Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Survey Time! (Survey Closed)

Comments

• Options
    TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    Yess they asked about personalities, relationships, and CAS! I really hope they implement the things mentioned here, these would be really great quality of life improvements!
    Yess they asked about personalities, relationships, and CAS! I really hope they implement the things mentioned here, these would be really great quality of life improvements!

I put 10 on everything that relates to personality :D
  • Options
    Bearpal64Bearpal64 Posts: 1,117 Member
    An awesome survey! Feels like lots of consideration went into this one.

My EP Gameplay polish ideas;

Get To Work
    - Aliens need an overhaul and seeing how Vampires basically set the bar for life states I feel they could borrow from that idea and make Aliens much more customized and fun!
    - Retail - revamp the retail system with the vastly superior Dine Out system but also add in the option of making paid venues. Imagine having a night club that made you money or a bowling alley or even just a bar etc. Sometimes making money isn't just about selling stuff.
    - Perks - why can't we see any perks we purchased anywhere?
    - Detective career is available so why not also have burglars?
    - Active Careers are pretty good as they are (I mean there can always be more right?) But my idea for this part is simple: Add a way to randomize new work tasks and make active work lots editable. 1) It's our game it's our world's why limit the player like that and also 2) the science career lot is overlooked somehow and it allows for editing. My lot functions perfectly and it's awesome looking. Other minor note about GTW is I wish NPC workers would act like they are working. The hospital is the worst for this. Patients line up, the receptionist doesn't even greet them. Nurses stand and chat all day with the same patient. Doctors just perform lab work all day long. Tasks should also be related to job rank. For example Chief of Staff should have more administrative duties instead of the same duties as intern.

City Living
    Lot Type - Apartment. Apartments exist why can't I make them?
    In a giant Apartment building why is there only one or two floors? Why can't there be apartments on like 4 or 5 floors?
    City Life just doesn't feel very City to me. Where is the hustle and bustle?
    Festivals - why don't festivals appear on the calendar?

Get Together
    - More Club Icons please

Cats and Dogs
    Selectable Pets - and by that I just mean being able to click on them and see traits, needs, age and to cancel interactions. I don't care if I can't control them but sometimes just being able to cancel an action they are doing might just help solve a stuck Sim or 2.
    Pet Stores - and the ability to make them ala GTW Retail Feature.
    More toys for pets
    Children Pet Interactions. Why can't kids walk dogs?
    Pets sleep on same beds as Sims at the same time.
    NPC - Dog Walkers/Trainers as a service.
    Dog Walker/Trainer as a career option.
    Brindleton Bay World trait for every world. I learned that NPC Sims only walk their dogs in Brindleton Bay. Strays only appear in Brindleton Bay and Selvadora worlds.

Seasons
    - More Holiday traditions and Icons please!
    - More activities for the other Seasons. Spring and Summer don't have much new.
    - Revamped Snowball/Water balloon /Mud fights.
    - Snow Depth?
    - Hot and Cold Outfits - basically enter the house and switch back to everyday especially if wearing cold outdoors
    - Snow shoveling should not be set as an autonomous action or if it is it should be set to a lower priority. Sims should never drop everything to go shovel snow.

Get Famous
    -Being Famous should include musical based careers too.
    - Households shouldn't career too much about Famous household members or if they do they should get over it quick.
    - Sims Movies. We watch them act or be in commercials but it doesn't really come into the world. It would be cool to have a little video or something of a Sims big scene or a movie or something.

Island Living
    - Mermaid Revamp - similar to Vampires/Spellcaster/Actor UI

Discover University
    University Schedule - There has to be a better less complex way of tracking a Sims classes and progress than trying to copy the career UI. Also if you are copying the career UI why isn't there a performance meter per class?
    Class - Why can't we see which building is the building for current classes?
    Class Options - Similar to how the career work tones work but these don't tell the player what they do or benefits they provide. Why would I take notes over actively listen?
    Graduation - Why do I sent my Sim to another lot to then watch them disappear into a building as the graduation ceremony?
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    All those relationship features are so great! I want all of them. XD
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 1,966 Member
    May they can do more With the game being 64-bit and not needing to be compatible to older OSs and configurations now.
  • Options
    ApparentlyAwesomeApparentlyAwesome Posts: 1,523 Member
    Simmingal wrote: »
    I so wish I could specify what I mean when there is so many I just go like YES - but no-,

like for example there was this question about daytrips and I sort of feel we can do that already with clubs and holidays and all
    but if the things they could do during these daytrips were something we can't do in game already id say big yes
    because new group and family and couple activities are big big yes

no need to in specific have daytrips but id like more activities i could add to my holidays and clubs that sims could actually do together

you get me?

