Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I recreated a real-life museum in TS4!

Within the restrictions of the game, I recreated the real-life museum that I work at.
In this museum, your Sims can view historical objects and modern art. It also includes a museum shop, café, and bathrooms.
Behind the scenes, there's an office, kitchen, various facilities and not to forget a storage depot!

fPec8en.png
4enh7H2.png

How to download: Find me on the gallery, ID: DinowCookie & find 'Museum Shop | Art Gallery'
No CC or mods were used, not sure why it is flagged as such. But make sure to check the 'Include Custom Content' box.
Before placing, make sure to enable the bb.moveobjects cheat!

Packs used: Seasons, Get Together, Get to Work, Parenthood, Vampires, Laundry Day, Fitness Stuff

8HZIRSw.png

More interior:
npO98yz.png
hhv8Nlp.png

O42LxyQ.png
v45eayz.png
HKooM7E.png
5BaevuD.png

PHI8DWu.png
roTAplu.png
PJ6rpas.png
Sw3v0Mx.png

adYfCi6.png
CCPXhNH.png
mMCNg1i.png
PczaFVe.png

5otSqIY.png
10ST92O.png32zNrOh.png
RLyxD8M.png
d8i9hFD.png
kVuyPBr.png

fibKmBm.png
1RQm2Ob.png
9kGmqZ6.png
xqUi0yz.png

G0TE3aw.png
qmsQVLe.png
fnGX5Zq.png
KqOkkgG.png
ucmfoh1.png

UaARtKP.png
qQqFSDN.png

4UyJITE.png

More exterior:
KNxWUye.png
1D2zWzF.png

Best way to play:
This lot was built on 'Oakenstead' in Willow Creek, which is 50x50.
Place it as a museum for your sims to visit.

OR

Be a museum director! Here's how:

1. Place the museum as a retail lot.
2. Buy the museum with your Sim's household.
3. Set the items in the museum shop for sale.
4. Set some/all of the exhibits for sale. (It will have Sims look at them!)

You can lock and assign doors so that visitors won't go into staff areas. 😁

The paintings and objects shown in this museum were picked carefully. Halls have themes, and sight-lines were taken into consideration. Color coördination is part of that equation too. The placement of certain themes in exhibitions is partly based on real-life exhibitions as well.
Some paintings were downloaded off the Gallery. Many thanks to EA ID's: SimoneNotSimone jewels64 FruitLoops40 and shortnsweet3

Personally I am pretty amazed by how closely this ended up resembling the actual thing.
Thanks for viewing! Please leave a comment. 💗
Visit me on the gallery! 😊
EA ID: DinowCookie | No-CC Households & Rooms

Comments

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,593 Member
    edited January 2020
    It is very nice that you have created a sims version of the real life museum that you work at! :) You have designed and furnished it so very well! It looks very nice and special the way you have displayed the art on the walls! It is nice that there is a cafe for visitors to enjoy dining at. Very nice office area for Sims who are running the museum. The storage area is great!
    It is a very lovely museum! :)
  • GwinielGwiniel Posts: 996 Member
    Beautiful work throughout <3<3<3
  • DinowCookieDinowCookie Posts: 951 Member
    @rosemow thanks for your elaborate comment, I'm glad you liked all the different parts. 😊
    @Gwiniel thank you! 💗
  • ryttu3kryttu3k Posts: 1,148 Member
    *happy Museum Studies noises*

I mentioned in the other thread that this is where my qualifications are, and I love that you used things like sight lines and curating to ensure that everything is well set-out!
    edited January 2020
    @ryttu3k the sight-lines in our museum are what makes it so great, our director + team are great at making the best possible use of the building for each exhibition. 😁 Since I worked without CC, this recreation only has bits of several exhibitions that have been shown in the past. Our curator mentioned we could use this Sims 4 version to experiment with new furnishing and layout of upcoming exhibitions. In real-life this is a museum that changes up the exhibitions a few times each year!
  • MelFoxMelFox Posts: 44 Member
    I need this.

*adds 4 more packs to Wish List*
    @MelFox that you'd want more packs to be able to have this museum in your game is such a lovely compliment, heh! 😁 Thanks!

Maybe you can place it anyway and see which objects go missing. Actually, on the gallery when you click the icon of the pack you don't have, it shows you exactly which items from that pack were used. 😊
  • ryttu3kryttu3k Posts: 1,148 Member
    @DinowCookie oh man, I love the idea of using the Sims to play with exhibition layout! And you can use first-person mode to actually walk around it!