Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What should we be able to knit?

Comments

• domisimmiedomisimmie Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi! I would love to be able to knit pillow cases, throws, cardigans, hats & shawls, and/or rugs. Anything that's possible.
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,351 Member
    My grandmother used to make stuffed bears for my siblings and I. So, I'd like to see some sort of toy or item that elders adults can make for their grandchildren, such as dolls or clothing or even bedding would be nice.

Fixed it. (Why would only elders make things for the kids in their family? While more sewing than knitting, I've made things for my nieces, nephews, daughter, mother-in-law, and the kid my daughter babysits next door... Sorry this is just a bit of a hotbutton for me on the whole not just elders knit thing... I'll try to back down...)
  • krystalgamer1krystalgamer1 Posts: 9 New Member
    Being predominantly a builder, it's all about the buy items/decor for me:

pillows
    blankets
    bedspreads
    a variety of wall hangings and decorations (There's tons of stuff out there in the real world. I've even seen cute knitted butterflies for your walls.)
    bath towels
    kitchen towels
    placemats
    stuffed toys/animals
    christmas ornaments
    baskets
    planter pot covers
    rugs
    mats
    any other decor/clutter items people can possibly think of
  • AmazinGrace01AmazinGrace01 Posts: 1 New Member
    I would love to be able to knit blankets and scarves. I also think it would be cool to be able to knit little outfits for the sims pets. Stuffed animals as well, like the voidcritters or the freezer bunny.
  • PeafrogSimsPeafrogSims Posts: 1 New Member
    I would love there to be fancy, sophisticated, fashionable knitted outfits BUT ALSO hilariously bad knitted woolly jumpers(sweaters)/cardigans that your Grandma might force you to wear!! And being able to gift clothes that would then show up in the other Sims CAS! So a Granny could knit a Pink Llama sweater for her teen grandson who might have a mad moodlet by it being so gross, but could wear it when she comes around and Granny would get a Happy Moodlet by seeing her grandson wearing the sweater :D
  • aimieANGELFACEaimieANGELFACE Posts: 5 New Member
    I'd like to be able to knit different toys (farm animals, dinosaurs, dolls, doll clothing), outfits for toddlers and children (knitted dresses, knitted sweaters, knitted cardigans, knitted vests), knitted accessories (hats [winter, fall, spring themed], headbands, scarves [snoods, infinity, different widths], mittens [fluffy knitted mittens, animal face mittens, different knitted pattern designs], earrings, pendants, bracelets, belts), blankets/throws (for beds, couches, armchairs, for toddler beds), knitted pillows/pillow cases, slippers, dog/cat sweaters/hats, and baby outfits so that the baby sims could wear something aside for the same onesie..

One of my main memories of knitting was how my grandmother would always knit a newborn baby outfit for anyone she knew who was having a baby. That and she knitted so many toys for me to play with.

Another thing that I would like to see in regards to knitting in the game, would be having sims that are able to mentor others in knitting be able to attempt to teach children. My grandmother actually taught me how to knit when I was 4 years old and I still knit to this day 22 years later, I like having that memory of her teaching me how to cast on and knit something.
  • Jeidok2000Jeidok2000 Posts: 2 New Member
    Definitely sweaters scarfs hats and gloves that you can wear. I also love the imaginary friend idea, so knitted dolls and teddies would be great! Also hand puppets would be a great thing to make for toddlers
  • xrachelmariexxrachelmariex Posts: 1 New Member
    So I agree with a lot of what's been suggested so far; hats, sweaters/vests, and adding scarves would be awesome as unlockables in CAS. Decorative items like pillows and blankets would be neat; maybe they could be an unlockable style choice for couches and beds?