similarily there was question on luxury hotels and meanwhile I think it be cool once in a while id also want the hotels to not be just luxury like give me some dodgy ones as well would you? id so like one of those dodgy hotels where we could get our possessions stolen and all :sunglasses:
    and yes we need to be able to manage hotels what is the point of hotel if I can't build one and run it and make townies life miserable

Yes! I'm still not sure how to answer because of this. I like this survey better than the previous ones but I still wish I could explain because if they go based simply off my choices they'd likely get the wrong impression. An option underneath them all if we want to provide more detail would've been so helpful to me.

I'm not getting excited for change since they stressed POTENTIAL changes and/or features and I've been disappointed before but I hope some of the changes and improvements I've been wanting to see since the base game happen.
    KqGXVAC.jpg
  • Options
    cutefrutypiecutefrutypie Posts: 39 Member
    With what brands?
    Holly Sims everyone know

I K E A

Is that so difficult???
  • Options
    KruegerKrueger Posts: 130 Member
    [quote="Hoverael;c-17369626"][quote="Lemon405;c-17369605"][quote="Hoverael;c-17369540"][quote="Lemon405;c-17369526"]

They mean what kind of collaborated content SP would you be interested in, like the Moschino SP. So maybe they’ve realized they picked the most off the wall weird and unknown fashion designer and maybe it’s not as “cool” as they thought.

I listed off a ton of more well-known, not plum, middle of the road options that shouldn’t alienate the majority of age groups. [/quote]

you answered the concern i've been considering, thanks, so now you know what my thoughts are, but you didn't answer as to what kind of brands or the purpose they would represent on TS4 though.

[b]Again some detail needed on what exactly EA are aiming at and which types of companies or charities they are lining up. [/b]I'd be perfectly happy to pay full price on a DLC product if it meant half of it is going to a really needy cause and awareness is raised about it. i mean something like helping women with breast cancer, or helping children out of abusive families, those i wouldn't want to give a second thought to and is something very worthy. but if they support a company just for the means of making money behind a marketing excuse? Then i'm not interested.

I can't answer to question because of that concern and lack of transparency from the writer of the survey.[/quote]

That’s what they are asking. What Brand/Company/Name etc. do You want to see them work with.

If you want to see a Stuff Pack for Breast Cancer awareness, then list one of those foundations.

If you want to see a future SP for child abuse awareness, list one of those organizations.

In the past, these collaborated packs have just been a way to introduce clothing and items into the game that they normally wouldn’t be able to do because they don’t have the licensing to do so.

I believe it was Sims 2/3 where they partnered with Dr. Pepper, 7-11, and all sorts of other people to do special promotional items. But in the context of Sims 4, it would most likely be a stuff pack and I don’t see any reason why they couldn’t expand on things to do things like Save the Oceans, and partner with a charity to bring content to game and donate a portion of sales to the organization. It would be pretty cool. [/quote]

What is it they want to do going forward and how can we help them line up with any goals for their brand link up? If i suggested they work with the Russian FSB as a brand in its own right, will i expect that we have Russian spies in this game? And what kind of reaction will that get if EA said yes to it? absurd or not, i'm not presuming to know for them what is they want to do or the type of reaction expected.

How can i know what type of brand they want to align with? they need to give an idea of the mindset and direction they wish to go in so i can help them offer a brand. I won't hear anything more on this subject if you aren't going to cooperate with me some more.[/quote]

[i]But they don't have a specific goal in mind[/i]. They are asking us, the community, what brands we want them to partner with. If you want them to partner with a charity, you can out that and why. But the entire point of them asking that question was that they do not have a specific mindset, direction,, theme, or goal as far as collaborations go. They want the players to tell them what directions WE want them to go in, what goals WE want them to achieve, and what brands WE want to see in the game.
  • Options
    tsing_306tsing_306 Posts: 14 New Member
    With brands, I put down Timberland lol. As a fan of Jungle Adventure, I've always felt like none of the shoes in CAS look comfortable enough for long-distance hiking.
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    tsing_306 wrote: »
    With brands, I put down Timberland lol. As a fan of Jungle Adventure, I've always felt like none of the shoes in CAS look comfortable enough for long-distance hiking.

