Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cross platform Gallery coming to The Sims 4!

Comments

• ZevanoxZevanox Posts: 30 Member
    Oh wow, I don't plan on re-buying the games on console any time soon, but I really like the sound of that. I think it's a great implementation.
  • Eurostar1127Eurostar1127 Posts: 84 Member
    Prefer the PC platform, even though I have a PS4 Pro. I like to do creative editing with Sims 4. Cant do that with my PS4, although it would be more relaxing playing Sims on a console sitting on sofa with a large screen.
    Long blond haired slim androgynous looking bi boy from London UK.
    It just occured to me (wake up). I can play on my large TV, as the PC is connected to it as well. I do need a wireless keyboard and mouse, and I think I can use my MS controller.
    > @Zevanox said:
    > Oh wow, I don't plan on re-buying the games on console any time soon, but I really like the sound of that. I think it's a great implementation.

For some time now graphics cards on PCs include a HDMI output, so you can plug into your TV, if they are near to each other. It would help to have a wireless keyboard and mouse.
  • ZevanoxZevanox Posts: 30 Member
    > @Zevanox said:
    > Oh wow, I don't plan on re-buying the games on console any time soon, but I really like the sound of that. I think it's a great implementation.

For some time now graphics cards on PCs include a HDMI output, so you can plug into your TV, if they are near to each other. It would help to have a wireless keyboard and mouse.

ohh, I actually didn't know that, but unfortunately, my pc setup is in the basement while the tv is on the 2nd floor. I really prefer playing on a couch or just consoles in general, so I will try this when I move out for sure, I'm excited to try it. Thanks for letting me know!
  • ApricusApricus Posts: 672 Member
    *cue intense happy screaming*
    ZjzmtTb.jpg
    In my noob days I spent like a hour looking for the gallery button, to only discover that it wasn’t there. Very happy it’s coming, would rather have access to gallery rather then mod and CC. I’m a very bad builder so this will definitely help a ton, plus I can download some adorable sims to get with my own.
    ZjzmtTb.jpg
  • rikaoceanrikaocean Posts: 24 Member
    Yay! Wondering though- I have some stuff packs purchased on the PS4 and I have some other packs purchased on PC. Will they be combined now or still separate?
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    > @Zevanox said:

Consoles can now have wireless keyboard and mouse.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    > @Zevanox said:

I doubt mine does, I've had it over 20 years, it's the old silver big box style tv's haha, not even a flat screen.
  • sooozeeebeeesooozeeebeee Posts: 665 Member
    > @Zevanox said:

I doubt mine does, I've had it over 20 years, it's the old silver big box style tv's haha, not even a flat screen.

There are adapters for everything. Take a picture of the connectors on your tv and try best buy or radio shack.
  • vincentvega8899vincentvega8899 Posts: 103 Member
    I’m so excited for this. I’m trying to wait patiently BUT I CAN’T. I can’t wait to see everyone’s creativity. This is perfect for my husband he’s constantly looking in the library for lots and we all know that’s limited. I’m super worried the builds will effect the games performance. 😬
  • EA_MaiEA_Mai Posts: 1,800 EA Staff (retired)
    We just released an update - welcome to The Gallery!

I'm opening a thread here for a downloading party ;)
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    will EA access be needed to use the gallery?
    Probably just Xbox Live (or the PS4 equivalent), but good question.
    You won't need an EA Access, Xbox Live Gold neither PlayStation Plus active subscription to access The Gallery on console. Enjoy!
    ARE YOU SERIOUS OMGGG
    ZjzmtTb.jpg
    edited January 2020
    Excuse the yelling, just excited. I can’t play now but thank you for finally adding the gallery in! There’s so many improvements that’s been happening to the Xbox version (closer pack release dates to computer version, gallery, etc)

But really, thank you. Sims is one of my favorite games and I can finally enjoy it that bit more.
    ZjzmtTb.jpg
    :smiley: Hope you get to play with it soon!
  • NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    How do you connect to the gallery ? It wont let me lol
    edited January 2020
    Gallery was having some connection issues, so we are doing some maintenance. Please, keep an eye on this topic for updates: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/971346/the-sims-4-gallery-maintenance-january-16-2020
    Thank you :-) I thought it was just me 😂 @EA_Mai
    Give it another try now :)
    Thank you it's now working 😊, I'm loving it so many talented simmers
  • c4tlover123468c4tlover123468 Posts: 27 Member
    Yay! The gallery is finally here! I play PS4 and I suck at building so hopefully I can find some cool houses!
  • KhrisstyneKhrisstyne Posts: 368 Member
    Thank you so much for this.
    AviaWinters.tumblr.com
    AviaTheDramaFiend.wordpress.com
    (not always sims related but I review and discuss television shows and movies. Foreign or not.)

I play on console and PC now! YAY!
  • M1ss_PlumbumM1ss_Plumbum Posts: 189 Member
    edited January 2020
    Ps4 player here!!! I loooove it!!!!