Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Hello! Come and introduce yourself!

Comments

• WHW_SimmerWHW_Simmer Posts: 21 Member
    Long time lurker, first time poster after news of the gallery finally coming to console came down the pipeline. I'm one of those odd types that actually first played the Sims (I want to say the first one... I've slept since then) on console. Xbox if I remember right. Long story short, I've only been able to afford budget laptops, so my PC gaming is pretty much just text-based games such as the EWR & TEW series.

Got Sims 4 for PS4 not long after it came out. Rented it through Gamefly, then went and bought the Deluxe Party Edition bundle after I decided that I liked what I played. Looking forward to the gallery coming soon to console and plan on sharing some creations, though it will mostly be CAS Sims as I'm not that good of a builder. Which is funny because I found that building arenas in the WWE 2K series was a blast for me. Then again, I didn't have to factor in dimensions, how to organize a room, etc.

Outside of simming, I enjoy wrestling, almost anything Batman, old classic shows such as the Three Stooges (I'm a sucker for slapstick comedy), looking forward to season two of Doom Patrol, reading and laughing at crazy Yelp reviews, and playing other video games such as Spider-Man on PS4, and Mario and Zelda games on Nintendo Switch. As for where I got my username, it's based on a wrestling related podcast I listen to, What Happened When. Hoping to have fun here even if I don't get a chance to post a lot!
    "It is now time for our main event of Bob Pancakes vs. Diego Lobo, but here comes Caleb Vatore with an angry holiday gnome! And now here comes Johnny Zest with a cup of vampire cure! It's pandemonium, but we're out of time!"
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,520 Member
    WHW_Simmer wrote: »
    Long time lurker, first time poster after news of the gallery finally coming to console came down the pipeline. I'm one of those odd types that actually first played the Sims (I want to say the first one... I've slept since then) on console. Xbox if I remember right. Long story short, I've only been able to afford budget laptops, so my PC gaming is pretty much just text-based games such as the EWR & TEW series.

Got Sims 4 for PS4 not long after it came out. Rented it through Gamefly, then went and bought the Deluxe Party Edition bundle after I decided that I liked what I played. Looking forward to the gallery coming soon to console and plan on sharing some creations, though it will mostly be CAS Sims as I'm not that good of a builder. Which is funny because I found that building arenas in the WWE 2K series was a blast for me. Then again, I didn't have to factor in dimensions, how to organize a room, etc.

Outside of simming, I enjoy wrestling, almost anything Batman, old classic shows such as the Three Stooges (I'm a sucker for slapstick comedy), looking forward to season two of Doom Patrol, reading and laughing at crazy Yelp reviews, and playing other video games such as Spider-Man on PS4, and Mario and Zelda games on Nintendo Switch. As for where I got my username, it's based on a wrestling related podcast I listen to, What Happened When. Hoping to have fun here even if I don't get a chance to post a lot!

Hello @WHW_Simmer :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to posting on the forums!
    It is nice that you started simming by playing the console version and are now playing Sims 4 on PS 4. It is great that the Gallery is soon coming to console! I hope you will enjoy sharing your creations with the simming community.
    It is nice to know about how you got your username.
    I hope you will enjoy posting on the forum threads.
    Happy simming! :)
  • WHW_SimmerWHW_Simmer Posts: 21 Member
    Thank for the warm welcome, @rosemow

So far, I am indeed enjoying posting in the forum threads. And I'm definitely looking forward to uploading some of created sims when the gallery comes to console.
    "It is now time for our main event of Bob Pancakes vs. Diego Lobo, but here comes Caleb Vatore with an angry holiday gnome! And now here comes Johnny Zest with a cup of vampire cure! It's pandemonium, but we're out of time!"
    WHW_Simmer wrote: »
    Thank for the warm welcome, @rosemow

So far, I am indeed enjoying posting in the forum threads. And I'm definitely looking forward to uploading some of created sims when the gallery comes to console.

You’re welcome :)
  • KaseyandsimsKaseyandsims Posts: 37 Member
    Hey I’m new to the forums! I might have posted on this thread before years ago but I’ll introduce myself again because I’m basically still a new member.

I’m kasey, I’ve been playing the sims 4 since I was about 12. I only owned sims on the DS previous to that, I had cats and dogs and it might’ve been urbz: sims in the city with burgalurs and stuff like that. (You were in a jail for some reason and yeah ahah)

I love playing many generations of sims families. I’ve got 2 main families, the Williamson’s and the Jone’s. Both of which are related (one child took the family name, the other did not)

The Williamson’s has triplets and the Jone’s have opted for a single child.

