Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Survey Time! (Survey Closed)

Comments

• sovereignsimmersovereignsimmer Posts: 35 Member
    edited January 2020
    My personal feedback on EP/GP polishes:

[b]Island Living[/b] kinda needs a purpose other than cleaning the island. But I suspect that the hotels/resorts will be added to Sulani anyway. Mermaids need UI abilities and weaknesses like Vampires and Spellcasters. It would add a lot of depth to Mermaids.

[b]Get to Work[/b] could get a polish too, it could easily add more careers such as Grim Reaper Freelance Career which got the community so excited when it was suggested on the first community survey of the fan-voted stuff pack! And Aliens could also use a UI similar to Vampires and Spellcasters. Again, it would add a lot of depth to them.

[b]Realm of Magic[/b] could use a polish to introduce some other [b]Happy Haunts[/b] stuff. Tarots, ouija boards, and seances would suit perfectly with RoM aesthetics! It is a shame that spellcasters do not already have access to those. Imagine how much cooler it would be to “necrocall” with seances instead of casting at the tombstone, requiring collective effort to raise dead!

Again, more furniture and decorations could be added to [b]Spooky Stuff Pack[/b] in Happy Haunts’ aesthetics. [b]Spooky Stuff[/b] Pack has very little to offer when it comes to build-buy features.

All listed above could improve and strengthen the selling points of the mentioned expansions and game packs, even that one particular stuff pack!
    Post edited by sovereignsimmer on
  • sovereignsimmersovereignsimmer Posts: 35 Member
    You like money, don't you? If you implement happy haunts' ideas to GTW, RoM & Spooky SP, rest assured that the sales of those will skyrocket in no time :smiley: I personally do not have GTW and Spooky SP and I would definitely buy them if they introduced what I suggested.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    This survey makes me think their in Sims 4 for the long haul now. I think we'll see content and packs for the next 3 years going out. I'm fine with that. I'm not ready for a new Sims Game right now cause I love 4.

^^^ this!!

I got so excited with this survey! It really looks that they're trying to address some faults and keep it going for a long time! And romantic relationships maybe getting the attention they need @catloverplayer ;)
    taydev wrote: »
    Most exciting survey to me so far. Sounds like we’ll likely get more vacations, being able to run a hotel, and own multiple homes!

Oh yeah, i forgot about owning multiple homes. That's great! My easily millionaire sims need to spend those simeleons!
  • WHW_SimmerWHW_Simmer Posts: 21 Member
    I voted "Very Interested" on just about everything to all the new ideas. I wish I could've put down all my ideas for improvements such as having an option to speed up or slow down time itself (not to be confused with fast forward or stopping the game to a pause). That way we don't have to take 8 sim hours just to enjoy what should be a 1 or 2 hour get together with friends.

I wish I could've selected more than three packs to be improved on too because I have ideas for several of them. I picked Cats & Dogs as I would like to see things such as hiring a pet sitter to check on the needs of a sim's pet(s) while that sim is off to work or even hanging out at another lot. Hiring a dog walker for dog owners; allowing children to be able to walk dogs; & the ability to walk two dogs at once.

Chose Get To Work because I think there's potential for more careers to be played instead of just being a rabbit hole (though obviously the option to Send Alone should still be there). I think the Culinary career could definitely be played out, and I think it would be fun to play the Criminal and Secret Agent careers since we can already play the Detective Career. Also, it wouldn't hurt to clean up any and all bugs that affect gameplay in Get To Work.

Finally, I chose Vampires to be worked on because I think an option to fine tune how often or little vampire break ins would be nice. So for those who like to have a realistic save with little to no involvement of supernatural sims, they could turn vampire break ins all the way down to "None." Meanwhile, those who love their fantasy lore can turn it all the way up to "Max," and those who just like to play and let random things happen can have a "Medium" setting. Ditto this for the Get To Work pack as well when it comes to alien abductions and allowing us to tune how often or rarely (or never) a sim gets impregnated by an alien abduction.