I also really love the idea of knit toys for the kids. But, if you do that, --please-- make it possible to knit the freezer bunny and a llama!! I think that would be hilarious. And a little grim reaper or skeleton freezer bunny because grandma knows her granddaughter is goth now, but she still wants to knit her something by golly. 😂
  • CarlisleCullen1CarlisleCullen1 Posts: 1 New Member
    baby blankets and baby clothes and cute little baby socks.
  • AnnieCelynAnnieCelyn Posts: 1 New Member
    I'd love really wearable items as well as fun ones. Like simple swatches of jumpers, hats, gloves, scarves.
    Also, my nana (great grandma) used to knit and sew a lot and made really unique items that were both interesting and wearable. We have part suede part knitted green gloves, a pretty white blanket, a little penguin toy that used to sit on her piano. One of my favourite things is a scarf that my mum drew out for her to make but the pens she used were running out so they came out more pastel coloured. Because of this the scarf is navy with pastel green, pastel blue, pastel pink thick stripes and one bright orange stripe (this pen was working).
    Her daughter knits now. She's made things like an open knitted vest to wear over clothes, and she's currently making me a navy crocheted short sleeve top. I think these kind of things could be good as they are not as seasonal. Sims could wear them in hotter seasons as well which they couldn't with heavy winter woollen items. This could be particularly good for those who don't have the seasons pack also.
    Not as much about the actual items, but it might be nice to make this pack have some sort of family aspect to it. I think knitting in particular is a craft people are often taught by their relatives, so sims could pass this skill down or something possibly?
  • MewMew Posts: 93 Member
    edited January 2020
    I just saw the news about the upcoming stuff pack. So excited! I crochet, myself, so I'd love if the "knitting" skill is actually more "yarn craft" in general. Then we could have macrame and amigurumi packed in there too!

A list of cool stuff our Sims could make if it's not strictly knitting:
    • hanging planter pots
    • dream catchers
    • rope-weave style furniture
    • yarn bomb!
    • table-runners and table cloths (these are usually crochet or other lace craft techniques)
    • bags of many different styles ... craft bags would be a cool thing in general, but ESPECIALLY if our Sims can make 'em too
    • amigurumi (crochet dolls)
    • afghans
    • all sorts of tapestries and wall-hangings
    • lotsa different clothing, accessories, and costumes

I'm super excited for this pack. I want to crochet a plumbob to celebrate! lol As for the skill learning in the game, I think that books and computers would be great for learning patterns and initially gaining the skill; maybe a PBS type of TV channel that has craft shows. Honestly, when I was learning, it was a lot easier to do that way than to learn from my friends, despite yarn crafts being "traditionally" taught interpersonally.

I will minorly cringe if the skill is called Knitting but includes very much not-knitting things in it, but that's okay lol. I'd rather have more variety and cringe than it be strictly knit. I hope it's called like "Crafting" or "Yarn Craft" though.
    mew~
    Scz0hyy.gif
  • CarmiinaaCarmiinaa Posts: 2 New Member
    Knittable Objects:

Clothing:
    - Hats
    - Headbands
    - Scarves
    - Infinity Scarves
    - Ponchos
    - Sweaters
    - Tank Tops
    - Dresses
    - Pants
    - Gloves/Mittens
    - Socks
    - Slippers
    - Toddler Hats
    - Toddler Sweaters
    - Toddler Onesie's
    - Toddler Dresses
    - Toddler Tank Tops
    - Toddler Pants
    - Toddler Socks
    - Toddler Bibs
    - Toddler Booties

Decor Accessories:
    - Drink Coasters
    - Plant Holders (usually done as macrame)
    - Backpack/Purses
    - Toys (Stuffed Animals)
    - Pillows
    - Poufs

Interactive Accessories:
    - Blankets
  • TigMagickTigMagick Posts: 1,661 Member
    It would be epic if sims could knit Jayne's hat from Firefly or the 4th Doctor's scarf from Doctor Who.

