Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Survey Time! (Survey Closed)

Comments

• Lemon405Lemon405 Posts: 163 Member
    As with most of you, I was VERY Interested in most everything.

I chose Get Famous, RoM and DU for my fix-it list, but a lot of previous content could use some work.

For branded content, I just tried to choose neutral type brands. As a console player, I don’t have the luxury of downloading CC, so those SP’s are my only source of new “stuff” and EA is not very fashion forward with the designs they choose.

It might be basic, but IKEA is neutral. And clothing designers like Calvin Kline, Tommy Hilfiger, and DKNY are classy and pretty widely known.

If we must have RL designers in game, can we at least have stuff that anyone could pull off and not clown clothes. 😆
  • happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    Random thought but bromance is already in the game though.

Did everyone forget about that ? Bromantic partners is already a thing that exists.

I love when even the dev team forget about niche features they implemented.
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,447 Member
    The revisiting packs was so hard to pick three!

Almost chose Cats and Dogs: I do want more done with small pets, but then I don't think that's what we'd get. And I really want the illnesses dialed down but I feel like they could do that anyway and patch it in so I didn't pick this pack.

Almost chose Get to Work: While I'd like to see Aliens expanded, I can't say that I actually play them regularly so it'll keep. This pack really should have had more playable careers in it, but again, I don't use them often (never even completed the top of one!) so I bumped it off. And while I'd love some paranormal careers, I'd rather have a haunted Game Pack with other stuff.

Almost chose Island Living: The Obvious EP choice. I figured everyone would pick this so I don't have to, lol. We do need to get rid of those rabbit holes and have actual diving and have that cave lead to somewhere. Maybe a few more Mermaid powers. Seriously.

Almost chose Vampires: Not because I think it needs any work at all, but because it's my favorite and I love it and I want it to go on forever and ever. But if it ain't broke, don't fix it. They can always turn up the feeding break-ins without tampering with other things.

What I did choose:

CITY LIVING: I'm just not satisfied with this pack. I play rotational/colonist and I need more living space so I'd like to see apartments get further developed so we can use the darn things in other worlds. It's ridiculous that we can't. Also, festivals are a boring, hot mess. Needs serious improvement.

REALM OF MAGIC: I love this pack. I do. And the concept is killer. But it should have been an EP and deserves more attention because it wasn't elevated to its full potential. It just wasn't. And family players are right; kids and toddlers of Spellcasters should have some limited magical capabilities! Come on, guys! And more magic trees and/or more spells and hexes and curses. People love magic!

Annnnnd JUNGLE ADVENTURES: I know nobody is going to choose this and it kills me. I want Selvadorada to be livable, not just for vacationing. I think it's my top favorite world and it has culture and danger and exploration. And Archaeologist could/should be a career. And I'd love to have more temple layouts as well as functional temple traps to put into builds so we could build our own dangerous temples. These additions would make this pack outshine some of the EPs. I doubt it will happen because people are voting for other favorites. Alas. 😭
    #Team Occult
  • CapitolSimmerCapitolSimmer Posts: 18 Member
    It was such a good survey! I'm happy they asked about improvements regarding relationships (did I tick every single box? maybe).

I'm also quite happy with the fact we could ask for more aspirations and traits - even if it seems unsure at this point if they will ever improve upon that in Sims 4. But hey, the more people ask for it the better.

But the brand question kinda was odd. I'm hoping they don't plan any of these weird packs a la Katy Perry (yes she isn't a brand but close enough). However, I did ask for a collab with Fjallraven. Not just for the local hipster effect, but it does fit into mountain climbing and snow themed packs. They do a ton for the environment and it would be pretty great to see that supported. Oh, also Ikea, because.. well, Sims 2 Ikea was just brilliant.
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,353 Member
    LiELF wrote: »

