Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why can't my sim get into this room? (Pics)

Hello, I’ve been puzzling over this for days now. My sim cannot get into the spooky bedroom. After some trial and error, I found out that it’s not the spooky bedroom itself that’s the problem, but rather it’s the small hallway directly in front of her that she cannot walk into. I told her to “go here” into the hallway and she waves her arm around as you can see in the pictures.
I can’t figure out what’s in her way. I tried removing the door and the wall leading to the hallway and seeing if she could just walk right through, but that didn’t work so I added them back. Then, I thought maybe the hallway is too narrow but that can’t be it because directly behind her is another narrow hallway and my sims have no trouble walking through it.
I’m hoping somebody else can notice something that I can’t and let me know what the problem is. Or give me some kind of advice as to how to move things around so she can walk through.
Thanks in advance for any help!

1AJZWYA.png
Fg16t7t.png
TfBF9rH.png
SoqUCwo.png
V3GBsYx.png
UQ7ZZXv.png

Comments

• DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,351 Member
    At a guess, the roof trim may somehow be blocking the doorway. At least that would be the next thing I'd try. (on the hipped roof to her left in the 4th picture)
  • sims929292sims929292 Posts: 62 Member
    edited January 2020
    @DaWaterRat Thank you for your response. So I deleted the roof, and she still can't get through. And then I got another idea. I put flooring where the roof used to be and added a door to directly enter the spooky bedroom. She still can't get inside. Now I'm even more confused. Here are some pictures of my "renovations." What could possibly be in her way now?

nEgqasW.png
    1e8UHDV.png
    QaeWvkF.png
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,351 Member
    Did you put a floor? Or just flooring? (the borderless "rooms" on the room tab. I'm not in a position to screencap what I'm talking about, so I hope I'm making sense.) I'm honestly stumped and just making educated guesses here.
  • MaxieMixMaxieMix Posts: 194 Member
    edited January 2020
    The hallways too small or replace the roof

• JC1979JC1979 Posts: 491 Member
    edited January 2020
    I think you are going to have to build a room connecting to that part of the house. It looks like you built a room underneath that roof. I’m also curious how your sim got up there. Usually when I build inside of a roof I have to add a staircase to that room and/or build a connecting room/hall to that area under the roof.
  • DragonAge_300905DragonAge_300905 Posts: 1,939 Member
    In your last picture, it looks like the roof on the big building is covering up the door. Another thing to check is the spider webs inside the building where the door is.
  • sims929292sims929292 Posts: 62 Member
    It’s fixed! The problem was that the big roof was in the way of the door. I removed the roof, and everything is fine. The top of the house looks a bit odd now missing half of its roof, but I don’t care. Thank you everyone for your help! If you guys wouldn’t have mentioned the roof, I would have never figured this one out :)
    Here is the house with its lack of roof, and my sim finally inside the spooky bedroom:

WGXu1MY.jpg
    c4FRBsu.png
  • DragonAge_300905DragonAge_300905 Posts: 1,939 Member
    You could very likely keep a roof on the big building by making the sides flush with the top of the wall on the big building. You know how you can pull the sides of the roof down, instead make it so there's no overhang of the roof.
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    Glad you figured it out! My first thought was that the door was locked lol, because I tend to lock my Sims out of their rooms all the time by mistake.
  • Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,303 Member
    @sims929292 Yeah. Look up and down as well as side-to-side. Think 3 dimensionally. ;)

When I first started modifying and building on to buildings I was stumped on how to do roofs. Watched a few videos by other players and after playing around with it myself, figured it out and got quite good at it, actually. It was a learning curve for me.

I'd be interested in that house to download and have a look at myself. But it's probably Realm of magic or Vampires Expansion? Since it has spider webs and the batman symbol.
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,303 Member
    edited January 2020
    I see here the roof is dragged to the floor blocking the door. like @DragonAge_300905 said, could have tried pulling the overhang of the roof up with no overhang at all.

QaeWvkF.png
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• YumikatYumikat Posts: 24 Member
    i was gonna think maybe it was the other door that might have confused her but if it was the roof then all is well