You sir just got me commissioned to do Jayne's hat. Had to buy the Scarf so far as I know how to crochet not knit and have not found a good Patten that I can use for the Scarf. Not to mention the color matching for the original. However I love my hubby Whovian so keep trying to level my skill up.
  • PhoenixFox9PhoenixFox9 Posts: 3 New Member
    Yarn bomb! (this would be great for the knitters at university)
    amigurumi style knits
    hats, scarves, gloves
    sweaters
  • somecallmeanniesomecallmeannie Posts: 1 New Member
    Blankets (functional and can be displayed by draping over the couch/loveseat/armchair/bed or on a blanket ladder when not in use), CAS items (scarves, hats, mittens, sweaters etc.), decorative items and collectables/toys. EEK. SO EXCITING.
  • AedanStarfangAedanStarfang Posts: 272 Member
    Some additions to the winter clothing; knit caps, scarves, ugly sweaters, etc. Making quilts or blankets would be a nice touch and actually make consider buying this pack when it comes out.
  • TrishaHarryTrishaHarry Posts: 1 New Member
    I'm so excited you're asking this question. I would love if sims could knit holiday jumpers (for all ages) baby/toddler outfits or hats. Maybe a stuffed toy? Blankets. Maybe something like a family blanket that could be customised for the family, by the family over time. IDK. But that's something I think would be very cool to have in the game. Beanies would be great too. I would love this stuff to be highly customisable (colour, style, etc).
  • SimmerAhriesSimmerAhries Posts: 1 New Member
    I would like to knit:

1. Carpets
    2. Curtains (we can make it work)
    3. Cardigans
    4. Scarves
    5. Blankets
  • Anglfce92Anglfce92 Posts: 1 New Member
    Hats, gloves, shawls, blankets, anything would make me happy. I want to be able to sell the items in a retail setting.
  • tsing_306tsing_306 Posts: 14 New Member
    Hats, gloves, scarves, mittens, sweaters that can be used as gifts. ALSO, I want them to be made available (like unlocked) in CAS for sims who have received them.
  • tsing_306tsing_306 Posts: 14 New Member
    Knitting jobs and business also come to my mind when thinking of knitting. Back in post-WW2 time, my mum and her sisters used to work in a clothing manufactory when they were kids after school. Most families were living in poverty at that time. It would be fun if this pack also come with a commercial lot trait, like a manufactory trait.
  • shakerellashakerella Posts: 321 Member
    Knitting objects would be great! Just like with woodworking you make things and can display them around the house. Like knit a bunny (any cute animal), a doll, potholders for the kitchen, baskets, wreaths, doilies, rugs.

Knit hats, scarves, blankets, sweaters, pet sweaters

A pregnant person can knit baby booties.

Dreamcatcher for the wall decor
    d058e06edfe485285e3692ecfcfcc5ca.jpg
    Baskets
    40ad05aaf981becd25ad22b2b4ae75a9.jpg
    Hanging planter
    20180716184829_79601.jpg
    My Current Challenge: Drifter House Challenge
  • Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member

@SimGuruNinja I'm super excited just because I enjoy seeing my Sims engage in a variety of activities. Knitted Bears that toddlers and children can carry around and play with. Toddler Hoodie, Bonnets, Hats, Cardigans, Scarf, Slippers, Blankets, Mittens, Fingerless gloves, Over the Knee Boot Socks, Sweaters, Wall Hangings, Candle Cozies, Center pieces, Knitted Ottomans and Poufs, as well as Knitted Storage baskets.

Knitting-Picture-1.jpgKnitting-Picture-2.jpgKnitting-Picture-3.jpg
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • laurasamonelaurasamone Posts: 1 New Member
    It should be a full skill like painting. We should be able to make blankets, scarfs, gloves, mittens, decorations, hats, sweaters, toys. Stuff for pets. .we could make it where kids can get into it a drag all over the house and to where pet can mess it up as well . Be a skill kids can do as well
  • Arcticwildfire91Arcticwildfire91 Posts: 1 New Member
    I think we need to have different choices of yarn when we knit. Cheap scratchy wool that gives an uncomfortable moodlet when a sim uses or wears the finished object, up to expensive cashmere that gives a happy or other positive moodlet. Maybe a happy "made by (insert relationship)" moodlet like if wearing a sweater made by grandma or playing with a teddy bear dad made.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top