And who doesn't love to have more traits, aspirations, etc.? I'm thinking there could be an aspiration dealing with Vampires specifically: "Vampire Friend." Things to do can include building up the Vampire Lore skill; introducing yourself to vampire sims; becoming good friends with vampire sims; giving plasma packs, wolfsbane, etc. as gifts to vampires, and anything else I haven't thought of. Then the reward trait for completing this aspiration could be something along the lines of "Friend of the Vampires," wherein you never have to worry about vampires breaking in to your residence and using their powers on you and/or drinking from you.
    "It is now time for our main event of Bob Pancakes vs. Diego Lobo, but here comes Caleb Vatore with an angry holiday gnome! And now here comes Johnny Zest with a cup of vampire cure! It's pandemonium, but we're out of time!"
  • haisinhaisin Posts: 948 Member
    The better relationships, personality, aspirations and traits were the best parts!

I forgot to write body hair in the CAS part though :( I just put traits and aspirations there, because I struggle with choosing them the most and would love to have more options.

Winter activities and polishing some of the old packs sounded good too. I couldn't come up with any brand I'd like to see in the game, so I didn't suggest anything.
  • WHW_SimmerWHW_Simmer Posts: 21 Member
    The brands I selected as ones I'd like to see: one of them is probably the most realistic as Marvel is owned by Disney, as is Star Wars, which we have seen content of in this game given EA having the license to make Star Wars games. I think it would be cool to see official EA renderings of Marvel characters with their character costumes being party outfit options. I put down DC even though that's a real long shot given that DC is owned by Warner Bros. And another long shot, but hey, you have not because you ask not: I put down AEW (All Elite Wrestling). Just thought it would be funny to see households such as the Inner Circle, the Elite... maybe Jon Moxley being a random homeless sim you see at parks. Jim Ross of course would have to automatically be 10 in Homestyle Cooking. "BARBECUE SAUCE, BAH GAWD!" Or if the Grim Reaper shows up to collect a sim who has just died: "BAH GAWD, THAT SIM HAD A FAMILY!" And when a sim flips over and falls down on the dance floor or skating rink, we could have Excalibur shout "TOPE SUICIDA!"

I'm sorry, I'm in a playful mood right now and thinking of all that just tickled me.
    "It is now time for our main event of Bob Pancakes vs. Diego Lobo, but here comes Caleb Vatore with an angry holiday gnome! And now here comes Johnny Zest with a cup of vampire cure! It's pandemonium, but we're out of time!"
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,106 Member
    I don't want branded content. I said I'd rather have historically themed content instead.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    For the brand, I wrote “none” because imo Moschino was a disaster and I never use the Star Wars stuff.

For the packs I want improved, I chose Seasons (my favorite pack), Parenthood (feels like a watered-down generations), and Island Living (the weakest EP other than GTW imo).

I said I was somewhat satisfied with the game.
  • FiddelizFiddeliz Posts: 39 Member
    I think I wrote two very good things for CAS updates, I feel proud honestly haha.
    1st: more columns on CAS, that you could choose between 2-3-4-5. I mean I have 10 packs out of 30 and my CAS is craaazy already. (I have the mod but everyone doesn't)
    2nd: a thing I miss soooo much from sims 3, to be able to "lock" hairstyle, makeup, accessories and skin details to all of the outfits, instead of having to go through every outfit...

Note: I have only played Sims 4 for about 3 months, but I have played Sims 2 and 3 since I was a kid, so if this is already a thing and I was not at all a genius for suggesting it, well that sucks but whatever haha
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,644 Member
    Nice survey! I think it's the first survey I ever completed, because it was about the game and not the community and guru stuff.

The point about defining sims' habits and social preferences etc sounds very intriguing! Not so interested in more about the existing EA made characters though, because I already have made my own stories and played those families on for a couple generations, and would not benefit from any additions.

So many good questions in this survey! :)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Noah82594Noah82594 Posts: 3 New Member
    Go To School Expansion Pack! I hate that i don't see my child and teen sims most of the day. I'd much rather play them than the adults most of the time.
  • DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    I voted for Cats & Dogs to have some additional polishing so more dog beds and pet toys can be added.
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
    The main things I want is for the worlds to populate lots and sims we've saved from the gallery so they're not filled with hideous randomly generated sims. And that you can upload and download them with their skills and jobs. Also more specific sports skill and fitness aspirations (separate swimming, basketball, skating, etc). Sims outside your household creating their own drama like dating and fighting. More in-depth personalities and relationships.
    And of course, BetterBabies TM
  • InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    edited January 2020
    Good survey.

