Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Art Style voting results are in: DYI Delight FTW

Comments

• ManakoHimeManakoHime Posts: 285 Member
    So glad it was not the Granny Chic one. I only hope the colours will not be too bright in this one, would love some softer, more toned down colours as well.
  • PatricePatrice Posts: 361 Member
    Yay!!! FIT Delight won! though hope to be able to change the room color😀
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    Whoo!!
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited January 2020
    Isn't this exactly the same style like Tiny Living, University and Parenthood? Why do they always give us the same (and why do people vote for it)?
    Pretty much. I mean it will probably blend with those packs well with the colors and all and with the whole look of the Sims 4 already. Sims 4 base game is very pastel looking too, so it is far from a new thing since it has been in the game over five years already. The whole Barbie dream house look has pretty much been the staple look for this iteration.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    I can't remember what I voted for but I'm pretty sure it wasn't the one with the pastels.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    The art team usually does a good job with adding a lot of swatches for new B/B assets. Still on the fence about this pack because of the whole knitting thing being in DU even though they didn't expand the idea beyond defacing statues. If they decide to add a second hobby activity it wouldn't break my heart at all. I'll just wait until we get closer to the release before making up my mind, because we don't know yet what our Sims will be able to create. The idea of knitting stufffed animals for the kiddos is pretty cute, but a variety of cuddly toys with many color swatches isn't too much to ask for. They should include a kitty, puppy, rabbit and maybe a sea creature of some kind. And I hope they create new meshes for the adults and kids. It'd be disappoinmenting if we were restricted to knitting CAS stuff that's already in the game.
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    LiELF wrote: »
    No!!!!!!!!!!! :s I really didn't care for this one at all yet I liked both of the others.

Same. It looks like Barbie's dream sewing room to me, but oh well. I voted Happy Haunts anyway.

lol welp thanks @LiELF I guess one of my three barbies in my game will enjoy this. :D
    But I really wanted granny chic.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,442 Member
    No!!!!!!!!!!! :s I really didn't care for this one at all yet I liked both of the others.

Same. It looks like Barbie's dream sewing room to me, but oh well. I voted Happy Haunts anyway.

lol welp thanks @LiELF I guess one of my three barbies in my game will enjoy this. :D

Haha! Well, that works out for you at least. It's going to look fabulous in your Barbie Sim's house. 😄
    #Team Occult
  • LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    edited January 2020
    My guess is we were always gonna be getting this one anyway... lol Just in case nobody else has caught on yet, their little "voting" things are just for show... they already have everything pre-selected. They just wanna make us "think" we actually voted on something.

The same goes for the last time we "voted" on a pack... we were ALWAYS gonna get laundry... even if the majority of Simmers chose something else. We were also ALWAYS gonna get knitting, regardless of what we all voted for.

When we vote in the next round, it's not going to matter again... why? Because they already have the style of CAS items selected... we're just gonna be "voting" for the sake of making it seem like we're actually having a say in the next pack.

The 'Tiny Living Stuff Pack' trailer is proof of this... the fact that there are so many knitted outfits is enough evidence that our votes were worth nothing... because there's absolutely NO way they could've created all those CAS items between the voting period and now. It doesn't work that way.

I would LOVE if they'd actually allowed us to have a say in the packs... lol But, they don't... and probably never actually will. They'll just keep shoving packs that nobody asked for down our throats... ('Tiny Living' is a great example of this).
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • HoveraelHoverael Posts: 1,230 Member
    I think i voted for DIY when the vote started. IIRC it was the only option as none of the others were unique enough to be considered worthy enough.

However with that said, an expanded color palette range would be nice.
  • Glimmer50Glimmer50 Posts: 2,365 Member
    It wasn't my first choice but it will go with other things in the game. I do hope they give us the hanging plants still and some different color palettes other than those bright pastels.
  • ladybrixtonladybrixton Posts: 5 New Member
    This looks a lot like my craft room/study (just all blur instead of pink). I was really hoping it would win. I liked some of the industrial furniture pieces in one of the others, but as an overall look, this get modern and fresh. I’m glad it won.
  • EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 849 Member
    This was not what I voted for. I agree with the others who said this was too bright and pastel. I wanted the Cozy art style. Oh well.
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    My guess is we were always gonna be getting this one anyway... lol Just in case nobody else has caught on yet, their little "voting" things are just for show... they already have everything pre-selected. They just wanna make us "think" we actually voted on something.

The same goes for the last time we "voted" on a pack... we were ALWAYS gonna get laundry... even if the majority of Simmers chose something else. We were also ALWAYS gonna get knitting, regardless of what we all voted for.

When we vote in the next round, it's not going to matter again... why? Because they already have the style of CAS items selected... we're just gonna be "voting" for the sake of making it seem like we're actually having a say in the next pack.

The 'Tiny Living Stuff Pack' trailer is proof of this... the fact that there are so many knitted outfits is enough evidence that our votes were worth nothing... because there's absolutely NO way they could've created all those CAS items between the voting period and now. It doesn't work that way.

I would LOVE if they'd actually allowed us to have a say in the packs... lol But, they don't... and probably never actually will. They'll just keep shoving packs that nobody asked for down our throats... ('Tiny Living' is a great example of this).

