Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What should we be able to knit?

Comments

• IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited January 2020
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    IceyJ wrote: »
    katbies wrote: »
    My grandma knitted all of her grandkids a teddy bear and I think that would be really cute. Also knitting blankets if possible but only if functional.

This is important. I want functional blankets that keep sims warm in cold weather. In fact, all wearable knitted items should warm sims up for everyone who has Seasons.

That would be interesting but then, they'd also die from overheating in the summer while wearing knitted things.

Then change clothes. It's no different than dying while wearing other non-summer clothing.

Or, the clothing could only warm them up in cold weather. There's a solution for everything. :)
  • SimmingbirdSimmingbird Posts: 19 New Member
    Besides clothing/accessoires like scarves , gloves and sweaters etc. I would love to see a fair amount of decorations too. Some (wall) decorations that would look good in living rooms and/or kitchens. And some toys! Stuff for the kids is important. Maybe also some cute hats with animal ears (just the ears, not the faces).
  • CheekyimpCheekyimp Posts: 124 Member
    Hats, scarves/shawls/cowls, gloves/mittens, sweaters/cardigans, socks, I'd say blankets but don't know how that would work in game, but lots of unlockable clothing items would be fine by me. Oh and stuffed toys too, and dog/cat sweaters!
  • islarosexivislarosexiv Posts: 454 Member
    I love cute knit hats, sweaters, scarves.. but also afghan blankets, or the more trendy chunky arm knit blankets. I don't know if it's in the team's scope of work, but I'd love to be able to wrap up in a blanket, or decorate beds/couches with a throw that has some interaction. I need more cozy in my game! :)
    Gallery: Islaroses
    Build Showcase: Islaroses
    Simblr: islarosesims.tumblr.com
    Sims Mobile: NJUTWNP

• Ladybug_COBLadybug_COB Posts: 19 Member
    edited January 2020
    I would love to see blankets, sweaters, beanies, scarves, little toys for the kids, socks...
  • lieslmarethlieslmareth Posts: 3 New Member
    Baby Yoda. (Yes I know we got a statue, but if you knit or crochet you know that the internet absolutely exploded with patterns. Ravelry currently has 148 patterns for the little guy.) Also ... yarn bombing!! Definitely could tie in with University, as another way to "graffiti" the fountains. Maybe swimsuit coverups for Island Living, and reusable bags?
  • DotDot Posts: 1 New Member
    I would love it if we could make stuffed animals for toddlers and children. I think it would also be fun to make basic decorations made out of yarn, like a knitted flower.
  • IrishsongIrishsong Posts: 1,754 Member
    Toddler hats and toddler sweaters would be adorable and something that a lower/intermediate knitter could do.
    Definitely hats, people knit them to sell or you can donate them to feel nice, perhaps a moodlet?

I think it would be awesome if you could unlock clothes like unlocking career clothes or items. Sweaters, scarves, hats, beds with blankets could be put in bb, shawls (irl, i love knitting shawls), caplets, stuffed animals. I'll steal some pictures and links from pinterest later, because it's way more interesting than it sounds.
    jzZP0sJ.png
  • purplestarz2006purplestarz2006 Posts: 340 Member

I would like to see sweaters and blankets, but I think the thing I’d be the most excited for stuffed animals & other toys. It’s a simple way to include kids & toddlers in the pack, and while the giant stuffed animals we have are cute it would be nice to have smaller ones as well. (Also food for thought: what if sleeping with one in your inventory got rid of the monster under the bed as an alternative to the nightlight?)
    TranquilityCreekBannerMaskssmall.jpg
  • MalauryMalaury Posts: 1 New Member
    I think it would be cool if we could knit a winter cap and / or a big sweater or toys for kids
  • superpurple1superpurple1 Posts: 187 Member
    I’d like to see knitted beards, knitted toys for the kids and toddlers, knitted bracelets, knitted cardigan vests, knitted caps, and knitted cat ear beanies.
  • Arishka145Arishka145 Posts: 1 New Member
    Knitted clothes would be fun to have! Like knitted dresses, cardigans, sweaters, etc. As well as knit toys! Knitted toys are adorable!
  • thesimmer14thesimmer14 Posts: 393 Member
    edited January 2020
    Knit holders for icepacks, make compatible with GTW illnesses/DU injuries.
    Pillow fighting equipment, with real pillow-fighting interactions.
    Itchy sweaters that put your Sim at risk for getting a rash.
    Functional beach towels with low durability.
    Picnic blankets.

Sock puppets [as someone mentioned (:]. Let Sims with low social talk to them. Insane Sims can use them to watch other Sims sleep.
    Children Sims can be taught skills with them.
    Cats/dogs can play with them.
    No toys, please. These items technically exist in the base game and the gameplay post-knitting would be recycled.

