Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

DIY Delight Enthusiasts: Let's Discuss!

My initial vote was for Granny Chic but after my initial disappointment I'm actually looking forward to the winning theme. I was initially focusing on creating a residential look but now I'm thinking about using the items in a retail setting. I want to create a retail knitting shop with a workroom in back for storage, creating items for sale, and hopefully holding knitting classes.

CwdJb9s.png

3cPok9B.png

I know we've got a ways to go before release but do you have any plans for the pack? Which items are you hoping will make the cut?

And keep in mind that @SimGuruNinja has said we'll get more selections for swatches so I wouldn't be overly concerned about the bright pastels shown in the concept art picture.

Comments

• DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,351 Member
    Well, my sim-self house can now have a real "Crafting Plum" room - Might even dust off the old Hexagon program, install blender and Sims4Studio and make some CC fabric bolts and a (decorative) sewing machine - if I can't find them already out there. :)

Going forward with my story sims, usage will, like everything depend on the individual sim. Some may only have a few bits, others will have craft rooms... others will have living rooms or dining rooms that double as craft rooms (as my RL home does currently) And some, of course, won't use the items at all. Not every sim (elder or not) is going to learn how to knit.

I mean, I obviously can't speak for all crafters out there, but a lot of the ones I know would love to have a room similar to this that they could dedicate to craft projects and stash storage. My MIL's quilting room is along these lines (different colors, but along these lines) and my mom and aunt would both love it too. Crafting in a warm cozy corner is nice and all, but a clean, bright room really helps when trying to find that stitch you dropped (or that bead that dropped in the wrong - but similar - color, or read the blasted sewing machine needle when trying to remember what size you need to replace it after it breaks...) So I tend to see this design as very believable for a residential crafting room.
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    I'm very excited for this. :) I feel this was a lot more versatile than the Granny one or the other one. Very pleased to see that it won.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,708 Member
    @DaWaterRat love the idea of the fabric bolts and sewing machines! I remember Sandy from Around The Sims had some really cool sewing cc for Sims 3. Need to check her site and see if there's anything appropriate for a knitting shop.
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,015 Member
    edited January 2020
    I really like the look of it. My oldest sister had a similar set-up for her arts and crafts. Assuming we get more craft stuff in the future, I think this is perfect for craft rooms.

Also, I'm planning on making a big school or community center with a craft room. If it's a school, knitting could be an afterschool club or an alternative way of getting an art credit. If I go with community center, it would be a great way to teach sims (especially underprivileged sims) skills that can help them in life, all with no cost. Items made at the center can be donated to needy sims.

I really hope knitting is a club activity.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • AmyAngelusAmyAngelus Posts: 9 New Member
    Well, I'm Grateful it won even though I voted for Granny Chic anything that wasn't the cozy craft styles. Yeah, I'm a sucker for bright colors
  • mintycupcakemintycupcake Posts: 13,212 Member
    I love the bright colors, if not anything in the concept art. Happy it won, but I find myself wishing they might bring in some pieces of Granny Chic, like the squishy easy chair, cuckoo clock, and macrame plant hangers. Maybe modernize them somehow to make them blend in better? Idk. :D
    I feel like this craft room brings sewing to mind, way more than knitting.

I am all about the male Sim's kitten sweater and kitten face slippers though! 😻
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
  • superkyle221superkyle221 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Do you think they'll bring back the oversized scissors from Sims 2?
    I don't remember how to change my signature.
  • popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    edited January 2020
    I liked this style the most but the CAS is a real
    hodgepodge. I can’t really get a feel for what style they’re going for there.

It’d be cool if the craft table made it into the game and could be like the kid school projects. Everyone could gather around and work on either one big project or each on their own project. That would be a cool item to add into a knitting shop - almost like the ability to host a community class.
  • cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    this was my second go-to after the granny one. i hope those cat slippers make it in
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited January 2020
    I voted the same too and honestly just happy the third option didn't win because I love colors. I knit so I am thrilled too. It would be cute if the kids got frog knitted hats too in addition to the swatch shown in the picture. A llama and giraffe knit swatch would be cute too.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    I want a rocking chair in this pack, similar to the chair in the upper left
    MTS_Honeywell-1329582-RockingChair-RCBrightWhite.jpg
    a256aFi.gif
  • JemmaTheSimmerJemmaTheSimmer Posts: 387 Member
    edited January 2020
    I kinda like the look of this one. It wasn't my first choice, but was my second and it was a close one. I don't like some of the CAS style, but tbh I care way more about BB so I'm pretty happy.

I don't get why people are saying this is just pink...the main pink is the wall and I doubt that is even part of the pack, just looks like the basegame pink wall. Plus you get swatches with everything so you can avoid the few bits of pink clutter if you want. I hate pink and I like this style! I think they need to make either the palettes more similar or change they do this voteif they do this again, because a lot of people can't seem to look past either the colours or the specific items (which are not guaranteed and have a separate vote later) and aren't actually voting on the art style.

I like that I can use it anywhere. Craft rooms in houses and retail settings immediately come to mind, which is a big range in itself. But generally it looks like we might get some more plain/minimal furniture which is super versitle which we don't have enough of. Plain chairs (like the desk chair), curtains, desks with a variety of swatches but nothing too extravagant is really needed. A lot of furniture in TS4 is too fancy/has too much to it and more basics would be good. Kinda like some people want an IKEA pack, I'm getting IKEA vibes from this which would be nice.
  • munroelemunroele Posts: 286 Member
    i'm really glad this won. This looks really versatile, whereas "granny chic" would have only been usable for Elders or super Kitchy sims, which I don't do. Quirky, sure, but this will be usable by ALL kinds of sims. Kids, teens, adults and elders, with the right flourishes and colours for each age group.
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    I voted for the items, not the color of the room. I love, love that large craft table and am really hoping for a workable rocking chair. I miss that one from Sims 3...especially rocking the tots to sleep. <3
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.