Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Adding onto existing packs

The current survey circulating right now asks about which 3 existing packs could use additions. I’m curious how people responded to this question and what their ideas are for additions that might be good.

I personally put Get to Work, Island Living, and Dine Out. I would love them to add a ticket machine to Get to Work like they had for Open for Business that would allow you to charge entry for venues. In general I rarely have sims run their own businesses bc the system doesn’t really work well. More active careers, like firefighter or something like that, would also be great. For Island Living, vacation elements were seriously lacking- no hotels, no way to vacation in the world, etc. For Dine Out I mostly just want them to improve restaurants. Some more restaurant options wouldn’t hurt either (pizza parlor, for one).

Anyway, what are other people’s ideas?

Comments

• nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    I did Get to Work, Island Living, and that option that said nothing. This is because aliens and mermaids (especially mermaids) are pretty boring and I want them to get overhauled. Island Living as a whole needs an overhaul, with new stuff.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• NationalPokedexNationalPokedex Posts: 829 Member
    I choose Get to Work, Get Together, and Dine Out.

Get To Work: I figured they could add more active careers, revamp the retail system, and maybe add some component for owning a lot without it being a retail lot.

Get Together: I honestly don't know how they can improve it, but I feel like there's potential there to add some more components of Sims doing things in groups so maybe more group activities or outings or something. Also maybe they'll add more club features. Idk, this one I just was like...they'll think of something cool to add that I can't think of that I'll end up really loving lol.

Get To Work and Get Together are two of the packs, in my opinion, that I feel offer the most integration possibilities of other packs into their key features, so making them better can only make other packs better.

Dine Out: I figured since this one is known to be quite buggy, it would allow an opportunity to fix it and make it playable.
  • KhrisstyneKhrisstyne Posts: 368 Member
    My top 4 was:

Island living - For obvious reasons.

Get to Work - This is a good pack and they need to tweak it abit like making it so that we can stay at work if we want to. Working as a doctor feels like it's just me working and no one else is working so I can't take on a lot of the patients coming through. And it's buggy.

City Living - I want buildable apartments and to remove the lot traits from certain apartments. But otherwise it's okay besides the bugs.

Dine Out - An amazing pack when it works. Buggy and it takes too long for food to come and sims don't eat.

Since I could only select 3 I removed City Living.
    AviaWinters.tumblr.com
    AviaTheDramaFiend.wordpress.com
    (not always sims related but I review and discuss television shows and movies. Foreign or not.)

I play on console and PC now! YAY!
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,885 Member
    edited January 2020
    oh there was thread for this!

I was talking about this on other thread so I'll just paste it here
    Simmingal wrote: »

I put in these packs mostly because I felt if we were to really take a look and improve we could make some pretty significant changes that could make my game so much more enjoyable and also i feel a little lack of something something

Get to Work
    this I picked first
    because it is plain in sight there could be so much more to this theme
    and it feels sooooooo lacking in every area like confused pack of bit of this bit of that nothing is complete
    like if they'd add even one thing
    they could add additional skill to it
    (sewing, pottery, glass fabrication, shoemaking idk ... anything to sell pretty much)

there could be factories also maybe? since well. jobs be jobs not everyone can have fancy one.

they could add additional active career
    (dressmaker, active npc jobs to play with our sims, firefighters? villain one like burglar? idk?)

they could improve aliens for honestly other occults kind of threw them out of park and they're constantly bugged
    and well alien colonies and spacecrafts and kidnapping sims be just... fun

or improve the retail system like adding groceries or just having some more stands to sell things
    like I can't even make clothes store we can't just have mannequins everywhere you know we need some clothes racks and such
    also there is many shoe store signs but absolutely no way to actually sell shoes ????
    (sorry i tried to make mall once and I am still frustrated)

or make the jobs more interesting by for example adding actual burglars in our sims houses to catch
    or like bigger crimes than doodles in goths house
    or having our sims go to hospital for other reasons than giving birth
    or just having more things to do at every career really

City Living
    second pick because meanwhile it has lots of cool stuff I'd like some more
    because I am greedy and some of it seems odd to put in another pack now
    Building apartments ourselves would really ace it

or if that can't happen at least let me edit the hallways and change door placements
    or separate existing apartments into 2 or 3 should I want to since some of them I never use for being too big

or let me have any other lot type inside my apartment because well it'd just be handy to have little offices in them and such

Functional Elevators to use in any build we like for going upstairs to downstairs. (i mean we got rom teleporters why not this?)

