Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Would you like a Remastered Edition of the Urbz: Sims in the City?

As the title says...

I would love a Urbz: Sims in the City Remastered. o:)
Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.

Would you like a Remastered Edition of the Urbz: Sims in the City? 68 votes

Yes
61%
Goldmoldaralexspoom13sims2freak737Isb917StrangerthanalexandreaTamaekElegantblkchina1RubyxAngelakaniki0simlicious2015LustianiciaKhrisstyneiliekponiezRipleyrawrMadsy93Toddly13fiercephoenix91CellardwellerVampireSapphire 42 votes
No
38%
IcewolfNighteyesTWSimGamer82CamkatMontrase102TheSpotted_CsekojranataydevLadyKynAPottstexxx78ChadSims2Nindigosuperkyle221Atreya33NorthDakotaGamerbirdonawirelogionEvie0602Gordy 26 votes

Comments

• LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    edited January 2020
    Yes
    It was the only spin off Sims game I actually enjoyed! It still doesn't compare to any of the main series games, but it's fun!
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • TWSimGamer82TWSimGamer82 Posts: 456 Member
    No
    I'd rather see a Bustin' Out remaster.
    Sim: "I'm starving!"
    Player: *instructs sim to prepare meal* "Then eat something, you little goofball!"
    Sim: *starts cooking meal*
    -5 seconds later-
    Sim: *Stops cooking meal* "I'm so hungry!"
    Player: *head hits desk*
  • KhrisstyneKhrisstyne Posts: 368 Member
    Yes
    I remember having so much fun with it. I still have my old copy 😉
    AviaWinters.tumblr.com
    AviaTheDramaFiend.wordpress.com
    (not always sims related but I review and discuss television shows and movies. Foreign or not.)

I play on console and PC now! YAY!
  • ItsJanierItsJanier Posts: 884 Member
    Yes
    I loved that game! It was so much fun to play
  • LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    Yes

If they would make it more like Sims 3 and Sims 4, I would try playing it again... I generally just hate the console Sims games (mostly because I hate using a controller to play simulation games), but 'Urbz' was the only one I legitimately enjoyed playing.

Ironically, it was my sister's game for the PS2, while I got 'Bustin Out' for the Gamecube... lol

But yeah... my main issue with 'Bustin Out' was the main storyline... the moment you get to the point of having to control more than one Sim completely destroys the game experience for me. It's just too hard to control it all with a controller, instead of a mouse and keyboard! lol
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Yes
    Urbz was fun
  • YumikatYumikat Posts: 24 Member
    No
    as much as i would love one, i'll say no only because there are tons of things to go wrong in developing it. the way the games have been going these days with so many problems...yeah, it should just stay a classic and not get touched. wouldn't mind seeing a demo though.
  • No
    I would like to see Sims Bustin Out get remasted,that game was fun as hell. Console version of the Urbz was never appealing to me.
    Uh hello, Based Department?
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    No
    I enjoyed Bustin Out, but not the Urbz. I have a harder time getting into the console games.
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    edited November 2020
    No
    Deleted
    Post edited by bella_goth on
  • NationalPokedexNationalPokedex Posts: 829 Member
    edited January 2020

I would love that!
    Actually I loved The Urbz (on GameCube) and Bustin' Out (on GBA), so both.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,885 Member
    urbz is fun but I think that is only because it exists in early 2000 fabulous
    like if they made it 2020 i feel they'd just try to be too hip and cool and make me angry you know
    like don't mess with the legend sort of way

though id like some gameplay from it in ts4 because I mean motorcycle races and old street culture and all that was truly fabulous
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Yes
    Totally, loved the music and design of that game. I wouldn't mind a sequel to it too.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    No
    I was never into the spin offs. That was a spin off done on console, correct? I am purely a PC player for this franchise.
  • sims2freak737sims2freak737 Posts: 2,543 Member
    Yes
    I think it would be a cool concept if they could create it for PC. I enjoyed it as it's own thing on PS2 but I think updating it to PC would be a lot of fun.
  • TamaekTamaek Posts: 440 Member
    Yes

If they would make it more like Sims 3 and Sims 4, I would try playing it again... I generally just hate the console Sims games (mostly because I hate using a controller to play simulation games), but 'Urbz' was the only one I legitimately enjoyed playing.