Annnnnd JUNGLE ADVENTURES: I know nobody is going to choose this and it kills me. I want Selvadorada to be livable, not just for vacationing. I think it's my top favorite world and it has culture and danger and exploration. And Archaeologist could/should be a career. And I'd love to have more temple layouts as well as functional temple traps to put into builds so we could build our own dangerous temples. These additions would make this pack outshine some of the EPs. I doubt it will happen because people are voting for other favorites. Alas. 😭

I hadn't thought about that. I guess I'm hoping for a neighboring world to Selvadorada as a livable place, the way I see Newcrest and Willow Springs as being neighboring suburbs (and while not as directly connected, Granite Falls, Glimmerbrook and Forgotten Hollow are all close together in my headcannon.) Because I love Selvadorada, and I would like to live there. But I don't want to live in the neighborhoods that are the part of Selvadorada where Jungle Adventures is set, if that makes any sense. I want that to remain somewhere you visit.
  • Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Interesting survey. I wonder how close our choices are to the new content they've been working on. If they managed to add even half of what was in the survey, I can see Sims4's life being extended for another three years in order to get everything released. And if the game were to change for the better I'd like the game more. Most of us feel this way. And we've been hoping for these changes for a long time. Some of those changes such as traits and aspirations, would be in base game updates. Hotels/resorts and new vacation spots and careers would probably be in game packs or EPs. Could be we have an update coming in February to fix the broken whims and a game pack with new romance and relationship game play. It'd be great to see slow dancing in the game again. The one thing I said I don't want, is stuff pack collaboration with a name brand comapny. Never have enjoyed those packs since EA started doing it back in Sims2. But some people do and I'm okay with that. There is a lot they can do that would make us happier, and we gave them a lot of options to choose from.
  • APottsAPotts Posts: 2,448 Member
    This was an awesome survey. I hope we see new traits, as well as an attraction system, and resorts please! Pretty much everything in the poll works.
  • Lemon405Lemon405 Posts: 163 Member
    Hoverael wrote: »
    Lemon405 wrote: »

They mean what kind of collaborated content SP would you be interested in, like the Moschino SP. So maybe they’ve realized they picked the most off the wall weird and unknown fashion designer and maybe it’s not as “cool” as they thought.

I listed off a ton of more well-known, not plum, middle of the road options that shouldn’t alienate the majority of age groups.

you answered the concern i've been considering, thanks, so now you know what my thoughts are, but you didn't answer as to what kind of brands or the purpose they would represent on TS4 though.

Again some detail needed on what exactly EA are aiming at and which types of companies or charities they are lining up. I'd be perfectly happy to pay full price on a DLC product if it meant half of it is going to a really needy cause and awareness is raised about it. i mean something like helping women with breast cancer, or helping children out of abusive families, those i wouldn't want to give a second thought to and is something very worthy. but if they support a company just for the means of making money behind a marketing excuse? Then i'm not interested.

I can't answer to question because of that concern and lack of transparency from the writer of the survey.

That’s what they are asking. What Brand/Company/Name etc. do You want to see them work with.

If you want to see a Stuff Pack for Breast Cancer awareness, then list one of those foundations.

If you want to see a future SP for child abuse awareness, list one of those organizations.

In the past, these collaborated packs have just been a way to introduce clothing and items into the game that they normally wouldn’t be able to do because they don’t have the licensing to do so.

I believe it was Sims 2/3 where they partnered with Dr. Pepper, 7-11, and all sorts of other people to do special promotional items. But in the context of Sims 4, it would most likely be a stuff pack and I don’t see any reason why they couldn’t expand on things to do things like Save the Oceans, and partner with a charity to bring content to game and donate a portion of sales to the organization. It would be pretty cool.
  • FreechheitFreechheit Posts: 128 Member

For GTW I'm most interested in Aliens being updated and given more to do. Maybe expand Sixam and make it a livable world with more lots.

Yes! <3

I also chose GTW for that reason.

• HoveraelHoverael Posts: 1,230 Member
    Hoverael wrote: »

They mean what kind of collaborated content SP would you be interested in, like the Moschino SP. So maybe they’ve realized they picked the most off the wall weird and unknown fashion designer and maybe it’s not as “cool” as they thought.

