Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

deleted

WolferTigerzWolferTigerz Posts: 121 Member
deleted
Post edited by WolferTigerz on

Comments

• Rae357Rae357 Posts: 922 Member
    I've decided to make a resolution holiday on the first day of every season and then a gardening holiday on the last day of every season to remind me to move plants indoors.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Add too many holidays and your game will suffer. That’s been my experience.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    What are some holidays you guys have added to your calendar? I'm curious and I'm also looking for some holidays to add :3

I've added Leisure Day for Summer. I'm also planning on adding Halloween and WinterFest Eve.
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    With Winterfest I added a holiday for a 'lightning of the tree' type festivity along with attending a ceremony. Usually a few days ahead of winterfest and kinda have a decorated festive park.

Also, made a Leisure Day myself. Water fun, bbq, fireworks and drinking~

For the heck of it, made a streaking day in summer time. Streaking and Water fun obviously goes hand in hand. :p
    5vJrxmT.png
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    I only added Midsummer Jam and Spooky Day. I am working on a 7 day season set up so having too many holidays can be a bit much especially with the surprise holidays like pirate day, lottery, season premier, etc.
    LadyKyn wrote: »
    With Winterfest I added a holiday for a 'lightning of the tree' type festivity along with attending a ceremony. Usually a few days ahead of winterfest and kinda have a decorated festive park.

Also, made a Leisure Day myself. Water fun, bbq, fireworks and drinking~

For the heck of it, made a streaking day in summer time. Streaking and Water fun obviously goes hand in hand. :p

For Leisure Day I picked bbq,fireworks and water activities.
    edited July 2018
    I'm also thinking of adding St Patricks Day but I don't think there is anything holiday related to that unless we pick drinking and maybe gift giving. TS4 has only a ST Patricks Day Hat but no special clothing. I have some St Patty's Day venues I've downloaded. Drinking the green coke float from Get Together comes to mind but it looks more like beer to me.

Looking for a Venue for ST Patricks Day? Look no further. I have this one in my game.

Irish Green Pub by DruTruBuilder
    https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/7CE7ECBFCBE811E4816E37B61C12F32B?category=lots&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=downloads&time=all&searchquery=Drutrubuilder&max=50&maxis=false

• SimmerSamSimmerSam Posts: 73 Member
    I've added in the Fourth of July, Halloween, and a holiday for a family reunion
  • LolaLuvsSimsLolaLuvsSims Posts: 1,827 Member
    @catloverplayer i have Winterfest eve in my game as well
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    I don't have seasons yet, but when I eventually get it, I plan to have Grilled Cheese Day.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • BradyGalaxyBradyGalaxy Posts: 306 Member
    I have Water Day in the middle of the week of summer (7 day week), where everyone has fun with water (pools, sprinklers, slippy slides, etc.).
    Proud simmer
  • IdkwhatimdoingIdkwhatimdoing Posts: 2 New Member
    I’ve added Easter and Halloween. I was also thinking about have a holiday in summer when you go on vacation or travel (I have the outdoor retreat pack) and bbq. I was gonna add winter fest eve with baking and invite guests but I don’t know what else to add
  • xMarianxxMarianx Posts: 74 Member
    I’ve added Easter and Halloween.
    I’m thinking about a summer holiday, but I don’t know what to call it or what to include.
  • Bearpal64Bearpal64 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Fall Fasting

Fasting
    Baking

You fast first and then reward yourself with baking ^_^
  • RumorzzRumorzz Posts: 9 New Member
    I added a Winterfest Eve, Spookyfest (Halloween), Summer vacation (w/ winter vacay, fall vacay, spring vacay) also meaning breaks from work or school and things to do to prepare or remember the closest holiday). Also, I use this, and it definitely is fun... okay, so, some people go to church. If you still want to have a church in your game, what you can do is use the “attend holiday ceremony”. Some people fast on the first Sunday of each month, so you can use the “fasting” one as well. I use this and it’s super fun! Your sims leave and it’s just a rabbit hole, but they get fed and get a moodlet from going that makes them feel happy. Another thing you can do is make a Spring Cleaning day, Black Friday (use air grievances, fighting, and appreciate an object bc you can’t go to the store like in the Sims 3) another one is 4th of Summer (4th of July) and do it on the 4th day of the summer (use “fireworks” tradition, “drinking”, and “party spirit”), and I have more. All of this works best when you extend your calendar to 28 days per season (don’t have to, but it’s rlly fun.)

If you like these ideas, just respond to this and I’ll show you my calendar, or just tell you all of the holidays and you can place them where you want! Hope this helps!
  • RumorzzRumorzz Posts: 9 New Member
    [quote="BradyGalaxy;c-16607865"]I have Water Day in the middle of the week of summer (7 day week), where everyone has fun with water (pools, sprinklers, slippy slides, etc.).[/quote]

Cool! That’s what I used to do before I did the 28 days per month. After that, I ended up just doing a summer break for one week. You can do fall break, spring break and winter break too. Using 28 days is super fun. Try it out! :smile:
  • KAYLANDAKAYLANDA Posts: 19 Member
    I have Spooky Day, Bunny Day, BBQ Day and Worker's Day. I'm seeing some really cool ideas here though!
  • painting_trees89painting_trees89 Posts: 27 Member
    I like to add birthdays to my household's calendar! :)
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,660 Member
    I have several custom, the one I like the most is Leaf burning day the last day of Fall. Families with a teen will send the teen to light up all leaf piles in that hood. Families with children might be out too, and any bonfire activities are popular this night. I think gardening (obviously including leaf raking) is on that list, too :)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Rae357Rae357 Posts: 922 Member
    With University I added a 'University Enrollment' holiday. It has no traditions, just a day for all my sims to enroll. It makes it feel less random. I love the calendar and all the possibilities it provides.