Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Survey Time! (Survey Closed)

Comments

• Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    bethyGrace wrote: »
    Ski resorts sound cool and all, but I feel like we still need to focus on basics first :D

I upvoted everything to do with deeper personalities and relationships.

I really hope some of that will be coming soon!

This was what I was most interested in too. A vacation pack would be great, improvements to earlier packs also cool, owning a resort would be fun. But deepening personalities and relationships and having sims interactions with each other have impact on their relationships for more than three seconds would impact the game for the better overall.
  • Options
    NationalPokedexNationalPokedex Posts: 829 Member
    edited January 2020
    I loved taking that survey! Makes me think a lot of updates to existing content might be in the future which I love because it would make them worth revisiting rather than buying new content. But I'm also excited for new content! Wow this made me really happy.

I put Very Interested on nearly every thing, especially the personalities and such.
    I would love a winter world and winter activities (especially if it's not tied to just being a vacation world).
    For revisiting old packs, I put Get Together, Get To Work (because I think they helped lay down a nice foundation to work well with other packs, and improving them could add so much more depth) and Dine Out (because I've wanted that pack for a while but I've been reading that it's really bugged).
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,960 Member
    edited January 2020
    also about the packs needing extra care what did yall put?

I put in these packs mostly because I felt if we were to really take a look and improve we could make some pretty significant changes that could make my game so much more enjoyable and also i feel a little lack of something something

Get to Work
    this I picked first
    because it is plain in sight there could be so much more to this theme
    and it feels sooooooo lacking in every area like confused pack of bit of this bit of that nothing is complete
    like if they'd add even one thing
    they could add additional skill to it
    (sewing, pottery, glass fabrication, shoemaking idk ... anything to sell pretty much)

there could be factories also maybe? since well. jobs be jobs not everyone can have fancy one.

they could add additional active career
    (dressmaker, active npc jobs to play with our sims, firefighters? villain one like burglar? idk?)

they could improve aliens for honestly other occults kind of threw them out of park and they're constantly bugged
    and well alien colonies and spacecrafts and kidnapping sims be just... fun

or improve the retail system like adding groceries or just having some more stands to sell things
    like I can't even make clothes store we can't just have mannequins everywhere you know we need some clothes racks and such
    also there is many shoe store signs but absolutely no way to actually sell shoes ????
    (sorry i tried to make mall once and I am still frustrated)

or make the jobs more interesting by for example adding actual burglars in our sims houses to catch
    or like bigger crimes than doodles in goths house
    or having our sims go to hospital for other reasons than giving birth
    or just having more things to do at every career really

City Living
    second pick because meanwhile it has lots of cool stuff I'd like some more
    because I am greedy and some of it seems odd to put in another pack now
    Building apartments ourselves would really ace it

or if that can't happen at least let me edit the hallways and change door placements
    or separate existing apartments into 2 or 3 should I want to since some of them I never use for being too big

or let me have any other lot type inside my apartment because well it'd just be handy to have little offices in them and such

Functional Elevators to use in any build we like for going upstairs to downstairs. (i mean we got rom teleporters why not this?)

That backstreet of spice district. it seems great place to live edgy life inside some garages and basements whyyyyy not

those underground bands, opera and circus are a big tease and I want them right now as actual things to do.
    and id also want actual singer career though I suppose these would need another pack for being too big of a theme
    still, a tease.

being able to turn off festivals and festival invites

goes with phone invites in general but its just annoying when ur on vacation or playing historical save
    and its like ''geek con is in town'' like no it isn't

+ where does the towel person come from? let me go there. let me be a towel runner too.

Realm of Magic
    third pick, here I got very confused though since I want small additions to many of these packs (if not all) but I guess my love for occult won
    id say some actual witch clothes that look fabulous like old witch hats some cloaks and such are on top of my mind

and since they added familiars I wished there was more to do with them
    like grow them and play with them and talk to them and feed them
    and you know not just have them floating about

(*whispers* actual dragons)

and more foods for cauldrons! we can't just be having 3 come on

magic for kids has been talked about a lot

and also id like some of that magic show stuffs like ts1 since there is magicians wand and all :c
    like meanwhile true we could just have another pack with this features like showtime or something
    but it would have been fun here too so just throwing it in as I want it very much

hybrids, for honestly sometimes we just can't choose between lifestates

cursing other sims, not just our own sim p_p

and having the sims stay as objects or whatever until someone turns them back not turning back on their own :c
    and choosing what objects or such they turn into as well since now its just like random and idk what to use it on
    I can't make my garden of sim statues to show off to my neighbors
    and also I was hoping for fortune tellers pre release but now I think better choice would be to release happy haunts as gp tbh since then you could add many death related things and psychics and fortune telling and seances and grimmy and maybe bonehilda and funerals and graveyards and some rituals and ghost things and ... you know?
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    edited January 2020
    Simmingal wrote: »

I heard that. 👀

But yeah, I like all of those ideas. Even though I didn't pick City Living as one of my top 3, those improvements would be huge. Especially making our own apartments and having a sketchy side of town. I didn't even think of the last one until now, but that should have been one of the first things they put in a city. Even Pokemon had you meet a "flasher" in a dark alley in one game, and another game had street gangs.

