Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

If there is a bed make it frameless pretty please?

SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,885 Member
Well since we are venturing into somewhat modern(?) art style
can we please have basic bed in the game? (especially double bed!)

the footboards and headboards drive me mad
having one frameless bed would be so useful for so many builds
(I often like making these wall on 3 sides scenarios and it just looks kinda dumb with headboards and stuff)
OD-BN582_DEBATA_8S_20170404180236.jpg
It would just be cool
especially if there is knitted pillows and throws in this pack as one often uses those to decorate them plain beds
6cf7184b16bb1b49284d340089d68c76.jpg
00ec6f70b18466e166bff0ab01a31309.jpg
⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
Post edited by Simmingal on

Comments

• ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Wish they had done this from the start and separated the frames so you could use any bed style with any frame or no frame at all.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,885 Member
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    Wish they had done this from the start and separated the frames so you could use any bed style with any frame or no frame at all.

I mean true that would solve everything
    but could I at least have one bed like this even though they missed that opportunity T_T it would already help loads
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,106 Member
    ChadSims2 wrote: »

Agreed. We had this in Sims 3. It's a shame we don't have it this time round.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • under_sun_and_skyunder_sun_and_sky Posts: 96 Member
    Agreed. I usually have to kind of shove the bed into the wall to make it look like it doesn't have a headboard, but that only works with a few beds. I feel like basic stuff (aka the most useful stuff) tends to get overlooked.
    tumblr_pg992c6rBP1r42s8uo1_400.gifv
    edited January 2020
    Agreed. I usually have to kind of shove the bed into the wall to make it look like it doesn't have a headboard, but that only works with a few beds. I feel like basic stuff (aka the most useful stuff) tends to get overlooked.

yeah I feel like most furnitures are very stylized were they old or modern style like okay i get those look fancier on the packaging but the versatile basic pieces are sort of missing like it even took until uni to add showerhead that isn't in booth like what even

i just wish we could have more useful furnitures that don't have to be a showroom pieces you know like make them basic enough that i can put them about anywhere
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    I really like this idea, especially if they gave us a wide variety of swatches from plain neutrals, to some bright colors, and some nice patterns. It would allow for a lot of creativity in decorating bedrooms. I love that bed in the windowed alcove that was posted. I never thought to do that before.
  • 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,553 Member
    I love that bed in the windowed alcove that was posted. I never thought to do that before.

I wonder how any Sim would be able to use such a bed.

That beeing said, I'm not against the OP's idea of a frameless bed.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    The camping bed AirKushn something is frameless, but unfortunately you still wouldn't be able to use it surrounded by walls like this
    83bienchen wrote: »
    I love that bed in the windowed alcove that was posted. I never thought to do that before.

i mean yeah sims can't enter bed if it is walled in but I usually rotate a double bed so there is one usable side when I do this
    and having no frame it wouldn't look so off cause those head and footboards just kinda fail it
  • KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member

@83bienchen I was cringing when watching sim-tubers building tiny houses and pushing the murphy bed against the wall (while some of them clearly had a 2 sims stadning in the front of the house). Like... I WISH sims had that depht... imagine a sim rolling over to the other side of the bed, or just moving...
    edited January 2020
    Karon wrote: »

@83bienchen I was cringing when watching sim-tubers building tiny houses and pushing the murphy bed against the wall (while some of them clearly had a 2 sims stadning in the front of the house). Like... I WISH sims had that depht... imagine a sim rolling over to the other side of the bed, or just moving...

Sims can roll over to the other side of the bed... You can sleep two with it against the wall, but they can't woohoo with it like that.
    You just have to click on the sleeping sim and then click on the other side of the bed and they will scoot over

Like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCyCued0CMU
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    You would have to build the alcove 4 tiles wide. You would get a similar look, and sims would be able to access the bed. I think the OP is advocating for a bed that is absent a head and foot board that doesn’t look like a camping mattress.
    I think the OP is advocating for a bed that is absent a head and foot board that doesn’t look like a camping mattress.

and you are very much correct
  • 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,553 Member
    I'm afraid it won't look the same if it were 4 tiles wide. I'm often using that method and the looks are totally different.

@SimAlexandria: Are you sure that is really possible. I heard it was patched out a while ago. Never used it though due to the limitiations in use.

Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
    I'm afraid it won't look the same if it were 4 tiles wide. I'm often using that method and the looks are totally different.

@SimAlexandria: Are you sure that is really possible. I heard it was patched out a while ago. Never used it though due to the limitiations in use.