I listed off a ton of more well-known, not plum, middle of the road options that shouldn’t alienate the majority of age groups.

you answered the concern i've been considering, thanks, so now you know what my thoughts are, but you didn't answer as to what kind of brands or the purpose they would represent on TS4 though.

Again some detail needed on what exactly EA are aiming at and which types of companies or charities they are lining up. I'd be perfectly happy to pay full price on a DLC product if it meant half of it is going to a really needy cause and awareness is raised about it. i mean something like helping women with breast cancer, or helping children out of abusive families, those i wouldn't want to give a second thought to and is something very worthy. but if they support a company just for the means of making money behind a marketing excuse? Then i'm not interested.

I can't answer to question because of that concern and lack of transparency from the writer of the survey.

That’s what they are asking. What Brand/Company/Name etc. do You want to see them work with.

If you want to see a Stuff Pack for Breast Cancer awareness, then list one of those foundations.

If you want to see a future SP for child abuse awareness, list one of those organizations.

In the past, these collaborated packs have just been a way to introduce clothing and items into the game that they normally wouldn’t be able to do because they don’t have the licensing to do so.

I believe it was Sims 2/3 where they partnered with Dr. Pepper, 7-11, and all sorts of other people to do special promotional items. But in the context of Sims 4, it would most likely be a stuff pack and I don’t see any reason why they couldn’t expand on things to do things like Save the Oceans, and partner with a charity to bring content to game and donate a portion of sales to the organization. It would be pretty cool.

What is it they want to do going forward and how can we help them line up with any goals for their brand link up? If i suggested they work with the Russian FSB as a brand in its own right, will i expect that we have Russian spies in this game? And what kind of reaction will that get if EA said yes to it? absurd or not, i'm not presuming to know for them what is they want to do or the type of reaction expected.

How can i know what type of brand they want to align with? they need to give an idea of the mindset and direction they wish to go in so i can help them offer a brand. I won't hear anything more on this subject if you aren't going to cooperate with me some more.
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    We are finally seeing improvments on personalities?
    Lu4ERme.gif
    fullspiral wrote: »
    This survey has gotten me VERY excited to see what's coming for Sims 4!

Personalities for our sims! Oh I hope, I hope, I HOPE!

Same, it has been a long time since I last have been excited for this game. Give them sims unique personalities.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • BariSaxyBariSaxy Posts: 4,699 Member
    I wish they had let us specify what we wanted to see improved in the Expansion Packs. For example, I chose Seasons, but not at all because I think Seasons is horrible. I actually really like the pack. I just would like to see these things fixed:

-The celebrations we select for holidays should be automatically done by sims outside of our household, you know how like sims already autonomously do the Santa laugh on WinterFest, I want to see more stuff like that.
    -Snow Depth
    -Improved Rain Effects:
    • Rain drops on the ground, roofs, other objects etc.
    • Rain falling off of roofs (like in The Sims 3)
    • Rain drops visible on windows/car windows
    • Increase reflectivity on out outdoor objects when it is raining, to give more of a wet look.
    -Blossoming Trees in the Spring

I chose Seasons because I think it is darn near perfect, and if these were done it would be amazing. Although I know these are all pretty much aesthetic.
    OO2UdmJ.png
    This survey makes me think their in Sims 4 for the long haul now. I think we'll see content and packs for the next 3 years going out. I'm fine with that. I'm not ready for a new Sims Game right now cause I love 4.

If they improve personalities to make this game more interesting I'm not against it.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Very happy about this <3
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member

Almost chose Cats and Dogs: I do want more done with small pets, but then I don't think that's what we'd get. And I really want the illnesses dialed down but I feel like they could do that anyway and patch it in so I didn't pick this pack.

Almost chose Get to Work: While I'd like to see Aliens expanded, I can't say that I actually play them regularly so it'll keep. This pack really should have had more playable careers in it, but again, I don't use them often (never even completed the top of one!) so I bumped it off. And while I'd love some paranormal careers, I'd rather have a haunted Game Pack with other stuff.