Super-ultra-agree on all RoM stuff. Honestly, I don't know why they didn't add witch hats into the game. Like, what future packs would reasonably add them? And don't get me started on the familiars - what's the point of them, when killing your sim with magical overload is difficult to accomplish when you're doing it on purpose?
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    joleacojoleaco Posts: 2,250 Member
    I would love to have sims be able to run a resort!! I hope we get this feature. And also the possibility of released packs being updated, yes please! This was a great survey!
    beville wrote: »
    Good survey, should've been made 5 years ago. Maybe the game would've been more exciting.

I agree. These surveys could even be done every 6 months so they can keep on top of how the community is feeling/thinking about the content being released. I hope a lot of simmers participate in this, it's important.
    YmWXbP5.jpg?1
  • Options
    Gordy wrote: »
    Simmingal wrote: »

I heard that. 👀

But yeah, I like all of those ideas. Even though I didn't pick City Living as one of my top 3, those improvements would be huge. Especially making our own apartments and having a sketchy side of town. I didn't even think of the last one until now, but that should have been one of the first things they put in a city. Even Pokemon had you meet a "flasher" in a dark alley in one game, and another game had street gangs.

Super-ultra-agree on all RoM stuff. Honestly, I don't know why they didn't add witch hats into the game. Like, what future packs would reasonably add them? And don't get me started on the familiars - what's the point of them, when killing your sim with magical overload is difficult to accomplish when you're doing it on purpose?

hehehe I knew you would :smirk:

and ye I'd just much prefer to have some dodgy streets since it is called city living after all and city ain't city with no dodgy stuff
    it would also break the happy go lucky game a bit and give my poor sims some challenging things to deal with

+ true no idea where else they would throw the witch hats in anymore so TT let me just have them

• Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    If Island Living gets an overhaul the first place they need to start is Sulani and open up some of those closed lock areas that are just set dressing. To add features they will need to add more lots to place stuff on and I think a resort should be added. Also if they can I hope they'll open up the underwater so we can see our sims scuba diving.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    This survey makes me think their in Sims 4 for the long haul now. I think we'll see content and packs for the next 3 years going out. I'm fine with that. I'm not ready for a new Sims Game right now cause I love 4.
  • Options
    HoveraelHoverael Posts: 1,230 Member
    i also voted to have City Life brought in for additional development, because there is a lot more potential to find in it.

All the apartments could be expanded on with additional floors and more apartment neighbours as well. potentially you can explore the entire apartment tower and everyone within, or half a towers worth of neighbours. no other adjustments need to be made to the game (aside from some routing issues needing to be addressed), but the ability to have more apartments could make City Living potentially the most valuable expansion out there and allows for more dynamics between neighbours above and below. so no longer can you just enjoy yourself in the spire, torenti or fountainview towers any more, now you got to deal with neighbours who will be upset with the noise level.

I'd just love to pack my sims into San Myshuno and create custom apartments for them. Old salt house wouldn't be needed any more and can be converted into a library or something of the like. also the potential to add more lot traits would be nice.
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    If Island Living gets an overhaul the first place they need to start is Sulani and open up some of those closed lock areas that are just set dressing. To add features they will need to add more lots to place stuff on and I think a resort should be added. Also if they can I hope they'll open up the underwater so we can see our sims scuba diving.

yeah IL was close to being in my top 3

mostly because I'd like them added open water areas in places like windenburg island and brindleton island at least
    some hula, some hammocks, that ladder to actually work as stairs but i guess id rather its base game then
    some more sims in my boats/on my aquazips at once
    and a possible underwater lot for my mermaids
    and *whispers* Kraken

we also could have some cute mermaid furniture like shell bed. I just love me a good shell bed okay?
    also something like ''mermaids sitting rock'' would be fun and cute

