Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I kind of hate the rating systems on beds...

I like a certain style of bed but then they wake up with sore backs. This is one things I've always hated in the sims is bed ratings. :-/
heartstopper-couple.gif

Comments

• akaniki0akaniki0 Posts: 470 Member
    I agree completely.
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,370 Member
    Same here. I'd love to be able to upgrade beds with handiness skill.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    I downloaded a mod that makes all beds be level 10 comfort and Sims gain sleep faster but only if you “purchase an upgraded mattress” for that particular Sim. It solves this problem for me.
  • BatmanFanGirlBatmanFanGirl Posts: 1,298 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    I downloaded a mod that makes all beds be level 10 comfort and Sims gain sleep faster but only if you “purchase an upgraded mattress” for that particular Sim. It solves this problem for me.

Are you allowed to link me to it?
    heartstopper-couple.gif
  • iliekponieziliekponiez Posts: 454 Member
    edited January 2020
    I've been annoyed with bed ratings since Sims 2. We really need a way to upgrade furniture to be more comfy.
  • jooxisjooxis Posts: 515 Member
    Yes, all beds should give energy at the same rate/speed pretty much like in real life. I wouldn't mind "uncomfortable" moodlets from the cheapest ones (moodlets don't do anything anyway) but they should all replenish energy equally.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    I think we should be able to upgrade beds for energy levels. But I actually like the rating system and have used it in my story telling often. And I love how slow the toddler beds fills energy because they generally do sleep longer and it gives my sims a much needed break.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,106 Member
    I don't mind the fact that there are rating systems, I just wish we had better customisation options per bed. It would be great if we could customise the bedding and frame separately.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • asimbsimasimbsim Posts: 476 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »

Are you allowed to link me to it?

I think this is the one you're looking for.
    https://littlemssam.tumblr.com/post/175404780378/buy-a-better-mattress-better-energycomfort-on
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,644 Member
    In like that the energy gain varies from bed to bed. And I find it natural that the objects' price tag reflects the level of quality. So, in catalog mostly sorting by price will also give a sort by sleep quality. I like that most sims needs a full night's sleep to recharge, rather than get up after only a couple hours sleep.

But I totally agree that the bed design might look more costy in the eyes of the simmer than of game developers. Would be nice if we could somehow adjust all those settings.

If you have one favorite bed that you often use, but it has poor energy level, you could clone the objects (free software needed) and then give the cloned object whatever price and qualities you like.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • phantasmkissphantasmkiss Posts: 1,520 Member
    I like the idea of being able to upgrade a bed. As it is, I do a lot of designing my Sims' bedrooms around the comfort level of the beds we have, and end up using the same few a lot of the time. The Cordelia bed doesn't always work in the kids' room, but it means my Sims don't have to go to bed at 7pm to be rested up by the time school starts. I want to play my Sims, not just watch them sleep because I had to put in a cheap bed.
    4TJdLHA.png
    Tumblr | Sims 4 Gallery | Sims 3 Page
    Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
    Give Me a Story, I'll Give You a Build | The Bunker Challenge | CowplantSports
  • fiercephoenix91fiercephoenix91 Posts: 175 Member
    I feel the same way. Some beds I really wanna use and like, but their energy is like... a 9-10 (or 8) and then they wake up too soon and if their other needs are fine, I just stare at them, not sure what to do next...
  • Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member
    This is going to sound like a tangent, but... in previous iterations of the game, when the sim went to bed, you could see a little timer if you hovered over the sleep bar that indicated when (the hour and minute) they would wake up on their own/if you let the sleep bar fill all the way. The reason I bring this up is that now we don't have that feature anymore, it makes it even harder to guess when to send them to bed, particularly with the sleep ratings all over the place. I'd like to see two things at the same time: a return to the sleep time indicator, and as other people have suggested, the ability to improve/customize the bed settings with handiness.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited January 2020
    I don't like furniture ratings for any type of furniture. The ratings just influence the items chosen for decorating instead of just picking the items you like you pick the one which has the higher rating. As mentioned above it would be nicer if we could just pick any item and then upgrade it to be a higher rated item later on if we wanted to.
  • Stina1701AStina1701A Posts: 1,183 Member
    I feel the same way. Some beds I really wanna use and like, but their energy is like... a 9-10 (or 8) and then they wake up too soon and if their other needs are fine, I just stare at them, not sure what to do next...

I just put them back to sleep until I want them to wake up. Works for me. For instance, if a Sim wakes up at 4 in the morning I just KNOW she/he is going to be dead on her feet 12-14 hours later or so and thus has no time for her/him to have fun after school/work or have a late night fun. I solve it by ordering her/him back to bed and then wake them manually a little later in the morning.
  • BatmanFanGirlBatmanFanGirl Posts: 1,298 Member
    icmnfrsh wrote: »
    I like how the patch comes out a day later to address this exact issue :D

Right?!?!! Maybe I should complain about something specific before patch days more often!!! :o
    heartstopper-couple.gif
  • So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    Bed frames should not have a comfort rating. Mattresses should. Separate the two and problem solved.
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    So_Money wrote: »
    Bed frames should not have a comfort rating. Mattresses should. Separate the two and problem solved.

Well the comfort situation is kind of moot now but separating them for the sake of customization would still be great. I have the separated in game beds from Brazen Lotus, but they only did them up to Jungle Adventures and aren't updating it anymore as far as I can tell. I would love to be able to pick what frame I want for what mattress across all packs, for all beds.
  • applefeather2applefeather2 Posts: 4,003 Member
    Kimmer wrote: »

Perfect idea!!!
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,472 Member
    What is this sorcery, OP? XD
    My Top Song of the Day: Fancy Footwork by Chromeo
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,303 Member
    It's funny actually. I had some basic mediocre decent beds in a house, and two high comfort couches. The Sims chose to sleep on the couches instead of the beds. :D
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,370 Member

Perfect idea!!!

Looks like our wishes came true. :)
  • Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member

Psh. Like that'll ever happen. :D
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png