I’ll post photos when I’m a member loll
    Hello @Kaseyandsims :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is nice that you started simming by playing the console version, and are now playing Sims 4.
    It is special playing Sims families and seeing the new generations of children. It is lovely seeing the interactions between generations and siblings <3
    It is lovely one of your families has triplets! :)
  • SimXDSimXD Posts: 19 New Member
    Hi, I am really thankful that I can be with you.
    I've playing The Sims since 6 or 7 years old, I can't remember now but I played the sims before i learned how to read and write. :smiley:
    Sims is part of my life, It's for the better and for the worse. I couldn't imagine my life without it.
    I'll post some pics when i'll be member.
    SimXD wrote: »
    Hi, I am really thankful that I can be with you.
    I've playing The Sims since 6 or 7 years old, I can't remember now but I played the sims before i learned how to read and write. :smiley:
    Sims is part of my life, It's for the better and for the worse. I couldn't imagine my life without it.
    I'll post some pics when i'll be member.

Hello @SimXD :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is very nice that you have been simming since you were a young child and that simming has been a part of your life as your life as you have been growing up. You would have lots of special memories of fun times spent simming over the years <3 Simming is very enjoyable!
  • painting_trees89painting_trees89 Posts: 27 Member
    Hello, I'm Tiff. I've been playing the Sims since Sims 1 as well.. I primarily like to build when I play. Love creating new venues that are aesthetically pleasing for my sims to visit. Love the gallery! Love putting my creations up and also seeing everyone else's creations too. I have no friends that play, so I thought this would be a good option to meet other simmers.
    Hello, I'm Tiff. I've been playing the Sims since Sims 1 as well.. I primarily like to build when I play. Love creating new venues that are aesthetically pleasing for my sims to visit. Love the gallery! Love putting my creations up and also seeing everyone else's creations too. I have no friends that play, so I thought this would be a good option to meet other simmers.

Hello @painting_trees89 :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is nice that you have been simming since the original Sims 1. You would have enjoyed creating a variety of type of homes and community lots in the different Sims versions. Building is a very enjoyable and special part of simming! It is great that we can enjoy expressing our creativity through the game in this way! It is very nice that you share your creations through the gallery so that other simmers can also enjoy having your creations in their games :)
  • uglytownieuglytownie Posts: 29 Member
    Hi there! I'm Shayla, also known as Cupidjuice on tumblr, primarily for my custom content.
    I like long walks on the beach, hot fries, and pajamas. I took a two year break from the Simblr community and creating, because I had a beautiful little baby boy. I'm very excited to be back and playing The Sims 4 ♥

If you would like to check out my custom content, you can do that here : https://cupidjuicecc.tumblr.com/

Or follow me on my new tumblr: https://uglytownie.tumblr.com/
    f9kiTE1.png
    uglytownie wrote: »
    Hi there! I'm Shayla, also known as Cupidjuice on tumblr, primarily for my custom content.
    I like long walks on the beach, hot fries, and pajamas. I took a two year break from the Simblr community and creating, because I had a beautiful little baby boy. I'm very excited to be back and playing The Sims 4 ♥

If you would like to check out my custom content, you can do that here : https://cupidjuicecc.tumblr.com/

Or follow me on my new tumblr: https://uglytownie.tumblr.com/

Hello @uglytownie :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is lovely that you have a precious little boy <3 Welcome back to simming!
    Perhaps one day your little son will be a simmer like you!
    Going for walks on the beach would be lovely <3
  • MothmanMerlinMothmanMerlin Posts: 39 Member
    Howdy! I'm Merlin, and although I'd love to call myself the installation wizard, I'm only just digging into script modding. I have a tumblr, wherewolfolf, but its not sims related at all, really. All the CC i've made has just been for myself, lol. I'm pretty much non-binary, I use he/him and they/them and was inspired to start modding because of my joyfriend (yup, joyfriend!) who also plays the sims. I play the sims 4, it was my first game, and have been enamored by the sims ever since i used to watch my aunt play the sims 2 as a kid. I'm not particularly good at building, eheh, but I am rather proud of the outfits i pair for my sims and sometimes I even recolor meshes by myself to get just the right shade.
    suspected osdd-1b system|he/him|heavily modded game, see something you like, just ask:>|novice programmer and experienced artist|
    "it's like one of my Japanese animes!"
    Howdy! I'm Merlin, and although I'd love to call myself the installation wizard, I'm only just digging into script modding. I have a tumblr, wherewolfolf, but its not sims related at all, really. All the CC i've made has just been for myself, lol. I'm pretty much non-binary, I use he/him and they/them and was inspired to start modding because of my joyfriend (yup, joyfriend!) who also plays the sims. I play the sims 4, it was my first game, and have been enamored by the sims ever since i used to watch my aunt play the sims 2 as a kid. I'm not particularly good at building, eheh, but I am rather proud of the outfits i pair for my sims and sometimes I even recolor meshes by myself to get just the right shade.

