Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What should we be able to knit?

Comments

• partycrouchjrpartycrouchjr Posts: 1 New Member
    I'd love love love to see Sims 2 freetime like elements. I remember there was some sort of sewing table? I would always have my grandparents make the grandkids each a teddy bear. Diverse stuffed toy options would be great though! Knitted bears! Knitted cats! Knitted dogs! Knitted baby yoda!
  • SimalleyaileSimalleyaile Posts: 865 Member
    Some deco objects to decorate homes, give away as gifts and sell in retail.

DenD7pT.jpg
    It would be great to have something to help make the cheap, uncomfortable beds we have in game more appealing. A bed runner could be placed at the end of any existing bed to give a "comfy nights sleep" moodlet.

iJSko3J.jpg

If a sim has this in their inventory when they go to bed, they could also get that "comfy nights sleep" moodlet - that replaces the uncomfortable one we get from cheap beds.

ZqalfcF.jpg
    Stuffed toys of all sorts. Plus, something to show that our sim is getting really good at knitting!

3uvNI37.jpg
    edited January 2020
    A doll we could dress up - like we do with our sims. Make the doll and then make clothes for the doll. To change his/her outfit, the sim throws it in the air to spin - just like our sims spin to change clothes.

All ages should be able to play and dress the doll to have fun.

Gothic version suggested:
    EOdJgtJ.jpg
    Great for spellcasters, vampires, goths and cold sims :)

aAbZgwV.jpg
    Stuff like this from your artists would be fun to knit. Anything we can put on wall shelves is a bonus too!

iPj7ygW.jpg
  • SimsMamaJackieSimsMamaJackie Posts: 13 New Member
    big chunky blankets for the living room to cozy up by the fire.
  • CitizenMoxieCitizenMoxie Posts: 8 New Member
    As a knitter, I'm so excited about this! Here are some of my ideas:

--Beginner skill level--
    • wash cloths (could be decorative)
    • scarves and shawls (think Claire's shawl on Outlander)

--Intermediate skill level--
    • cap (toque as we call them in Canada)
    • blanket
    • sweater (for sim pets)

--Expert skill level--
    • sweater (for adult sims)
    • toddler outfits
    • socks
    • mittens
    • baby toys (dolls, characters, creatures)
  • Wellihalterin74Wellihalterin74 Posts: 1 New Member
    Hats, scarves, gloves, sweaters. It would be brilliant if the knitted objects would appear in the cas to dress. Maybe in different age groups. Maybe there is also a possibility to knit toys like a teddy bear and the children can interact with them.
  • heutecookieheutecookie Posts: 1 New Member
    I love it!
    I can only crochet but knitting is also cool. I am only 15 years old but I already teached it about 40 people in school. It would be awesome if it was included. I live in Germany and i often crochet little animals like a rabbit or an unicorn. Here this special style of crochet is called " Amigurumi " . But i think you can also do that by knitting. All I want to say is that it would be nice if the sims could knit stuffed animals and could teach each other how to knit. But I would also like to knit blankets.
    I'm sorry if my english is bad but i'm just learning it.
  • gretagallowtreegretagallowtree Posts: 1 New Member
    Granny square blankets, scarves, mittens sets and matching hats, pot holders, pet clothing, sweaters (especially ugly ones) baby layette sets.
  • pamy1124pamy1124 Posts: 525 Member
    Hey party people,

We’re really excited that Knitting was the winning theme that was voted on by the community! Now it’s time to start thinking about what you actually want to knit! What kind of things do you expect your Sim to be able to sit down and create? What are your expectations? What would you like to see?

For example, as a kid I fondly remember how my Great Auntie would always knit me & my siblings holiday slippers. Each and every year we would get a new pair. Mine were always blue. Even though she passed away many years ago, this is something that I will associate to her forever and in fact I still have the very last pair of slippers she ever made for me.

So please let us know what is important about knitting to YOU and the kinds of clothing and/or objects you’d want to create with it! This collaborative exercise will greatly help to determine some of the possible options to include in the upcoming asset votes.

Thank you so much for your time and interest and let’s collectively make this the best stuff pack yet!