That's a great idea! I love my Timberlands, I wear them all the time.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    TamakiSakura84TamakiSakura84 Posts: 543 Member
    edited January 2020
    Bearpal64 wrote: »
    An awesome survey! Feels like lots of consideration went into this one.

City Living
    Festivals - why don't festivals appear on the calendar?

Word. Also, festivals should be updated to have covered areas when Seasons is installed. Nobody has fun at a rainy GeekCon.
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    DaWaterRat wrote: »
    LiELF wrote: »

Annnnnd JUNGLE ADVENTURES: I know nobody is going to choose this and it kills me. I want Selvadorada to be livable, not just for vacationing. I think it's my top favorite world and it has culture and danger and exploration. And Archaeologist could/should be a career. And I'd love to have more temple layouts as well as functional temple traps to put into builds so we could build our own dangerous temples. These additions would make this pack outshine some of the EPs. I doubt it will happen because people are voting for other favorites. Alas. 😭

I hadn't thought about that. I guess I'm hoping for a neighboring world to Selvadorada as a livable place, the way I see Newcrest and Willow Springs as being neighboring suburbs (and while not as directly connected, Granite Falls, Glimmerbrook and Forgotten Hollow are all close together in my headcannon.) Because I love Selvadorada, and I would like to live there. But I don't want to live in the neighborhoods that are the part of Selvadorada where Jungle Adventures is set, if that makes any sense. I want that to remain somewhere you visit.

@DaWaterRat I'd love an additional Jungle world, I just don't see them creating one. One of the things I love about Selvadorada is the risk factor of venturing off into the jungle. I like to strand my Sims out there with tents and make them spend a couple of days traveling to the temple. If I had Sims who lived there, I could have an archaeologist (if the career was added) who has to get supplies before going digging and still risks daily getting bitten or poisoned. Occupational hazards, lol. I love it.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    simplyzoesimplyzoe Posts: 428 Member
    About Brands suggestion I put "Lego" that would make the possibilities endless for all ages, I have spent a lot of time playing lego's with my nephews and nieces. It could add game play, sims interaction on all age groups, toys, gaming, clothing and furniture etc
  • Options
    ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    This survey was so fun to fill out and it's been fun reading the discussion comments too. I've been playing this game since the first Sims 1 was released and I really love it, but of course I still want more. ;) There are too many things I want for my game, but I'm going to add twenty things here, just in case the Maxis team reads the comments for feedback ... do they?? I'm choosing my top 20 dream updates to celebrate 20 years of playing this game. And I'm definitely looking forward to the knitting and winter activity updates. I really hope my Grandmother Sims can rock in a rocking chair and knit. And I'd love for the family to go to a winter lot to ski, mountain climb and snowshoe, drink hot chocolate, and do other winter activities!

Top 20 things I'd love for my Sims:

1. More personality and character development. I really want interests, hobbies, memories and personal history with family members and other Sims. More personality traits and satisfaction points reward traits. I'd like relationship chemistry to be added back to the game. I really miss finding the right spouse or best friend for my Sims based on their chemistry and interests. I also miss having hobbies like ballet and martial arts. I also want more personal, family and career goals to achieve in their lifetimes.

2. Cupcakes baked fresh out of the oven. The cupcake factory items need to be added to the stove, please, I'm begging, the thing doesn't fit in my kitchen. Why can't my Sims bake their cupcakes in their ovens? I really want someone to fix the stove so it can cook & bake everything in the game.

3. Enhanced retail shopping. I really want my Sims to keep the purchases they make while shopping at the retail stores and I'd like them to line up at the cash register, even keep the tablet too, but they need to line up like proper customers at the cash. I just don't enjoy running a business anymore like I did in the Sims 2, when my Sims would keep the furniture, items, pets and it was so fun to see what was in their inventory and to add pets to the community through a pet store.

4. Matching furniture colors. I'd like all the furniture colors and wood grains to match and labels added for the matching sets somehow. It takes too long to find furniture sets and mine almost never match. I'd really like the furniture to come in five matching wood shades: white, light brown, medium brown, dark brown and black, and all the same five shades matching the end tables, dressers, mirrors, desks, shelves and storage units. As well as other colors like pink, blue, purple and green. I'd like to choose the blankets separately from the bed frame.

5. A pool slide. I'd really love a pool slide and a smaller slip & slide for outdoor summer backyard activities.

6. Expanded neighbourhood Sims limit. I really love playing with the Maxis premade Sims since Sims 1. I keep all of them in my game, but the 200 limit is not enough, I'd really like a 300 limit.

