the singing features would be better synced with singing skill. A sim with no singing skills do sing the holiday cheers nearly perfectly, but if starting to practice singing it sounds terrible (as feels right on the first levels). It would be better if both singing holiday cheers and singing in the shower would reflect the singing skill level. We should at least have 2 versions (bad or good), different singing quality would not be needed for every single singing skill level. Just don't want my total newbie to sing the same way as the skilled superstar.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • DizzyDi34DizzyDi34 Posts: 449 Member
    sing in the shower? more like whistle in the shower that`s all i`ve seen my sim do so far when she `sings in the shower`and its starting to annoy me :(
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,836 Member
    I love that they always sound much better singing in the shower than in other situations, unless they are actually skilled in singing. Lots of us sound better singing in the shower than elsewhere ;)
  • WhatCobblersWhatCobblers Posts: 2,754 Member
    edited February 2021
    I'd like merfolk to sing with their mer-voices in the shower, rather than just their regular human voices. My merman has a really nice singing voice and it's a shame he doesn't sing with it elsewhere.