Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is TS team improving EP's and GP's?!

Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
npmljPy.png

I hope a lot of people picked these up....because these are the packs that were most incomplete in regards to their themes....

IL's mermaids left a lot to be desired, not a lot of detail was put into some of the EP features, like how there's no reward for completing the mural, no underwater lots, no sand castle fail, lounge chairs were very bare bones, sims can't read or listen to music while sunbathing...no 2 sim boats...just overall very poorly made and much inferior to Island Paradise.

GTW....I hope they can improve the retail. I love OFB and this pack was just sad.....I wish we could have seen escalators, sims forming lines in the register, costumer loyalty stars, sims carrying shopping bags after making a purchase, more grocery store assets, having to go shop for clothes and ingredients like in TS2...etc.

Realm of Magic was imo not good....I just felt like it should have been an EP. Spellcasters are repetitive, there weren't a lot of new spells (considering how a lot of them were recycled), familiars were very underwhelming, the gameplay was unbalanced, I also would have liked to see a smaller cauldron...etc.
mHdgPlU.jpg?1

Comments

• CK213CK213 Posts: 20,525 Member
    I picked the same three. :)
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,644 Member
    I don't expect a lot of isolated improvements to packs that were already released, but I guess they will use this survey to see if new features in a future pack could also be nested with content or features of existing packs. If so, it might be good to learn what packs simmers would like them to focus on.

Adding new stuff to existing packs would not bring them any new sales, so it has to be as part of new packs, methinks.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • KruegerKrueger Posts: 130 Member
    I don't expect a lot of isolated improvements to packs that were already released, but I guess they will use this survey to see if new features in a future pack could also be nested with content or features of existing packs. If so, it might be good to learn what packs simmers would like them to focus on.

Adding new stuff to existing packs would not bring them any new sales, so it has to be as part of new packs, methinks.

That's what I was thinking. Especially with all of the winter sports and resort questions. I wouldn't be surprised if they already had a resort pack in the works and are planning to add some updates to Seasons within it.
  • WaytoomanyUIDsWaytoomanyUIDs Posts: 844 Member
    There's no option for all of the above, unfortunately.
    Origin/Gallery ID: WaytoomanyUIDs
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,408 Member
    I choose the same packs as the op.

Get to work :
    - improved aliens with more perks, new powers and preferably even some more alien clothes (toddlers should get a proper alien suit, not just a diaper
    realm of magic :
    - child friendly spells for children
    - actually use the magnificent looking greenhouse
    - more spells
    - improved familiars, I want to actually be able to touch them, feed them, physically pet them
    Island living :
    - underwater lots to visit
    - a secret underwater lot for mermaids
    - child and toddler mermaids : just a fish tail and a swimming animation would make a huge difference
    - two sims being able to share a boat, and the passenger sim should be able to be child or adult.

these were the most important ones to me but if I could have selected more packs I would have also liked
    discover university
    - Bikes for children and even tricycles for toddlers
    City living
    - allow us to build apartments, or at the very least give another world with apartments. Maybe 'apartments' in the form of terraced houses.

In general I would not mind new version of expansion specific object like hot tubs or washing machines. Just a new look with the same functions.
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    I started the survey and chose the same options as the OP but dropped out as I thought about it, I wanted more features than EA/Maxis may not be able to reintroduce and over time I had lost interest in the Sims 4 as the features that I want may be better than an polished pack. There is too many new games that are out there now that takes up my time.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    I know I picked Island Living and Realm of Magic, but I can't remember what else I picked.
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    I did IL, gt and gtw
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    I chose island living,outdoor retreat and seasons
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Colorist40Colorist40 Posts: 7,102 Member
    I chose seasons, cats and dogs, and dine out
  • sprootsproot Posts: 590 Member
    I chose GTW, IL, and GF. GF because I'd like to have my celebrity sims go to interviews and whatnot. They might be rabbitholes, but getting calls or notifications for interviews and photoshoots would just make them seem more celebrity-like I guess.
    IMG-6587.gif
  • rambahadoerrambahadoer Posts: 405 Member
    I chose

Get to work
    I want at home bussineses and improvements made to the retail system

City living

Buildable apartments PLEASE

island living
    The abillity for up to 4 sims to ride a boat at the same time
    Fire walk pit
    Surfing
    Just more stuff to make it feel like an expansion
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    I know I chose gtw. Maybe even OR, but not sure about the 3rd one.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,351 Member
    I chose Island living, but probably not for the same reasons as many. I love how immersive the culture of Selvadorada felt in JA, and I didn't get the same feel in Sulani, so that's how I'd hope they improved Island living.
    Realm of Magic - I love it. I want more. (And I want kids to be able to do something.)
    and for the last I chose Get Famous because I use it the least, so I'm hoping they add something that will make me want to visit Del Sol valley and explore fame more.