7. That blue dining table & other heirlooms. Something I really want, which I will probably never see again, is that cheap blue dining table with the white metal legs from the earlier games. It was in Bob and Betty Newbie's Sims 1 home. It was in Brandi Broke's Sims 2 home. My poor Sims raised their families around it and I really miss it. I'd really like a retro furniture and decor pack with stuff from Sims 1 and Sims 2. Where are my pink flamingos for my lawn?

8. Brandi Broke. She was the first Sim I played in Sims 2 with the major graphics update and I was so impressed with her storyline, her hair where you could actually see individual strands in the bangs, and that you could see the steam coming off the frying pan as she cooked. She is my all-time favourite Sim. I tried to make her again, but it's not the same. I can't create her pregnant. I can't create her deceased ghost husband who died by drowning. I would really like her to be added to the game and for it to be possible to create pregnant and baby Sims in CAS and determine how ghosts died in CAS.

10. Baby fever. I would love more furniture and clothing for my baby Sims. I'm dreaming they will be able to crawl one day or be carried around by their parents and for the toddlers and babies to sit in a stroller to take them out to a park.

11. Hot chocolate at home for those winter days. I'd really like hot chocolate and more beverages that can be made at home.

12. A recipe notebook. I would love to be able to see the recipes I've learned in a cookbook that's accessible through the phone on every lot, like where the gardening & science info shows up in the notebook. It's hard to remember what recipes I need to learn when at the festival stalls.

13. More Festivals. I love these so much and I would love more of them in San Myshuno or on other lots. My Sims needs more events to go to and more holiday options to add to their calendars. My Sims never get invited to Museums, the Spa, the Library, the Park etc., for special events or festivals. I would love an ice festival to go with the winter update with ice sculpting, ice fishing, skating, snow building, winter foods and beverages, etc.

14. The Sims 2 Nanny. I'd like to see the Sims 2 Nanny added to the game. I would suggest putting her in the prison cell on the police station lot! She abducted so many of my baby Sims from their homes and just disappeared them from the game! I would like justice and for her to be put in the prison jail. Please, please add her there. ;)

15. A spiral staircase. It was always one of my favourite things to add to a house.

16. More brand collaborations. Ikea, Crate & Barrel, Levis, Adidas, Nike, Gucci, Chanel, etc.. but now I'd really like the team to collaborate with Netflix. I want my Sims to binge watch Netflix TV Shows like I do! Also, it would be fun to have the McDonalds collaboration back so they can order fast food or purchase from a stall. I would love a collab with Uber Eats please!!

17. An orphanage. I think it's time we stopped adopting children over the telephone and got to go to an orphanage instead, to visit the orphans and get to know them before adopting.

18. A sleeping bag. I'd love a sleeping bag to take camping. As well as more camping and outdoor activities at Granite Falls.

19. Horses. I really want horses. An equestrian lot is a must. And a Unicorn. Even mini horses. And reindeer during winterfest.

20. Cars and Motorcycles. Thank you for the bikes, but my Sims would like a car to drive to work in and take for a drive around town.

Those are my top 20 dream updates for 2020 and in case anyone from the team is reading the discussion, thank you so much for 20 years of entertainment and for creating this survey to get our feedback.
  • Options
    SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    I made sure to give them a piece of my mind about the state of male hair styles, the slim trait pickings, the need for unnatural hair colors for Child and Toddler sims, and the fact that we still need werewolves. I'm not fond of the fact that they want to do more brand collabs, though. Still, I made sure they know that, for me at least, the top companies I'd like to see them work with are ones like Funimation and Toei Animation...you know, for an anime-themed pack. I mean, if they're going to put out a branded pack, they should do something a lot more interesting than some lame clothing, furniture, or car brand...
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,960 Member
    edited January 2020
    I made sure to give them a piece of my mind about the state of male hair styles, the slim trait pickings, the need for unnatural hair colors for Child and Toddler sims, and the fact that we still need werewolves. I'm not fond of the fact that they want to do more brand collabs, though. Still, I made sure they know that, for me at least, the top companies I'd like to see them work with are ones like Funimation and Toei Animation...you know, for an anime-themed pack. I mean, if they're going to put out a branded pack, they should do something a lot more interesting than some lame clothing, furniture, or car brand...

i just missed my chances to tell them to collab with some motorcycle brand so id get motorcycles

im an *very not intelligent person*
    // why do forums censor this word am i not allowed to find my own intelligence level inferior
    Post edited by Simmingal on
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    happyopi wrote: »
    Random thought but bromance is already in the game though.

