Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Foxbury Campus - How I learned that devs don't think things thru

BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
edited January 2020 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
(No, not angry :smile: )

Foxbury is a stunning modern campus. It is also extremely impractical from a game play perspective and especially so when it comes to bikes. Not only is bikes pointless on the campus area due to all the stairs, they often bug out because the game's pathfinding isn't smart enough to go around the stairs. There ARE a FEW bike ramps, but only a few and if you live in one of the towers instead of in the mansion you never ever use them.

Basically my feedback is simple: Have the different designers talk to each other:
Do you have bikes? Yes. Should we make sure the neighborhood where the bikes are used works with bikes? Sounds good to me.
Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
Post edited by Beardedgeek on

Comments

• izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    I do think hoverboard is more fitting as a transportation in foxbury instead of bike, since they can just basically hover over the stairs. Literally HOVERboard and not something with wheels.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited January 2020
    Messing up the routing seems to be an iffy speciality. A hoverboard indeed would work, or a skateboard. Skateboards and university go together perfectly. And stairs aren’t a problem.

BRBG.gif

6ce7cecceb53e88f3df21d37b4846bb9.gif
    5JZ57S6.png
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    Sounds like real life lmao.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited January 2020
    “It is also extremely impractical from a game play perspective
    It’s not real life.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    You've only now learned devs don't think things through ? God I wish that were me.
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    edited January 2020
    happyopi wrote: »
    You've only now learned devs don't think things through ? God I wish that were me.

Eh. I think this is the first truly annoying one for me. Things like forgetting to make sages spellcasters, or forgetting toilets are... fixable. Replacing stairs with bike ramps is not possible.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    Yeah this is pretty annoying
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    It's absurd that a feature from that pack can't feasibly be used in a neighbourhood from said pack. The consolation is that bikes can be used everywhere else and there's little in the way of pathing issues in other hoods. Kinda funny in a sad way that most other hoods are bike friendly and the one that isn't is one that shipped with the bikes.
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • APottsAPotts Posts: 2,448 Member
    I hate to say it, but it sometimes feels that the Sims team doesn't actually play the game during QC, but that couldn't be right, so maybe they only QCd one half of the campus using bikes? More likely the QC people caught the issue too late, but it was decided it would cost too much to fix or take too much time? Took a 'wait to worry' to see how many players would complain?

To be fair, they are not the only game company that does this, but everytime I run into something like this a little part of me questions why I spend money on this?

I would happily accept an apology in the form of properly working skateboards patched in. That would be awesome.😍

Hover boards are nice too, but I need a future pack first, they don't fit Sims 4 DU.

• ArriettyArrietty Posts: 17 New Member
    I had my sims be late to some of their classes because of those stairs it was annoying like I find DU is just a add on to GTW.
  • SimsprocfunSimsprocfun Posts: 1,499 Member
    Agree. My Sim actually stucks at the stairs for several minutes, then all of a sudden it get teleported down the stairs. I see this is a heavy routing problem. In my personal opinion design of this space in the world with stairs has to be adjusted. Or Sim would prefer to take another route, not the stairs. I know the worlds cannot be changed once it is done and shipped. Anyway...