Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How could the Outdoor Retreat GP be improved?

Comments

• ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    catitude5 wrote: »
    It could have been prettier.

When it first came out, I thought that was the one thing it had goin for it lol
  • Becka28Becka28 Posts: 1,870 Member
    I would love canoeing and sailing. A new country style dance like square dance. Hiking together. Archery and axe throwing sound awesome. A central commons lot with movies/ cafe / bar type functions.

I like herbalism and collecting insects but the current party option is just fiery doom. Improve the weenie roast. I would like a different type of party too maybe a country sports challenge with wood chopping and competitive events.

My biggest gripe is making it toddler friendly so they dont get sent to daycare. You take your children on holidays in rl.
  • netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    For me I love this pack it's one of my favourite GPs and don't find it boring at all and love a lot of the items and gameplay that comes with it. The only aspects I would like to have open waters on the lake bit and although I don't think it's possible is to have the ability to live in the world. I wish my sims could live in Selvadaorda too. Actually I wish there was no holiday worlds but have the option to turn lots into rental lots in all worlds so then my sims can go on holiday in any world they wish.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    I feel like there are not enough unique things to do in the Granite Falls world. I also would like for my Sims to be able to live in Granite Falls full-time (without mods). Compared to Jungle Adventure, OR is boring to me. I’m not sure what they could add to make it more worthwhile to send my Sims on vacation here.

That being said, I’m curious how you all think this particular pack could be improved. And yes, the recent survey inspired this question lol

I like OR, a lot. I think there are other packs that could use actual improvement more, but here's my two cents on how to improve it:
    1. swimmable lakes
    2. modern boat for fishing in the lake
    3. ability to see/interact/catch wild animals (ex: birds, owls, deer)
    4. campground lot type (similar to dorms but sims will occupy tents instead)
    5. sleeping bags
    6. picnic baskets
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited January 2020
    catitude5 wrote: »
    It could have been prettier.

Totally disagree. It's already quite pretty.

RrRBS3V.png

It's a forest, what were you expecting...? A Cinderella palace?
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
    edited January 2020
    Becka28 wrote: »
    I would love canoeing and sailing. A new country style dance like square dance. Hiking together. Archery and axe throwing sound awesome. A central commons lot with movies/ cafe / bar type functions.

I like herbalism and collecting insects but the current party option is just fiery doom. Improve the weenie roast. I would like a different type of party too maybe a country sports challenge with wood chopping and competitive events.

My biggest gripe is making it toddler friendly so they dont get sent to daycare. You take your children on holidays in rl.

Now that you mention it, I don't think I have ever done the herbalism stuff. Or if I have, it was a long time ago.
  • CaprianaBCaprianaB Posts: 511 Member
    I haven't had the pack long, so I'm still exploring. A lot of the ideas shared here seem really fun. Hoping we can get more activities in an upcoming patch.
  • NylaliaNylalia Posts: 64 Member
    I have Seasons and I would like to be able to take the dog for a jog in Outdoor Retreat's forest during summer.
    Exercise gear doesn't count as hot weather clothing, so my Sim started burning to death while getting some fresh air exercise with her puppy.
    I was enjoying the forest immensely up until that point.
  • Stina1701AStina1701A Posts: 1,184 Member
    Pretty much everything already mention goes into my oh heck! YES! pile, especially the axe throwing and sack races. Throwing axes would be the coolest Sim thing ever, imho. I would also love the world to be bigger, espcecially more lots for community buildings. I already put down a luxury spa there and I really wanted another community lot, but I really didn't want to sacrifice more of the rental lots. A bar would be lovely though.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    What Outdoor Retreat needs is open water to swim in where you can row a boat on and fish from. It would have been nice had they added something as basic as collecting wood and starting your own fire to cook on also to keep warm now that Seasons is here. A summer camp option for kids would have been nice with a few group activity games.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • c4tlover123468c4tlover123468 Posts: 27 Member
    I just got it, and I mainly use it for tents and campfires, not really for anything else. Maybe the campsites could have daily competitions, eg fishing, sports, etc
  • SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    Some actual wildlife: Bears, deer, raccoons...jackalopes....
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
  • Becka28Becka28 Posts: 1,870 Member
    Some actual wildlife: Bears, deer, raccoons...jackalopes....

This would be great especially combined with the photography skill so you could photograph them.
    Nylalia wrote: »
    I have Seasons and I would like to be able to take the dog for a jog in Outdoor Retreat's forest during summer.
    Exercise gear doesn't count as hot weather clothing, so my Sim started burning to death while getting some fresh air exercise with her puppy.

I thought they patched this.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,956 Member
    edited January 2020
    Amapola76 wrote: »
    sleeping bags

I can't believe I didn't just list that this is really the perfect place for sleeping bag
    the place where it belongs
    tree climbing, tug of war, zipline and canoes.

also these especially tree climbing let my sims climb some
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    edited January 2020
    Perhaps adding more activities such as, hiking, caving, treasure hunting (like JA), rowing/canoeing/tubing, bird watching, boat fishing, gather firewoods, replanting the trees, rope swing, survival game, truth or dare game, playing with flashlights in the wood, make a map for kids, pet friendly area, rent a bike/ATV, & many more. Just to name a few.