+ true the village lots are bit irritating since beach feels too crowded to build for me
    (like it just feels like I should leave it empty and pretty) and I'd like some actual village lots
    it sort of feels like I live in that village alone with some house shells
  • Options
    DreamOperatorDreamOperator Posts: 241 Member
    I voted pretty high on most everything they suggested. It all sounds good to me. As for which packs I wanted to see added to/improved upon, I voted for Island Living (I would like to see water skiing, surfing and underwater lots to explore and live in if your sim is a mermaid.), Get To Work (I'd like to see more active careers and for aliens to be expanded on...more powers, ufos and being able to live in the alien world.), and Seasons (I think Seasons is great but I would like to see more seasonal activities like sledding, seasonal festivals, and rainy day activities like coloring books, board games and puzzles.) As for the CAS options like to see, I suggested more fantasy elements for our sims like wings, horns, capes, crowns and the ability to have two different colored eyes. Also I voted Bella Goth, the Unsavory Charlatan and Caleb Vatore as my favorite townies. And lastly for the brands I'd like them to collaborate with as Disney and Lego.
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Got to say I really like this survey its non stop things I have been mentioning for years now I sure hope people are ranking personality traits relationships and all those other options to improve the Sims at 10 I cant think of anything this game needs more. Now I wonder what they meant with updating old packs does this mean just an update or a pack to go along with them Get to Work, Island Living obviously got my vote there such great themes but completely failed on game play... also tossed in Parenting just because I want more.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    Thanks for the link, took the survey :)

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    edited January 2020
    The survey was really good. Some of the suggestions in the relationship are would improve the game immensely. Relationship compatibility and tone especially, but wouldn't mind of they did all of it. The other poll parts with vacations etc. sounded promising, but really the relationships got most of my attention. I also got excited about the opportunity to define our sim's lifestyle!

I voted for Island Living and Cats & Dogs to get some extra polish. For island living I hope there was more to do, hoping for an underwater lot? Cats and dogs I think need re-evaluation of how long the walks take and also how the pets getting sick all the time affects rotational play. I do consider these as bugs to be fixed but hey I've been waiting this long and it hasn't happened, so please pay some attention to the pack. Sure it would be fun if something else got added too. I should have voted ROM as third because maybe they could have added something for that greenhouse or some fun spells.
  • Options
    AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    I love that they ask such questions to all of us, such a nice survey to fill in. I am hopeful for a revamp of sims' personalities and relationships!
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • Options
    taydevtaydev Posts: 912 Member
    Most exciting survey to me so far. Sounds like we’ll likely get more vacations, being able to run a hotel, and own multiple homes!
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,426 Member
    Thanks for the link.

I am really happy with this survey. It gives me the feeling the team doesn't just wants to pump out new packs to sell but cares for the quality of the existing content as well. This gives me hope for the future of the sims 4 again.

I really liked that they seem to be looking at improving relationships, traits and aspirations. I hope traits will be more meaningful and aspirations introduced with packs should have a little bit more challenge instead of offering a walk through of new features. As for relationships I hope we get the option to select more types in CAS. (more family options like grandparents, aunts, uncles, but also more relationships like dating, engaged or married)

What I like most is the question about updating older packs. To be honest I could have easily suggested improvements for more than 3 packs. But this really opens up possibilities. I hope these questions will lead to new patches that really improve the basics of the sims.
  • Options
    doublenoodlesdoublenoodles Posts: 89 Member
    I answered very interested to all the relationship questions and the career questions apart from active careers, I'm not a fan of them. I voted for parenthood to have a update as I like that pack but feel more could be done to it. For the brands question I mentioned IKEA and Victoria secret as I want more furniture and lingerie. In the last feedback section I mentioned a colour wheel for hair and eyes, more afro textured hair and more skin tones.
  • Options
    AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    For the brand question, I wrote "none." because I don't like real life brands in my game, specially if it is paid content.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • Options
    For the brand question, I wrote "none." because I don't like real life brands in my game, specially if it is paid content.

I just put something like ''Please don't but if you must I guess disney'' :joy:
    since I mean if they really must then id prefer it is something less annoying p_p still I'd rather not though
  • Options
    invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    The only pack I picked for more polish was Parenthood, not because it's lacking but because it's so good, I want more. Also, there are a few bits that could work better - I've complained many times about the inability of parents to discipline their kids for using foul language during the 'loud and obnoxious' phase. But mostly, I want more content for families.
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,426 Member
    I do hope we get hotels and not just resorts. I am so happy we can build dorms in university so I am really hoping we can build hotels as well. That way we can decide ourselves if we want a regular hotel, a fancy resort or an old run down hotel.
  • Options
    WallSims4everWallSims4ever Posts: 755 Member
    I was very surprised by the relationship questions. Didn't expect they were considering something of that sort. Hopefully it will happen.
  • Options
    KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    I really <3 this survey :) Really don't want to get my hopes up for anything really, but still...getting my hopes up!

Also hope they will do this type of survey again.
  • Options
    CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    edited January 2020

I wrote the same thing!

From what I can see here and Twitter though, if they can swing it, it looks like everyone asked for IKEA so it wouldn't surprise me at all if that came in the future. That might be the most tolerable though in my mind, at least it won't have written words all over my game like other stuff packs of the past have had.
    Origin ID: Peapod79