Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Survey Time! (Survey Closed)

Comments

• HoveraelHoverael Posts: 1,230 Member
    If EA considered a second house to own, they'd need to double the amount of lots on offer, perhaps even triple the amount of lots on offer. I'm sure while the developers are being generous about the direction they wish to take, that is going way beyond generous though. i mean i'd love to have 3x as many lots in this game quite easily (obviously), to go from a little over 140 lots total to 420. however as it is, how are they going to be able to do such a thing with what they have at this point, unless they turn their small worlds into much much bigger worlds.

San Myshuno would be a perfect place to generate a lot of those additional lots, so many apartments and there are three i can think of off the top of my head within the arts district that are on the map but not used. there is another apartment building under the lounge on the top with the swimming pool not being used in the business district. the fashion district has a few other apartments right next to the Chic and Zenview apartments above a car parking structure that can be repurposed for use. the spice district has a good number of smaller apartment structures that could be used across the roads from culpepper and jasmine.

Then you got all these other places that have lots, Windenburg, Willow Creek, Oasis Springs... they need additional neighbourhoods or a more expanded area to use that can offer more lots. for example Arid ridge can be split up into multiple 30x20 lots and since the roads aren't being used anyway, perhaps they can be adjusted to allow for better access. or removed altogether, in addition there are house just outside the area that can be added into the world as well. the same with the neighbourhood that contains Afflusia Mansion and Yuma Heights, that area is grossly underused and there are several houses nearby that could be repourposed into a bigger map to be used at the very least.
  • taydevtaydev Posts: 912 Member
    telmarina wrote: »
    taydev wrote: »
    Most exciting survey to me so far. Sounds like we’ll likely get more vacations, being able to run a hotel, and own multiple homes!

Oh yeah, i forgot about owning multiple homes. That's great! My easily millionaire sims need to spend those simeleons!

Exactly! My wealthy sims shouldn't be cooped up in one place. What kind of unrealistic nonsense lol. But it really is a good way to spend all the simoleons.
  • smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    This is the first survey that I have taken that I actually liked and thought was worth the time to take. It had some great options that would be awesome, I really hope they make it where other sims in the world have relationships on their own and not need a mod to do so, that would be great. Owning another home would be awesome, perhaps if they do create an actual vacation area you could have one there and there could be areas for lower cost ones and area for higher cost ones with views or something. I am looking forward to what else they are bringing to the game now after seeing that survey, before that I was not so sure, but they may actually get some good helpful info of what folks really do and dont want or care about. Thanks for the survey! Best one yet!
  • FreechheitFreechheit Posts: 128 Member
    Loved the survey!

For CAS content I wished for all hair colour options for toddlers and kids, because I hate that it's so limited for the little ones.
  • brittanylerouxbrittanyleroux Posts: 6 New Member
    Based on the survey, I gather that we could expect snow holiday/retreat pack. If so, I hope that they can collaborate with Roots for cosy cabin attire.
  • ManakoHimeManakoHime Posts: 285 Member
    *claps* Now that is what I call a survey! Will happily do more like that in the future. I struggled to pick which games needed the overhaul because, in some way, they all need a little bit (a lot) of a polish lol.
  • Coop_myloveCoop_mylove Posts: 15 Member
    I really liked this survey. The questions it asked actually peaked my curiosity! I hope the next expansion/pack really is geared towards all the things and improvements my little heart desires, and obviously the hearts of many of my fellow simmers. Especially adding more depth to relationships. A second home!!! I would love that option! Some days I want to live in modernity, and then other times I want to retreat to a medieval castle. I really hope that the questions they asked and all of our answers are really taken into consideration and implemented into the game.
  • PlumbobCrossingPlumbobCrossing Posts: 8,455 Member
    This survey was has me excited. I love they are wanting to improve the sims themselves and their relationships, that’s something we’ve needed so badly. Also I hope we get a winter vacation gp or ep.
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,545 Member
    i also took the survey
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • menysanasmenysanas Posts: 22 Member
    I loved this survey! It seems that they want to do important improvements. I like it.
    About the relationships questions... I think that if they improve this, the game is going to be more playable with the other sims, well, there are going to be more possibilities with relationships.
    And about the resorts... I really really miss it from the sims 3 because I loved going to the resorts and having one too.
    I love winter, so I love snow, so I love snow sports and I love the idea of skating on a pond.
    I will love if they introduce other off-lot careers.
    I also love the idea of the second home, I really mis this from the sims 3, too.
    I am so excited about knowing new content. And you simmers?
  • 1need4kaffee1need4kaffee Posts: 486 Member
    I'm not much of a Brand person, but I put Warner Bros. Loony Tunes cause I want a Taz t-shirt and coffee mug...
  • RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,138 Member
    This is so exciting! I'd love to see better relationships, fully fleshed out sims, and updates to past packs.

