Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Dream Big, Build Small with The Sims 4 Tiny Living

Comments

• DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,867 Member
    Do we know when the livestream will be ?
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Ravench wrote: »
    While I like the idea of this pack it doesn't actually add anything that we didn't already have/could do but for the murphy bed and the lot traits.
    The thing that bugs me the most is that the pack is utterly lacking in the ability of being able to be creative with space; fitting stuff into spaces they don't normally fit into, a critical feature of tiny living.
    Aside from the bed, there is not one single new object that takes up less space than it did before, which to me, makes it completely defeat the purpose of the the whole pack.
    I'm not impressed.

Actually, I believe there is a combo unit that acts as a tv/stereo/bookcase all in one.
  • RudiaroseRudiarose Posts: 891 Member
    EA_Lanna wrote: »
    We have some huge news about tiny homes.

Everyone knows tiny living is more than just a trend right now—it’s a movement. It’s ecological, less expensive, and infinitely cozier than living large, and it’s time for your Sims to celebrate this lifestyle in style. That’s why we’re introducing the amazing The Sims™ 4 Tiny Living Stuff Pack*!

[/i]

Still no Bunk beds!

• _starfrog_starfrog Posts: 84 Member
    tbh i would pay for an entire spiral staircase pack.
    still using fabric softener
  • thesimmer14thesimmer14 Posts: 393 Member
    I don't believe this.

Murphy bed is the only new item..? Guys, forget that it's a fold-in bed. This doesn't even add any significant gameplay. It's utilizing "fill needs" as its main source of entertainment. We've seen it 200x.

You will watch your Sims go into the bed and sleep. And that will be it. Nothing more "new" will come, unless they die from the new death.

This isn't even like a popcorn maker, or a butler, or a playdate. This is sleeping. This is something you can do in the basegame.

I'm not saying you can make a murphy bed more exciting, but with that being the only new content that isn't necessarily something we have in-game done a different way, I really can't believe this thing is worth $10.

• RhiannonravenRhiannonraven Posts: 128 Member
    100 squares is not really a tiny home...
  • liliaethliliaeth Posts: 1,087 Member
    I don't believe this.

Murphy bed is the only new item..? Guys, forget that it's a fold-in bed. This doesn't even add any significant gameplay. It's utilizing "fill needs" as its main source of entertainment. We've seen it 200x.

You will watch your Sims go into the bed and sleep. And that will be it. Nothing more "new" will come, unless they die from the new death.

This isn't even like a popcorn maker, or a butler, or a playdate. This is sleeping. This is something you can do in the basegame.

I'm not saying you can make a murphy bed more exciting, but with that being the only new content that isn't necessarily something we have in-game done a different way, I really can't believe this thing is worth $10.

it's not the only gameplay object, it's just the only one we've seen so far.
    Simguruninja also talked on twitter about a set of books that looked like deco, but which is apparently a functional bookshelf :-)
  • WitchessPancakesWitchessPancakes Posts: 209 Member
    Interesting. Not sure what to think.
    The oranges of the Island are like blazing fire Amongst the emerald boughs- And the lemons are like the paleness of a lover- Who has spent the night crying... -Mohammed Ibn Omar-
  • teeteelouiseteeteelouise Posts: 121 Member
    I'm super excited for this stuff pack and to freshen up my game with a few new items. And also thank you to everyone that works hard on these game packs. Not every pack will suite every player but we cant forget that it still takes a lot of hard work to make these all possible! :)
  • catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    Wow, wonder where you got this idea? From me and my Tiny House Challenge.
  • mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    Bunk beds would have been perfect for this pack, shame. I'll still be getting since I really want the Murphy bed and etc though.
  • invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    This would be the idea pack to include another single bed with a decent sleep rating. I'd much rather have that than bunk beds (which I never used because all of them had terrible sleep ratings).
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • Kathy090660Kathy090660 Posts: 813 Member
    I'm excited for new content I can't wait
    newsims4siggg_zps62d6d1ba.png

A Rainbow is a promise of God
  • katrinasforestkatrinasforest Posts: 1,002 Member
    I'm hoping for more items that Sims can put in their inventories. To me, that's what makes tiny living fun to play. I'm excited about the Murphy bed not because I like to watch my Sims sleep, but because it'll allow me to make one room have several functions. My Sim can wake up, put the bed up, then take out the folding table and chairs to have breakfast, then put those away and take out the easel, the laptop, the keyboard or whatever else they might want to use before work.

I loved the little cabin I built for the contest, and my plan is to edit it with Tiny Living Stuff as soon as it comes out. I also had a few half-finished tiny house concepts that I'm hoping I might get re-inspired for. ^_^
    Watch me mash together Sims and Pokémon to tell a story about battling glitches in Penny Saves Paldea. Updated every other Thursday.
  • joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    edited January 2020
    I'm digging that TV/Stereo/Bookshelf combo!!! I wonder what colors we'll get. Plus, the bookshelf that can act as clutter is marvi.

ETA: So the murphy bed death... how does that happen? I know random... but are they shut up in or does it fall on?
    "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame
  • nickelbutternickelbutter Posts: 1 New Member
    Does anyone know if we will have the ability to make the lots themselves smaller? It feels a little weird having a tiny home but a huge yard. I would actually love to see a new town with a whole bunch of small lots so we can have a tiny house community!
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Does anyone know if we will have the ability to make the lots themselves smaller? It feels a little weird having a tiny home but a huge yard. I would actually love to see a new town with a whole bunch of small lots so we can have a tiny house community!

Most lots are too big as it is. I think 20x30 are best. For the way I play. I don't want more "big" lots. I need more small lots.

They could even go smaller than 20x15 and closer together.

I've always been curious why they chose to put the 2 lots in DSV side by side. I think it may have to do with a future world we get with many smaller lots.

TBH, I am so glad they quit 32 bit. Things may be changing for sims 4. And for the better!
  • LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    I'm super excited for this stuff pack and to freshen up my game with a few new items. And also thank you to everyone that works hard on these game packs. Not every pack will suite every player but we cant forget that it still takes a lot of hard work to make these all possible! :)

There are literally modders out there who create even better things for FREE! They also use limited software to do it... lol
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,709 Member
    I'm currently looking for a nicely landscaped 30x20 lot on the gallery then I plan on bulldozing the house and rebuilding using the tiny house lot trait.
  • BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,175 Member
    I'm looking forward to the combo items and the murphy bed/sofa.

Ladders & bunkbeds would have been nice but bunkbeds would only be good for kids and/or single sims. My couples prefer to "sleep" together. ;-)
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • OtakuDOtakuD Posts: 5 New Member
    > @invisiblgirl said:
    > This would be the idea pack to include another single bed with a decent sleep rating. I'd much rather have that than bunk beds (which I never used because all of them had terrible sleep ratings).

You can now upgrade all beds to have better energy ratings in the last free patch
  • simplyzoesimplyzoe Posts: 428 Member
    Well considering we cannot edit the neighborhood to place lots I am really confused, my neighborhoods are set up already so where do the lots go, and how do they get there? Also was any of this in the feedback and requests for the sims 4 content? I know bunk beds have been for a long time but I did not see them mentioned.
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    simplyzoe wrote: »
    Well considering we cannot edit the neighborhood to place lots I am really confused, my neighborhoods are set up already so where do the lots go, and how do they get there? Also was any of this in the feedback and requests for the sims 4 content? I know bunk beds have been for a long time but I did not see them mentioned.

You don’t....
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif