Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What is this one thing you LOVE about Discover University ep?

I've already have read a lot about non positive things in this pack. Im trying to make my mind about buying it. Let me know what is that one thing that makes you love this pack.

Comments

• WallSims4everWallSims4ever Posts: 755 Member
    edited January 2020
    1- Roommate system
    2- Robotics skill
    3- Bikes

I definitely recommend it. It's overall a great pack, and much better than at least half of the other packs.
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    I love the hairstyle and clothing that it adds to the game.
    The Servo
    Being able to send my sims off to higher education, aka college.

If you don't mind me asking, what are some of the negative things that have you wondering about it?
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,411 Member
    The thing that interests me most is the return of servo.

But the actual going to university (studying, writing papers getting a degree), dorm life, roommates and the world are great too. I enjoy this pack more than I thought I would. I am also very happy we have the option to have our sims stay at home and commute.

The main negative I heard is classes being rabbit holes and that really doesn't bother me at all. There is enough to do, both course work and student life, to keep my sims busy.
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    Let me start by saying, I played TS2 university and I was not a fan. Unpopular opinion I know, but I disliked it, and enough to not even bother with TS3 university at all. I was pre-jaded to not like this pack.

TS4 has a mess of issues but this university felt like it would play differently to me. The things I disliked in the past, were not issues anymore and the things I liked (and most people seemed to hate, haha) were how it played. I had a lot of concerns about the pack, more a TS4 issue than a university one though. I have to say, I was surprised.

I bought it on sale, and I'm not disappointed. Are things missing? Sure. Could it have been better? Sure. Overall though, it was a good pack and looking back and playing it and knowing now what I know, it might be one of the rare ones I could say that it was worth the full price. (My skepticism came from past iterations of Uni expansions). It has a lot of BB and CAS, even if you aren't looking to go to classes (but you should look for yourself and see if you do like those styles, I like it but others may not). It has new game play with the new objects and robotics skill. The neighbourhood is pretty and one of the few I didn't feel the need to edit. (Again, others would disagree).
    My favourite things are the robotics and roommate system.

The only thing I'd actually consider missing are not being able to see how well you are doing in a class and not knowing which building your classes are in. These things should be marked but that's actually my only complaint and I'm critical by nature! :D
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    The Challenge!

There is so much more to this pack than just that, but that's the number one thing that I love about it. There's a variety of ways to play, whether it's getting a good grade or going for top grades to not even going to University at all. I love the challenge of getting the top grades and a Distinguished Degree with Honors. So far I've played two students and reached that goal with one and the other got a regular degree but still with honors. The third student I'm playing is in a Distinguished Degree program on her way to the top again.

I know exactly what to do now to get to the top in the manner I've played, but I still haven't tried to get there in all the ways possible. These three started out Rags to Riches, living on campus in the dorms, in Dark Wing and even in their own house. Scholarships and Distinguished Degrees offered were strictly skill based.

But I haven't tried playing a student who was born in game, earned the Parenthood goals, did scouting, had a part-time job, got an A as a child/teen and received scholarships for all those. Or a single Mom/Dad, more than one Sim in a household or an Elder. Haven't tried paying for skill courses alone, haven't tried the new room mate system, haven't built any robotics, etc., etc. and the list goes on. There's just so much to do and try. I haven't even had a student throw a keg party or play juice pong yet, join the debate team, Brainiacs or Bot Savants, be in the athletic program, or, well I could go on all day.

The only negative I've found so far is the NPC dorm students quirks, mostly all the seriously ridiculous food that gets dropped to rot every day and the invasive nature of the Librarians and students in the Commons. If y'all have a Sim that doesn't care much about their grade and just wants free food, to party and make friends, that's a good thing though. So far all mine have been too focused on coursework. I plan to have all kinds of students though. See what I mean? It's a great pack. I love the bikes too for fitness and fun, not so much for getting to class though.

CAS is good too, lots of styles I can see all my Sims wearing, not just students and I love the build/buy objects as well. Haven't even barely touched that yet and I consider myself a builder!

Alright so that's much more than one thing I love, I guess I can't pick just one so I'll go with my original up there at the top and add - Variety!

Let's just say it's the challenging variety that I love! lol ;)

Happy Simming! <3
  • taydevtaydev Posts: 912 Member
    1- Roommate system
    2- Robotics skill
    3- Bikes

I definitely recommend it. It's overall a great pack, and much better than at least half of the other packs.

These three things and careers. I’ve been patiently waiting forever for careers in education and law. I’m generally satisfied with the DU pack.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Thank you so much for all your replies! @LaBlue0314 much of what i've read is on the other replies, but what touched me more negatively was reading about how hard it suposedly is to be on time for classes. But i love all the stuff you all have pointed about the pack!
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,411 Member
    telmarina wrote: »
    Thank you so much for all your replies! @LaBlue0314 much of what i've read is on the other replies, but what touched me more negatively was reading about how hard it suposedly is to be on time for classes. But i love all the stuff you all have pointed about the pack!

It is hard to get to class on time, but that is part of the challenge of the pack. Doing only 3 or 2 classes per semester helps to manage your time better. And if you live off campus you just send them like a rabbit hole career.
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,644 Member
    I think the roommates is topping my list. Love being able to run small hotels in a way that I could not previously.

Also love a minor detail such as having the diploma and graduation photo on my sim's office wall :)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
    @Atreya33 sounds good! I love the idea of having more challenge in the game. Actually i think ill like more this uni pack than those from previous iterations, whitch looks like had fewer consequences. I heard that it actually allows to start carrers at a higher level after graduation, so its worth the effort!
    @Simmerville wow! Let me know more of how you use roommates feature to run small hotels. Sounds really cool!
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    telmarina wrote: »

When I first started playing it was a bit tricky, but then again I ended up doing things the hard way. I'm not sure why but it's something I seem to do every time I am doing something new involving this game. One thing I never had was any issues of my sim getting to class on time. About an hour before class was to start my sim would automatically head for class, there is not an option for that. Something I had to really watch was when they did get there, every single time they would decide that was when they needed to get a glass of water and try to head back to the dorm. One thing I did was after I learned which building their class was in, I would also send them to that location, by clicking on the ground outside the building to head them off to class. That was if they lived in the campus dorms. If they lived in another town, other than the university town, such as Willow Creek, they would automatically head off to class when it was time. It was just like when a sim goes off to school or work.

Now I did find that whatever you do if your sim attends Foxbury, do not give them a bike. With those stairs, the routing is HORRIBLE, and they will be late for class.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited January 2020
    I don’t like sending my Sims out partying, bowling, and all that. So my favorite thing about the pack is it gives my Sims more stuff to do at home and stuff to do so they are out of the house without me having to control them. I am and will forever be a fan of rabbit holes!
    @Chazzzy i also like rabit holes :) anyway im curious if you can go for the debates and presentations in campus even living at home during the uni years...?