Assuming, of course, those three get picked.
  • FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    edited January 2020
    I picked GTW because I loved playing the Dr. Career. Lost interest because there were too many co-workers becoming ghost over time. I would like them to auto retire the elder workers when they are nearing the end of their life. Polish it up to where the workers actually do their job! I have played the Science and Detective Careers a few times but was more into the Dr. Career. I never owned or played a retail shop, so any improvements on these would be awesome for all of you who do play them.

I picked GT but not sure why, LOL. I do visit the clubs and would like to see more dance moves added and would love to see the club members actually do group dancing on their own (the only time they do that is if my sim joins a club and I initiate it).

I picked CL because I would love to have more Karaoke songs to sing (love singing duets) and would love a singing career. I would also love for them to allow us to build apartments in other worlds (they did ask if we would like to own another lot). I would build an apartment, live in my other house, sit back and collect rent (I want to be the landlord).

GT and CL are the ones I can't live without, I love those two packs.

I am curious if anyone created a separate thread for #7. Not sure I answered that one right or not :D
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,015 Member

I know this is the truth, but some naive, hopeful part of me thinks different. Like, EA/Maxis have seen how much power consumers have, and how we can dismantle franchises and reputations if they keep on putting out bad content. And they want to repair their already-shaky image with some improvements.

Again, I know I'm wrong. But I can dream.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,138 Member
    I also chose these three but for slightly different reasons.

GTW - I mainly just want improved aliens and a livable alien world.

IL - I'd like underwater lots to explore and a unique mermaid tomestone/urn

ROM - Mostly just more spells
  • NationalPokedexNationalPokedex Posts: 829 Member
    I picked GTW hoping they would add more active careers and also if they could rethink the retail aspect into more of just owning any kind of business aspect. So Sims can own a lot where shopping might not be the focus, but a cost-driven service is possible. Like owning a spa where you pay to get in or pay for getting a massage. Also, hoping the shopping experience can be quicker and some Sims can just walk in, make a purchase, and be out the door. Also a way to use the cash register rather than just the tablet (don't know why the cash register is there if it can't be used). Also things you mentioned like Sims getting boxes or bags after they've purchased something, Sims standing in lines at the register, a way to create a working grocery store, etc.

I didn't pick the other two you voted for because I don't have them.
  • haisinhaisin Posts: 948 Member
    IL, because it would be great it there were more special things to do in Sulani. I wouldn't necessarily need underwater lot, but I'd like to have more activities, such as jumping from the cliff into the water, something to do with the volcano and there are those small round ponds in Lani St. Taz, I keep thinking about the hot springs of TS2 Bon Voyage when I see those small ponds.

C&D... I don't have this pack and I don't know whether I'll ever get it, so I thought it would be nice if it was polished and maybe some new animals were added to it, but I doubt that will happen, so I kind of regret picking it.

Then I picked either OR or RoM. I don't remember which one. OR, because I don't have it yet, but I'm going to get it, because I want tents and there are some nice items, a new trait and some nice animations, I really want my sims to be able to starsgaze and tell campfire stories. Yet I hear people saying it doesn't have much content and isn't good, so I thought perhaps it would need something more. RoM, because it is a cool pack, but I feel like there could have been more, such as familiars could do more, toddlers and children should have some spell casting abilities and that greenhouse in magic realm, I would love to be able to enter it or at least rabbit hole it.

I wonder if they could make a pack for occult kid/toddler abilities and other kid/toddler activities (gardening, cycling) if they aren't going to add stuff to the old packs. I would want those things.
  • candybootcandyboot Posts: 129 Member
    I want them to polish dine out(because it's so buggy), city living(the apartments can be improved in numerous ways), and seasons(because I want snow depth).
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited January 2020
    I chose Island Living, Dine Out and Seasons. I only chose seasons because the snow looks like poop. :D
  • FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    I think they all can use some polishing ;)
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    These got my vote.

Island Living - Very basic really nothing to do if your not into mermaids and trash cleaning they were serious when they named it island living because that's about all there is to do.

Get to Work - The retail system is beyond basic no cash register Sims purchase clothing off a mannequin its just weird and lazy no real game play or reason to use it why is all the clothing from this pack unlocked why even go clothing shopping

Parenthood - I love this pack the more parenting options the better
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    These got my vote.

Island Living - Very basic really nothing to do if your not into mermaids and trash cleaning they were serious when they named it island living because that's about all there is to do.

Get to Work - The retail system is beyond basic no cash register Sims purchase clothing off a mannequin its just weird and lazy no real game play or reason to use it why is all the clothing from this pack unlocked why even go clothing shopping

Parenthood - I love this pack the more parenting options the better

These were the same three I voted for for the same reasons. I’d just really love to see parenthood expanded on too because it’s a great pack. The other two are just not great and could use some tweaks especially island living.