Oh, no idea then, I had heard ppl saying that at one point but then after that I heard that it actually does work. None of my beds are against a wall so I've never tried it lol. I'll have to try next time I play.
    edited January 2020
    basically I rotate it like this
    3186312e389a790c2459fd654c22d3e1.jpg bad example cause its storage bed but you get the idea

I just wish for bed with no headboard or footboard so it could appear less awkward

and if we get deco pillows those would be very useful for not so symmetrical bed scenarios as well as more cozy beds

I use alcove or cornered couple beds lots on teen rooms and kids rooms because I hate single beds irl and want my sims looking comfy ._.

I just got around to testing it now and it still works :)
  • popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    If you don’t mind a little CC, Simsational Designs has some awesome options. All the beds are separated from the frames so you can mix and match and achieve a bunch of different looks. The site also has some awesome deco pillows I use in beds and couches 😎
  • ernesdoernesdo Posts: 1,476 Member
    I feel kind of silly that I never thought about beds without head/footboards when my own bed IRL has neither lmao I'm always down for more options and this would really help me when the current beds have head/footboards that don't fit the room style I want
  • annalephantannalephant Posts: 98 Member
    i totally appreciate that a frameless bed is missing from the game but i really dont see any relevancy to an arts and craft stuff pack. build buy items should be focussing on furnishing a craft room only- we dont need kitchen, bathroom or bedroom items for a crafting space and devoting development time to creating a frameless bed would mean less resources to put in to the actual pack theme- id much rather get a fully fledged and padded out knitting system with a knitting pack, than random furniture for houses that already exists in the game (craft related furniture is different). Id happily buy a different pack with a frameless bed in it, but it would need to be a pack where beds are relevant.

I actually think we should have a community stuff pack which doesnt have a specific theme, the theme could literally be "wishlist" or "revamp" stuff pack - what are the most asked for features, CAS items and Build buy items that are still missing from the game, things that are not overly stylised to a visual theme but are items people really want in game. Some more clothes for elders, toddlers and kids, a decent pair of high waisted trousers for women, bunk beds, ladders, a frameless bed, some modern but basic kitchen counters etc etc. great key items that we are missing from the game. If they wanted to add in some game play elements they could look at adding burglars or a grim reaper career- let people actually make suggestions and listen to them before we are given a short list to vote on. That would be an awesome stuff pack and ideal for this kind of item request.
    edited February 2020
    i totally appreciate that a frameless bed is missing from the game but i really dont see any relevancy to an arts and craft stuff pack. build buy items should be focussing on furnishing a craft room only- we dont need kitchen, bathroom or bedroom items for a crafting space and devoting development time to creating a frameless bed would mean less resources to put in to the actual pack theme- id much rather get a fully fledged and padded out knitting system with a knitting pack, than random furniture for houses that already exists in the game (craft related furniture is different). Id happily buy a different pack with a frameless bed in it, but it would need to be a pack where beds are relevant.

I actually think we should have a community stuff pack which doesnt have a specific theme, the theme could literally be "wishlist" or "revamp" stuff pack - what are the most asked for features, CAS items and Build buy items that are still missing from the game, things that are not overly stylised to a visual theme but are items people really want in game. Some more clothes for elders, toddlers and kids, a decent pair of high waisted trousers for women, bunk beds, ladders, a frameless bed, some modern but basic kitchen counters etc etc. great key items that we are missing from the game. If they wanted to add in some game play elements they could look at adding burglars or a grim reaper career- let people actually make suggestions and listen to them before we are given a short list to vote on. That would be an awesome stuff pack and ideal for this kind of item request.

I mean true its not likely they'll add a bed which is why I typed ''if there is a bed''
    (as in if there isn't ignore me and think of this later for update or other pack)

but I mostly made the connection because I saw lots of people wanting pillows or throws to decorate beds,chairs... etc
    (me included I'll be sad if there ain't any)

and if they add knitted pillows or throw blankets for B/B decor with this

it just sort of hit me that tbh most beds in the game
    aren't they sort of too extra?

like for example we have this bed
    maxresdefault.jpg

but I never use it because I can't change the pillows or the throws or the headboard to match how I want them to
    wouldn't it just be better to have a plain bed? and then add the decorative things our sims knit to it ourselves, just like we want to?

like if they add one super decorated knitty knitty bed we can't do anything about
    is it really going to be versatile and useful piece of furniture in my game?
    even if technically yes it has blankets and pillows?

I don't really think so

as person very partial about my bed decors, pillows and stuff,
    I just think this would help me enjoy making pillows and blankets in the game should it be a thing

and in a way? making plain bed shouldn't be any harder than making any other bed for this game
    it doesn't need new animations or anything any more than other beds

only thing is that if we have decorative pillows or blankets with the pack
    plain beds would be easier to use them on and make whatever we like