That backstreet of spice district. it seems great place to live edgy life inside some garages and basements whyyyyy not

those underground bands, opera and circus are a big tease and I want them right now as actual things to do.
    and id also want actual singer career though I suppose these would need another pack for being too big of a theme
    still, a tease.

being able to turn off festivals and festival invites

goes with phone invites in general but its just annoying when ur on vacation or playing historical save
    and its like ''geek con is in town'' like no it isn't

+ where does the towel person come from? let me go there. let me be a towel runner too.

Realm of Magic
    third pick, here I got very confused though since I want small additions to many of these packs (if not all) but I guess my love for occult won
    id say some actual witch clothes that look fabulous like old witch hats some cloaks and such are on top of my mind

and since they added familiars I wished there was more to do with them
    like grow them and play with them and talk to them and feed them
    and you know not just have them floating about

(*whispers* actual dragons)

and more foods for cauldrons! we can't just be having 3 come on

magic for kids has been talked about a lot

and also id like some of that magic show stuffs like ts1 since there is magicians wand and all :c
    like meanwhile true we could just have another pack with this features like showtime or something
    but it would have been fun here too so just throwing it in as I want it very much

hybrids, for honestly sometimes we just can't choose between lifestates

cursing other sims, not just our own sim p_p

and having the sims stay as objects or whatever until someone turns them back not turning back on their own :c
    and choosing what objects or such they turn into as well since now its just like random and idk what to use it on
    I can't make my garden of sim statues to show off to my neighbors
    and also I was hoping for fortune tellers pre release but now I think better choice would be to release happy haunts as gp tbh since then you could add many death related things and psychics and fortune telling and seances and grimmy and maybe bonehilda and funerals and graveyards and some rituals and ghost things and ... you know?
    Simmingal wrote: »
    IL was close to being in my top 3

mostly because I'd like them added open water areas in places like windenburg island and brindleton island at least
    some hula, some hammocks, that ladder to actually work as stairs but i guess id rather its base game then
    some more sims in my boats/on my aquazips at once
    and a possible underwater lot for my mermaids
    and *whispers* Kraken

we also could have some cute mermaid furniture like shell bed. I just love me a good shell bed okay?
    also something like ''mermaids sitting rock'' would be fun and cute

+ true the village lots are bit irritating since beach feels too crowded to build for me
    (like it just feels like I should leave it empty and pretty) and I'd like some actual village lots
    it sort of feels like I live in that village alone with some house shells

I pretty much have idea for all of these packs though
    one could always improve something
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • InsaneStarInsaneStar Posts: 94 Member
    My 3 picks were..

Get To Work - The pack is OK. Aliens need a major update on their powers. There's nothing much on them. So bringing a few powers like they had in Sims 3 is great, but please. Don't focus their new powers too much on emotions. Retail system on the customers are too slow to browse, and that's why it feels boring to fill their interest by talking to them. So faster more or instantly would help it. I don't mind if they add an extra active career like Firefighting, my most wanted career.

Island Living - Not much to do and it doesn't feel like a tropical getaway. While I don't mind the island being livable, but these tropical destinations/worlds relate on vacationing. So adding that as a optional gameplay would fix most problems. And mermaids, like the aliens. They felted too nerfed. Adding new powers wouldn't mind to make them more useful in oceans or lands equally.

Dine Out - Despite a great pack. But it's too buggy, despite the fix of adding more customers. Chefs and waiters are too slow to response and take forever to prepare food.
  • x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    I choose Get To Work, Get Together & City Living.

GTW - The aliens need extra attention. Besides, I hope that we could have a different species of Alien too. For retail, I wish that we can have an option for multiple lot option & perhaps home business too. Besides, instead of just selling goods, it would be interesting if the Sims can sell services too. For example, the style influencer career can open an office to provide advice (which indirectly, can help to change some of the NPC fashions)

GT - The club system is great but I wish that we can have more option for the club banners, the perks, fame system integration, etc. It would be great if there's an organisation in the club system (where the leader/treasury can be appointed based on votes) too.

CL- Adding more events such as pets competition event (why do I need my Sims to train the pet if they're not getting evaluated and win some medals), weirder & funkier event such as steampunk festival, etc. Besides, I wish that the events can be added to the calendar too.
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    I didn't pick dine out because the bugs should just be fixed. Period. We paid for the pack, it should work at purchase and I don't feel it's the same as going back and re-working a pack.

I picked Get to Work in the hopes that aliens get worked on more, I'd like to see them have a skill tree. I also wouldn't mind another active career or two.