The idea of resorts is excellent, especially if I can build them, own them, and have my sims stay at them. I'd really really really like to put a resort in Sulani. I honestly want a proper beach vacation for my sims, without using some silly workaround method to do so. Camping is dull and I dont want my sims being attacked by bugs in the jungle.

Sims' relationships with each other needs alot of friggin' work. I dont want two sims who clearly dont like each other to be randomly chatting it up like they're good friends. I also want kids to be more affected by the actions of the parents. Mommy and Daddy arguing right in front of the child? They should be rightfully upset and sad. Not continuing to smile as if all is right in the world.

And speaking of kids, can we please give occult kids something to do? I wouldve loved it if my spellcaster kids could perform very basic magic or even play with their parent's wand. Id love it if the parent could teach their kid magic. Its stuff like these why I almost never play occult families. The kids have really nothing going for them, so why waste time on them? Why even designate them as occult if they cant even do occult things! Another reason why I put RoM and Island Living as packs to be worked on. I want merkids with actual fins and spellcaster kids with actual magic.
  • CaprianaBCaprianaB Posts: 511 Member
    If Island Living gets an overhaul the first place they need to start is Sulani and open up some of those closed lock areas that are just set dressing. To add features they will need to add more lots to place stuff on and I think a resort should be added. Also if they can I hope they'll open up the underwater so we can see our sims scuba diving.

Yes! There are so many buildings that look like you can use them realize they're just part of the scenery. Would love to use these as vacation homes or resort.
  • Vivi_WillowTreeVivi_WillowTree Posts: 451 Member
    I also really liked this survey. They need to do them like this more often. Only downside is the question about what packs need more polish or expanding on. In my opinion they all do in some form or another.
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,644 Member
    I didn't really see how they could consider families owning more than one home? This game has way too few lots, even if my sims could own 2 lots, there wouldn't be any available lots unless they limit them to a new world, which would not be so much fun. Again the planning seems to be excluding us who play all houses on a rotation.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Felicity1169Felicity1169 Posts: 592 Member
    edited January 2020
    I love that they are doing a survey like this as it hopefully means they'rr not only listening to us but that The Sims 4 is going to be around for a while longer.
    Can't remember what my other responses were since I took it half-asleep first thing in the morning but I know I selected Realm of Magic (I would love better spells and weaknesses) and Island Living as the packs that need polishing. I think maybe University as well... it's a great pack but there's a couple of annoying issue that should be fixed. i do remember putting that children should have magic and vampire abilities though.
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,403 Member
    I didn't really see how they could consider families owning more than one home? This game has way too few lots, even if my sims could own 2 lots, there wouldn't be any available lots unless they limit them to a new world, which would not be so much fun. Again the planning seems to be excluding us who play all houses on a rotation.

I must agree with this which is why I put not interested in for that option. I can manage with the amount of lots we have, but owning a second lot would be pretty much useless feature for me. I wont be upset if we get it, just if they need to prioritize then I'd rather have something else.
  • NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    edited January 2020
    I would love it if mrs crumplebottom returned, those sims in the sims 4 have life too easy 😂, I made a club with my creation of mrs crumplebottom, it's called mrs crumplebottom revenge for not bringing her back lol and she fights with all sims younger than her in the library but it's not the same she needs a purse 😂😂
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member

Haha I don't have this issue, most my lots are empty fields. I usually only play with one family per save and I'm constantly deleting other Sims who move into the world lol. NPC job Sims I keep of course.
    Noah82594 wrote: »
    The main things I want is for the worlds to populate lots and sims we've saved from the gallery so they're not filled with hideous randomly generated sims. And that you can upload and download them with their skills and jobs. Also more specific sports skill and fitness aspirations (separate swimming, basketball, skating, etc). Sims outside your household creating their own drama like dating and fighting. More in-depth personalities and relationships.

Yeah, music skills are all separated: piano, guitar, singing . Athletics should be too.