Hello @MothmanMerlin :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is nice that you started simming by playing Sims 4, and that it was your aunt that first introduced you to simming. It is great that many simmers have started simming as a result of watching family or friends having fun simming and deciding that they would like to play also!
    It is enjoyable spending time in cas working out outfits for our sims.
  • ArriettyArrietty Posts: 17 New Member
    Hi! My name is Arrietty, my actually name is Arrieta, Arrietty just sound better. The Sims 4 is the first Sims game I've played I started playing at mid 2018 but stop around the end of 2018 because it was my senior year of high school I want to make sure it was a good last year. I'm in college now and I'm jumping back to the Sims just to ease my mind. I have no friends that plays sims(no friends at all in fact) I hope to make some even if just being online friends.
    Arrietty wrote: »
    Hi! My name is Arrietty, my actually name is Arrieta, Arrietty just sound better. The Sims 4 is the first Sims game I've played I started playing at mid 2018 but stop around the end of 2018 because it was my senior year of high school I want to make sure it was a good last year. I'm in college now and I'm jumping back to the Sims just to ease my mind. I have no friends that plays sims(no friends at all in fact) I hope to make some even if just being online friends.

Hello @Arrietty :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is nice that you are now back simming again after a break due to your studies. Congratulations on your graduation and that you are now attending college! :) You would be enjoying playing the Sims now as restful breaks from your college studies.
    I hope you will enjoy meeting and chatting with fellow Simmers as you read and post on the forum threads.
  • BranhamellaBranhamella Posts: 1 New Member
    Hello everyone, it' my first time here in forum (or in any forum in particular) but I have been playing sims since I was 14 (I am in my 20s now :cry: ). I am currently playing the 100 baby challenge on PC and console, which I am on the verge of giving up (jk), but wish me luck. In the future I'd like to create custom contents and share it with the world, but maybe when I finish college and the 100 baby challenge :lol: I'll start working on it. My friends don't play sims, so I have no one to talk to if my sim gave birth to triplets or if I'm having a rough day because of "todmaggedon", so I think joining in this community is indeed a very good idea :smile: #Hoping to gain simmer friend/s 2020 :lol:
  • ChristinewhogameChristinewhogame Posts: 8 New Member
    I'm Christine (Not my real name by the way), I'm 22. I love watching youtube videos (if you want to know which one you welcome to Direct message me (I think there's those). I also wanted to do my on cc based on a youtube "series" I watch, but it's more complicated than I watch. I've played the sims 2 and now have sims 4 and planning to ask my mom to buy the laundry stuff back. Since I need it for one of my build ;). I will need more stuff too. Like game backs. so yeah. ;) But, game packs will wait. They're so expensive on the site directly *glup* Also, English isn't my first language. I also love cats (and want the cats and dogs pack) just have to wait and find it at a better price. Can't buy them myself. I'm a student in adult education (it's between high school and Cegep (college equivalent in Quebec (which is in Canada).
    Hello everyone, it' my first time here in forum (or in any forum in particular) but I have been playing sims since I was 14 (I am in my 20s now :cry: ). I am currently playing the 100 baby challenge on PC and console, which I am on the verge of giving up (jk), but wish me luck. In the future I'd like to create custom contents and share it with the world, but maybe when I finish college and the 100 baby challenge :lol: I'll start working on it. My friends don't play sims, so I have no one to talk to if my sim gave birth to triplets or if I'm having a rough day because of "todmaggedon", so I think joining in this community is indeed a very good idea :smile: #Hoping to gain simmer friend/s 2020 :lol:

Hello @Branhamella :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is nice that you have been simming since you were a teen, and that simming has been a part of your life as you have been growing up. I hope that your 100 baby challenge goes well! It can get busy looking after many children in the game!
    I hope you will enjoy meeting and chatting with fellow simmers about what is happening in your game as you read and post on the threads.
    I'm Christine (Not my real name by the way), I'm 22. I love watching youtube videos (if you want to know which one you welcome to Direct message me (I think there's those). I also wanted to do my on cc based on a youtube "series" I watch, but it's more complicated than I watch. I've played the sims 2 and now have sims 4 and planning to ask my mom to buy the laundry stuff back. Since I need it for one of my build ;). I will need more stuff too. Like game backs. so yeah. ;) But, game packs will wait. They're so expensive on the site directly *glup* Also, English isn't my first language. I also love cats (and want the cats and dogs pack) just have to wait and find it at a better price. Can't buy them myself. I'm a student in adult education (it's between high school and Cegep (college equivalent in Quebec (which is in Canada).