Limit the decor; game play needs more depth. Minimal things to hang on the wall, minimal knitted clothing. Functional gameplay items, please.
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    More ideas.
    More baby onesies.
    69c99881c97d4536b268fc3ddf769297.jpg
    d7aaf363f795a510a21d521a4d881b0e.jpg
    874b0dba46ccd6d9813b73be76e9ed7f.jpg

For Pets
    Simple DIY bed.
    48311b91c2a37008d134c8c6552ad8c3.jpg
    Cute patterned bed.
    aa7fa9b71cf6e8f1f3a9558dea421b73.jpg
    These are more similar to the bed options we already have.
    41bc626a3fad220cf289b339d7661830.jpg
    This one's just a pillow, but I think it's fitting for DIY.
    883c903ecc24a7791701f560e4dda450.jpg

I'd love it if we could knit beds the pets they can crawl into, like cozy pet houses. I think they're fitting for DIY.
    dc1416d2d6c1db09a7008752ceedf48c.jpg
    688b5cccff727d93a366c939d78b69a4.jpg

And of course, pet clothes.
    3975afae94e90786f7ef4c4c3a01c49e.jpg
    307539c0fa7045ab4de6cdbcfe47fd9e.jpg
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,106 Member
    edited January 2020

Limit the decor; game play needs more depth. Minimal things to hang on the wall, minimal knitted clothing. Functional gameplay items, please.

Yes! I was thinking that too. I want the pack clothing to be mainly crafted items, like the sewing machine clothing from The Sims 2: Freetime. We know it can be done this time because there's the special suit from Strangerville.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    For game play I would that YA/adult/elder Sims can teach teenagers and children how to knit. I would love for toddlers to be able to finger knit which is very basic and looks like this.
    160f59fd2339a96fd855597cf671d2d4.jpg

It would be fun to have a loom to make yarn and loom knitting too.
    Loom Knitting:
    10205416.jpg
    089893e64008427f2c8376472a1ed3e8.jpg
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • AmyAngelusAmyAngelus Posts: 9 New Member
    Dresses & pet clothing I guess. I hope this also comes with a sewing machine.
  • WoolleybeansWoolleybeans Posts: 7 New Member
    Tea cosies. I will also be needing a teapot.

And throws to go over existing settees, so they can make their homes cosy.

They should also be able to make knitted dragons and things and sell them on a Sims version of Etsy. It would be cool if Sims could blog about knitting and post/find patterns online.

It would be pleasing if they could knit and gift baby blankets etc when another Sim is expecting or has adopted.

For those of us with Pets and the new pack, cats should interact with the knitting, playing with yarn and coming to lie on blankets. Or at least please give them a ball of yarn toy.
  • DiviaDivia Posts: 3 New Member
    I don't knit but I crochet. I would love if it was also included along with other similar yarn/thread craft activities. I think blankets, sweaters, and stuffed toys would be great things to include.
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,015 Member
    Count me in on scarves - that's an accessory we desperately need. But I also want some dragon rep, and animal-themed hats are always cute. So I would like to propose this number

DSC_6800_8X10_small2.jpg
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Emiliouna1Emiliouna1 Posts: 7 New Member
    I'd love to my Sims to be able to make knitted toys (teddy-bears, puppets, dolls etc) for children, to knit clothes for EVERY life state like sweaters and socks, blankets (that could be put in the inventory and unlock the options "relax/snuggle in blanket" whenever on a couch or bed), binnies and scarves, other decorative objects to improve the furnitures we have (example: couch and bed covers; could be unlocked in build/buy mode as a varient for some of them once crafted, same for pillows, tablecloths etc). |I would love to see some knitted things for babies as well (baby blankets, jumpers, stuffed animals, and place them in their crib. Since we can't do anything meaningful with them "yet", it would be a nice improvement). I would also like the option sor the Sims to sell their creations online and make a profit out of their craft (creating a page where they can sell them and gain money and fame ;for those who have also "get famous"). Oh!!! Oh!!!!! and pet sweaters for "Cats and Dogs"!!!!!
    I think I'm done :p
  • katrinasforestkatrinasforest Posts: 1,002 Member
    Not sure if this was brought up elsewhere in the thread, but having the knitted creations be something you can sell in a store not just use around the house would be a huge plus. :)
    Watch me mash together Sims and Pokémon to tell a story about battling glitches in Penny Saves Paldea. Updated every other Thursday.
  • SimChelySimChely Posts: 3 New Member
    when I knitted i would make Christmas tree ornaments. Bells. stars, candy. and little bags to put small gifts in.
  • 1cePony1cePony Posts: 1 New Member
    I would love to be able to knit new hats (as a Minnesotan, none of our winder hats cover the Sim's ears, that needs to change or our Sim's need to be getting sick a lot more in the colder months), scarves, purses, tops, wall before (blankets on dowl-rods fo wall mounting, pot holders to hang and dispay... ECT) blankets, and stuffed animals. Sims should be able to knit a special outfit for baby Sims as soon as they know a Sim who is expecting. It would be a nice way to give babies some depth. Sims should be able to have knitting circle groups, and craft fairs through the selling tables. This is a great opportunity to work on Elders in general. Give them a reason for their life stage other than to exist before they die. Thank you guys for letting us be a part of this!
  • CeridwenCeridwen Posts: 228 Member
    Lots of things other people have already mentioned so I'm repeating really, but for me personally, I would like to see the following as possibilities:

Clothing - jumpers/cardigans, hats, scarves, gloves/mittens, slippers/slipper boots, socks. The ability to work a fashion designed career at some point off using this would be awesome too, but not essential for this pack.

Home Decor - blankets/throws, cushion covers (so cushions in general!), rugs, decorations/Christmas decorations, baskets. Same for an interior design career bouncing off this in the future.

Toys/toy clothing

I would also love it if you could include crochet under the knitting umbrella, but I don't expect it. The same items as above can be crocheted, but they would look a little different. :D
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top