I picked Island Living hoping for mermaids to get a skill tree as well. I'd also like to see some way to vacation there. They were asking about hotels and resorts on the survey, they could add them here.

I picked Discover University for my third. I want to see things like meters to tell me how well my sim is progressing, I want to know what buildings my classes are in. Going to soccer games and e-sports games should move the fun meter up. When you graduate add a trait or two.

I'm sure I could come up with extra ideas for every pack, but fixing all of the occults was top priority for me.
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    I picked:

Dine Out - This pack could use some better design. The waiters have a hard time cleaning up, the chefs take too long to cook. The eating mechanic seems to break with every patch, sometimes they will eat the food. Sometimes they will not. There are also a lot of food from other packs that has not been added to this pack. I really like going to the restaurant with my sims but it takes too long and does not work very well.

Island Living - It felt rushed, there so much potential to add more here, resorts, better mermaids, better deep diving, more lots, more stuff to do overall.

Cat's and Dogs - This pack feels like it was designed around curing pets, dealing with their problems and not so much about the joy that comes with owning a pet. My pets are constantly sick, their needs seem to decay when I am not playing them and it feels like there is more we could do with them.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    The three I picked were:
    Get to Work for better Aliens & Planet
    Strangerville to be able to turn off the weirdness
    City Living to fix the Festivals & get rid of the weird outfits.
  • M1ss_PlumbumM1ss_Plumbum Posts: 189 Member
    Can someone link to the survey please.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    I voted for Get Famous, GTW and Parenthood:
    - in GTW i would only want to be able to run a retail shop at home lot;
    - in Parenthood, more activities for all ages, something like turning it more into Generations.
    - in GF i would want it to have bands and concerts.
  • Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    I chose get to work I mean when we can work as a vet and take our sick Pets to the vet, we can work at the hospital but we can't take our sick Sims to the hospital that don't make any sense that needs to be fixed.
    I choose Parenthood because we need Preteens, more rebellion.
    We need more Generation stuff.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited January 2020
    City Living, Jungle Adventure, Outdoor Retreat

City Living because I want more apartments

Jungle Adventure because I want my Sims to be able to live in Selvadorada full time, not just vacation there

Outdoor Retreat because I can’t remember the last time I sent my Sims to Granite Falls but I know I was bored out of my mind. They definitely need more activities to do there because as of right now, it’s lacking. It definitely feels like your Sim is just at home.
    Post edited by Chazzzy on
  • munroelemunroele Posts: 286 Member
    I chose Get To work and Island Living for the purpose of overhauling Mermaids and Aliens, adding a skill tree to both to unionise all Occults to have a similar level of detail and less restrictions and to see the Active Careers in particular require a degree if you own DU.

I also chose City Living to allow us to build apartments elsewhere.
  • EdoubleGoodiesEdoubleGoodies Posts: 29 Member
    Dine Out most definitely!! We need bussers!! Sick of seeing dirty plates all over the place in restaurants.
  • x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    Can someone link to the survey please.

@M1ss_Plumbum You can refer to this survey time There's the link to the survey.

OID:- x4m1r4
  • bevillebeville Posts: 1,151 Member
    I pick Dine Out so that they add other food to the menu that is not in the game. Island living because they can add a new dance and more bar drinks.
  • RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,138 Member
    I'll just respond with what I put on the other thread.

I chose GTW, Island Living, and ROM as the packs I'd like to see updated.

For GTW I'm most interested in Aliens being updated and given more to do. Maybe expand Sixam and make it a livable world with more lots. The illnesses could also use an update with a low chance of getting a fatal disease that requires hospital care. All of the active careers could use an update too, but mostly for bugs.

For Island Living I'd really like to see some underwater lots where sims could scuba dive and mermaids could explore. A few more beach activities would be nice as well like burying a sim in sand or throwing a Frisbee. Maybe romantically involved sims could sit on a beach towel together and make out/cuddle. One small thing I really need is unique tombstones/urns for mermaids and maybe a bassinet.

For ROM I really just want more spells and for kids to have a few unique spells of their own. Maybe more interactions for familiars as well. Otherwise I'm good.
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    I chose Seasons, Cats and Dogs, and Parenthood.

For Seasons, I want more holiday traditions for seasons, I want to be able to choose which sim likes/dislikes which tradition, I want the traditions to include everyone in the family (aside from obvious child inappropriate ones like streaking and drinking), I want more decorations and more summer actives like a pol party, etc.