Hello @Christinewhogame :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is nice that you started simming by playing Sims 2 and now are playing Sims 4. I hope that in the future you may be able to get further game packs to use in your game.
    I hope your school studies are going well. You would be enjoying simming as a restful and fun break from your studies,
  • SimisterYTSimisterYT Posts: 7 New Member
    Hello, fellow simmers! I'm Chyina (pronounced like the country, China). I was born and raised in Michigan, USA, but have lived in Queensland, Australia for the past 9 years. I'm married to an Aussie, but now kids (yet), unless you count our Great Dane mix, Jacko. I've been playing the sims since TS2 but only on console until TS4. I saved up for two years to get my gaming laptop and one of the first things I did was get TS4, lol. I just started my own Sims YouTube channel too, which has been a trip and a half, lol, but I'm loving it. Can't wait to really get more involved in the Sims community, been a loner pretty much my whole Sims existence. :smiley: I hope to make many new friends, learn a lot of new things, and just share the fun of the Sims with all of you.
    SimisterYT wrote: »
    Hello, fellow simmers! I'm Chyina (pronounced like the country, China). I was born and raised in Michigan, USA, but have lived in Queensland, Australia for the past 9 years. I'm married to an Aussie, but now kids (yet), unless you count our Great Dane mix, Jacko. I've been playing the sims since TS2 but only on console until TS4. I saved up for two years to get my gaming laptop and one of the first things I did was get TS4, lol. I just started my own Sims YouTube channel too, which has been a trip and a half, lol, but I'm loving it. Can't wait to really get more involved in the Sims community, been a loner pretty much my whole Sims existence. :smiley: I hope to make many new friends, learn a lot of new things, and just share the fun of the Sims with all of you.

Hello @SimisterYT :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is nice that you were born and grew up in the USA and now live with your husband in Australia. It is great after saving for two years, you were able to get a gaming laptop and enjoy playing the pc version of Sims 4. Having the gaming laptop would be very special for you as you spent a while saving up to buy it.
    It is exciting that you have a sims YouTube channel! :) Simmers would be enjoying watching your Sims videos. You may like to read and post on the threads in the Video Haven section of the forums.
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/video-haven
  • menysanasmenysanas Posts: 22 Member
    > @fullspiral said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > Because the post asks us to share about us and why we are here. I'm here to discuss sims. Not myself.

> @rosemow said:
    > (Image)
    >
    >
    > Hello! Welcome to the Forums! This thread is for new and old simmers to come and introduce themselves, and say a little bit about themselves. We can get to know each other, and welcome simmers to the forums. I look forward to meeting you all, and hearing a little bit about you.
    > Happy simming to everyone!

Hi simmers!
    I'm new here, as you can see, and I don't know how much does it work. I've been playing the sims since 2013. I started playing the sims 3 because a friend of mine showed me it. And now I play the sims 4 and I love it a lot, so I decided to join the forums. And here I am. :)
    menysanas wrote: »
    > @fullspiral said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > Because the post asks us to share about us and why we are here. I'm here to discuss sims. Not myself.

> @rosemow said:
    > (Image)
    >
    >
    > Hello! Welcome to the Forums! This thread is for new and old simmers to come and introduce themselves, and say a little bit about themselves. We can get to know each other, and welcome simmers to the forums. I look forward to meeting you all, and hearing a little bit about you.
    > Happy simming to everyone!

Hi simmers!
    I'm new here, as you can see, and I don't know how much does it work. I've been playing the sims since 2013. I started playing the sims 3 because a friend of mine showed me it. And now I play the sims 4 and I love it a lot, so I decided to join the forums. And here I am. :)

Hello @menysanas :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is nice that you started simming by playing Sims 3 and that a friend introduced you to simming. It is great that you enjoying playing Sims 4 now also, and that this has led you to join the forums. I hope you will enjoy reading the forum threads, find helpful tips about playing the games and enjoy posting on the threads about your sims.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top