Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Degrees in inventory

So I’ve noticed a similar issue in every played households inventory, they all have 5-12 degrees in them from the same exact sim. I’m currently playing a dozen households and they all have a bunch of degrees from the same sim named Kale. He is one of the many played households and yes he did graduate university, but multiple degrees are showing up in his name in many different household inventories. The biggest issue is I can’t delete them at all and I’ve tried repairing my game, uninstalling/reinstalling, and updating my game, but these degrees won’t disappear. What could be causing this?

Comments

• Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Happens to me as well in one particular household. I believe it happened because I changed households before he received his degree in his inventory and when I switched back to his household is when the degrees kept coming in.

What I do is drag the degrees from his inventory onto a wall and then I delete them from the wall. I think I shift click and it says delete. But they keep coming back, I think he has like 8 in his inventory now. I don’t even worry about it anymore. I’m still waiting for a fix to this.
  • Options
    jeepjeepcatjeepjeepcat Posts: 2,302 Member
    The only way I've managed to do it is when moving the household. Move them to an empty lot (not the final destination), build a wall, put degrees on wall. Move the household to their actual new house/lot and sell furniture. The wall and degrees will be sold. Not the easiest way to do it, but they were bothering me!
  • Options
    JC1979JC1979 Posts: 491 Member
    @Chazzzy, yeah I tried deleting them off of a wall and it would tell me there is no object for me to delete.@jeepjeepcat that is something I’m going to have to try. I noticed now I’m getting another sim’s degrees in my other household’s inventories as well. Thanks guys.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,960 Member
    wow kale needs to chill
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    You can click “me too” on this bug report
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-DU-Household-Inventory-if-filled-by-other-sims-diplomas/m-p/8458178
    It helps move it up as a priority when it shows more people are experiencing it.
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    JC1979 wrote: »
    @Chazzzy, yeah I tried deleting them off of a wall and it would tell me there is no object for me to delete.@jeepjeepcat that is something I’m going to have to try. I noticed now I’m getting another sim’s degrees in my other household’s inventories as well. Thanks guys.

You have to shift click on the degree after you place it on a wall and you should see an option that says “delete object”. This may only be a feature of a mod I use though so I’m not sure if it’s there in a vanilla game or not.