Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What length lifespan do u play on

Iv always played on normal, but never quite got everything done with the sims, and it became more about just having babies and more generations to play with.
Now I'm on long lifespan and it's nice I'm actually exploring various things with the sims and it isnt rushed. That being said I think long is a bit too long, Iv been playing it loads the last few weeks and the young adults I started with are only midway through adulthood, and I have played soooo much. I miss the sliders of sims 3.

Side note- does anyone know how long elder stage is for pets on the long lifespan, mine mustve been an elder for like 30 or 40 sim days so wondering if she'll die soon as iv just started training with her.

Comments

• WallSims4everWallSims4ever Posts: 755 Member
    edited January 2020
    I used to play on normal, but it was very stressing to me, cause I felt like I needed to rush things up otherwise my sims would become elders and I wouldn't accomplish everything I wanted. Then I started playing on long, but I also think it's very long.

So what I do now is I play with aging off and when I want sims to age up, I turn aging on with the short lifespan, then I wait a bit for the sims out of my household to age up, and get back to aging off.

You can also play with aging off and age your sims up via cake, but the other sims will be forever young xD
  • drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    Iv always played on normal, but never quite got everything done with the sims, and it became more about just having babies and more generations to play with.
    Now I'm on long lifespan and it's nice I'm actually exploring various things with the sims and it isnt rushed. That being said I think long is a bit too long, Iv been playing it loads the last few weeks and the young adults I started with are only midway through adulthood, and I have played soooo much. I miss the sliders of sims 3.

Side note- does anyone know how long elder stage is for pets on the long lifespan, mine mustve been an elder for like 30 or 40 sim days so wondering if she'll die soon as iv just started training with her.

It depends on what I am trying to do. I usually play vampires.
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • VampireSapphireVampireSapphire Posts: 90 Member
    I used to play on normal, but it was very stressing to me, cause I felt like I needed to rush things up otherwise my sims would become elders and I wouldn't accomplish everything I wanted. Then I started playing on long, but I also think it's very long.

So what I do now is I play with aging off and when I want sims to age up, I turn aging on with the short lifespan, then I wait a bit for the sims out of my household to age up, and get back to aging off.

You can also play with aging off and age your sims up via cake, but the other sims will be forever young xD

Interesting I might get everything I want done with the 3 children in my household (just getting an unlocked trait each with the stuff from parenthood, and then have short lifespan for a little bit, my household is a bit stale now. I'm playing with Brent and brant hecking from cats and dogs expansion world, and their pug. And then they have a teenage adopted daughter, alien child daughter and then a child son between them. And then I have a sim I made who has a half alien daughter in the same household lol
  • SquirrelTail15SquirrelTail15 Posts: 259 Member
    This is going to make me sound REALLY weird, but I either play with aging off completely (rotational saves only, for some reason) or short lifespan. Or just play as vampires. My latest plot twist is to get a vampire into my legacy household (by having my heir cheat on his wife with Lilith Vatore, naturally) now (gen. 2) and at generation 7 have them be discovered living in the crypt, undisturbed for years. Might do a 'hidden child' challenge with that.
    banner.png
  • DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member
    Ageing is off in my game. I have way too many households that I rotate between to leave it on. Everyone would die off before I'd ever get a chance at really experiencing their lives.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Normal. I've tried long but found it too long... never tried short though. But im a generational player, i want to have some time to build a life and move on to the next generation. Don't want my sims to be perfect so i don't need a very long lifespan.
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    Normal, although with MCCC, I my sims lifespan is set to 3day-baby, 7day-toddler, 14day-child, 14day-teen, 25day-YA, 25day-adult, and 14day-elder. So my sims live for at least 99 days from birth to natural old age death, without perks. Look is just too long, as I only wanted a couple days added.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    I have always played with aging off.
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Aging off. I play a very big rotational game and sometimes it is a long time before I get back to a household. I want them to be how I made them when I get back. Sometimes they sit idle in my game while I wait for new content that they need to further their lives. Some are on hold waiting to be rock stars in a band.
  • lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,079 Member
    Totally depends on my mood. Generally though, short. My main Sim is a vampire, so she outlives all the humans, I can do what I want with her and everyone else dies before I get tired of them.
    Every once in awhile I'll play a human, and I set it on long so I can do everything I want to do with them.
    Currently though, I have aging off. I've just been in a mood lately where I've been playing a few different households and I don't want them to age up. (And this is an unusual mood for me since I have never been a rotational player.)
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    Aging off here as well. If I need a sim to become older, I just use a birthday cake.

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,079 Member
    I miss the sliders of sims 3.

Me too. I used to set teen and young adult to super long and all the others as short as I could.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • Emerald811Emerald811 Posts: 16 Member
    Aging off for me. I'm very rotational and switch between too many houses. Plus I never personally cared for raising families and generational stuff outside Vamps. My favorite sim households will just die out eventually if aging was on. So I just keep it off.

If I ever wanna age anyone for any reason I'd just use the cake.
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,370 Member
    edited January 2020
    When I start the game I play aging off. I put the aging on later and sometimes I play on long and sometimes normal lifespan. Sometimes I change it in the middle of the game if I feel like my Sims need more time before aging or I want them to age up faster.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I always play with the long life span.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,294 Member
    Long. I spent a year playing on Normal while I was playing the Pinstar Legacy Challenge and that's simply not enough time to do much with. Now, I age my Sims up when it suits me.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Jasonschick80Jasonschick80 Posts: 686 Member
    I play with aging off. My sims die when I say so *muahahahaha* 😈
  • Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,303 Member
    I now play with long age spans. Not quite immortal with aging off, but that way I can age them up when ready with the birthday cake. If I don't play some Sims for a long time then they'll eventually age up on their own anyways.
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Aging off. Sims age up when I decide it is time for them to age up. My founders are grey-haired Adults and grandparents (oldest grandchild is a Teen) but not yet Elders.
  • akaniki0akaniki0 Posts: 470 Member
    Endless ( aging off )
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,518 Member
    Up until now I've been playing rotations and had ageing off, just turning it on for a week per sim year.

But I just started a legacy challenge so went on normal lifespan. I quite like the idea of playing through generations so I'm going to stick with normal lifespan for a few different saved games and see how I go.
  • blueyblueskyblueybluesky Posts: 1,365 Member
    I switch between normal and aging off since I'm playing rotationally at the moment
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,411 Member
    It varies per save. Either a custom length set with mccc (twice as long as normal) or with aging off.
  • JemmaTheSimmerJemmaTheSimmer Posts: 387 Member
    With my main save, what I've been doing is long, then when I want to speed up a family I turn it to short/normal for one or two days, then back to long, just to skip a bit. I wish there was an in between normal and long. I might end up modding it really.

Sometimes I do challenges, which are usually on normal lifespan per the rules.
  • FiddelizFiddeliz Posts: 39 Member
    In my main save that I play I use MCCC and have customized the age span to"fit" the pregnancies, where 3 days are like irl, meaning 9 months, that makes 4 days a year. Before MCCC I used this sheet I made, to keep track of the ages (which was quite a lot of work tbh.. especially when your main family has relationships that have to match my age span while keeping the real lifespan on long). Here is my sheet for the long lifespan though if anyone is interested. "real" is in irl years, remaining is what it says on the long lifespan in days until age up.

Age EA Mod "real" (remaining)
    Baby 12 4 (-1) 8
    Toddler 28 16 (1-5) 12
    Child 52 28 (6-12) 24
    Teen 52 28 (13-20) 24
    YA 96 80 (21-40) 16
    Adult 96 80 (40-60) 16
    Elder 40+ 40+ (60-) -

4 days = one year