-SimGuruNinja

New sweaters, bed covers/blankets, hats, gloves.
    Also amigurumi dolls! They are crocheted/knitted dolls made with yarn and stuffing. I would love to knit some cute dolls for my sims kids to play with!
    tumblr_mepseko5hO1r4j4oj.gif
  • ketfouketfou Posts: 6 New Member
    It my idea
    -Knitted various materials, such as sheep or alpaca
    -macrame decoration on the walls
    -macrame for hanging flower pot
    -knitted Canadian woolen stockings
    -knitted blankets
    - Knitted dolls
  • aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    Blankets and sweaters
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• HotchArHotchAr Posts: 8 New Member
    Considering I just finished knitting a doll, I'd like to see that. The other thing I'm really proud of is a small knit tapestry. it's kind of like pixel art, but knitted, and I may be the only person to do it in the history of ever, so good luck finding out what it looks like.
    Ideally, though I haven't made them myself, I'd love to see lots of CAS additions; sweaters, socks, gloves, hats. maybe a scarf that's treated like a necklace.
    Don't forget to include the disaster of mangled yarn and broken dreams that happens when you've just started and slip a stitch.
  • songbird19songbird19 Posts: 8 New Member
    I would love winter/fuzzy socks for all ages for the winter months. scarves, hats and mittens obviously. sweaters we can add embelms (like family members initials, family crest maybe).
  • bethyGracebethyGrace Posts: 709 Member
    Rugs & blankets & pillows
    Beanies & scarves & socks
    Lumpy, wonderful sweaters

And please don't forget the babies and toddlers... cute little onesies and booties? oh my <3
  • Spank2011Spank2011 Posts: 3 New Member
    I would like to have my Sims knit blankets, sweaters/cardigans, hats, mittens, and scarves. And to be able to give theses a gifts would also be nice. I'm very excited to be getting a hobbies based pack and hope to see more of them in the future.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Knitted jewelry would be fun:
    m_5b087d02fcdc315d1e9879ec.jpeg
    08cee649503b411d6563281148b46673--rope-necklace-pineapple.jpg
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    More ideas.
    I've seen a lot about knitting tops and accessories, but not much on pants.
    47d924ca8d70147fa70c5203cb94c429.jpg
    And adorable, colorful shoes.
    4aae6be612ecf32b0ce7227d9711f3ed.jpg
    Baby (and toddler) socks.
    b97bd4f8597855b6bd4936162d257373.jpg
    Toys. Larger toys like this could also be apart of that imaginary friend suggestion that was made earlier, to give more variety to them.
    670e5e5ad40a2d8b74d25f409c206698.jpg
    af928072c4da8db9453981bfdd48b58d.jpg
    Smaller toys for babies.
    bfcb4aa6b3a2ca41feceb413eb5f52b4.jpg
    Baby sleep sack.
    b938961f405f719f8747858a0406f692.jpg
    Seasonal/holiday decorations, the autumn pumpkins are just one example. Can extend to stockings that can be hung up, heart decorations for valentines day, etc.
    da65cddb57723b3ac38c8f6558e821f0.jpg
  • bythedreadwolfbythedreadwolf Posts: 832 Member
    I like the idea of being able to knit blankets that sims could use on the couch (on their lap for example) or put on their beds. I think being able to only knit clothes would be incredibly boring, though I'd like some cute gloves for winter.

Also, I want my sims to knit (and make) a comfy pet bed please, this game needs some comfy pet beds.

plush-pet-bed-knitting-pattern.jpg
  • c4tlover123468c4tlover123468 Posts: 27 Member
    Hi EA! Thanks for getting our advice on this!
    I think you should make baby clothes, to add a bit more interest to babies, like cute bear ones, little kitten hats, bunny beanies, and ones with bows on them! They could also have little slippers and jumpsuits.

You should also make yarn lamps/fairy lights, where it’s lightbulbs covered in a yarn ball (u had these in your concept art)

It would be cool if we could make stuffed cats, dogs, teddy bears, giant bunnies (like the size of a toddlers to lie on), little bunnies, definitely some stuffed llamas too! You should be able to make blarfies too! You should be able to get a relationship with them, and maybe they can come alive!

We need a “walking stick warmer” for elders!

We should have different kinds of pincushions too! Like cactuses, classic ones, food ones and heaps more!

We should have little poofs that you can sit on, tapestries,banners, blankets, quilts (put on any bed), bed covers (put on any bed), throw pillows (which you can put on any couch/bed), wall hangings, curtains, beanbags and coasters for drinks, which sims automatically put down when they get a drink!

You should be able to yarn bomb things! There should be a tree in build mode which has been yarn bombed!

In regards of CAS, we need sweaters, Christmas sweaters, baby clothes, beanies, socks, gloves, fingerless gloves, scarfs, shawls, dresses, skirts, aprons, slippers, robes, dressing gowns, tote bags and bracelets/anklets!

Sorry for this long thing :D But here you go!
  • TwilightMeadowTwilightMeadow Posts: 1 New Member
    As others have said things like sweaters, hats, gloves, scarves, blankets. I'd love to see variations on each of the things, for instance, infinity scarves, large chunky ones, skinny and long ones, etc. Leg warmers/stockings would be fun and I'd love to see different adorable knit stuffed animals as well (there's so many on Etsy https://www.etsy.com/market/knit_stuffed_animal). Baby blankets would be really cute and I can also see a knitting activity added into the clubs and holiday traditions!
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top