For C&D, I really just want to be able to control pets and see their needs and I'd like pet houses and/or crates. I doubt this'll happen, but I really want more cat and small dog breeds added. There are so many popular breeds that aren't in the game. Munchkins, American Curls, Snowshoes, Cavalier King Charles Spaniel, Chinese Crested, Toy Poodle, etc.

Parenthood could give more focus to babies-teens. Yeah, it's about the parents, but I think babies-teens should have gotten more content. Babies need an overhaul (which should be a patch), and giving them more through Parenthood would be great. Traits for babies, cribs, clothes would be fine. More for pregnancy could be great, like being able to have more multiples. Kids could get treehouses, bunk beds, and pranks. Teens could have new aspirations and pranks as well. For the parents, I'd like for them to have more parent related traits, like good parent, bad parent, overprotective parent, lax parent, etc. Family outings would be nice to have as well, like picnics.
  • RhiannonravenRhiannonraven Posts: 128 Member
    I chose City Living, Get to Work, and Realm of Magic.

City Living: I WANT TO BUILD MY OWN APARTMENTS AND OTHER LOTS WITH MULTIPLE HOUSES!!!

Get to Work: Would love some new playable careers.

Realm of Magic: I want some new stuff for kids. Maybe there could be a magic school (playable please!!!) or they could just start to learn magic from their parents? I also just want the magic to be more integrated into the lifestyle. Right now it's easier to live normally than to put effort into learning magic so that you can use it.
  • g01denswang01denswan Posts: 1,027 Member
    I chose Get to Work, City Living and Island Living.

Get to Work because I'm hoping they'll:

- improve the retail system
    - add the ability to live above a business
    - add a ticket machine like the one in TS3 store
    - add the ability to create multi-purpose lots
    - add the ability to easily choose our own created sims for employees
    - provide an option to disable aliens.

My sims are tired of lazy employees and being molested by aliens.

City Living because I'm hoping for functional elevators and buildable apartments.

Island living because I miss wind surfing as well as building, running and staying at resorts. I'm also tired of the constant autonomous shell collecting.

Whatever wins, I'm hoping my existing packs won't be further ruined by more invasive aliens, mermaid, spirits, etc without an option to turn them off.
  • superkyle221superkyle221 Posts: 1,119 Member
    I can't remember what all I chose but I did choose Island Living, because of the mermaids, and maybe making the odd jobs more open to other worlds. I do like the idea of underwater lots that people were posting about too.

I think another one I chose was Jungle Adventures? I don't know what they could do, but I love that one so much. Maybe more temple layouts, or making it more obvious what you have to do to disable traps?

The other one I think was Get to Work, because of aliens, but it also might have been City Living? I really don't remember.
    I don't remember how to change my signature.
  • Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    I'll just respond with what I put on the other thread.

I chose GTW, Island Living, and ROM as the packs I'd like to see updated.

For GTW I'm most interested in Aliens being updated and given more to do. Maybe expand Sixam and make it a livable world with more lots. The illnesses could also use an update with a low chance of getting a fatal disease that requires hospital care. All of the active careers could use an update too, but mostly for bugs.

For Island Living I'd really like to see some underwater lots where sims could scuba dive and mermaids could explore. A few more beach activities would be nice as well like burying a sim in sand or throwing a Frisbee. Maybe romantically involved sims could sit on a beach towel together and make out/cuddle. One small thing I really need is unique tombstones/urns for mermaids and maybe a bassinet.

For ROM I really just want more spells and for kids to have a few unique spells of their own. Maybe more interactions for familiars as well. Otherwise I'm good.

Truth about Sixam I finally went and was like...this is it??? They should've made it more exciting if not a livable lot then you know give something more worth exploring or something.
  • HopeCrashHopeCrash Posts: 119 Member
    I choose GTW - I think they can add few new active career without adding new lots, somthing like a Maid who can clean other sims houses or a Burgler who can "clean" other sims houses. also - the retail system is so lame and boring. I think it will be cool if my sims could own a nightclub or a bar.

Island Living - obviously.

and the last one is Get Famous. I love this expansion but hate Del Sol Valley. It's such a BORING city and there's nothing to do with it!
    Especially Starlight Boulevard! they write about it - "When it comes to night life Starlight Boulevard can not be beat". WHAT!? It's a lie.
  • ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Mine were:

Get to Work: more active careers and updates to the ones in game

Island Living: more depth to the pack, updates to mermaids

Realm of Magic: more spells/potions and updates to familiars
    "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990