Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Nearly Complete Collections Resetting Back To Zero Items Collected

Recently every time I play my harvestables collection resets back to empty. I was only missing three one of which is cow plant but cow plant berry is hard to get after one has been planted. It happened in the past, but it stopped until I played yesterday and again when I played today.
Why does the collection always reset? I thought this was fixed.
Please help.
Celebrating 11 years on this forum. Simming proudly since 2001.

Comments

• LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    I'm not sure what causes it to reset, but this is something I have had issues with since I first started playing this game back in 2014. Eventually, I just stopped trying to complete the different collections. Something else that the game seems to always forget is when someone paints a painting, the game will drop the name of the sim who painted it. I attempted to put together an art gallery of paintings done by different sims in my game save, and one day when it was nearly completed, it happened. Talking about taking out the enjoyment of playing.
  • MHsimsFanMHsimsFan Posts: 154 Member
    This happens if you move out a sim from your family to a new lot by themselves. It seems to reset the collections. I have found a workaround for it.

When you have a sim ready to move out of the home, merge them to another household instead of to a new lot by themselves. Make sure it is a family that you aren't playing and don't care if their collections are messed up. From there you can then move your sim to a lot by themselves.

I had my entire legacy collection disappear once and it was terrible. As long as you follow this procedure, you shouldn't have it happen to you again.
  • AquariusMomAquariusMom Posts: 229 Member
    edited January 2020
    I corrupted one of my longest played saves a while back and occasionally still have trouble with it. After the first time I lost all my collection progress, after that, once I got them all completed again I started keeping a "museum" room that has all the completed collections in it, including gardening. Now whenever my game goes whack and I lose my progress, I just download the museum to my lot and go through putting things in and out of her inventory until it's all complete again. It works for everything but fish, unfortunately. And because this sim has already legit completed all the collections at least once already, I don't consider it cheating.

ETA: If you've already legit completed the collections and don't want to have to do them again, you can always get the items from debug mode to save yourself some time.
  • simgirl542simgirl542 Posts: 1,071 Member
    I just reopened my game again today and the collection is still there. I did have a couple sims move out before the collection reset. I used to be able to move them out without having to worry about the collections resetting.

My level 10 gardener already had everything in her inventory and fruits and veggies in the fridge, but the collections is the one that was resetting. Fortunately their garden is always ready to harvest so if it keeps resetting then I can just collect them again.

The only way that I can seem to finish the collection is by getting the cow plant berry from debug mode and setting it in her inventory. I can't figure out how to get the cow plant berry any other way. I've done the kill a sim by cow plant thing in another game save, but I only get the essence of that sim from it not the berry.
  • invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    simgirl542 wrote: »
    I just reopened my game again today and the collection is still there. I did have a couple sims move out before the collection reset. I used to be able to move them out without having to worry about the collections resetting.

My level 10 gardener already had everything in her inventory and fruits and veggies in the fridge, but the collections is the one that was resetting. Fortunately their garden is always ready to harvest so if it keeps resetting then I can just collect them again.

The only way that I can seem to finish the collection is by getting the cow plant berry from debug mode and setting it in her inventory. I can't figure out how to get the cow plant berry any other way. I've done the kill a sim by cow plant thing in another game save, but I only get the essence of that sim from it not the berry.

You can getting by fishing, or splice dragonfruit with snapdragon. (The issue with getting new plants from splicing was stated to be fixed in one of the recent patches. I haven't tried to splice anything new since then, so I can't confirm that the chances of getting the new plant are now at least reasonable.)

My legacy family is always showing empty collections, even though they have everything in the treasure chest or household inventory. (Or even in display cases.) If you do have everything, just drag it all into your Sim's inventory, and it should show that it's been completed - but only for that Sim. I wish it went by household, rather than by Sim.
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • Jezzabella2313Jezzabella2313 Posts: 16 Member
    All licensed songs/lyrics, books written, and uploaded videos will disappear when you move a Sim out of your household. It's a real bummer.
  • LyouflnLyoufln Posts: 10,861 Member
    Now that you mention it, all of my sim’s collections got reset randomly last week. I think one of my sims was checking her mailbox and I clicked something and poof! It was all gone. They had almost completed 2 collections too, but I had to refind everything because my sims never kept their collectibles, as they needed the money from selling them. :(
  • simgirl542simgirl542 Posts: 1,071 Member
    I've had this happen to me again recently, but what I did this time was I checked their fridge and since everything (less the cowplant berry which I bought one of via debug mode) was already in there I just moved one of each fruit and veggie to their inventory and it registered it in the collection. All of the non-edible plants were already registered in the collection.