Or link it to another world/neighbourhood perhaps, under/behind the waterfall, that lead towards the Secret World of Gnomes. I always wonder where do they come from. It seems like they hold a lot of secrets. Do they have families, a leader, a village? I just thought that Granite Fall could probably be one of the entrances towards their magical land. Just my 2 cents. :D
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • NylaliaNylalia Posts: 64 Member

Just now tried it out again. She still got overheated while jogging with the puppy in the forest. This time, at least she managed to complete the jog without spontaneously combusting. Then she went straight into the cabin, immediately made stracciatella gelato, and helped herself to a large cone.

(Last time, she just flashed translucent orange and vanished in less than a second. No urn. Family was clueless. She was just gone, leaving her dog alone in the forest. I was sad, then restarted from an earlier save, this time turning off temperature effects on Sims in Game Options.)

No mods or CC installed.

Just now tried it out again. She still got overheated while jogging with the puppy in the forest. This time, at least she managed to complete the jog without spontaneously combusting. Then she went straight into the cabin, immediately made stracciatella gelato, and helped herself to a large cone.

(Last time, she just flashed translucent orange and vanished in less than a second. No urn. Family was clueless. She was just gone, leaving her dog alone in the forest. I was sad, then restarted from an earlier save, this time turning off temperature effects on Sims in Game Options.)

No mods or CC installed.

Hmm maybe they made it so if you're exercising in extreme temperatures, you can still get cold/hot BUT you won't die. I remember it was a big problem that Sims kept dying even those you don't control. So that's what I thought they patched. I could be wrong though.
  • verlainemverlainem Posts: 837 Member
    Simmingal wrote: »
    some possibilities that come to mind:

1.more woodworking stuff your sims could make

2. more cabin furniture and build things to make cabins

3. werewolves could be there in the woods i mean true some people would hate another occult but would fit right in
    or bigfoot or such

4. or even just actual bears not costume

5. birdwatching be nice add here

6. interactive animals in general

7. log rolling

8. slap dance

9. open water lakes since tbh what is the point of lakes if I can't swim and boat in them

10. ladders (jk more of base game update if anything but many cabins here have them so idk man)

11. making rafts? (if boats are too similar now)

12. axe throwing

13. board games? are rather usual cabin holiday entertainment cause kids get bored

14. hunting? either by old or new methods or both it should be pack for hunter gatherer not just gatherer gatherer

15. make residentials possible there because lowkey this is the type of place I live in and it seems stupid to vacation

16. honestly some things in winter vacay theme would fit in here too

17. also now that we have off grid carrying water from lake to use water cause that is one annoying part of cabin life in many of them

18. making hot chocolate perhaps? for cozy needs

Awesome suggestions - don't forget outhouses lol many cabins have them as well
    EA ID burnished_dragon
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,956 Member
    verlainem wrote: »

3. werewolves could be there in the woods i mean true some people would hate another occult but would fit right in
    or bigfoot or such

7. log rolling

8. slap dance

9. open water lakes since tbh what is the point of lakes if I can't swim and boat in them

10. ladders (jk more of base game update if anything but many cabins here have them so idk man)

11. making rafts? (if boats are too similar now)

12. axe throwing

13. board games? are rather usual cabin holiday entertainment cause kids get bored

14. hunting? either by old or new methods or both it should be pack for hunter gatherer not just gatherer gatherer

15. make residentials possible there because lowkey this is the type of place I live in and it seems stupid to vacation

16. honestly some things in winter vacay theme would fit in here too

17. also now that we have off grid carrying water from lake to use water cause that is one annoying part of cabin life in many of them

18. making hot chocolate perhaps? for cozy needs

Awesome suggestions - don't forget outhouses lol many cabins have them as well

yeah it visited my mind but I sort of feel we could make them like as normal toilet with some walls and stuff
    but true it wouldn't hurt to have authentic ones with woody seating and all
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    The only improvement I need is for it to be residential.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    Lemon405 wrote: »

or bigfoot or such

7. log rolling

8. slap dance

11. making rafts? (if boats are too similar)

Maybe no dances or songs... anyone remember the Sea Chanty vacation plague from Sims 2? The last thing I want is every Sim in game randomly cutting loose with a slap dance. 😂

idk man i love me some dance styles even if it is silly thats lowkey what saved JA for me since tbh i hardly use vacation aspects of it

@Simmingal I love JA's new dance style hahaha its the best thing in forever
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    Sleeping bags, more nature and scenery, swimming, and a mountain hike... Plus maybe guided camps. Like kids day camps that were active where kids learn about nature and how to swim and make crafts etc. Maybe even an overnighter on the last night.
  • So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    edited January 2020
    It can’t. Not without the ability to take boats or jet skis out on a lake.
  • c4tlover123468c4tlover123468 Posts: 27 Member
    edited January 2020
    Plus maybe guided camps. Like kids day camps that were active where kids learn about nature and how to swim and make crafts etc. Maybe even an overnighter on the last night.

@SimAlexandria I love that! That is such a good idea!