I chose GTW, Island Living, and ROM as the packs I'd like to see updated.

For GTW I'm most interested in Aliens being updated and given more to do. Maybe expand Sixam and make it a livable world with more lots. The illnesses could also use an update with a low chance of getting a fatal disease that requires hospital care. All of the active careers could use an update too, but mostly for bugs.

For Island Living I'd really like to see some underwater lots where sims could scuba dive and mermaids could explore. A few more beach activities would be nice as well like burying a sim in sand or throwing a Frisbee. Maybe romantically involved sims could sit on a beach towel together and make out/cuddle. One small thing I really need is unique tombstones/urns for mermaids and maybe a bassinet.

For ROM I really just want more spells and for kids to have a few unique spells of their own. Maybe more interactions for familiars as well. Otherwise I'm good.

For the written part I suggested a hobbies system and better traits.
  • NationalPokedexNationalPokedex Posts: 829 Member
    edited January 2020
    I put "Not Sure" for the Brand question.
    And I'm just now realizing that I didn't put that I want an option to turn off the cellphone UI because I hate that all Sims use it.
  • TamakiSakura84TamakiSakura84 Posts: 543 Member
    If we're getting a winter vacation pack, they need to go back and fix Seasons with some snow depth. I also voted for sprucing up Dine Out, because I love the pack concept, but it is bug city.
  • 1need4kaffee1need4kaffee Posts: 486 Member
    For GTW I'm most interested in Aliens being updated and given more to do. Maybe expand Sixam and make it a livable world with more lots. The illnesses could also use an update with a low chance of getting a fatal disease that requires hospital care. All of the active careers could use an update too, but mostly for bugs.

Yes!! I have wanted to build a house on Sixam since the expansion came out. It is pretty useless as it is. You go there once and there is no reason to go back. There needs to be an Alien mall that sells imported human stuff as novelties as well as alien clothes and advanced tech upgrades for your rocket or ray gun. Maybe Alien jail for intruders and you need an Alien disguise to stay there? And if you are human eating at the Alien Cafe you have a 30% chance of death from poisoning since your system is not 100% compatible.
  • MeteoraStormMeteoraStorm Posts: 243 Member
    Would love a winter pack, plenty to do in the summer, not so much in winter.

My overriding hope is for them to open up more water/seas for the sims to swim in. That's all I want at the moment. So frustrating because in Sims 3 they opened them up immediately, getting tired of waiting.
  • professorlilithprofessorlilith Posts: 392 Member
    For brands I put JoAnne Fabrics (get me another crafting pack! Or expand knitting a bunch with their help), Ikea, Sherwin-Williams (paint and wallpaper!), and Parker-Brothers (more games for the game tables!). But what I want most is relationship depth. Those were pretty much the only things I gave 10/10. Except ice fishing, snow boarding, and ice skating on ponds. With climate change it's beginning to look my part of the world may no longer be able to do those in real life.
  • CGrant56CGrant56 Posts: 8 New Member
    I couldn't help myself. I want the Sims 2 penguin back! Along with Agnes and the Charlaton. I used to love the way it would just wander through and talk to the snowman and the mounted fish. I've missed him and would just love to see a Sims 4 rendition.

I agree with the comments on more lots. Space has been my biggest complaint with Sims 4. But not necessasarily residential though. I'd love to see more specialized lots for the careers we already have as well as more go to work careers and more use of the GTW lots like the police station, hospital and lab. Think about it, we already have detectives, criminals, judges (Politician) and now lawyers with DU. Why not something like crime and punishment theme where the bad guys actually get caught, get a trial and go to jail but with a Sims twist. Maybe add a courthouse somewhere but we've already got a jail. We have the astronaut and military careers so why not have a military base/space complex. And a singers venue like back in Sims 1 Superstar or a true comedy club. One of the things I thing they've overlooked in packs like Strangerville is the potential for retail in the area around the library so we could have a small town/town square sort of vibe. Definately not very many places in the game where businesses fit into the worlds very well and Magnolia Promenade has way too few lots. Or even a small town world of some type where the lot mix emphasis is more toward lot venues other than residential. And more ownable venues. Why can't we own bars and lounges for instance. And then there's schools and daycare centers which we don't have. These type of things don't have to be full worlds. Something like the GTW career lots is perfectly fine imo.

And more vacation worlds. I've gotten to the point where I can almost play the two we have with my eyes closed. Hopefully they'll come through with a mountain type world with winter (and hopefully other seasonal) sports and activities but maybe some other types too like something based on famous places like Egypt, Rome, Paris, London, India and other world historical places or another place similar to Sulani but a vacation world, in both rural and city settings. Hotels aren't my thing but having the venue type and the option to play them or not in all the vacation worlds and would be nice. Maybe even some more off the grid locales too for campsites and such. And activities for families. Just not enough to do with kids off of the main househould lots in the current worlds we have.