Evidence?
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,461 Member
    Not happy, but I do hope it looks better in-game.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • painting_trees89painting_trees89 Posts: 27 Member
    I’m glad this is the one that won... but still can’t believe knitting won over glass fabrication. Kind of disappointed, I won’t lie.
  • ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,407 Member
    I'm a bit conflicted...on the one hand I do like some of the art styles and items in this pic, and don't mind a bit of pastel. I really like the aesthetic of granny chic though and am hoping that even though this style won they will still incorporate some items/designs from GC.

Then again, I was not excited for laundry day at all and use 90% of it in my homes/cas.
    "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member

I like tiny living concept. There are a ton of entries for the tiny home challenge, so from that doubt it isn't something that no one wants it or asked about especially on forums with Simmers wanting smaller objects and there being mods to support that idea too. Works with how tiny the Sims 4 neighborhoods and lots are. Actually a pack that will be useful especially for builders like me. I mean I may not have asked for it, but it is something I talked to SimGuruGraham about because I watch Tiny Living shows on HGTV. It's how I get inspiration to actually fit things into the tiny shells of places the Sims 4 allows with all the tiny lots offered for majority of the packs. Just because I'm not a Simmer that is glued to Twitter yelling at Gurus directly of things I want in the Sims, doesn't mean these themes don't represent me as a person. I knit and I live in a small bedroom, smallest bedroom in the house that fits both my office and sleeping space and a small bathroom. I've had to be a bit creative and used the Sims 4 to design both tiny spaces.

Anyway I think both themes are going to work well and just because people like supernaturals, doesn't mean that Simmers like me want activities beyond just the lazy lifestyle for Sims of eating and being connected to a tech device 24/7. I actually wouldn't mind more sports activities too especially since there are so many food options and not many options for Sims to burn it off. Probably why Simmers have to cheat their way in CAS of making their Sims skinny again like I've seen on Twitch before. I actually joked that Simmers should send all their knitted crafts to the Gurus to wear before the pack is released. So yes I have hobbies beyond just the Sims and knitting and crocheting is a big part of it. I play instruments and dance too, so there are still many themes that are left to be represented in the Sims 4 for me. So for me, I'm happy with the themes so far this year and find them much more useful than Moschino stuff pack of last year which was focused on self-image theme. At least with the new themes it will be something more than one YA Sim can use at a time.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • SimsILikeSimsSimsILikeSims Posts: 1,634 Member
    edited January 2020
    The outfits are cute, I like the door and the rabbit in the basket, but I did not vote for this style because.... way too much pink. The pink on the walls AND the doorframe is just too much. Oh well, I suppose I can always paint the walls a different color. Or just use cc wallpaper. I also am hoping the door sign is separate from the door so it can be put on other styles of doors. Wreaths on doors would be great too. Wreaths aren't just for the holidays - straw wreaths are great for fall, for instance, and flower wreaths for spring, and shell wreaths for summer. Not to mention some teens like to put up small posters or sports flags on their doors. Not to even mention door hooks for robes or towels, and small bulletin boards.
    Natural+Shell+Wreath.jpg
    6cd4947af8d608c18bd4af462dd2bc30.jpg
    master:NN1181.jpg?is=400,400,0xffffff
    Or, if you prefer drawings,
    getdrawings.com/flower-wreath-drawing
    I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.
  • Orchidah1Orchidah1 Posts: 193 Member
    Well I'll be look at that a winner for something I voted :p Looking forward to seeing this in action
  • WillskyWillsky Posts: 63 Member
    I respect the vote and actually this was my 2nd :smile:
    (I really like the big table and the ikea look)

However, I voted for Cozy Craft Workshop as I saw myself using that stuff the most but I don't mind it being this one. But I will say I hope they include more plain swatches, as I would like to get this pack, and it would be a shame if it was all pastel.
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member

Just out of curiosity, which three Barbies do you have in the game? I have two 1963 Allans, TNT Stacey with long hair, TNT Christie, Crystal Ken, and that modern Ken who came with wigs. :)

Sorry for being off topic!
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    Wow, just wow. I actually voted for this but thought Granny Chic would win, so shocked DIY won.

I love the things in the DIY, but voting against the objects just because you don't like the color of the room is baffling. :D

If Granny Chic had won, I probably wouldn't have bought the pack. While I would love a seniors' pack, I would not have liked hanging out watching my elders knit. :p
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • TamaekTamaek Posts: 440 Member

Couln't have put it better myself. I also wanted Happy Haunts. It feels like Laundry Day all over again. I hate Laundry Day. I had a small compact washer and dryer but a family of five and so I was literally doing laundry every-single-day 24/7/365. I did laundry on Christmas day, my birthday, my anniversary, Valentine's Day. If I missed a day I'd fall behind and then wind up taking it all over to my dad's and spending the day washing laundry and being in his way, he says he didn't mind but I couldn't do it all the time. Then the vote came in for Laundry Day. Yay. So I can now do laundry in the sims while I'm doing laundry in real life. So thrilled... Well, maybe this one isn't that bad but still. It looks too Barbie. I hope and pray for more subdued colours that are not so Easter Morning in Barbie's Dreamhouse.
    As of 12-18-16 I joined the Own The Store Club! Now I get to pay it forward! Thanks to everyone who helped me get here. You guys are amazing. ^_^ Love to you all!! <3

Looking to make the most of your Simpoints and maybe make some great friends along the way?

Check out the DD Rotation Thread for tips, tricks, tools and the whole DD rotation schedule.

Need a little help owning the store or want to help others? Head over to The Gifting Directory!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top