Almost chose Island Living: The Obvious EP choice. I figured everyone would pick this so I don't have to, lol. We do need to get rid of those rabbit holes and have actual diving and have that cave lead to somewhere. Maybe a few more Mermaid powers. Seriously.

Almost chose Vampires: Not because I think it needs any work at all, but because it's my favorite and I love it and I want it to go on forever and ever. But if it ain't broke, don't fix it. They can always turn up the feeding break-ins without tampering with other things.

What I did choose:

CITY LIVING: I'm just not satisfied with this pack. I play rotational/colonist and I need more living space so I'd like to see apartments get further developed so we can use the darn things in other worlds. It's ridiculous that we can't. Also, festivals are a boring, hot mess. Needs serious improvement.

REALM OF MAGIC: I love this pack. I do. And the concept is killer. But it should have been an EP and deserves more attention because it wasn't elevated to its full potential. It just wasn't. And family players are right; kids and toddlers of Spellcasters should have some limited magical capabilities! Come on, guys! And more magic trees and/or more spells and hexes and curses. People love magic!

I almost picked JA too, but then went for OR 😂 (even taken together, they just don't measure up in the slightest to the breadth and depth of WA), plus IL and RoM (because, yes, magic absolutely should have been a full EP as always).
  • redrogue60redrogue60 Posts: 2,053 Member
    I found the question of which packs you would like an update to very interesting. I wonder if they would actually do a free update to a previous expansion/game pack? I put Island Living and Outdoor Retreat as those are the weakest packs imo. And Parenthood just because more family content would be nice.

And yeah, were getting a winter vacation resort pack eventually lol

I agree with the Outdoor Retreat and Island Living because if we get a Winter Vacation type pack there could be room for improvements in both packs via updates with the Winter Vacation pack as segue. Consider Hot Springs, Purchasing of vacation homes, other types of activities for these areas.
    “All mushrooms are edible, but some only once.” Terry Pratchett
  • redrogue60redrogue60 Posts: 2,053 Member
    bethyGrace wrote: »
    Ski resorts sound cool and all, but I feel like we still need to focus on basics first :D

I upvoted everything to do with deeper personalities and relationships.

I really hope some of that will be coming soon!

We can have both it isn't either or. Since they were separate questions I gave strong responses to both topics.
    “All mushrooms are edible, but some only once.” Terry Pratchett
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,447 Member
    SimTrippy wrote: »

What I did choose:

I almost picked JA too, but then went for OR 😂 (even taken together, they just don't measure up in the slightest to the breadth and depth of WA), plus IL and RoM (because, yes, magic absolutely should have been a full EP as always).

I considered Outdoor Retreat too! But then I went with the packs and subjects I use the most and/or feel a strong absence in. Glad you chose RoM! :)
    #Team Occult
  • 5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    Survey:
    "Are you Satisfied or dissatisfied with the Sims4?"

Me:
    "Somewhat satisfied"
    (ALWAYS room for improvement! Remember that, Dev Team!) :+1:
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    I chose 'somewhat satisfied' too. For polishing, I chose cats and dogs, vampires, and island living (mermaids could use a little extra imo).

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• 5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    @SimTrippy

I also chose JUNGLE ADVENTURE !

I was wishing for an Indiana Jones Sim to be possible, but until they make archeology a career, it's an absolute bust! :(
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,496 Member
    The survey covers a variety of items, not merely vacation spots.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    Just a little technical feedback, and maybe it’s just because English isn’t my first language, or maybe I read too fast, but for several questions, I first chose answers, then realized they had to be in an order of preferences and I could only pick a certain number of answers. It wasn’t very clear.
  • TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    I voted for an Island Living update :D

Seryosley. That Pack has almost No Gameplay at all. The Big features are not literally big at all. Sandcastles and Sunbathing? Those activities are just small part of others EP like how Seasons having snowball fights as a small part and not a major feature? New Career? Good but its not an active career. Mermaids? Definetly feels lacking. Culture? What culture?

They literally need to add new content to this pack