Did everyone forget about that ? Bromantic partners is already a thing that exists.

I love when even the dev team forget about niche features they implemented.
    True but I'd love the bro trait to be expanded on... give those bros more unique things they can only do with other bros beyond "bro hug " or "bro bump" and a confident moodlet when watching sports how about actually reacting to the games they are watching cheering or getting upset while watching a game depending on if their team is winning or losing. So yeah we have it now does it really make a difference in the Sims behavior I'd say no.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    painting_trees89painting_trees89 Posts: 27 Member
    Its so hard to choose which packs they could elaborate on! Asking to pick three or less was a serious challenge. Sounds like some cool stuff coming though! I hope! We still need cars though yo! lol
  • Options
    suzyl3suzyl3 Posts: 513 Member
    If Island Living gets an overhaul the first place they need to start is Sulani and open up some of those closed lock areas that are just set dressing. To add features they will need to add more lots to place stuff on and I think a resort should be added. Also if they can I hope they'll open up the underwater so we can see our sims scuba diving.

I think there's a high chance of active scuba diving happening if they update Island Living. It's an easy area of an island pack that people mention a lot. I for one would love that.
  • Options
    suzyl3suzyl3 Posts: 513 Member
    This is so exciting! I'd love to see better relationships, fully fleshed out sims, and updates to past packs.

I chose GTW, Island Living, and ROM as the packs I'd like to see updated.

For GTW I'm most interested in Aliens being updated and given more to do. Maybe expand Sixam and make it a livable world with more lots. The illnesses could also use an update with a low chance of getting a fatal disease that requires hospital care. All of the active careers could use an update too, but mostly for bugs.

For Island Living I'd really like to see some underwater lots where sims could scuba dive and mermaids could explore. A few more beach activities would be nice as well like burying a sim in sand or throwing a Frisbee. Maybe romantically involved sims could sit on a beach towel together and make out/cuddle. One small thing I really need is unique tombstones/urns for mermaids and maybe a bassinet.

For ROM I really just want more spells and for kids to have a few unique spells of their own. Maybe more interactions for familiars as well. Otherwise I'm good.

For the written part I suggested a hobbies system and better traits.

Agreed! Mermaids have no purpose swimming in the shallows imo
  • Options
    mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    I honestly wanted everything.
  • Options
    popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    @elliendre are you saying that the NPCs who buy stuff in a store don’t actually have it appear in their inventory?? I have yet to try running a retail store but that is annoying to learn!
  • Options
    > @popstarissa said:
    > @elliendre are you saying that the NPCs who buy stuff in a store don’t actually have it appear in their inventory?? I have yet to try running a retail store but that is annoying to learn!

I only recently started playing with the retail stores, but I don't think they keep anything in their inventory after shopping. Unless it is a bug or I am doing something wrong? I set up some retail shops in my game, and after I saw some Sims buying items and a cake, I then went to their house to place the items and eat the cake, and there was just nothing there. This is what is happening with all my Sims. It's like a twilight zone shop where all the Sims just pretend to be shopping lol. I was thinking maybe the Sims 4 gameplay is just to focus on making money in the shop from the fake shopping? I can't really get used to it tbh. I really want them to wear the outfits, own the items, be able to eat the food etc.
  • Options
    popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    edited January 2020
    @elliendre yea that would be cool! I mentioned in my survey that I want Sim’s interactions with each other to be more meaningful — buying something from a retail shop and actually owning it is a good example! I would’ve included that example for sure had I known before.
  • Options
    > @popstarissa said:
    > @elliendre yea that would be cool! I mentioned in my survey that I want Sim’s interactions with each other to be more meaningful — buying something from a retail shop and actually owning it is a good example! I would’ve included that example for sure had I known before.

I'd love more meaningful interactions too. And maybe some more buffs after the interactions. Ooh also I was just thinking I'd love it if they added phases for adults, similar to how they have the phases for child sims, and have the phases change behaviours and open new interaction options? I wish I thought of phases for adults to suggest in the survey! Shopaholic phase, movie binge-watching phase, gym addict phase, vegan diet phase, gardening phase, lazy phase, workaholic phase, chocolate consumption phase, ... the possibilities are endless! :)
  • Options
    adamclark83adamclark83 Posts: 692 Member
    I love to see more relationship and romantic interactions plus more lingerie for women.
    2quwd7.gif