I would like to see an expansion of existing worlds like Sixam with a real residential area or new areas for Glimmerbrook, Forgotten Hollow and Sulani complete with hidden lots like Sylvan Glade and the Grotto but appropriate to those worlds that are places you can go, not rabbit holes.

An attactiveness system would be great too to flesh out relationships and make it a bit more challenging. Maybe something with a visual element similar to the lightning bolt system from Sims 2. Romance is way too easy as it is but other types of relationships would be great. What about one sided romances and friendships where romance and/or friendship does not build equally every time between 2 sims. BFFs could be expanded upon a lot I think to give us real gameplay from it. And why limit to just one? Why not 3 or 4 close buddies that do things together on a regular basis.

Hopefully we'll see some of these things in the future.
  • Bearpal64Bearpal64 Posts: 1,117 Member
    I wish I'd mentioned improving whims.

🐸🐸🐸🐸! I knew I forgot something
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    edited January 2020
    Bearpal64 wrote: »
    I wish I'd mentioned improving whims.

plum! I knew I forgot something

Yeah, me too!
  • DragonAge_300905DragonAge_300905 Posts: 1,942 Member
    For improving packs I chose city living, island living, and seasons. I'd like to see more apartments, more things to do in island living, and more things to do for each season.
  • xMarianxxMarianx Posts: 74 Member
    Good survey! I would especially love snowboarding, mountain climbing and the idea of running a ski resort. For personalities I am super interested in everything except the things about certain personalities getting along with others better... that I don't want as I find it's hard for me when I'm trying to set up two sims and they just won't get along, it's one of the reasons why I don't like Sims 2 and get bored of it quick. The place to comment what you'd like the most I put non-mutual relationships. That's what I really want most, I want my Sims to have non-reciprocated crushes, or in my one storyline I need my kid to hate her stepmum who actually adores the kid but it just isn't working out lol.

For old packs that I'd love to see updated I put Get to Work, Get Together and Island Living (3 packs that I really really love to play with and think an upgrade would just make them that much better)

For brands I want them to collab with I put Disney haha. I wish I'd also listed the IOC cuz a Sims Olympic pack would be awesome but I thought of it too late.

I also chose Disney! That would be great.
  • Lemon405Lemon405 Posts: 163 Member
    Hoverael wrote: »
    I'm at question 9 and i don't understand the question. what is meant by "Brands"? as in working with other companies or charities? doing what exactly? More elaboration required. I just left that question blank.

They mean what kind of collaborated content SP would you be interested in, like the Moschino SP. So maybe they’ve realized they picked the most off the wall weird and unknown fashion designer and maybe it’s not as “cool” as they thought.

I listed off a ton of more well-known, not 🐸🐸🐸🐸, middle of the road options that shouldn’t alienate the majority of age groups.
  • HoveraelHoverael Posts: 1,230 Member
    Lemon405 wrote: »
    Hoverael wrote: »
    I'm at question 9 and i don't understand the question. what is meant by "Brands"? as in working with other companies or charities? doing what exactly? More elaboration required. I just left that question blank.

They mean what kind of collaborated content SP would you be interested in, like the Moschino SP. So maybe they’ve realized they picked the most off the wall weird and unknown fashion designer and maybe it’s not as “cool” as they thought.

I listed off a ton of more well-known, not plum, middle of the road options that shouldn’t alienate the majority of age groups.

you answered the concern i've been considering, thanks, so now you know what my thoughts are, but you didn't answer as to what kind of brands or the purpose they would represent on TS4 though.

Again some detail needed on what exactly EA are aiming at and which types of companies or charities they are lining up. I'd be perfectly happy to pay full price on a DLC product if it meant half of it is going to a really needy cause and awareness is raised about it. i mean something like helping women with breast cancer, or helping children out of abusive families, those i wouldn't want to give a second thought to and is something very worthy. but if they support a company just for the means of making money behind a marketing excuse? Then i'm not interested.

I can't answer to question because of that concern and lack of transparency from the writer of the survey.
  • AngelGirl2411AngelGirl2411 Posts: 1 New Member
    When it comes to which game packs they should polish I chose; Seasons, Parenthood and City Living. Simply because I know they can just get better. I have no hope for the other packs like Spa Day. What more could they do?

I also don't really care about the winter stuff. The only thing I care about is the relationships, personalities and gameplay function. Please I beg you. Give us the Like and Dislike system back, MORE traits, let my off spring have a family without me HAVING to do everything.