Ironically, it was my sister's game for the PS2, while I got 'Bustin Out' for the Gamecube... lol

But yeah... my main issue with 'Bustin Out' was the main storyline... the moment you get to the point of having to control more than one Sim completely destroys the game experience for me. It's just too hard to control it all with a controller, instead of a mouse and keyboard! lol

I agree with that. My sister has the Sims 4 on PS4 and likes it but she says the controls can be frustrating at times. I loved the Urbz and Bustin' Out. Played the crap out of them. I had Bustin' Out on my PS2 but I had to play Urbz on her Gamecube. lol I really wish they'd put it on PC. A remastered version on PC. Think of what modders could do...
    As of 12-18-16 I joined the Own The Store Club! Now I get to pay it forward! Thanks to everyone who helped me get here. You guys are amazing. ^_^ Love to you all!! <3

Looking to make the most of your Simpoints and maybe make some great friends along the way?

Check out the DD Rotation Thread for tips, tricks, tools and the whole DD rotation schedule.

Need a little help owning the store or want to help others? Head over to The Gifting Directory!
  • RipleyrawrRipleyrawr Posts: 273 Member
    Yes
    If they remastered Urbz (and Bustin' Out) I would be so happy. The spin offs were a big part of my childhood and they deserve a lot more love.
    iBVfjxN.gif
    Breadquanda is my spirit animal.
  • KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    Yes
    @Ripleyrawr Maybe they could add a Story Mode to sims 4. Like, in Sims Life Stories/Pet Stories/Castaway Stories we had playable stories with 10/12 chapters and at the end we got to unlock objects and a freeplay mode (the regular way to play the sims). But in Sims 4, the freeplay mode would always be unlocked, but playing the story mode would give us extra things like clothes, objects, world, etc... Then they could add a remake of the Urbz story, the Bustin Out, maybe even remakes of the Stories series. hehe
  • RipleyrawrRipleyrawr Posts: 273 Member
    Yes
    Karon wrote: »
    @Ripleyrawr Maybe they could add a Story Mode to sims 4. Like, in Sims Life Stories/Pet Stories/Castaway Stories we had playable stories with 10/12 chapters and at the end we got to unlock objects and a freeplay mode (the regular way to play the sims). But in Sims 4, the freeplay mode would always be unlocked, but playing the story mode would give us extra things like clothes, objects, world, etc... Then they could add a remake of the Urbz story, the Bustin Out, maybe even remakes of the Stories series. hehe

I can see story mode for Sims 4 being its own spin off, it would thematically fit with how Bustin Out is a spin off for the Sims 1 and the Stories games spin off from Sims 2 (not sure where Urbz spins off from though).
    iBVfjxN.gif
    Breadquanda is my spirit animal.
  • Madsy93Madsy93 Posts: 1 New Member
    Yes
    1000000% yes I loved this game and I would lose my mind if it was remastered. Would low key love a remaster of Castaway as well.
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    edited December 2020
    Yes
    I used to be really obsessed creating a female sims that look like the one in the intro

I really like the japanese cybergoth area.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    Yes
    It's such a unique game because of it's overly 2000s style. It's just a caricature of that time and not really accurate but it's like a 2000s utopia and I love it.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,594 Member
    edited December 2020
    No
    Unless they're re-doing it from scratch and not just improving the graphics, no.

That games performance is horrible even playing it on PC the game still freezes til today. That game has SO many problems not to mention the tasks are pretty repetitive and linear when you get down to it. :#

Love the music and the aesthetic, premade sims, various animations, but there's not really much deep gameplay to it. I have war flashbacks of button mashing on exercise machines and raising my sims mental skill. Go to whatever district, play job button mashing game, chat up other sims learning so called power socials so you can get into the VIP backroom by 12AM and use the power social on the bully that all sims are scared of when he comes to the district and rinse and repeat when you go to a new district. Pretty much it. :V I have fond memories of the game back then, but there's not much to it.

Think I enjoyed the urbz on GBA more.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    Yes
    I loved the game but realistically itd get cancelled on twitter now for 'cultural appropriation'.
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    No
    I've never really had much interest in the spin off sims games.